Jump to content
Agentjambo

Summer transfers

Recommended Posts

Agentjambo

What positions do we need to add to during the summer window?

I think 

2 wingers

2 midfielders

1 pacey striker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brighton Jambo
Posted (edited)

For me:

 

A new Goalkeeper

Cover at right back

A new Left back (cover or first choice depending on fitness issues of AW/BG)

One premier league established winger (rationale being that between Wighton/Mulraney/Morison/McDonald) we have enough already to cover the other wide berth. 

One box to box midfielder

One forward (to replace McLean and assuming Naismith re-signs)

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo

Assuming everyone in the current first team stays we only need a winger and creative midfielder. Maybe a striker and left back depending on injuries and decisions around garrucio, mclean and vanacek in summer.

 

It’s great we can focus on filling 2

or 3 key positions now instead of another squad overhaul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

For me:

 

A new Goalkeeper

Cover at right back

A new Left back (cover or first choice depending on fitness issues of AW/BG)

One premier league established winger (rationale being that between Wighton/Mulraney/Morison/McDonald) we have enough already to cover the other wide berth. 

One box to box midfielder

One forward (to replace McLean and assuming Naismith re-signs)

Agree re keeper

We have a number of rb’s coming through, Brandon, Godinho, Logan 

Need a left back

Need a winger or two

Box to box - Bryson? A few  younger players coming through, Cochrane, Irving, Smith

Forward - McLean has on year left, need a poacher, ? Shankland

Edited by soonbe110

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tartofmidlothian

The other question is, who do we think will go? I was convinced Djoum would be off, but there might be a chance he'll hang around. Lee and Maclean are used less and less, and Shaugnessey and Hughes will be away. Sammon too, which is a free wage.

 

GK

 

Happy with what we have, but if Gordon became available I'd take him in a minute and let Doyle go.

 

CB

 

If Halkett is replacing Hughes and Shaugnessey, we have a dream team with him, Souttar, Berra and Dikamona.

 

LB and RB

 

Smith and Garuccio as first choice on either side with Godinho and Brandon as back up is okay. We aren't desperate for new blood but if the right signings come along we should go for it.

 

CM

 

We desperately need one more established quality player, or two if Djoum goes. Lee and Bozanic are squad players.

 

Wingers

 

I like Mulraney a lot, but Morrison seems to have stalled. Wighton shows promise though. One more winger needed, at least.

 

Forwards

 

Uche, Naismith and Clare are all well worth their place, but Keena, Vanecek and Wighton are untried. Will Maclean be here? At least one striker needed.

 

If Naismith, Haring and Djoum sign contracts the minimum we need are a proven striker, midfielder and winger, but we could do with two of each if anyone leaves or any players worth a punt come up, and the same with the full-back positions. We only need a new goalie if it's Gordon or someone of equal quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ramrod

Levein has stated he can only see 3or 4 coming in this summer . 

Another striker for Sammon a box to box mid and possibly a wing back would be my guess and perhaps a keeper if a decent one becomes available and a deal can be done ( Craig Gordon ) maybe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lsimp77

Craig Gordon

Jimmy Dunne (loan)

Naismith 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Levein has stated he can only see 3or 4 coming in this summer . 

Another striker for Sammon a box to box mid and possibly a wing back would be my guess and perhaps a keeper if a decent one becomes available and a deal can be done ( Craig Gordon ) maybe 

 

I think we've been after a winger and creative mid for a while so hopefully that will be the focus to bring in quality. We will probably also need a new first choice LB  if Garrucio is out for 10mths depending on how White shows up in training etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874

2 in the bag already!  Keeper a winger and a forward key for me.. hoping harry cochrane gets some game time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn

Depends on who we lose.

 

Quality Goalkeeper

Quality Left Back

Quality Winger

2 Quality midfielders

Quality Striker

 

thats minimum. 

 

Keep Djoum and Naisy. Get Haring signed up.

 

Punt Doyle, Shaughnessy, Lee, Bozanic, Edwards, Martin, Sammon

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tartofmidlothian
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

2 in the bag already!  Keeper a winger and a forward key for me.. hoping harry cochrane gets some game time 

 

Who's the other one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboPete

I wonder if Chris Cadden is still on our radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
31 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

 

Who's the other one?

 

Aidy white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay

Pace and confidence in attack.  Basically players that always want the ball. Wouldn't mind Jamie Walker back and yes I would take Cadden. Also like the look of the Cambridge striker (raw but he could turn into a player) 

 

Roll on the summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Debut 4

Cut out the ‘project’ signings of players who could hardly establish themselves at the club we got them from. 

