Daily record in 'we get our news from Kickback' shock

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/scottish-football/2008/06/27/hearts-star-christophe-berra-ponders-transfer-request-86908-20622716/

Hearts star Christophe Berra ponders transfer request

Jun 27 2008 By Gary Ralston

CHRISTOPHE BERRA could be ready to add to Hearts' woes by slapping in a transfer request.

The Jambos skipper is pondering his future as pre-season preparations at the Gorgie club threaten to develop into farce.

French striker Christian Nade has gone AWOL after he failed to turn up for medical tests with the rest of the first-team squad earlier this week.

Hearts fans are also still reeling from the decision by owner Vladimir Romanov to banish caretaker boss Steve Frail from the club.

Frail is keeping tightlipped as the Tynecastle club continues to refuse to give a reason for putting him on gardening leave. Now Berra, 22, is considering his next move after Hearts rejected a ?1.5million close-season bid from Wolves.

Berra declined to comment but agent Gary Mackay said: "All I'm going to do is get an idea from Christophe once he's spoken to his family to see if he wants to progress things or stay at Hearts.

"Christophe is just back his holidays and I'm in Canada. We're dealing with the owners and they're in Lithuania so it's a pretty fragmented situation."

Former Sheffield United star Nade was expected at Riccarton early this week but has failed to trap. He has been linked with a move to Crystal Palace.

Hearts are under the control of fitness expert Tom Ritchie, with football consultant Anatoliy Korobochka overseeing affairs.

It's believed Frail was told not to turn upfor training because a new boss is expected imminently, even though he had been told he would be part of any new coaching set-up.

Hearts were yesterday reported to have agreed terms with an unnamed German coach, with the likes of former Georgia boss Klaus Toppmoller, World Cup winner Andy Brehme, ex-Nurnberg coach Hans Meyer and Schalke boss Mirko Slomka all looking for work.

However, senior Hearts sources stressed no appointment is imminent. They said Frail remains an employee but refused to say for how much longer.

Much of it lifted from KB and based in no real facts as far as I can tell.

Gigolo-Aunt

Thor and Butcher were appoited a few weeks back, not sure why the Record are going with this story.

However, senior Hearts sources stressed no appointment is imminent.

What does that mean ?

No Time this week,no time next week,no time next month or no time at ****ing all.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'm sorry if the Record told me the earth was round i would be sceptical. They are the worlds worst for saying things will DEFINATLY happen then brushing the whole thing under the carpet when it definatly doesnt. Not worth the paper its written on.

And if someone from the Record is reading this, can you tell Kieth Jackson he is a ^^^^. Thankyou

CHRISTOPHE BERRA could be ready to add to Hearts' woes by slapping in a transfer request.

The Jambos skipper is pondering his future as pre-season preparations at the Gorgie club threaten to develop into farce.

French striker Christian Nade has gone AWOL after he failed to turn up for medical tests with the rest of the first-team squad earlier this week.

Hearts fans are also still reeling from the decision by owner Vladimir Romanov to banish caretaker boss Steve Frail from the club.

Frail is keeping tightlipped as the Tynecastle club continues to refuse to give a reason for putting him on gardening leave. Now Berra, 22, is considering his next move after Hearts rejected a ?1.5million close-season bid from Wolves.

Berra declined to comment but agent Gary Mackay said: "All I'm going to do is get an idea from Christophe once he's spoken to his family to see if he wants to progress things or stay at Hearts.

"Christophe is just back his holidays and I'm in Canada. We're dealing with the owners and they're in Lithuania so it's a pretty fragmented situation."

Former Sheffield United star Nade was expected at Riccarton early this week but has failed to trap. He has been linked with a move to Crystal Palace.

Hearts are under the control of fitness expert Tom Ritchie, with football consultant Anatoliy Korobochka overseeing affairs.

It's believed Frail was told not to turn upfor training because a new boss is expected imminently, even though he had been told he would be part of any new coaching set-up.

Hearts were yesterday reported to have agreed terms with an unnamed German coach, with the likes of former Georgia boss Klaus Toppmoller, World Cup winner Andy Brehme, ex-Nurnberg coach Hans Meyer and Schalke boss Mirko Slomka all looking for work.

However, senior Hearts sources stressed no appointment is imminent. They said Frail remains an employee but refused to say for how much longer

The usual Record Sh*te with a capital S. Words like "could", "it is believed", "was yesterday reported" (by whom and from what source?). In the 2nd last para they name 4 German managers (Kickback?) and by tomorrow this will be spouted as fact.

The part in red is a typical, disgraceful ambiguity which I wouldn't expect from a skunk but would from Ralston. Without actually linking Berra's request with Frail's situation, by putting the 2 separate issues in the same para the less discerning of readers may infer that they are linked - but no quotes!!

Would they do such things with their darlings Rangers? That does not require an answer.

