Jump to content
Kiwidoug

Terror attacks(s) in Christchurch

Recommended Posts

Kiwidoug

As if the people in Christchurch haven't suffered enough in that city, it is now in lockdown in what appears to be mass shootings at various sites including mosques.

 

News is still sparse but it appears to be horrific.  Let's hope for the best for all all the people caught up in this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamtartan74
20 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

As if the people in Christchurch haven't suffered enough in that city, it is now in lockdown in what appears to be mass shootings at various sites including mosques.

 

News is still sparse but it appears to be horrific.  Let's hope for the best for all all the people caught up in this.

Just seeing this on the news here Doug, 😕 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
peter_hmfc

The shooter broadcast it live on Facebook via a GoPro camera and the video is online. From the looks of it there could be 20+ dead from one attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

Latest reports are that it's not one of these jihadi madman, it's an Aussie right wing extremist.  Reports are that at least 27 are dead.  Let's hope they're wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood

40 now reported killed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gashauskis9
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Latest reports are that it's not one of these jihadi madman, it's an Aussie right wing extremist.  Reports are that at least 27 are dead.  Let's hope they're wrong.

The media will roll out the mental health issues line for certain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

That’s ducking brutal and to live stream it wtf.

 

It sounds like it an anti Muslim attack by some right wing extremists. 

 

Absokutely tragic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Sausage

Absolute scum. 

 

Should be treated in the same way as any other mass terrorist attack. 

 

Horrific attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar

Horrific. 3 men and a woman arrested. How do you even find a suitable punishment for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cocobeab

What a f......... terrible world we live in. 

 

Thoroughly, thorougly depressing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moogsy

What a disgusting coward. 

 

The rise of the extreme right wing is extremely frightening and I can see attacks like this becoming more common. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Victorian

Horrific.     What a horrendous thing.

 

If this happened here in the UK on a similar scale it would be equally as horrific but it would also be a very real threat of escaling violence getting out of control,    such is the scale of extremists loose on the streets,   from both sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

The media will roll out the mental health issues line for certain.

 

To be fair, anyone who carries out an atrocity like this, must have a screw or two loose.

 

Just read the reports on this. Absolutely horrible.

As another poster said above, what a disgusting coward. At least he hasn't taken his own life, so hopefully he'll face the consequences of his actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Homme

Atrocious attack on innocent, peaceful men, women and children. 

 

Unfortunately these *******s will get their minute of fame in court. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

God damn the video is awful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin

Christian terror attack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, Homme said:

Atrocious attack on innocent, peaceful men, women and children. 

 

Unfortunately these *******s will get their minute of fame in court. 

 

Seems like the equivalent of Brevik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo

Death toll up to 49 apparently :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
33 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

 

To be fair, anyone who carries out an atrocity like this, must have a screw or two loose.

 

Just read the reports on this. Absolutely horrible.

As another poster said above, what a disgusting coward. At least he hasn't taken his own life, so hopefully he'll face the consequences of his actions.

 

Won't surprise me that he'll revel in his notoriety, another Anders Breivik type possibly.

 

On the mental health issue, seemingly on the video he's shooting at people from his car, but then stops at a pedestrian crossing and as calm as you like lets people cross the road then drives on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

Won't surprise me that he'll revel in his notoriety, another Anders Breivik type possibly.

 

On the mental health issue, seemingly on the video he's shooting at people from his car, but then stops at a pedestrian crossing and as calm as you like lets people cross the road then drives on.

 

He seemed to hero worship Breivik so that would definitely make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John Findlay

Why do we tag these people with labels. Right wing extremist, jihad is etc etc. No they are murderers/mass murderers pure and simple. shouldn't be breathing air. When found guilty in a court of law. Just take him/them out back and put a bullet through their head(s) quick and painful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Why do we tag these people with labels. Right wing extremist, jihad is etc etc. No they are murderers/mass murderers pure and simple. shouldn't be breathing air. When found guilty in a court of law. Just take him/them out back and put a bullet through their head(s) quick and painful.

I agree. Giving them labels is like a badge of honour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iantjambo
18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Why do we tag these people with labels. Right wing extremist, jihad is etc etc. No they are murderers/mass murderers pure and simple. shouldn't be breathing air. When found guilty in a court of law. Just take him/them out back and put a bullet through their head(s) quick and painful.

