• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upgotheheads

• Pasquale for King

• 1874robbo

• Morgan

Nookie Bear
Just now, joondalupjambo said:

The secret at the moment with all this is to try and pick the games to go and watch?? Well done on one hand to those that attend week on week but we have known for months now what is being served up.  Why inflict self pain when you can avoid at least try and avoid it? ?

At this point, the (potential) Cup Final will be the only game I attend for the rest of this season. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Anyone still actually believe that Levein is the man to take us forward?

Only the deluded. 

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, Maroonjam said:

We are awful. We play up the wings but our crossing is awful. We play a CB in midfield and wonder why we struggle in the middle of the park. 

Actually thought we worked the ball into good areas for our wingers at times but the standard of crossing was absolutely piss poor. 

Don’t think the middle of the pitch was the problem today.

Edited by To Be Frank

People might laugh but we should get Gary Holt as manager look what he has achieved at Livingston with hardly any money to spend.

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Sack Levein and bring back Robbo! Messes up their SF preparations and puts him 2 games away from an even more legendary status than he already has. 

Might be be able to improve our strikers too. 

wouldnt be a bad move at all. Levein will be quick to criticise the players, but I hope AB starts looking at him, would any other team in the SPL want Levein as manager? I don't think so right now, and you can't be sentimental with his record in the game (0 trophies). For me the semi-final should be win or bust

best in the land

Budge get rid of that loser now and at least give us a chance at the cup!

Levein's not got it in him, never has scrap this pathetic manager/coaching system and get us someone that has a club how to win.

Levein's not going to learn it's the same old limp shite with him.

And if she can't deal with it then she needs to go with him.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The coaching and style of play is the product of our five year plan and presumably what we have been working towards.

I particularly enjoy how we can seamlessly bring players in if we have injuries as we play the same formation at every level. 

Just now, best in the land said:

Budge get rid of that loser now and at least give us a chance at the cup!

Levein's not got it in him, never has scrap this pathetic manager/coaching system and get us someone that has a club how to win.

Levein's not going to learn it's the same old limp shite with him.

And if she can't deal with it then she needs to go with him.

Budge will not sack levein.

4 minutes ago, theshed said:

Thats what I was thinking as we are going to struggle to get any points before the split so keeps Motherwell away from us for time being 

And sixth is surely unacceptable. 

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, Crete said:

People might laugh but we should get Gary Holt as manager look what he has achieved at Livingston with hardly any money to spend.

No thanks , but a change is needed now . 

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Anyone still actually believe that Levein is the man to take us forward?

Yes but results and performances like today are inexcusable and need sorted out pronto

ToadKiller Dog

If we had been playing well for weeks, I could put this down to a hangover from a big cup game midweek, but can't as our football has been awful and gone backwards tactically since the first quarter of the season. 

At dens we looked like the team in the relegation place scrapping for a win, today sounds like we didn't even gave that. 

A change is needed at some level. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

The Comedian
6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The coaching and style of play is the product of our five year plan and presumably what we have been working towards.

It's so depressing that we've pished away five year's on Leveins hoofball bootroom vision. Horrendous stuff

Just **** off with the lot of it.

1 minute ago, Crete said:

Livingston's success is down to their ex-con assistant manager David Martindale, Holt is just a figurehead.

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

At this point, the (potential) Cup Final will be the only game I attend for the rest of this season. 

I know where you are coming from.  I have flights booked for the derby and the semi; but something needs to improve to motivate me to shell out hard-earned cash for the post-split games.

Bridge of Djoum
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Who chose these players?

Don't be ridiculous. You think he chose them for their ability NOT to do those things. Whilst Levein should take his share of the blame, it's quite plain to see the players are not playing anywhere near the level they are capable of. To lay the blame for this awful football solely and squarely at the feet of CL is mind-numbingly stupid.

7 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Awful result. Frustrating that we only looked dangerous when we had three strikers on the pitch and were going all out attack. ?

**** off. We create nothing. Slow awful football. There is no chance you go to games 

tolcross lad

The whole football department is stagnating and stale.Levein needs to leave gracefully at the end of the season.The coaching staff need replaced.We need an injection of energy and drive,a different approach to the game and to recruitment.The Hearts job is an attractive one and we should be able to recruit someone to fit the bill as long as Levein and his bootroom ideas are well out of the way.

Auldreidy1874

Pedestrian, clueless, feckless.

Against a side that's desperate, industrious and could actually score.

What excuses now Levein?

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

I particularly enjoy how we can seamlessly bring players in if we have injuries as we play the same formation at every level. 

And the tactical innovation & forward thinking of our elite group of coaches who are always able to get the best out of the energetic, agile & adaptable , self motivated playing staff  at their disposal. 

Are we writing CLs next job application ? ?

Alex Kintner
Just now, Captkronic said:

**** off. We create nothing. Slow awful football. There is no chance you go to games 

We created chances near the end but only when we were going all out kamikaze attack and it shouldn’t have come to that.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

Livingston's success is down to their ex-con assistant manager David Martindale, Holt is just a figurehead.

bring them both then. Holt annoys me with his swagger, but you know what he knows what he's doing 100%. And its nice to have a bit of confidence on the touchline

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Hibs done us a favour. 