However, senior Hearts sources stressed no appointment is imminent. They said Frail remains an employee but refused to say for how much longer

The usual Record Sh*te with a capital S. Words like "could", "it is believed", "was yesterday reported" (by whom and from what source?). In the 2nd last para they name 4 German managers (Kickback?) and by tomorrow this will be spouted as fact.

The part in red is a typical, disgraceful ambiguity which I wouldn't expect from a skunk but would from Ralston. Without actually linking Berra's request with Frail's situation, by putting the 2 separate issues in the same para the less discerning of readers may infer that they are linked - but no quotes!!

Would they do such things with their darlings Rangers? That does not require an answer.

The Records is the worst for this, buty others are also bad, including the EEN and Scotsman - sadly this where a lot of people get Vlad's promises from. If we do not end up appointing a German manager, it will be another Vlad lie.

Are Hearts fans actually reeling at the imminent departure of Frail?

Yes the way he has been treated isn't the best, however I think most on here would see this move as for the best.

We many Hearts fans actually be that disappointed if Berra or Driver or Nade left?

None of these players consistently produced the goods last season and none of them are irreplaceable. If we get a decent price for each of them the I don't necessarily think it would be the worst move in the world.

We need a clear out and a fresh start from both the management and the playing side.

The big "IF" is whether or not the incoming management team or incoming players will be of a sufficient enough quality to allow us to progress,

Rudolf's Mate

I think we seen the Frail move as more optomism of the possiblity of a manager being installed sooner rather than later.... Now I ain't so sure!

Guest jambomickey

well if we got communication from the club there wouldn't need to be rumours in the daily record.

Every story about Berra 'thinking about handing in a transfer request' comes from Gary Mackay's quote (which first appeared last weekend) saying he's leaving it to Berra to discuss it with his family.

To be fair, Berra being a nice laddie (and a Jambo) all these articles will probably do nothing other than convince him to keep shtum and get on with training. If it was me reading that I may be about to plunge my club into chaos, I'd want to keep the heid doon and get on with it, so em, cheers press!

well if we got communication from the club there wouldn't need to be rumours in the daily record.

What communication do you expect? Selecting a manager is a delicate task impacting possibly on other clubs.

Do Woolworths, Greggs, PC World etc keep you up to date on these matters?

I do agree they could do better in other areas but the problem is that when VR opens his mouth it is distorted by a gutter press and he is also damned if he doesn't. I would expect Charlie Mann to say he could do better in communicating because CM will want to distance himself from the minus points of the regime and would also like to encourage VR to make more use of his profession.

So the Record have given us a shortlist of 4 names and the EEN have given us a list of 3 names.

Sad truth of the matter is that NO journo has a clue what is going on - and know about as much as those "in the know" posters on here.

What communication do you expect? Selecting a manager is a delicate task impacting possibly on other clubs.

I do agree they could do better in other areas but the problem is that when VR opens his mouth it is distorted by a gutter press and he is also damned if he doesn't. I would expect Charlie Mann to say he could do better in communicating because CM will want to distance himself from the minus points of the regime and would also like to encourage VR to make more use of his profession.

Charlie Mann's an arse anyway! Who cares what he says and thinks, I've heard him on numerous radio phone-ins and everytime it's finnished, no-one's any the wiser from his answers. Waste of time!

Drylaw Hearts

:rolleyes:

festerlehearts

how do you think we will play when we start the new season with out anybody at the helm ......:eek:......it keeps goin from worse to worse, why are we the laughin stock of not scotland but europe .....................nobody wants the managers job, now more and more players want to leave, i am worried very worried, any gross the media get there hands on make it even bleaker i hate the media

Guest jambomickey

they don't even communicate with us shareholder! by the way can you give me a example of any other pro club that has taken 6 months to appoint a manager and went through the amount of managers we have? the amount of people who have left and said things not right aint all wrong

MacDonald Jardine
Are Hearts fans actually reeling at the imminent departure of Frail?

Yes the way he has been treated isn't the best, however I think most on here would see this move as for the best.

We many Hearts fans actually be that disappointed if Berra or Driver or Nade left?

None of these players consistently produced the goods last season and none of them are irreplaceable. If we get a decent price for each of them the I don't necessarily think it would be the worst move in the world.

We need a clear out and a fresh start from both the management and the playing side.

The big "IF" is whether or not the incoming management team or incoming players will be of a sufficient enough quality to allow us to progress,

It's not that people disagree with what happens, it's just an excuse to have a go.

they don't even communicate with us shareholder! by the way can you give me a example of any other pro club that has taken 6 months to appoint a manager and went through the amount of managers we have? the amount of people who have left and said things not right aint all wrong

McGhee cost us 4+ months because of the O'Donnell situation whereby it would have been unthinkable for him to leave before the end of the season,although it was "in the bag" and then he did the dirty. Where have you been?

