Hearts Academy - International Tournament

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

If you are looking for something to do with the kids/grand kids nest week during the school holidays, Hearts are hosting an international tournament for players born in 2005 (U15s) on Tuesday and Wednesday 9th and 10th April.

The teams involved are: Hearts Hibs, Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Liverpool, Arsenal, Dinamo Brest (Belarus) and four sides from the USA.

Games last an hour and are scheduled for 11:30am, 2:30pm and 5:30pm on the opening day and classification matches will take place from 10am onwards on the Wednesday.

Hearts opening game is against Liverpool at 11:30 on the outdoor artificial pitch.

It should be an entertaining couple of days.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• Portable Badger

• jamboinglasgow

Portable Badger

Sounds a great tournament and fantastic for our youngsters to experience a game against such clubs like Liverpool, Dinamo & Arsenal.  Wish I still got school holidays !! 

Footballfirst

Tuesday's fixtures 

11.30am

Hearts vs Liverpool Outdoor Astroturf

11.30am

ODP 1 vs Rangers
Pitch 5

11.30am

Aberdeen vs Arsenal
Pitch 1

11.30am

ODP 4 vs Celtic
Pitch 3

Aberdeen vs Arsenal
Pitch 1

2.30pm

Hearts vs ODP 3
Outdoor Astroturf

2.30pm

D. Brest vs Rangers Pitch 5

2.30pm

Aberdeen vs ODP 2
Pitch 1

2.30pm

Hibernian vs Celtic
Pitch 3

5.30pm

Liverpool vs ODP 3
Outdoor Astroturf

5.30pm

D. Brest vs ODP 3 Outdoor Astroturf

5.30pm

Arsenal vs ODP 2
Pitch 1

5.30pm

Hibernian vs ODP 4
Pitch 3

jamboinglasgow

Look forward to seeing how this goes. I think it can only be a good thing to have a the youngsters getting good experience. I see at the AGM they mentioned there is a tournament for a younger age group in the summer and a girls tournament in November.

Footballfirst

Hearts lost their two games today, 0-2 to Liverpool and 0-1 to one of the US Olympic Development sides, so will have to content themselves with playing in the plate competition tomorrow.

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts lost their two games today, 0-2 to Liverpool and 0-1 to one of the US Olympic Development sides, so will have to content themselves with playing in the plate competition tomorrow.

Disappointing they lost but more importantly how did they play?  Any of our guys stand out?

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, jambocub said:

Any idea of tomorrow fixtures 

1 hour ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Disappointing they lost but more importantly how did they play?  Any of our guys stand out?

Hearts plate semi-final is at 10:00 and their final or 3rd/4th playoffs at 1:30pm

Liverpool won Hearts group after beating the US ODP side 2-1.

Celtic beat Hibs 4-1 and a US side 5-0(?) to win their group.

Aberdeen I think won their group after beating a US side 5-0 (?) then Arsenal lost 0-1 to the US side. I don't know the Aberdeen v Arsenal score.

Dinamo Brest beat Rangers despite having two men sent off, then beat another US side 4-2(?) 

I was a bit disappointed with Hearts as they were fairly negative attack wise, both shot shy and reluctant to play forward passes. Their best two players went off injured in the 2nd game, maybe more to do with cramp after paying successive games. They also missed a penalty against the US side.

Portable Badger
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts plate semi-final is at 10:00 and their final or 3rd/4th playoffs at 1:30pm

Aberdeen I think won their group after beating a US side 5-0 (?) then Arsenal lost 0-1 to the US side. I don't know the Aberdeen v Arsenal score.

Dinamo Brest beat Rangers despite having two men sent off, then beat another US side 4-2(?) 

I was a bit disappointed with Hearts as they were fairly negative attack wise, both shot shy and reluctant to play forward passes. Their best two players went off injured in the 2nd game, maybe more to do with cramp after paying successive games. They also missed a penalty against the US side.

Shame we didn't step up for the games 

Thanks for the update FF

8 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Shame that both of the uglies were involved in this, in my opinion.

Yeah. Might be petty but if we're running a tournement would rather just include ourselves, hobos and the dons. No reason for the gruesome twosome. 

Great that our facilities can attract a tournament with this sort of quality of yourh teams

Edited by Jammy T

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

That could have been the first team in many games this season you were talking about.

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

That could have been the first team in many games this season you were talking about.

It's all part of Craig"s plan to have all the teams below the 1st team playing the same pattern as the first team.

I typed that in jest but I'm not do sure now.?

Footballfirst

Hearts beat Arsenal 3-2 in their plate semi final and will play a US side in the final. 

I watched the reserves train in between games and saw two unusual sights. One, the lesser spotted Malury Martin and two, Vanacek scoring a goal after he managed to escape from the two manequins that had defended him well until then.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts beat Arsenal 3-2 in their plate semi final and will play a US side in the final. 

I watched the reserves train in between games and saw two unusual sights. One, the lesser spotted Malury Martin and two, Vanacek scoring a goal after he managed to escape from the two manequins that had defended him well until then.

:lol:

Did he sell it a dummy before slotting?

Footballfirst
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

:lol:

Did he sell it a dummy before slotting?

No. He tried to nutmeg the manequin, failed, but got the break of the ball. 

Portable Badger
38 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Classic post !!

Feckin disappointed to hear about DV though !!  Rip up the SPFL David???

Ferryjambo99
32 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

In the cup semis Aberdeen beat Liverpool 4-0 and Dinamo Brest beat Celtic on pens after a 0-0 draw. 