 

Halkett’s that type of signing I don’t mind. Now proven and deserves another shot at a bigger club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
1 hour ago, lsimp77 said:

Craig Gordon

Jimmy Dunne (loan)

Naismith 

 

 

 

Unlikely we would try and sign Dunne now we have Halkett.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ibrahim Tall

When's Demi's contract up, this summer? He was given an extra year last summer IIRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tartofmidlothian
57 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

 

Aidy white

 

Oh yeah!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dellboy1971
2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

What positions do we need to add to during the summer window?

I think 

2 wingers

2 midfielders

1 pacey striker

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dellboy1971

I agree

 

goalkeeper

2 wingers

1 midfielders

1 fast box finishing striker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnking123

How would you fancy David Marshall as goalkeeper..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennant's  6's
17 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

How would you fancy David Marshall as goalkeeper..

If he's available on a free, and wants to come back to Scotland, we should definitely keep tabs on him.

Adam, Bryson, Gordon/ Marshall would add some real character & know how to the squad, even better if Naismith was to stay. Then hopefully in a couple of seasons  young boys like Cochrane, Smith, Irving, Keena etc will be ready to be regulars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnking123
Just now, Tennant's 6's said:

If he's available on a free, and wants to come back to Scotland, we should definitely keep tabs on him.

Adam, Bryson, Gordon/ Marshall would add some real character & know how to the squad, even better if Naismith was to stay. Then hopefully in a couple of seasons  young boys like Cochrane, Smith, Irving, Keena etc will be ready to be regulars

He is out of contract at end of season. Couple of years younger than Gordon and seems destined to leave hull at end of season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tennant's  6's
Just now, johnking123 said:

He is out of contract at end of season. Couple of years younger than Gordon and seems destined to leave hull at end of season.

I've not seen him play for ages, but if he's still at the same levels, like McGregor seems to be, then he'd be an up grade on our current GK's, and Gordon as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rudi must stay
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

How would you fancy David Marshall as goalkeeper..

 

Very positive. Excellent Keeper, we'd be mad to turn him down if he's available and interested (that's key)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla
3 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

Craig Gordon

Jimmy Dunne (loan)

Naismith 

 

 

 

There are also players out there who haven't played for us before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Uncle Buck

I think we’re only covered at centre back and right back. I’d like to see a goalkeeper, left back, box to box midfielder (or a Djoum replacement), couple of wingers and a goal scoring centre forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

How would you fancy David Marshall as goalkeeper..

I’d take big Dave Marshall, he’s a safe pair of hands. Would say he’s even better than John McLaughlin. He is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn

Goalies 3

Bobby Zlamal, New Keeper, Kelby Mason

Right Back 3

Michael Smith, Jamie Brandon, Marcus Godinho

Left Back 3

Ben Garuccio, New Left Back, Aaron Hickey

Centerhalf 5

Christophe Berra, John Souttar, Craig Halkett, Clevid Dikamona, Chris Hamilton

Central Mids 8

Arnaud Djoum, Peter Haring, Sean Clare, Harry Cochrane, 2 x New Central Midfielders, Andy Irving, Connor Smith

Wingers 5

Jake Mulraney, Calumn Morrison, New Winger, Dario Zanatta, Anthony McDonald

Forwards 6

Uche Ikpeazu, Stevie Naismith, David Vanecek, Aidan Keena, Craig Wighton, New Forward

 

3 in each position, squad of 33. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Assuming everyone in the current first team stays we only need a winger and creative midfielder. Maybe a striker and left back depending on injuries and decisions around garrucio, mclean and vanacek in summer.

 

It’s great we can focus on filling 2

or 3 key positions now instead of another squad overhaul.

 

Agree with this. First time in a while we are looking and keeping the core of a decent squad and building on it. Even have a few players that will start to attract interest down South. Can see Uche, Souttar, Haring, Clare and potentially Mulraney getting monitored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manny1874

I'm not sure how much room there is going to be in the budget, with only a few players moving on, so I'd rather we just went for a couple of quality players. 

 

A winger/wide midfield player would be my top priority, and perhaps a left back also. 

 

This is assuming we don't need to replace Djoum and Naismith, but if they go we would need to add replacements for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Cut out the ‘project’ signings of players who could hardly establish themselves at the club we got them from. 

 

Halkett’s that type of signing I don’t mind. Now proven and deserves another shot at a bigger club. 

 

Like Sow, Zeefuick, Clare, Souttar & Mulraney?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Goalies 3

Bobby Zlamal, New Keeper, Kelby Mason

Right Back 3

Michael Smith, Jamie Brandon, Marcus Godinho

Left Back 3

Ben Garuccio, New Left Back, Aaron Hickey

Centerhalf 5

Christophe Berra, John Souttar, Craig Halkett, Clevid Dikamona, Chris Hamilton

Central Mids 8

Arnaud Djoum, Peter Haring, Sean Clare, Harry Cochrane, 2 x New Central Midfielders, Andy Irving, Connor Smith

Wingers 5

Jake Mulraney, Calumn Morrison, New Winger, Dario Zanatta, Anthony McDonald

Forwards 6

Uche Ikpeazu, Stevie Naismith, David Vanecek, Aidan Keena, Craig Wighton, New Forward

 

3 in each position, squad of 33. 