We've been around 2 or 3 weeks looking for another.

BTW I am quite prepared to wait another 6 months if it's the difference between a good successful manager and an also-ran.

bilston angel
McGhee cost us 4+ months because of the O'Donnell situation whereby it would have been unthinkable for him to leave before the end of the season,although it was "in the bag" and then he did the dirty. Where have you been?

BTW I am quite prepared to wait another 6 months if it's the difference between a good successful manager and an also-ran.

Sure your names not Chemical Al is it not about time some people pulled their heads out of the sand and realise what this man is doing to our club!

I'm prepared to wait another 10yrs by gad!! Managers are not the easiest beast to bag.

Maverick-Hunter-C.article.jpg

maroonlegions
So the Record have given us a shortlist of 4 names and the EEN have given us a list of 3 names.

Sad truth of the matter is that NO journo has a furking clue what is going on - and know about as much as those "in the know" posters on here.

true its like the military, ON A NEED TO KNOW BASIS, or in the higher circles of government keeping a tight lid on any information and making sure its kept with in the circle of trust but there is aways a clever tool to use in case anything leaks out its called DIS-INFORMATION mixing some truth with lies.:confused:

Can I just take this opportunity to state that Gary Ralston is also a ^^^^. A fat smelly one.

Thanks.

Benny Factor
Can I just take this opportunity to state that Gary Ralston is also a ^^^^. A fat smelly one.

Thanks.

I'll second that. I started a thread on here one day asking if Ralston was the laziest journo ever.... With each passing day, he just proves it more and more.

There really was no need to look at the name this morning to know who'd written the article.

Sure your names not Chemical Al is it not about time some people pulled their heads out of the sand and realise what this man is doing to our club!

Sure your name's not Bilston Angela as you appear to pick up on everything you read and hear like a gossiping old woman.

I thought the post was about the Record in relation to our managerial situation not what Romanov is doing to the club. That's been discussed many, many times before.

Daily Record is the worst newspaper in world history.

Any Hearts fan who buys it is mental.

bilston angel
Sure your name's not Bilston Angela as you appear to pick up on everything you read and hear like a gossiping old woman.

I thought the post was about the Record in relation to our managerial situation not what Romanov is doing to the club. That's been discussed many, many times before.

Oh! touched a sore point, NOW ,NOW. I think you should apply for Charlie Mann's job you are certainly making a better fist of it. You and NMH would definately be on the short leet, closely followed by a few others!

Oh! touched a sore point, NOW ,NOW. I think you should apply for Charlie Mann's job you are certainly making a better fist of it. You and NMH would definately be on the short leet, closely followed by a few others!

Well you would have no chance because judging by your posts elsewhere you're another one trick pony. One subject, one view, same old drivel.

When someone makes a statement that's not anti Romanov that does not necessarily mean it's pro Romanov. Some people are capable of making balanced judgments which may or may not turn out to be right. Not everyone is as blinkered as you.

bilston angel
Well you would have no chance because judging by your posts elsewhere you're another one trick pony. One subject, one view, same old drivel.

When someone makes a statement that's not anti Romanov that does not necessarily mean it's pro Romanov. Some people are capable of making balanced judgments which may or may not turn out to be right. Not everyone is as blinkered as you.

Can I have a loan of your blinkers to see how they feel!

I was speaking to Christophe Berra's cousin at the weekend, and was reliably informed that despite bids from bothe Wolves and Rangers, which we all know were rejected, Berra didn't want to move. He is happy at Tynie, playing first team football, and belives that a move at this stage of his career could end up with him being on the bench more often than not, and he is not interested in that!!

Guest jambomickey

do you think mcghee would have lasted in the job like? it's taken us longer to appoint a manager than they last in the job. wake up and take the vlad glasses off man

do you think mcghee would have lasted in the job like? it's taken us longer to appoint a manager than they last in the job. wake up and take the vlad glasses off man

Do you have the numbers for tonight's Euro lottery?

do you think mcghee would have lasted in the job like?

Clearly Mcghee would never have been stupid enough to take the Hearts job.

Guest jambomickey
Why do people keep saying McGee was in the bag. If he was in the bag he would be our manager.

Also he never officially met Vlad! Yet people are quite happy to believe gossip from here and the press that he did. Yet if it is something remotely negative slate the press etc.

(Thats said I do believe he had discussions with us prior to official discussions not happening)

Bottom line he turned us down. Thats the fact jack!

yeah and we a scottish club based in scotland so romanov should have been flying to scotland to meet mcghee and not the other way

yeah and we a scottish club based in scotland so romanov should have been flying to scotland to meet mcghee and not the other way

Correct. Romanov did not want Mcghee as our manager enough otherwise he would have taken a day out of his oh so busy schedule and travelled to Edinburgh (or even elsewhere in the UK) and proven that the Hearts managerial role was actually important.

Archived