Sounds like Aberdeen have a good side 

Everybody's obviously trying hard but all of Hearts teams are mediocre. Common factor of course is that they are all overseen by CL. 

Edited by Prof

5 minutes ago, Prof said:

Everybody's obviously trying hard but all of Hearts teams are mediocre. Common factor of course is that they are all overseen by CL. 

Yawn........

The Future's Maroon
59 minutes ago, Prof said:

FFS, this thread is about an U15 tournament we should be proud to be hosting and yet the digs about CL still come up.

adambraejambo
1 hour ago, Prof said:

Spot on , I lost the League cup final in Football manager last night. Levein out !! 

Dynamo Brest Vs Aberdeen in the final 0-0 at half time.

Brest refused to ko on time as they were moaning about timings and players having to take off under armour that was not the same colour as the strip.

Aberdeen look a decent side

1 hour ago, Prof said:

You sound like you are pleased all our teams are mediocre. Glibly spouting drivel when it’s fairly obvious to the meanest intellect our footballing side is in a mess, only helps the status Quo ( and that’s not a rock group by the way!).

Honestly give it a rest.  We are in a Scottish cup semi this weekend while you will be at home waiting for your parade for getting 3 points last weekend;deal with it 

JamboGraham
2 hours ago, Prof said:

Some posters are obviously trying too hard...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Prof said:

You sound like you are pleased all our teams are mediocre. Glibly spouting drivel when it’s fairly obvious to the meanest intellect our footballing side is in a mess, only helps the status Quo ( and that’s not a rock group by the way!).

Our reserve team just won a cup largely young players. 

Kind of flies in the face no?

Levein doesn't micro manage either. 

If you want to be relevant at least try to think it through 

Footballfirst

Overall thoughts on the tournament is that it is a great addition to the calendar, if we can continue to host it on an annual basis.

However, Hearts promotion of the event and communications during the event was notable by its absence.  They need to provide a schedule of fixtures and list of squads and a means of obtaining the scores from each game, rather than word of mouth. There was a brochure that showed the draw and the fixtures, but I am unaware of Hearts ever publishing it.

It may by that the event was actually promoted by AM Soccer, but if Hearts name is being used, then it needs to be much more proactive in its advertising and communications. It was the school holidays and it would have been better had they had a couple of hundred more spectators.

The format of the tournament was OK, but it would have been better with 16 teams playing over three days. (would probably cost more to host though). The scheduling of the games on the first day meant that there there three lots of 4 matches starting simultaneously with long gaps of two hours or more between games. A more staggered schedule, as on the second day, would have been better from a spectating viewpoint.

In terms of the football on show, the event showed that there is little between the abilities of the Scottish sides and the EPL sides at that age, so one has to wonder how we can't produce competitive sides at older age groups.

Dinamo Brest won the tournament with a peach of a goal from a free kick in the final, but they won't have won many friends during the tournament. Let's say that they wouldn't win any prizes for sportsmanship, with several instances of elbows in the face, feigning injury, spitting at opponents and a couple of red cards. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, Jeff said:

What was the deal with Brest anyways? Does AM have a contact in there or something? Seems a strange booking (all be it they won it)

I don't know anything about the link with the club, but Clayton Blackmore (ex Man Utd) is a youth coach there.

They won a tournament in Spain last month, beating Real and Atletico in the process.

https://en.dynamo-brest.by/news/academy-news

JamboGraham
25 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Overall thoughts on the tournament is that it is a great addition to the calendar, if we can continue to host it on an annual basis.

However, Hearts promotion of the event and communications during the event was notable by its absence.  They need to provide a schedule of fixtures and list of squads and a means of obtaining the scores from each game, rather than word of mouth. There was a brochure that showed the draw and the fixtures, but I am unaware of Hearts ever publishing it.

It may by that the event was actually promoted by AM Soccer, but if Hearts name is being used, then it needs to be much more proactive in its advertising and communications. It was the school holidays and it would have been better had they had a couple of hundred more spectators.

The format of the tournament was OK, but it would have been better with 16 teams playing over three days. (would probably cost more to host though). The scheduling of the games on the first day meant that there there three lots of 4 matches starting simultaneously with long gaps of two hours or more between games. A more staggered schedule, as on the second day, would have been better from a spectating viewpoint.

In terms of the football on show, the event showed that there is little between the abilities of the Scottish sides and the EPL sides at that age, so one has to wonder how we can't produce competitive sides at older age groups.

Dinamo Brest won the tournament with a peach of a goal from a free kick in the final, but they won't have won many friends during the tournament. Let's say that they wouldn't win any prizes for sportsmanship, with several instances of elbows in the face, feigning injury, spitting at opponents and a couple of red cards. 

Thanks for taking the time to update us. Always interesting to hear on all things Hearts and sounds like a promising start with room for improvements in future years...

Alex Kintner
6 hours ago, Prof said:

Hearts 3 Arsenal 2

:levein_interesting:

We_are_the_Hearts
11 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Hearts 3 Arsenal 2

:levein_interesting:

Hearts 0 Liverpool 2

Liverpool 0 Aberdeen 4

:muggy:

chester copperpot
20 hours ago, Prof said:

Did our reserves not just win the cup? ?

We_are_the_Hearts
17 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

They won the trophy though. You don't get trophies for being nice. Mind you might not be far away in this country ?

Unknown user
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Did our reserves not just win the cup? ?

Yes, but that was despite Levein, keep up dude!