Were Hibs the first Sevco?

Beast Boy

We’re Hibernians the first top-flight Scottish club to fold and slither back pretending to be the same club?

Ibe read a few different views on this. Wanted to see what the clues up old librarian types thought.

Cheers Kickback. Be gentle with me... ?

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Mods, can you correct my autocorrection in the OP. Thanks. ?

Schoolboy error on this forum mate!!?

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

Schoolboy error on this forum mate!!?

Face like fizz with the Dunce Cap on. ?

2 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Face like fizz with the Dunce Cap on. ?

Are you whereing the cap on your head?

I should of thought so.  ?

Who is this Ibe? We should be told.

30 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

We’re Hibernians the first top-flight Scottish club to fold and slither back pretending to be the same club?

Ibe read a few different views on this. Wanted to see what the clues up old librarian types thought.

Who is this Ibe? We should be told!

londonjambo

Yes, Hibs went out of business in 1891 and resumed as a new club in 1892. 

As their Wiki pages openly admits ... "Despite this interruption, the club today views the period since 1875 as one continued history and therefore counts the honours won between 1875 and 1891, including the 1887 Scottish Cup"

GC

3 minutes ago, londonjambo said:

Yes, Hibs went out of business in 1891 and resumed as a new club in 1892. 

As their Wiki pages openly admits ... "Despite this interruption, the club today views the period since 1875 as one continued history and therefore counts the honours won between 1875 and 1891, including the 1887 Scottish Cup"

GC

Just now, londonjambo said:

Although the claim to be the first might lie a little closer to home: see p.27-28 of Mackie's "The Hearts"

GC

That did occur to me GC. I remember there was a ‘blip’ on our own map. Still, I digress... let’s get back to the autocorrect hilarity! ?

1875 - Hibernians are founded

1887 - They win the Scottish Cup

1890 - They play their last game after Celtic pinch half their players.

1892 - A new club called Hibernian is formed

1893 - Admitted to 2nd Division

1894 - Win it but aren't allowed promotion:laugh:

1895 - Win it again and we vote to allow the into the first division

1896 - We gub them 3-1 in the Scottish Cup Final to commence the natural order

In summary, Hibernian were formed in 1892 and have pretty much been our bitches ever since...

2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Can’t wait for the Patrick march tomorrow tbh ?

The one from Fir Park?

:) 

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

Can’t wait for the Patrick march tomorrow tbh ?

Me ether. 

4 hours ago, londonjambo said:

Although the claim to be the first might lie a little closer to home: see p.27-28 of Mackie's "The Hearts"

GC

Care to elaborate on this as I honestly didn’t know of anything like that happening to us 

scott herbertson
18 minutes ago, campbell said:

Care to elaborate on this as I honestly didn’t know of anything like that happening to us 

To save Gary's typing fingers

mackie.jpg

Mackie2.jpg

Edited by scott herbertson

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

To save Gary's typing fingers

mackie.jpg

Mackie2.jpg

Thank you very much, I would say this is different from what hibs done as we don’t claim to be formed in 1873 and don’t claim to have silverware from a club that folded unlike Hibs and Rangers 

Possibly the 2nd photograph of the errrr Heart of Mid-Lothian Football Club/Mid-Lothian Foot Ball Club.

Red, White and Blue.

FB_IMG_1539801986046.jpg

portobellojambo1
7 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

They did fold and were also the first club to be barred from a competition, to do with refusing to play anyone who wasn't a Roman Catholic of Irish descent I believe (think there was quite a substantial Irish community in Edinburgh at that time).

Mr Elwood P
8 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

It depends how you look at it. A company is merely a judicial person, a fiction in fact, that UK company law allows to act in a certain manner. The company owning Rangers assets was liquidated. A new company was set up and this company bought the assets. It isn't really that different to a change of ownership. It raises a more philosophical question of what makes a football club. Often people say 'the fans are the club', in that instance the owner of the assets of the club matters little if they are safeguarded for future generations. I'm not sure many on here appreciate how close we came to being liquidated ourselves. To go into administration and survive is the company equivalent of having a terminal illness and then making a miraculous recovery. Anyway, FTH!

scott herbertson
3 hours ago, campbell said:

Thank you very much, I would say this is different from what hibs done as we don’t claim to be formed in 1873 and don’t claim to have silverware from a club that folded unlike Hibs and Rangers 

I agree

But I’m not a lawyer

2 hours ago, dannymack said:

The very first photograph of the Heart of Mid-Lothian Football Club in 1875, white shirts red heart.

