Partick Thistle Dot Count

mainstandjambo

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If you’ll remember what finished Cathro was the abuse aimed at Ann Budge and Craig Levein 

when they were sitting in the Wheatfield during the Dunfermline game in the League Cup, in 

fact, they must of thought it was that bad they left their seats before the penalties. Do we 

really want to see the same thing happen again in the new main stand, I hope not. A decision 

must be made on the future of the management of our team before we get 

to what happened with  Cathro for everyone’s sake. 

Ann must understand me must do better because we should be doing better.

keep changing managers won't make a difference we have imo a good squad of players who were sitting top of the league in October injuries were the major issue with us dropping points at one stage we the fans were on about possibly winning the league. The football is not great at present but the way some are bleating on here you'd think we were the worst team in the world. We still have a chance of European football and a possible cup final. If we won every game in the league 1-0 over a season and became champions i for one would'nt give a toss. IF hoofball wins games i'm all for it. Ask Wimbledon fans in the crazy gang era they loved it.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• The Treasurer

• soonbe110

• davemclaren

28 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The ones i know who aren't going (me included) is due to the attitude from the management to play for a draw after the equaliser in first match. If we get through tonight, I'm lucky enough to get free tickets at Hampden, so I won't feel ripped-off having to watch Berra launch long balls for 90 mins (or possibly longer).

The Players and management took the piss out of Hearts supporters at Firhill.

I know just how you feel, my son and I left Firhill last week saying that we wouldn't be wasting any more time and money going to the replay but what do you know, we're going to the replay, and as the days have passed I'm now looking forward to it in the hope that we put thistle to the sword. I guess I'm beyond help.

The Treasurer
29 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Many Hearts minded people won’t go to games because of the dire way Levein has out 

team playing. Tynecastle is like a morgue at times and it’s only when the old 

firm or Hibs come along does our fans become alive. There is no doubt Levein and 

his Bootroom are driving many fans away. Loyalty only works when one party 

(The Fans) are not being short changed. This league we’re in isn’t exactly the hardest 

yet we toil week in week out against poor teams. Our fans deserve better and if Ann 

Budge didn’t have such misguided belief in Levein and his Bootroom we could have 

a far better experience following our team. 

The way you go on you'd think that before Levein came along we were playing Barca-esque football in front of a Dortmund-like crowd.

John Findlay

I'm a Hearts supporter. I will be at Tynecastle tonight as my team are playing a Scottish Cup quarter final replay. Simple as that.

Remember Ray this is a league that only has 4 good teams in it with the rest just happy to either stay 

in the league or scrape into the top 6. All teams get injuries, all teams play to their strengths but we 

are so disorganised our players play well below their potential. I’m sure many fans who have played 

or watched football over many years will know the dire, unimaginable way we play is down to players 

not playing  in a well coached or structured team. 

Honestly think the problem is our younger fans have only known the romanov era which for all its weirdness have plenty of amazing moments and some of the older fans just love to moan. the team was flying at the begining of the season and no one said a word about levein or budge. 

do people not realise for all the good we done in raising funds to keep hearts going it was budge who saved the day with HER own cash. without her actually stumping up the cash we would have no one to support. all this bleating that the football is rubbish and the management team are rubbish etc just shut up, hearts have had much worse periods than this. 

if you told me we would finish 5th (still could be higher) with a semi final and possibly another or even a final to get too i would have bit the hand off you. the problem is people feel entitled to moan about anything these days and dear me us hearts fans are some of the worst. 

I am buzzing tonight like i am for every game i manage to make it along too, lets forget the moaning and back the team! 

god help us if we do get to the final and lose to celtic or something, peoples heads might burst.

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The way you go on you'd think that before Levein came along we were playing Barca-esque football in front of a Dortmund-like crowd.

I have to disagree with your view on what I have said so far.

Fxxx the SPFL
15 minutes ago, gov said:

Honestly think the problem is our younger fans have only known the romanov era which for all its weirdness have plenty of amazing moments and some of the older fans just love to moan. the team was flying at the begining of the season and no one said a word about levein or budge. 

do people not realise for all the good we done in raising funds to keep hearts going it was budge who saved the day with HER own cash. without her actually stumping up the cash we would have no one to support. all this bleating that the football is rubbish and the management team are rubbish etc just shut up, hearts have had much worse periods than this. 

if you told me we would finish 5th (still could be higher) with a semi final and possibly another or even a final to get too i would have bit the hand off you. the problem is people feel entitled to moan about anything these days and dear me us hearts fans are some of the worst. 

