• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stuart Lyon

• The Real Maroonblood

• OBE

• been here before

Janbo1874

Road markings are in place for this latest folly, let's see how it pans out.

Wft are the coned off zones on North Charlotte Street all about?

Not a cycle lane 

Surely not spaces for people 

Easy escape for the troughers from Bute House 🤷‍♂️

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

All to do with the LEZ

https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/lez

Just had a look at the lies they are spouting. They've got a brass neck I'll give them that. As for the fines well it just confirms that this whole exercise is them trying to rake in more cash from motorists. 

Ray Gin
On 30/03/2024 at 09:05, Stuart Lyon said:

SNP's war on motorists? The RW Tory rag just ignoring that 2 of the 3 councils mentioned are Tory coalition councils (with Lib Dem and Labour).

5 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

All to do with the LEZ

https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/lez

Something properly wrong with their car checker tool which will no doubt make folk think they can drive in the LEZ when they can't, pretty sure my 3ltr Diesel from 2011 isn't Euro 6 compliant (since Euro 6 started being tested in 2015) yet the website says I can drive in any LEZ in scotland

Psychedelicropcircle

I went over a speed bump in London street which was higher on the other side & cracked my sump. Is it a nightmare to try & claim off the council?

13 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I went over a speed bump in London street which was higher on the other side & cracked my sump. Is it a nightmare to try & claim off the council?

Pretty sure you would need to prove that it had been reported and then not repaired by the council within the timescales the council themselves set for carrying out a repair

Howdy Doody Jambo

Does anybody know what the logic is behind the new East bound section on Morrison Street between Torphican Place and Dewar Place?

it's very odd and an accident waiting to happen especially with parked cars and those wishing to turn right onto Torphican Place 

Also noticed no left turn West bound Morrison Street onto Gardiners Crescent 

It just seems like another one the councils aggressive tactics against any motorist trying to navigate sensibly around town 

Edited by Howdy Doody Jambo

Seymour M Hersh
49 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Does anybody know what the logic is behind the new East bound section on Morrison Street between Torphican Place and Dewar Place?

it's very odd and an accident waiting to happen especially with parked cars and those wishing to turn right onto Torphican Place 

It just seems like another one the councils aggressive tactics against any motorist trying to navigate sensibly around town 

Logic from the clowns in the city chambers? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Stuart Lyon
2 hours ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

All to do with LEZs and providing non compliant vehicles with an escape route. See the ling in my post on this thread yesterday.

Psychedelicropcircle
9 hours ago, Ribble said:

Pretty sure you would need to prove that it had been reported and then not repaired by the council within the timescales the council themselves set for carrying out a repair

Hard to understand why I’ve to be out of pocket because it’s not been reported or a timescale set. It still ****ed the sump without any of the above.

Seymour M Hersh
16 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

All to do with LEZs and providing non compliant vehicles with an escape route. See the ling in my post on this thread yesterday.

I'm trying to work out how you "escape" up Morrison St which seems to be heading further into their stupid zone. Although maybe that's the point to ensure the wankers get £60.00!

RustyRightPeg
On 15/04/2024 at 20:14, Psychedelicropcircle said:

I'm in the process of trying to do it at the moment due to a pothole. They're responded pretty quickly initially but a bit of a lull since. 

luckyBatistuta
On 12/04/2024 at 20:32, cookieboy said:

I see they are making Morrison Street two way between Torphichen Steet and Gardner's Crescent 

PHC been driving up there for a good couple of years now

On 15/04/2024 at 20:14, Psychedelicropcircle said:

It is, they’ll try and talk their way out of it, but don’t give up. Got my alloy wheels replaced by them.

23 hours ago, Ribble said:

57 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I'm in the process of trying to do it at the moment due to a pothole. They're responded pretty quickly initially but a bit of a lull since. 

Check here to see if it’s been reported.
https://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/report-problem-road/report-road-pavement-

problem

There was a shocker of a hole in the main road outside my street recently. Went on to report it and found about a dozen markers already on there. Told them I had taken screen shots of website and emails and if any family, friend or neighbours vehicles were damaged, they would be contacted by my lawyer. It was filled in the next day🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Three weeks later and their cheap shoddy repair has given up, back to a giant hole again.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It is, they’ll try and talk their way out of it, but don’t give up. Got my alloy wheels replaced by them.

Mine was acknowledged as already identified. How much time + effort did you go to?

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Thanks for sharing the link - didn't know this was available.