 

Completely agree. It just gives them the label that they wanted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sexton Hardcastle

Videos are harrowing. So sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

God damn the video is awful

Yeah really awful stuff. Dear oh dear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zico

Awful. Declared a terrorist attack by the NZ prime minister. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gashauskis9
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

 

To be fair, anyone who carries out an atrocity like this, must have a screw or two loose.

 

Just read the reports on this. Absolutely horrible.

As another poster said above, what a disgusting coward. At least he hasn't taken his own life, so hopefully he'll face the consequences of his actions.

Agree.  Shouldn’t give the ****er a second of coverage, that’s what they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taffin
35 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Why do we tag these people with labels. Right wing extremist, jihad is etc etc. No they are murderers/mass murderers pure and simple. shouldn't be breathing air. When found guilty in a court of law. Just take him/them out back and put a bullet through their head(s) quick and painful.

 

 

Confusing post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke

Man in his 20’s apparently. 

What goes on in their heads to start murdering people?!

Probably be some horrendous revenge attacks for this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Homme

I couldn't bring myself to watch videos like this. Staying away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Masonic
3 minutes ago, Homme said:

I couldn't bring myself to watch videos like this. Staying away.

 

totally agree mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taffin
13 minutes ago, Homme said:

I couldn't bring myself to watch videos like this. Staying away.

 

 

Indeed. Used to me drawn to macabre stuff like this when I was younger, it fascinated me. I often had to be quite clued up on it for my degree in fairness but now I just can't stomach it. 

 

The terror and pain you see in the faces of the victims and the empty eyes of the perpetrators just makes me so sad and depressed. Won't be watching this either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh

If it's not the scumbag Jihadis it is some scumbag right wing extremist - both as bad as each other.  All murdering pieces of shite.  The sooner we rid the world of the cancer that is religion the better we will all be.  Can't even bring myself to watch the news footage on this as it gets me too angry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
16 minutes ago, Masonic said:

 

totally agree mate

 

 

Yup, sadly there will be many 'spectators' there who will keep us all in the loop with their smart phones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

check out this absolute f4nny

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

check out this absolute f4nny

 

 

 

Is that for real?

 

Jesus titty****ing Christ!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

 

Is that for real?

 

Jesus titty****ing Christ!

 

 

Any chance of the jist please GT?

 

I have a complete Twitter block at work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade

That Auzzie senator needs to be charged with hate speech and sent to jail.

 

That is an outrageous statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
Just now, Cade said:

That Auzzie senator needs to be charged with hate speech and sent to jail.

 

That is an outrageous statement.

 

 

What did he say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jack D and coke

48576D13-D5B8-4934-9370-6CD0548039AB.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff Turn
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

check out this absolute f4nny

 

 

That’s pretty much standard in Australia these days. Not in the least bit shocked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That’s pretty much standard in Australia these days. Not in the least bit shocked. 

 

 

Just read it (not on Twitter).  Outrageous comments indeed and highly insensitive, inappropriate and globally provocative but to say he deserves jail for them really is ridiculous.

Edited by i8hibsh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

48576D13-D5B8-4934-9370-6CD0548039AB.jpeg

 

I mean, it’s like Daily Mash stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

Just read it (not on Twitter).  Outrageously comments indeed and highly insensitive, inappropriate and globally provocative but to say he deserves jail for them really is ridiculous.

 

Agreed. Awful statement with awful timing but jailing is a bit mental. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla

He had another tweet where he said something like 'if this was a muslim shooter the usual lone wolf and mental illness excuses would come out'. Think he's just a bit backwards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Agreed. Awful statement with awful timing but jailing is a bit mental. 

 

 

He will lose his job for sure. Someone in a public office (I believe he is) simply should not say that shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i8hibsh
6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

 

I mean, it’s like Daily Mash stuff

 

 

Is it genuine? Appears to be but nowadays I question everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
moogsy

That Australian Senator is a well known white supremacist so while his comments are repulsive, they’re not really that surprising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

 

 

Is it genuine? Appears to be but nowadays I question everything.

 

Yeah, it’s absolutely real. Acting like a total ***** on Twitter as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×