Time for a new manager?

gnasher75

Time for a new manager?  

356 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Craig Levein should be replaced with another manager before the start of next season?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/04/19 at 11:00

Craig Levein has been a great servant of the club as player, manager and director of football but it is time for a new manager with a different approach. 

If we reach the Cup final he deserves the chance to go out on a high. But either way I hope that he and Ann Budge can agree that he will retire at the end of the season.

Edited by gnasher75

been here before

Cool. A new and exciting angle on a subject not nearly brought up enough recently.

Can never have enough Levein threads.

pettigrewsstylist
14 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Craig Levein has been a great servant of the club as player, manager and director of football but it is time for a new manager with a different approach. 

If we reach the Cup final he deserves the chance to go out on a high. But either way I hope that he and Ann Budge can agree that he will retire at the end of the season.

If it was decided that next season was to be a fresh start and we end up getting to final then why woukd you persist with CL?

A hearts cup final is way more important than CL and you would be duty bound to remove him if he wont step aside. Lets not pretend we have done anything special to get there that he masterminded.

5 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Another Poll,another Levein oot thread!

Yawn!!

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Cool. A new and exciting angle on a subject not nearly brought up enough recently.

Can never have enough Levein threads.

It's been quite a long time since there has been a poll.  Apologies if there is a way to add a poll to an existing thread.

15 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

No. Now is not the time to make changes. A review at the end of the season makes sense.

Let’s see how we get on in the cup semi and hopefully final.

It's the first time I've voted yes on one of these and it genuinely isn't because we lost today. I thought we were the better team as I've said elsewhere and the team was the right one.

I just don't think his heart is in it anymore. I don't think his approach to games is the right approach for Heart of Midlothian Football Club and I don't think he is doing his health any good remaining. He has lost the majority of the support, albeit has been unlucky this season with injuries and a new approach is required.

The new manager should have pre-season to get a couple of players in and work with the players we have. He can also assess the youngsters. Burns and Keena both had an impact today. 

The man bleeds maroon but I don't believe he is the right man to take us forward anymore. I'd love for him to go out with a SC win just to stop all this "loser" chat but I think the end of the season is the right time to say "We tried something different, it hasn't worked, we need the best available manager for this club with fresh ideas and no fear of the old firm".

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

No. Now is not the time to make changes. A review at the end of the season makes sense.

A semi against a second tier side, where we will outnumber their fans by 4 times

Any manager with a clue, given the quality that is actually in the Hearts squad, should win that

21 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Another Poll,another Levein oot thread!

Yawn!!

That’s because nothing will ever happen  we put our money in but are never heard. Pretty clear he.ll be here next season that’s a yawn ?

31 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Aye. I heard a rumour to that effect today. Hope it's true. Loads of respect for Craigie, but we're stagnating right now.  Time for a change. 

2 minutes ago, Morlich said:

Aye. I heard a rumour to that effect today. Hope it's true. Loads of respect for Craigie, but we're stagnating right now.  Time for a change. 

Didnt appear to be what he was saying in his interview

The semi/final doesn't matter. We're probably going to be playing Celtic and I hate to be defeatist but nothing in our form suggests we're capable of winning in Glasgow let alone Hampden. Changing manager before that will not make a difference IMO. 

Levein has been an excellent servant to the club but its time for him to step aside as manager before things sour. As DoF I think some assessment needs to be made too. If its turning off quality managers then perhaps that needs looked at. Perhaps he could remain as chairman?

I voted yes but what is the point? If Budge has her way it will be a # filler.

.Levein and Supergran can **** right off.

Sepp's Bladder

It takes more than a year or two to build a good team, and the fact is we are making progress under Levein. I believe he deserves more time and improvement will continue next season. 

NaturalOrder74

I’m not actually sure if a new manager could make a bit of difference from the amount of chances we had today to score and just no desire to stick it in the net 

Haringshairband
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Supergran :lol:

2 minutes ago, Sepp's Bladder said:

It takes more than a year or two to build a good team, and the fact is we are making progress under Levein. I believe he deserves more time and improvement will continue next season. 