Some mega potholes near me that haven't been reported. It's incumbent upon all road users to report these as often as possible to help each other out when it comes to the damage inflicted on our vehicles by the council's wilful neglect of the road surfaces. 

I assume there is some kind of shady agreement between the contractors and the council given how quickly roads deteriorate nowadays?

This.

I've seen a penis being painted beside a pothole and that certainly speeded up the repair. 😁

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Mine was acknowledged as already identified. How much time + effort did you go to?

Not really that much tbf. They came out with their usual “we can’t be held accountable if we don’t know about it”

They try this on with everyone. My elderly mother stood on a slab on the pavement on Lothian Road and it flipped up. She fell forward smacking her face into the pavement, breaking her glasses. Had to go to hospital in an ambulance. They rolled out the same “we can’t be held accountable if we don’t know about it”

Back on to the roads….Check that site I posted and take pictures of the hole which caused the damage.

It buckled both my nearside wheels. It was full of rainwater, so didn’t see it. Went back with a ruler and took pictures.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

What? Tam McManus sitting having his portrait done in the middle of the street?

:lol:

Stuart Lyon

Some common sense?

Tried posting an article from the Scotsman by Sue Webber, Tory MSP but failed miserably. Will try again.

Edited by Stuart Lyon

Malinga the Swinga
On 30/03/2024 at 11:55, John Findlay said:

Scott Arthur doesn't walk much around Edinburgh City centre then.

20240330_115353.jpg

Mr Arthur has announced that he wants to become MP for Edinburgh West. He will be standing for Labour I think.

That's all he's in local politics for, a step towards getting on gravy train and money for himself.

Typical of most politicians, utterly hopeless at his current job yet wants to have more power.

• 3 weeks later...
Stuart Lyon

Good news for a change the north end of Marchmont Rd looks as if it is about to re-open after about 17 months. The heavy plant and materials have been removed and the road reinstated. Line marking going on when I passed about 09:30 this morning.

Stuart Lyon
10 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Nice one. 

I also drove down Morrison Street for the first time in ages on Sunday. It's a bit weird having a lane coming up the way after so many years as a one-way - it's been like that for as long as I can remember but then as a young whippersnapper I only started driving in 2000. When was it made one-way in the first place?

My optimism re Marchmont Rd was misplaced as they have moved the work to the other side of the carriageway and into the adjacent side streets.

I drove up Morrison St for the first time the other day and it felt a bit strange. I see when travelling down Morrison St you can't turn left into Gardner's Crescent. I wonder if that will just encourage people to make a u-turn below the Dewar Place junction so they can turn right into Gardner's Crescent.

Hannibal Lecter
10 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

My optimism re Marchmont Rd was misplaced as they have moved the work to the other side of the carriageway and into the adjacent side streets.

I drove up Morrison St for the first time the other day and it felt a bit strange. I see when travelling down Morrison St you can't turn left into Gardner's Crescent. I wonder if that will just encourage people to make a u-turn below the Dewar Place junction so they can turn right into Gardner's Crescent.

Apparently the switch is to last approximately 6 weeks, will be glad to see the back of this system.

Stuart Lyon
Posted (edited)

More traffic restriction nonsense coming our way. This is yet another anti vehicle scheme which will lead to more congestion and pollution on the roads used by displaced traffic. This may result in pollution levels increasing to a level whereby the Council will feel justified in making more restrictions. 

The Council are pursuing vanity projects which they believe in and to hell with what the citizens of EH want.

Consultation exercise ends on 17/5/24.

Mound Area Traffic Restrictions.png

Edited by Stuart Lyon

jimbojambo

The bypass was closed westbound from Sherrifhall to Straiton last night. Couldn't go Cameron Toll way either so a half hour journey took over an hour. 

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

More traffic restriction nonsense coming our way. This is yet another anti vehicle scheme which will lead to more congestion and pollution on the roads used by displaced traffic. This may result in pollution levels increasing to a level whereby the Council will feel justified in making more restrictions. 

The Council are pursuing vanity projects which they believe in and to hell with what the citizens of EH want.

Do you have a link to the thing they laughably call a consultation? Tried too find it but no clue where to look which is what they want I suppose.

Herbert.

My 8-9 mile drive to work is only 20mins less than my previous 50mile drive. The roads are a shambles. Lights get thrown up everywhere and you never see anyone working.

Stuart Lyon
3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Do you have a link to the thing they laughably call a consultation? Tried too find it but no clue where to look which is what they want I suppose.

Hope this helps

IMG_0836.png

il Duce McTarkin
25 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Hope this helps

IMG_0836.png

Very tourist and student friendly, I must say.