I am buzzing tonight like i am for every game i manage to make it along too, lets forget the moaning and back the team! 

god help us if we do get to the final and lose to celtic or something, peoples heads might burst.

:spoton:from an auld git

Edited by Ray has bus pass hooray

32 minutes ago, gov said:

Gets it.

Fantastic post :thumbsup:

iwasthere1954
42 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I know just how you feel, my son and I left Firhill last week saying that we wouldn't be wasting any more time and money going to the replay but what do you know, we're going to the replay, and as the days have passed I'm now looking forward to it in the hope that we put thistle to the sword. I guess I'm beyond help.

Must be an age thing as I am exactly the same

1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

The ones i know who aren't going (me included) is due to the attitude from the management to play for a draw after the equaliser in first match. If we get through tonight, I'm lucky enough to get free tickets at Hampden, so I won't feel ripped-off having to watch Berra launch long balls for 90 mins (or possibly longer).

The Players and management took the piss out of Hearts supporters at Firhill.

we get it you're getting free hampden tickets.

The Treasurer
26 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

:spoton:from an auld git

As a fan who remembers watching Hearts in the 70's, I agree.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Many Hearts minded people won’t go to games because of the dire way Levein has out 

team playing. Tynecastle is like a morgue at times and it’s only when the old 

firm or Hibs come along does our fans become alive. There is no doubt Levein and 

his Bootroom are driving many fans away. Loyalty only works when one party 

(The Fans) are not being short changed. This league we’re in isn’t exactly the hardest 

yet we toil week in week out against poor teams. Our fans deserve better and if Ann 

Budge didn’t have such misguided belief in Levein and his Bootroom we could have 

a far better experience following our team. 

To be honest there’s no doubt you, and your fellow Leveins haters, are driving people away from this forum. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

To be honest there’s no doubt you, and your fellow Leveins haters, are driving people away from this forum. 

They regurgitate the same mince on thread after thread, tiresome.

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I'm not so sure about that.

I actually find his repetitive ramblings quite funny in the same way people used to laugh at the village idiot

I'm looking forward to the game tonight, love Tynecastle under the lights.  It's a must win game against very poor opposition... what could possibly go wrong?

Need to put tonight’s attendance in perspective. 

Saturday 10 March 2012 Scottish Cup Quarter-final at Tynie v St.Mirren. Paolo Sergio’s free-flowing, high- scoring team attracted a crowd of 8,859

Tuesday 12 March 2019 Scottish Cup Quarter-final at Tyne v Thistle. Craig Levein’s, according to some, abysmal, boring defensive, hoof ball, team will attract a crowd of ?????????

Pretty confident that the 2012 attendance will be well beaten. A few on here will no doubt be disappointed. 

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I actually find his repetitive ramblings quite funny in the same way people used to laugh at the village idiot

Suspect he is on ‘ignore’ with a lot of folk. Getting close myself, the humour has become predictable and boring 

46 minutes ago, gov said:

Sensible stuff.

Moaning can be habit forming and I think we are reaching the stage where people are actively enjoying complaining.

What would they be like if we were battling relegation ?

In years gone by when we have hit bad patches we might have protested and blamed the manager but at least we would have got behind the players on the pitch.

Today's fans are drama queens every setback becomes a major disaster to them.

Fxxx the SPFL
10 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

do people still laugh at you Kenny

3 minutes ago, gov said:

The fear of the bad times in the 70’s and the mismanagement of our club by the Pieman and Romanov

should drive everyone to where Hearts belong and that being at the top of Scottish Football. Ambition 

might be a dirty word to some fans but it is ambition that drives me and many like minded fans who 

want Hearts to be the best in the land. Criticism on this forum is not necessary moaning.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I'm a Hearts supporter. I will be at Tynecastle tonight as my team are playing a Scottish Cup quarter final replay. Simple as that.

Good lad.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The fear of the bad times in the 70’s and the mismanagement of our club by the Pieman and Romanov

should drive everyone to where Hearts belong and that being at the top of Scottish Football. Ambition 

might be a dirty word to some fans but it is ambition that drives me and many like minded fans who 

want Hearts to be the best in the land. Criticism on this forum is not necessary moaning.

