Tonights Europa League

Morgan

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sorry if been covered.

Has there been all English teams in both major European Cup Finals, in the same year before?

No. First time.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Elwood P

Sorry if been covered.

Has there been all English teams in both major European Cup Finals, in the same year before?

First time any nation has provided all four finalists. The media are frothing themselves into a frenzy as I type ...

Sorry if been covered.

Think it’s been mentioned 1,394 times zzzzz

gashauskis9

Two London teams contesting a European final in the Far East.  That’s modern football folks.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Two London teams contesting a European final in the Far East.  That’s modern football folks.

Final been moved like?

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Baku or something, I thought that was a star wars planet? 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Boab said:

Baku.

Hasn’t been moved.

So still not in the Far East end? That's a relief.

Great advert for English Football meanwhile north of the border............we have the SFA and the SPFL. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Great advert for English Football meanwhile north of the border............we have the SFA and the SPFL. 

Aye sky's £500000000b has nothing to do with it. 

If the SFA where better, we'd be brilliant. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The English Premier League have increased their TV revenue at an unbelievable rate by marketing the league in the correct manner. In Scotland we have everyone talking the game down and the Old Firm ready to press the emergency escape button at the very first hint of the EPL's knickers. Getting in a chairman and supporting staff with some business acumen would be a start!

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

The English Premier League have increased their TV revenue at an unbelievable rate by marketing the league in the correct manner. In Scotland we have everyone talking the game down and the Old Firm ready to press the emergency escape button at the very first hint of the EPL's knickers. Getting in a chairman and supporting staff with some business acumen would be a start!

Yip, it would. 

8 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Almost every week we decry the SFA not to mention the SPFL. Until there is a route and branch change in the west we will continue to be a poor footballing country. 

gashauskis9
13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

So still not in the Far East end? That's a relief.

Damn auto correct.  I had typed in Middle East!

3 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Damn auto correct.  I had typed in Middle East!

Not the Middle East either (Caucasus...), but point taken.

Anyway, this could end up being the last time we see two English teams in a European final for a while. They could all end up banned again by the time the Euro Supercup is played in August...in Istanbul, that favourite for English travelling fans. 

These 4 teams are not very English. All foreign owned, managed, and you'd be struggling to put one English team together out the four of them. It certainly wouldn't be the best players. 

steven_mck

Feel a bit sorry for Man City. They've been left out the party. Oh, well. There's always the small matter of winning something on Sunday.

Edited by steven_mck

11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

These 4 teams are not very English. All foreign owned, managed, and you'd be struggling to put one English team together out the four of them. It certainly wouldn't be the best players. 

Reaping the rewards of the hundreds of millions of pounds thrown at them by Sky and BT.

15 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Barkley, Maitland-Niles and Loftus-cheek are the only three Englishman that featured tonight.

indianajones
47 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

0 English managers. 

Off the top of my head at the most 10 English players involved in all 4 games. 

Great for the EPL brand. Not necessarily a great thing for English football. 

I get what you mean though. The gulf is insane. 

1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

Barkley, Maitland-Niles and Loftus-cheek are the only three Englishman that featured tonight.

You'd struggle to put an English team together out the four of them as I said. No English goalie or centre backs for one.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, RudiHMFC said:

https://us.soccerway.com/matches/2019/04/06/scotland/premier-league/heart-of-midlothian-fc/hibernian-football-club/2796468/

Derby defeat at Tynecastle we started with only two Scottish players. Not sure why folk are getting so excited about the lack of English representation within the starting elevens? Liverpool and Spurs both had stand out performances by English players and Maitland-Niles wasn't too bad tonight either. The English Premier League has global appeal and that is reflected in the cosmopolitan composition of each squad. How amazing must it be for a young Egyptian kid to see Mohamed Salah play for Liverpool, or a young kid from Gabon to watch in wonder at what Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang did tonight. I was excited enough seeing Andy Robertson getting in about Messi!

The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

There’s nothing in football that angers me more than daft wee tippy tappy run ups for penalties in a shoot out. 

Show a bit of ****ing professionalism, you *****. 

This.

Our penalties in the Final against Gretna were an example on how to take penalties.