There's always one ?

I hope for Craig as much as anyone that he can lift that cup in May. But theres a reason the likes of Wigan etc win Cup Finals, so it cannot be allowed to remove focus from the bigger picture, recruitment and style of Football under him has been nothing short of horrific.

24 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Almost agree. Voted No, no point. End of season regardless of performance in Cup he should go. Not back upstairs but gone altogether.

3 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

I’m not actually sure if a new manager could make a bit of difference from the amount of chances we had today to score and just no desire to stick it in the net 

But they can get more from the players already here with a more pressing game and less defensive minded 

Just now, Paul Shark said:

Almost agree. Voted No, no point. End of season regardless of performance in Cup he should go. Not back upstairs but gone altogether.

But the question is do you think there should be a new manager next season. 

2 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

But the question is do you think there should be a new manager next season. 

Quite undecided really ?

1 minute ago, Haringshairband said:

Supergran :lol:

She is so overrated I'm all out of ideas now.

As a fan who has as much right to a voice as any other fan, Ann Budge, Craig Levein, the loser hippie and the other loser can **** right off.  

Just voted no by mistake, as I misread as sacking him before end of season. I'd let him take the team until end of season then replace. 

Haringshairband
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

As a fan who has as much right to a voice as any other fan, Ann Budge, Craig Levein, the loser hippie and the other loser can **** right off.  

Agreed. We lack a spark and the feel good factor from the championship season is well and truly gone. We need to rip it up and start again.

38 minutes ago, kila said:

A semi against a second tier side, where we will outnumber their fans by 4 times

Any manager with a clue, given the quality that is actually in the Hearts squad, should win that

We could still win the cup.

Sepp's Bladder
7 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

There's always one ?

Ripping it all up and starting again seems to be all we've done recently.... I'd like to see us take a different route and try and build something mid/long-term. build up a team like JJ again.

starting again will most likely just lead to more frustration... on the off chance we actually land some up and coming, great manager, he'll just be off before we even win something and it will be back to square one.

Right now is just the foundation of a team, lets see if he can build on it. 

5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I'd still want a new manager 

I agree! Firmly in the LEVEIN OOT brigade

TyphoonJambo
25 minutes ago, Sepp's Bladder said:

This, a few new faces some consistency and a better bit of luck with injuries. Get Naismith signed and start training him to take over on 2-3years.

Enzo Chiefo
30 minutes ago, Sepp's Bladder said:

Reeking of Hibs.

Hearts have jumped from manager to manager for the last 15 years and we haven't really achieved anything. A couple cup wins and that's about it.

I believe in consistency and giving someone the time to build the team they want. He Is getting there, it's no denying we have a good squad, and players are signing up, a couple recruits in the summer and I believe with him at the helm we will keep progressing 

rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

6 minutes ago, Jambomuzz said:

Hearts have jumped from manager to manager for the last 15 years and we haven't really achieved anything. A couple cup wins and that's about it.

I believe in consistency and giving someone the time to build the team they want. He Is getting there, it's no denying we have a good squad, and players are signing up, a couple recruits in the summer and I believe with him at the helm we will keep progressing 

We're progressing squad wise (as a club like Hearts always will) look at Cathro. He signed Full Internationalists

We are a long ball and very predictable team in my opinion

Levein has recruited interestingly I think, we need somebody to take things on and I hope that happens in the summer

41 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

It's the first time I've voted yes on one of these and it genuinely isn't because we lost today. I thought we were the better team as I've said elsewhere and the team was the right one.

I just don't think his heart is in it anymore. I don't think his approach to games is the right approach for Heart of Midlothian Football Club and I don't think he is doing his health any good remaining. He has lost the majority of the support, albeit has been unlucky this season with injuries and a new approach is required.

The new manager should have pre-season to get a couple of players in and work with the players we have. He can also assess the youngsters. Burns and Keena both had an impact today. 