You do us all a great service in driving the club forward. ??

The Treasurer
10 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

do people still laugh at you Kenny

Fecking Kenny ???????????????  :rifle:

For future reference.

I support Hearts and go to Hearts games.

Kenny is a glory hunting fan-boi who goes to Citeh games.

23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Where do you get the idea I hate Craig Levein. Why would people be driven away from a forum where fans 

get to discuss football matters. Nobody is being threatened on the contrary this forum is very well controlled

by it’s moderators and there is no good reason to leave JKB at this moment in time. This forum is all about 

our fans having a chance to post their opinions which is a good thing and i’d Imagine you might just agree 

with that. It’s not a matter of hating anybody it’s just an opinion about what is best for our team.

The Treasurer
9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I think everyone who will be at Tynecastle tonight to support Hearts all want Hearts to be the best in the land.

Those people think getting behind the team is the best way to achieve that, you and those like you seem to think moaning and not going to support their team will produce better results.

That of course is your right to decide how to "get right behind the team"

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Me too. We've been in six (?) SC finals in the last 50 years. We've got the chance of another one. Anyone who wants that to happen (and is free to go, obviously) should get along there tonight.

16 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Me too. We've been in six (?) SC finals in the last 50 years. We've got the chance of another one. Anyone who wants that to happen (and is free to go, obviously) should get along there tonight.

Seven in 51 years.

Sorry, had to get a 5-1 in there somehow !

36 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Where do you get the idea I hate Craig Levein. Why would people be driven away from a forum where fans 

get to discuss football matters. Nobody is being threatened on the contrary this forum is very well controlled

by it’s moderators and there is no good reason to leave JKB at this moment in time. This forum is all about 

our fans having a chance to post their opinions which is a good thing and i’d Imagine you might just agree 

with that. It’s not a matter of hating anybody it’s just an opinion about what is best for our team.

Yes, but we all know your opinion. You stress it, and repeat it, on virtually every thread. We know your thoughts. Need some new thoughts and ideas re how, and whom , to fix it. 

Pasquale for King
21 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

must have been in at the same time as you and heard the same. About the same as a female steward tried to move the queue outside into the cold which was plainly daft and we arranged it ourselves inside ?

Looking back now considering our weather the ticket office might’ve been better a bit further into the shop, would have you looking at the merchandise too while we wait.

12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I think everyone who will be at Tynecastle tonight to support Hearts all want Hearts to be the best in the land.

Those people think getting behind the team is the best way to achieve that, you and those like you seem to think moaning and not going to support their team will produce better results.

That of course is your right to decide how to "get right behind the team"

At games I give the lads on the pitch my total backing like the vast majority of fans.

Because fans on this forum have criticism for the way Levein has the team playing

which is at best dire and at worst a shambles don’t have the idea it’s just fans 

moaning. Most of it is constructive about how the team and management of the 

team can improve. Do you want this forum to only be about posting that everything 

is rosey in our garden and we’re in the best place in the world thanks to the happy 

pills we are taking. Our club and it’s fans have come a long way in the past since our

administration in 2013 but we can’t rest on our laurels, the club is being run by the fans 

for the fans which is a tribute to everyone connected to the famous Heart of Midlothian 

but we can’t ever accept a team that underperforms because they lads on the pitch will

always be the most important thing to the people who matter most Hearts Fans.

Pocketjambo

Seen the Patrick team this morning going through tranent must of been heading to hibs training ground for some pre match training   

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

At games I give the lads on the pitch my total backing like the vast majority of fans.

Because fans on this forum have criticism for the way Levein has the team playing

which is at best dire and at worst a shambles don’t have the idea it’s just fans 

moaning. Most of it is constructive about how the team and management of the 

team can improve. Do you want this forum to only be about posting that everything 

is rosey in our garden and we’re in the best place in the world thanks to the happy 

pills we are taking. Our club and it’s fans have come a long way in the past since our

administration in 2013 but we can’t rest on our laurels, the club is being run by the fans 

for the fans which is a tribute to everyone connected to the famous Heart of Midlothian 

but we can’t ever accept a team that underperforms because they lads on the pitch will

always be the most important thing to the people who matter most Hearts Fans.

Well said.

2 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

and your coming all the way from Galashiels

Aye,about 20 of us the night Ray.