The Internet

Has it been mentioned that Chelsea and Arsenal are getting SIX THOUSAND tickets each allocated for the final? :rofl:

Stadium capacity is 70k.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Has it been mentioned that Chelsea and Arsenal are getting SIX THOUSAND tickets each allocated for the final? :rofl:

Stadium capacity is 70k.

Looking at the various travel arrangements good luck to the fans who get tickets.

The BBC website gives details.

Play it at Wembley ffs.

It will cost a fotune to get there now going that far with teh travel companies bumping everything up. Ridiculous that they can get away with that. 

6k is ridiculous though. Will spoil the atmosphere of what should be a spcial occassion. 

2 hours ago, Bainy said:

It will cost a fotune to get there now going that far with teh travel companies bumping everything up. Ridiculous that they can get away with that. 

6k is ridiculous though. Will spoil the atmosphere of what should be a spcial occassion. 

Very strange that a venue is chosen without any travel arrangements being put in place. Maybe they will announce new flights etc how finalists are known. Though with just 12,000 fans of finalists maybe not bother. 

Azerbaijan presumably have thrown the money at UEFA. Think they have games in 2020 Euro finals too.

Baghdad is nearer and probably easier to get to. 

The Internet

Chelsea are running an official day trip package at £980 which is apparently not much more expensive than other more horrendous methods of travelling there. 

Mr Elwood P
4 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Looking at the various travel arrangements good luck to the fans who get tickets.

The BBC website gives details.

Play it at Wembley ffs.

Who’s organising a Europa League Final in just over 2 weeks and who’s paying the damages for breach of  the various contacts? Silly suggestion.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Who’s organising a Europa League Final in just over 2 weeks and who’s paying the damages for breach of  the various contacts? Silly suggestion.

You're right why consider the fans.?

Mr Elwood P
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

You're right why consider the fans.?

To be honest I’d rather go to Baku for the adventure if I was a fan of either team. It’s just not logistically possible anyway. Takes a full year to organise a wedding so you couldn’t just ad hoc get a Europa League Final organised by a week on Wednesday!

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

To be honest I’d rather go to Baku for the adventure if I was a fan of either team. It’s just not logistically possible anyway. Takes a full year to organise a wedding so you couldn’t just ad hoc get a Europa League Final organised by a week on Wednesday!

It's 2 weeks on Wednesday ?

4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Stadium capacity is 70k.

That is unbelievable,  

Makes me think that UEFA should build a stadium in the middle of Europe and use that for finals.. some crazy sized stadium of 120.000.  I bet they could,  get the sponsors to pay for it...

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, jumpship said:

That is unbelievable,  

Makes me think that UEFA should build a stadium in the middle of Europe and use that for finals.. some crazy sized stadium of 120.000.  I bet they could,  get the sponsors to pay for it...

As long as are brown envelopes involved they would be fine with that. 

Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It's 2 weeks on Wednesday ?

Probably be pretty straightforward then!

• 3 weeks later...

Wednesday 29th May 2019

Final in the Baku Olympic Stadium.

Chelsea v Arsenal

In continuing my ABC (anyone but Chelsea) theme, I am hoping for an Arsenal win tonight.

Just to note the game is free to watch.

Live on BT Sport YouTube channel, website and mobile app. 

I think there will be other live streams e.g. UEFA. 

I'd like to see Sarri win a trophy. He deserved something for his job at Napoli and this season has deserved a lot better than the attitude of some of the players and the fans.

Up until Ahbramovic, Chelsea fans would have been over the moon with a 3rd place finish, Champions league qualification, League Cup Final and UEFA Cup / Europa League final.

Now it's widely accepted that he'll probably move on as the fans haven't taken to him.

I get that football has changed but I feel he deserves to continue given his work this season and it would be great to see him get some tangible success.  

Not too bothered how it ends but I'd be happier to watch Chelsea lose more than anything 

William H. Bonney

I can’t think of a more boring potential final then these 2 god awful teams. 

It’s that depressing I’ll probably just watch the virtues on Channel 4 to cheer me up. 

3 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Not too bothered how it ends but I'd be happier to watch Chelsea lose more than anything 

That’s exactly the point I was trying to make.

5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Mon Arsenal, into those tossers. 

:yas:

19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

That’s exactly the point I was trying to make.

Great minds, Morgan. 

Great minds indeed!