Not so sure. I think we could do with some practice in beating bottom six teams. Without doing that with some consistency we will go on ending up pretty much where we are now.

Captain Bubblebeard
11 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Sack Levein and bring back Robbo! Messes up their SF preparations and puts him 2 games away from an even more legendary status than he already has. 

Might be be able to improve our strikers too. 

I could get on board with this.

I’ve been a big defender of CL but, despite the semi final spot, you just cannot ignore the absolutely brutal performances. Killie and Aberdeen both drop points and yet we, playing Hamilton, drop further behind. I really wanted Levein to bow out with a cup win but I genuinely think ICT will beat us at this rate.

We are so far short of the sum of our collective parts it is ridiculous.

Just now, To Be Frank said:

We created chances near the end but only when we were going all out kamikaze attack and it shouldn’t have come to that.

It was utter dire today. Second worst away performance of the season. Only Livy was close. 

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Every week Levein tinkers unnecessarily with the team.

It is no wonder we have no consistency of performance when we have no consistency of selection... And that is Levein's fault.

That is a very good point. But I firmly believe any player who comes into the side should have fight, pride in his performance and an ability to pass the ball 5 ****** yards! The players are letting everyone down just as much as CL. 

The tinkering is ****** baffling TBH. 

Just now, rudi must stay said:

bring them both then. Holt annoys me with his swagger, but you know what he knows what he's doing 100%. And its nice to have a bit of confidence on the touchline

No offence, but it's a truly awful suggestion.

Bridge of Djoum
11 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Awful result. Frustrating that we only looked dangerous when we had three strikers on the pitch and were going all out attack. ?

He's back???

Image result for scared gif

David McCaig
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

That is a very good point. But I firmly believe any player who comes into the side should have fight, pride in his performance and an ability to pass the ball 5 ****** yards! The players are letting everyone down just as much as CL. 

The tinkering is ****** baffling TBH. 

The lack of fight is Levein's fault and it can be argued that lack of fight is a consequence of teams not being picked fairly, logically or on merit.

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Don't be ridiculous. You think he chose them for their ability NOT to do those things. Whilst Levein should take his share of the blame, it's quite plain to see the players are not playing anywhere near the level they are capable of. To lay the blame for this awful football solely and squarely at the feet of CL is mind-numbingly stupid.

If a team is playing no-where near the level they are capable of I think the manager takes the blame. Especially if he has chosen those players.

I am not sure why that is mind-numbingly stupid rather than a statement of the bleeding obvious.

At NO point did we look like scoring today.

Completely unacceptable.

Poor recruitment. So many in that team not good enough.

Poor set up. Changing the team every single game isn’t conducive to consistent performance.

Poor performance. There can be no excuses for a Heart of Midlothian side playing like that.

Im afraid your time is up Levein.

11 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The worst thing today was we didn't seem to care, no fight, no dig and barely even a chance.

Sack everyone of them 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

No offence, but it's a truly awful suggestion.

How? Seems to get results and get teams playing an exciting way

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I know where you are coming from.  I have flights booked for the derby and the semi; but something needs to improve to motivate me to shell out hard-earned cash for the post-split games.

I’ll no doubt man up and eat along to some games, but only out of blind loyalty snd duty? 

Fozzyonthefence

Looking at that league table, and the games still to come, there is a real chance that we will lose more games than we win.

gashauskis9
15 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

We didn’t look dangerous at any point, that’s the problem.  

13 defeats last season. 11 this season. I’m pretty sure that Levein record will be smashed. But hey we have progress under Levein. 

Times up, the Levein blueprint is broken. 

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

If a team is playing no-where near the level they are capable of I think the manager takes the blame. Especially if he has chosen those players.

I am not sure why that is mind-numbingly stupid rather than a statement of the bleeding obvious.

...folks would eventually say , the manager has lost the dressing room - and I think he has. So many changes every week, so little progress every week. It must be soul destroying, every week. 

Still staggering that people want to nitpick over posts when the team & coaching staff are failing spectacularly. 

Still staggering people are defending this totality of crap. 

SpruceBringsteen

People will keep casting up the negative style of play, but remember what happened when we went gung ho in 2014-15 and...no, wait. Ok, remember what happened when Burley had us on all out attack in 2005-06 and...well, the point is it's objectively fantastic to have one shot on target a game, and if you disagree you don't understand football.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Sack everyone of them 

Or sack one of them ie. Levein and see if that is the problem.

Either way Levein is to blame, if it turns out the players just aren't very good that is clearly his fault as well.

gashauskis9
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Looking at that league table, and the games still to come, there is a real chance that we will lose more games than we win.

This.  The only thing that will keep us top 6 is the fact that Motherwell won’t win 3 on the bounce.  Good chance we’ll lose 3 on the bounce.  We’re Cathro-ing through to the end of the season for the 3rd year ****ing running.

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Think the biggest shock is we won last week. We're a ****ing dream for shitey wee clubs desperate for points.

Been this way for decades