 

Aidy white? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

 

Aidy white? 

:lol: how could I forget 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lfhearts

Kelby Mason.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
heartmussel
4 hours ago, JamboPete said:

I wonder if Chris Cadden is still on our radar.

Came on for Hastie on Saturday,think that was his first appearance for Motherwell for a good while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Debut 4
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

 

Like Sow, Zeefuick, Clare, Souttar & Mulraney?

Sow, Zeefuik and Souttar are the success stories, and quickly.

 

Sow came with a reasonable background. Got him from Palace.

 

Zeefuik more of a gamble but I couldn’t tell you at that time who scouted or chose to sign him? But from Dutch football, maybe a recommendation from Mark De Vries?

 

Souttar had played 63 first team matches with Utd. Was highly rated and sought after , Sunderland had a bid knocked back. Hardly a project.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Sow, Zeefuik and Souttar are the success stories, and quickly.

 

Sow came with a reasonable background. Got him from Palace.

 

Zeefuik more of a gamble but I couldn’t tell you at that time who scouted or chose to sign him? But from Dutch football, maybe a recommendation from Mark De Vries?

 

Souttar had played 63 first team matches with Utd. Was highly rated and sought after , Sunderland had a bid knocked back. Hardly a project.  

 

Sow had been blighted with injuries and had barely played any football. He has barely played any football since and we sold him for over £1m. Souttar wasn't getting a game for Dundee Utd and was roundly criticised on here after a few dodgy appearances. He was very much a project as can be seen from the massive improvement from his first appearance for us to now being a Scotland International being touted as an English Championship or even EPL player. Wighton has had a very comparable career at Dundee and could equally be as successful at Hearts. We will always need a variety of 'types' of signing, from the established Berra, Naismith or Lafferty 'marque' type through to the Sow, Souttar, Wighton development or 'punt' type. It would be overly cautious not to take the occasional gamble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hthejambo

Would put feelers out for Jamie mac try and get cadden if we can get bryson and maybe shankland that would be a good window 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taffin
Posted (edited)

2 first choice wingers and replacements for any of Djoum, Haring and Naismith that don't re-sign.

 

If we could get rid of some filler then I'd use that saving on one quality centre mid or a winger.

Edited by Taffin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FarmerTweedy
41 minutes ago, hthejambo said:

Would put feelers out for Jamie mac try and get cadden if we can get bryson and maybe shankland that would be a good window 

Seriously? I'm assuming you mean Jamie MacDonald. We've got better than him in Zlamal already, and if we really want to be contenders, we need better than Zlamal! Jamie MacDonald's level is backup for the likes of Killie (which he is just now) or first choice somewhere like St Mirren or Dundee, or perhaps lower than that. He's not good enough for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobNox
2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:lol: how could I forget 

 

To be fair, you're not alone.  I was only reminded of him when I saw his name mentioned on another thread.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzbomb1958
8 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

What positions do we need to add to during the summer window?

I think 

2 wingers

2 midfielders

1 pacey striker

Manager and backroom staff come on happy clappers another season of mediocrity why not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
21 minutes ago, RobNox said:

 

To be fair, you're not alone.  I was only reminded of him when I saw his name mentioned on another thread.

 

 

Tbf, I think he’ll be a very good player if he’s fit and able. Might not even need a LB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cosanostra

Chris Cadden, Craig Bryson, a new winger, another first team ready striker, maybe a goalie and we're good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Upgrades needed in goals, LB (could be White if he's decent), battling midfielder, box to box player (could be bryson), quality wide player (maybe 2), poacher style striker (could be Keena if given a chance, the boy has bags of potential). Sign up Naisy and if Djoum stays we might be onto something. Not an overhaul needed this summer but we are really lacking of quality in key areas. Add a bit of that in the summer and we'll be fine, I still trust Levein for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neil_Grant
Posted (edited)

A decent striker and pacey winger. 

Easier said than done though... Its a tough market out there. 

Edited by Neil_Grant
Spelling mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Chris Cadden, Craig Bryson, a new winger, another first team ready striker, maybe a goalie and we're good.

 

Agreed, I’d add that I’d like to see the winger and striker to fit the halkett mould of 23-27 with 3 or more seasons of regular first team football, we have enough developing/project players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigAlim

Keep Djoum and add Bryson, Cadden and Naismith. Beyond that I'd be looking to shift players to make room for a couple of extra attacking players 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy

Chris Cadden, Lawrence Shankland, new goalkeeper and Craig Bryson. 

 

With Naisy signing up too. Good squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...