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, but we all know your opinion. You stress it, and repeat it, on virtually every thread. We know your thoughts. Need some new thoughts and ideas re how, and whom , to fix it. 

To fix it we employ a management of our team and this is the best way to repair the damage that has 

seen our team underperform and be beaten and even hammered by teams that should never get 

anywhere near to beating us. 

The Treasurer
6 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

To fix it we employ a management of our team and this is the best way to repair the damage that has 

seen our team underperform and be beaten and even hammered by teams that should never get 

Who do you have in mind ?

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Boohoo. If you don't want to watch them then don't. Nobody gives a shit. Just please stop telling us about it.

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

anywhere near to beating us

How long have you followed Hearts or just football in general? Freak results are part and parcel of football. Here's one that sticks in my memory from when I was young.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199603231.html

Interesting both in terms of the scoreline but also the crowd.

A more dramatic example from the English Premier League:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46576166

One from last week:

https://www.skysports.com/football/r-madrid-vs-ajax/403931

19 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Won’t answer that, never has when asked in the past. Expect something along the lines of “not my decision to make” 

Sadly too many just criticise without giving us their opinion on what they think the solution is. Not sure what ‘a management of our team is’ 

8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Advertise and make a decision on who applies or bite the biscuit and approach a manager who is under contract and pay compensation. Now who knows except our board who we could afford. Who of believed Killie could get Clarke or Celtic for 

that matter afford Rodgers. McInness turned down a fortune to take the Sunderland job. Even Hibs being able to employ 

Lennon. Sometimes it’s not all about money and just imagine how many men applied for the Hearts job after Cathro and 

weren’t prepared to take it any further when the conditions were that the assistant manager other coaching staff must stay

in their positions with the manager working under Craig Levein. 

21 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Boohoo. If you don't want to watch them then don't. Nobody gives a shit. Just please stop telling us about it.

My hundreds of followers on this forum do care about my comments, I’m a legend in my own mind haven’t 

you heard ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Just what does lacking in direction mean ?........typical fans nonsense when they want to complain but cannot articulate the point

No cohesive plan at the managers own admission when Naismith went out of the team. 

Now he is lacking any other plan than feed Ikpeazu and again by his own admission it's become about winning 2nd balls to win matches. 

We don't all require to be passive to be a fan.

You could argue being passive is typical fans nonsense with no understanding of the game. 

20 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How long have you followed Hearts or just football in general? Freak results are part and parcel of football. Here's one that sticks in my memory from when I was young.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199603231.html

Interesting both in terms of the scoreline but also the crowd.

A more dramatic example from the English Premier League:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46576166

One from last week:

https://www.skysports.com/football/r-madrid-vs-ajax/403931

1958 Hearts 5 Aberdeen 1

Yes I was alive when we won 2 league titles. A Fountainbridge boy before moving to Clery.

100% JAMBO.

All I got in my early years we’re Willie Bauld and Dave Mackay. I hate losing like these guys.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Looking back now considering our weather the ticket office might’ve been better a bit further into the shop, would have you looking at the merchandise too while we wait.

Too much chorying would go on:laugh:

Inch Hearts

It's time to leave work and head for Gorgie on Scottish Cup night with a trip to Hampden the reward should we progress.

If you don't/won't/can't get yourself up for this type of occasion then perhaps football isn't for you. 

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

1958 Hearts 5 Aberdeen 1

Yes I was alive when we won 2 league titles. A Fountainbridge boy before moving to Clery.

100% JAMBO.

All I got in my early years we’re Willie Bauld and Dave Mackay. I hate losing like these guys.

Perhaps that explains the high standard that you expect of the current squad.

I have been following hearts since early 60's and will be there as usual tonight hoping some football breaks out.

19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Advertise and make a decision on who applies or bite the biscuit and approach a manager who is under contract and pay compensation. Now who knows except our board who we could afford. Who of believed Killie could get Clarke or Celtic for 

that matter afford Rodgers. McInness turned down a fortune to take the Sunderland job. Even Hibs being able to employ 

Lennon. Sometimes it’s not all about money and just imagine how many men applied for the Hearts job after Cathro and 

weren’t prepared to take it any further when the conditions were that the assistant manager other coaching staff must stay

in their positions with the manager working under Craig Levein. 

Bite the biscuit:rofl: