There are currently 11 threads about hearts on page 1 of .net

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

Now, given they are praying for our untimely demise, which according to the professors of hobonomics is imminent, one wonders what they would talk about if their pie in the sky fantasy were to come true.

I understand the slight irony in my now starting a thread about hibs, but I think this will be only the second one on our front page (currently).

It's just that this really sums up a club and its fans, whose greatest ever day in football was a snidey dundee win against their better neighbours. Not a victory for them, not a scottish cup win, not a near miss at the business end of the league table or any other tangible achievement, but a dundee fc win and a cheating st midden team laying down to the mob to whom they are a feeder club. Hibs player of the year 1986 - to most of their fans - didn't even play for them.

LOSERS

:107years:

Now, given they are praying for our untimely demise, which according to the professors of hobonomics is imminent, one wonders what they would talk about if their pie in the sky fantasy were to come true.

I understand the slight irony in my now starting a thread about hibs, but I think this will be only the second one on our front page (currently).

It's just that this really sums up a club and its fans, whose greatest ever day in football was a snidey dundee win against their better neighbours. Not a victory for them, not a scottish cup win, not a near miss at the business end of the league table or any other tangible achievement, but a dundee fc win and a cheating st midden team laying down to the mob to whom they are a feeder club. Hibs player of the year 1986 - to most of their fans - didn't even play for them.

LOSERS

:107years:

Aye - 'little man' or 'small team' mentality defined.

Can I suggest that kickback also be aware of a second school of economics I have seen rising in popularity lately. I think it's called OFconomics or something.

Seemingly they teach other football clubs and fans that you can buy a player for nothing (or at the very most a minimal amount), give them a couple of years in your reserve team and suddenly they are worth millions when you move them on (or try to use them instead of cash during transfer deals).

Derek Riordan. Bought for ?100k, handful of first team games, 2 years in the reserves - yours for ?1m.

Alan Gow. Free transfer, two diddy cup games, 1 year in the reserves - your in part exchange ?750k.

Sebo - sold for ?1m.

Maloney - 5 months left on contract, yours for ?1m.

How these two teams ever get into debt is beyond me.

Guest gorgie kev
Can I suggest that kickback also be aware of a second school of economics I have seen rising in popularity lately. I think it's called OFconomics or something.

Seemingly they teach other football clubs and fans that you can buy a player for nothing (or at the very most a minimal amount), give them a couple of years in your reserve team and suddenly they are worth millions when you move them on (or try to use them instead of cash during transfer deals).

Derek Riordan. Bought for ?100k, handful of first team games, 2 years in the reserves - yours for ?1m.

Alan Gow. Free transfer, two diddy cup games, 1 year in the reserves - your in part exchange ?750k.

Sebo - sold for ?1m.

Maloney - 5 months left on contract, yours for ?1m.

How these two teams ever get into debt is beyond me.

Well if you believe the crazy russian,after they have bought off the refs linesman and all the other SFA officials now wonder they are in debt.

I've really just stopped paying any attention to Hibs fans. When really given a challenging debate they tend to just repeat themselves until blue in the face.

The majority of hibs.net are pathetic. Don't worry about them mate, just feel pity.

Maroon Mayhem

The fact that 20% of their front page is taken up with matters pertaining to us tells a story in itself.

The reason they want us out of the way is they know that in the longer term we'll enjoy more success. Success to them means being above your neighbours in the league because they don't have anything else worth aiming for apart from a fortunate path to the latter stages of a cup competition. Missing derbys by us going out of business and therefore not making this happen is a small price to pay.

If watching the product of a healthy balance sheet is their idea of a Saturday afternoon out then they're welcome to it but I assure you, the crowing about the books is just a front!

Archived