**** the rest of us, mind.

I think a traffic-free Forrest Road sounds pretty good TBH.  Stop for a coffee, watch the world go by, to & fro from the Meadows and the new complex at the old Royal.

Nice for the residents of the flats too - no traffic thundering along.

nobodymove

City is becoming unworkable as a jobbing tradesmen. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

I think a traffic-free Forrest Road sounds pretty good TBH.  Stop for a coffee, watch the world go by, to & fro from the Meadows and the new complex at the old Royal.

I don't think that has ever happened in Forrest Road. 

2 hours ago, nobodymove said:

City is becoming unworkable as a jobbing tradesmen. 

As keen as I am seeing more and more restrictions on vehicles in the mediaeval and Georgian city centre - I can see that being a real problem.  I’m sure there must be a workaround though?

3 hours ago, FWJ said:

Unless you’re under 25 you’ll look considerably out of place in Forrest Road.

If carlsberg did rivals...
On 09/05/2024 at 13:11, Stuart Lyon said:

If I'm understanding this correctly, vehicles coming up the Mound have to go down Market Street to avoid the bus gate, but vehicles coming along George IV Bridge have nowhere to go to avoid the bus gate as every other option is closed or pedestrianised!

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

If I'm understanding this correctly, vehicles coming up the Mound have to go down Market Street to avoid the bus gate, but vehicles coming along George IV Bridge have nowhere to go to avoid the bus gate as every other option is closed or pedestrianised!

Anyone taking their car through the Edinburgh city centre is a knob.

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Anyone taking their car through the Edinburgh city centre is a knob.

Why? 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why? 

Why put up with all the restrictions and get pissed off with the stress.

Certainly not enjoyable but if you're fine with it crack on.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Why put up with all the restrictions and get pissed off with the stress.

Certainly not enjoyable but if you're fine with it crack on.

For a lot of folk it might be necessary. Doesn't make them knobs.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

For a lot of folk it might be necessary. Doesn't make them knobs.

Stay safe when you're driving through the city centre. 

maroongoals

was on a bus today, the noise and bumps from state of roads was redic, must be causing damage to them ,but council want us using public transport, maybe a hovercraft is the way forward

ArcticJambo

Takes me an hour on Sat matchday to get from Porty to Roseburn.  Utter Hell!!!

Get rid of half the stops and bring back separate exit doors. Really quite simple.  Auld ***** have all day to walk another 100 yards, and we don't have to wait on all the tourists fannying about when alighting. 

And, and see the state of the inside lane at the start of the A1 just off the Milton Link roundabout ... disgrace!  Outside lane immedaitely folks. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Takes me an hour on Sat matchday to get from Porty to Roseburn.  Utter Hell!!!

Get rid of half the stops and bring back separate exit doors. Really quite simple.  Auld ***** have all day to walk another 100 yards, and we don't have to wait on all the tourists fannying about when alighting

And, and see the state of the inside lane at the start of the A1 just off the Milton Link roundabout ... disgrace!  Outside lane immedaitely folks. :thumbsup:

Sounds like what you need is a tram .. :whistling:

ArcticJambo
7 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Sounds like what you need is a tram .. :whistling:

Haha, probably, except it doesn't go anywhere near me!  Been back six yrs and yet to use one.

Howdy Doody Jambo

The clowncil have created a game of how to negotiate around Edinburgh 

They should just wall it all back up again and charge taxes for people to come and go out the gates 

The roads and pavements are too far gone now to repair anyway 

it would take about 80 year's for the council to make them safe going by their speed 

North Bridge what's that all about? 5 years and counting,the Queensferry Crossing was built in half that time

Roseburn to Haymarket cycle lane 2 year's which is barely used by cyclists at a cost of millions 😂 and the constant congestion it's created at the Roseburn Bar  junction - bonkers!

The next piss take will be to pedestrianise George Street but have a cycle racing track through the middle of it with their fantasy of alfresco dining for our 2 weeks of tepid warm temperatures a year

Look at me eating oot in the freezing pissin rain in Edimburgo 😂 

Seymour M Hersh
18 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Stay safe when you're driving through the city centre. 

I think I'll be fine. 

Council to reinstate left turn from Leith Walk into London Rd because of pressure on Picardy Place roundabout. No admission that they got this drastically wrong.

A number of CeC vehicles are not LEZ compliant! Failed to learn from Glasgow's experience.

Scott Arthur is deliberating on spending £100K on consultants to advise the Council on the Work Place Parking levy they are desperate to introduce to get revenue for more of their vanity projects.