Zidane back as Real Madrid Manager

milky_26

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Seems remarkable the Zidane quit because Madrid were about to implode and has come back now that his suspicion proved correct.

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Seems remarkable the Zidane quit because Madrid were about to implode and has come back now that his suspicion proved correct.

They'll be forced to spend in the summer.

He's dodged the bullet and came back at their lowest point. As a result he will be afforded time and money to turn it around.

8 minutes ago, Bauld said:

They'll be forced to spend in the summer.

He's dodged the bullet and came back at their lowest point. As a result he will be afforded time and money to turn it around.

Easier to make changes. Good point. 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It now looks like a very clever plan, although it probably wasnt his actual plan....maybe.

Bale oot for certain this summer.

Madrid faves to win CL 2020.

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Paul Allen said:

Don’t care.

Yet you come and and take the time to comment...

:rofl:

The antics of a 5 year old.

‘I’m out of here for a few months, mon amis’.

’We’re about to have a shite season’.

’Ask me back when you need help, you’ll need to dump Welshy, triple my salary, let me sign who I want and I’ll do my best”

Zizou 

Tynecastle Valhalla

He’s played a blinder 

They should sign mbappe, hazard, de gea at the very least and need some fresh legs in central midfield 

Erickson could work 

maybe they should try and sign kane 

need to spend huge 

10 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Yet you come and and take the time to comment...

:rofl:

The antics of a 5 year old.

Yep.  I think it is very weird when people do that. 

On a slightly different note, I see Ranieiri is also back at Roma. 

Edited by Paolo

Surprised at this, had a feeling he was lined up for the Man U job. Guess Solskjaer must have done enough to impress the board.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, wallace_mercer said:

He’s played a blinder 

They should sign mbappe, hazard, de gea at the very least and need some fresh legs in central midfield 

Erickson could work 

maybe they should try and sign kane 

need to spend huge 

The scene is different now to when Real had the Galacticos. They'll struggle to compete with the oil-&-beheading-funded PSG and Man City, even with the backing of the Spanish government. I doubt Mbappe (or Neymar) will be going anywhere soon, unless it's to City.

Who's going to offer Bale a salary that competes with what he'd get sitting on his arse in Madrid? They might manage to loan him out to share his salary but I'd be surprised if he freed up a lot of cash for them.

'They' reckon that Hazard's all but a done deal; Eriksson might be a swap for Bale (Levy has spoken about bringing Bale home) but, again, would Spurs be prepared to pay upwards of £200,000 a week? It might be a decent investment if Kane were to remain.

But Zidane has bought himself time so let's see whether he's any good at building a team.

2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Makes no sense why he left if he’s now back 9 months or so later 

He left because him and the president Perez did not agree on what players were needed. Zidane didn't want Courtois as he felt Navas was good enough. Turns out Zidane knows more about football than a business man. Who'd have thought.

letsalldothebeattie
2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

He left because him and the president Perez did not agree on what players were needed. Zidane didn't want Courtois as he felt Navas was good enough. Turns out Zidane knows more about football than a business man. Who'd have thought.

Cheers. I didn’t know the full ins and outs as to why he left and I know crazy thought eh an ex footballer knows more about the game than the president. Can’t believe Perez thought he’d know more than Zidane what an idiot

6 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Cheers. I didn’t know the full ins and outs as to why he left and I know crazy thought eh an ex footballer knows more about the game than the president. Can’t believe Perez thought he’d know more than Zidane what an idiot

Yeah perez is an idiot, same thing happened back in 2003 when he sacked del bosque. Madrid had won pretty much everything that season and the one before. But he didn't like the playing style so sacked him. Madrid didn't win an other trophy for 5 years.

rudi must stay

Hearing he's back because he's been told he's not got the Man Utd job. To be fair to him he's slipping in at a good time, looks like it will be a busy summer for Real and he can make signings and rebuild a team. He's a football man so you can understand why he's back in the game

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, Paolo said:

Yep.  I think it is very weird when people do that. 

On a slightly different note, I see Ranieiri is also back at Roma. 

He’ll steady them. Good manager and nice guy. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I would be surprised if his son,  Luca Zidane being in the first team wasn't a factor.

Heard Enzo is doing very averagely. There could be a tough call for him to be made there

WheatfieldWarrior
32 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Heard Enzo is doing very averagely. There could be a tough call for him to be made there

I guess if he has to find any of his sons a club at a lower then he'll do that  - there may be coaching options if they don't make it as players - would be astonished if all made it to his level.