The man bleeds maroon but I don't believe he is the right man to take us forward anymore. I'd love for him to go out with a SC win just to stop all this "loser" chat but I think the end of the season is the right time to say "We tried something different, it hasn't worked, we need the best available manager for this club with fresh ideas and no fear of the old firm".

Where I’m at as well 

certainly wanting change is not based on today’s performance - fat from it - granted we couldn’t hit a barn door if we were 3 yards out but we were by far the better side overall and if we took our chances we could have absolutely hammered them

I just don’t think that overall we have been consistent enough through the season  - you just don’t know week to week what to expect - it’s up and down up and down - no real consistency and that’s worrying 

way we started the season was amazing and I really thought we were going to have a great season in the league - I get the impact the injuries have had to our team but even With players out the team we have had the odd game where we played well here and there but just haven’t been consistent enough overall imo 

not even bothering voting in this poll - what’s the point - as said I think it’s probably best to change the manager but I don’t doubt at all that CL loves the club, no question that he lives and breathes Heart of Midlothian - I just believe his tactical approach is out dated somewhat

I think maybe health wise it would be best for himself to make way as well as the stress will be with him 24/7. I don’t like seeing that impact on him as he is only doing what he believes in and thinks is right. He is obviously a proud man and I just don’t know that in times of adversity he would dig his heels in and keep going. It would be better if he came to the conclusion himself to step aside which would suit our current situation and circumstances. It’s obvious the pressure will always be there for him And can intensify - I just don’t think Craig really needs it at this point in his life and hopefully he realises this 

Craig Levein is one of my all time favourite players, he has given us great results as player and as manager (mostly first time round) but we are extremely stale, one dimensional and pedestrian. I have thought for months he will stand down at the end of this season and my opinion is not based on the back of todays result but of a growing need for change

All roads lead to Gorgie

I still want one of my favourite players and first time around managers to succeed but enough is enough, he has to go. 

I’ve praised today’s performance (defeat aside) but it was almost a reality check today.

Theres no killers in the team. At 1-0 we were under pressure right way. We should’ve had the bit between the teeth at that point and fought tooth and nail and continued to press Hibs.    We didn’t. We were on top but switched off for a spell.  

The manager can’t change it. What he’s got at his disposal is his picks and choices. 

Hes not got guys with attitude, bar 2 or 3.  He’s not got the winners or guts who know when to give that bit more. We’re to nice. 

rudi must stay

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’ve praised today’s performance (defeat aside) but it was almost a reality check today.

Theres no killers in the team. At 1-0 we were under pressure right way. We should’ve had the bit between the teeth at that point and fought tooth and nail and continued to press Hibs.    We didn’t. We were on top but switched off for a spell.  

The manager can’t change it. What he’s got at his disposal is his picks and choices. 

Hes not got guys with attitude, bar 2 or 3.  He’s not got the winners or guts who know when to give that bit more. We’re to nice. 

At 1-0 we should have got more

But I believe the players have the attitude that 1 is enough. And it isn't

That comes from Mr Levein, and his charismatic "ah well I would have liked to have got a few more goals" in his interviews doesn't change anything and is all for the cameras.

Yesterday's child, coupled with his yesterday's tactics, he's hopefully yesterday's news soon. Cut him he bleeds maroon , Thanks for everything but a football dinosaur

I keep hearing CL has sorted out the academy and got us back on track. Fact is it’s utter bollocks- all of the current Hearts teams from under 18 to seniors are grim. 

Famous 1874
56 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I agree. The football club seems to care about everything other than the actual football product - performances and results, along with coaching and recruitment. 

been here before
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Even though you could go you choose not to so why should we care what you think?

Edited by been here before

29 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

At 1-0 we should have got more

But I believe the players have the attitude that 1 is enough. And it isn't

That comes from Mr Levein, and his charismatic "ah well I would have liked to have got a few more goals" in his interviews doesn't change anything and is all for the cameras.

Yip. He’s done mate.