FB_IMG_1539801996185.jpg

Superb photo. My first two thoughts are how old they look for young men and that Callum Paterson would fit right in with his D'Artagnon facial hair! As for the poses!!! I dare not comment in fear of upsetting the 'politically correct'. ?

3fingersreid
33 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Superb photo. My first two thoughts are how old they look for young men and that Callum Paterson would fit right in with his D'Artagnon facial hair! As for the poses!!! I dare not comment in fear of upsetting the 'politically correct'. ?

What are you implying about my great grandad and his teammates pose  ? ?

8 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

What are you implying about my great grandad and his teammates pose  ? ?

Nothin' ... honestly! 

76c63f28baf69aa96d2f0458d4aba118.jpg

I can see they had no ground and didn't play in 1891-92 before moving to Easter Road. Quite a grey area but it wasn't a professional league in Scotland until 1893 so clubs were not footballing companies until then. Rangers Football Club was an 1899 incorporated club and company that died in 2012. No doubting that one. Companies House shows they are Sevco Scotland renamed The Rangers Football Club PLC. 14th June 2012. Rangers  Football Club no longer exits.

Seymour M Hersh

Well it would be in keeping with their fanatical obsession to have "firsts" associated with their disgusting club. 

So Hibernian Football Club, est: 1892 then. The original sectarian football club

The original zombies

:pleasing:

11 hours ago, dannymack said:

The very first photograph of the Heart of Mid-Lothian Football Club in 1875, white shirts red heart.

FB_IMG_1539801996185.jpg

I'm glad we ditched the shirts that featured a large penis pointing down the chest.

13 hours ago, dannymack said:

FB_IMG_1539801996185.jpg

You'd think a professional photographer would have noticed the unfortunately placed football. 

Lovely photo, though. I doubt any of those fine lads even considered that, 140+ years later, their club would still be playing and be so loved by the people of Edinburgh. 

iwasthere1954
5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I'm glad we ditched the shirts that featured a large penis pointing down the chest.

Didn't notice that at first. Now I can't stop laughing. Brilliant 

Libertarian
16 hours ago, dannymack said:

Possibly the 2nd photograph of the errrr Heart of Mid-Lothian Football Club/Mid-Lothian Foot Ball Club.

Red, White and Blue.

FB_IMG_1539801986046.jpg

When does this photograph date from? I may be wrong but did St Andrews not play in red white and blue?

5 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

When does this photograph date from? I may be wrong but did St Andrews not play in red white and blue?

Season 1876/77 according to some accounts. 

Love the story in ' The Hearts ' by Albert Mackie from one of our former players John Cochrane on how we came about the famous maroon/marone,

The navy blue of St.Andrew FC and the red, white and blue of MFBC. 

3 hours ago, martoon said:

You'd think a professional photographer would have noticed the unfortunately placed football. 

Lovely photo, though. I doubt any of those fine lads even considered that, 140+ years later, their club would still be playing and be so loved by the people of Edinburgh

Couldn't have put that any better.

That's why we should remember these gentlemen with respect, pride and great fondness, The Heart of Mid-Lothian Football Club.

SuperstarSteve

Celtic left hibs to rot. We gave them players and stitched badges on their shirts as well as setting up friendly games. They died. Purely by being too nice and too trusting. Any real hibs man despises Celtic and the current brotherly love between both clubs makes them sick. 

32 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Couldn't have put that any better.

That's why we should remember these gentlemen with respect, pride and great fondness, The Heart of Mid-Lothian Football Club.

:flag1:

13 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Celtic left hibs to rot. We gave them players and stitched badges on their shirts as well as setting up friendly games. They died. Purely by being too nice and too trusting. Any real hibs man despises Celtic and the current brotherly love between both clubs makes them sick. 

Felt a bit queasy myself at times. 

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

I think the Foundation shirt was a subtle tribute...

SuperstarSteve
36 minutes ago, martoon said:

Felt a bit queasy myself at times. 

We have a similar brotherly love with the huns, queasy would be an understatement. 

1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

We have a similar brotherly love with the huns, queasy would be an understatement. 

That only exists for a handful of fans. Our clubs are not cosy.

3fingersreid
18 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

So Hibernian Football Club, est: 1892 then. The original sectarian football club

The original zombies

91F3616D-DD93-46A4-A24C-1DB0306DCD2D.jpeg

Edited by 3fingersreid

3fingersreid
18 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

The original zombies

99429903-07D0-42F2-AA26-D924C3ED2D61.jpeg