Hearts Ajax-style kit 1972-73 - help needed!

jamborod

Those lovely people at 'When Saturday Comes' would like to do a wee feature on our iconic strip from 1972-73 but can't get their hands on a colour photo of a player in action to go along with it. Can anyone help?

They're ideally after a colour photo where you can see the full shirt and shorts so head and shoulder/portrait shots won't work. They say a scan from a programme would be okay. I've had a look through my programmes from that era but everything's in black and white. Someone on here might have a colour action shot from the time or know of a more recent programme that looks back to that time and has a colour shot of the strip being worn.

If so, email the editorial team at [email protected] who will be delighted to hear from you.

Maroon Sailor

This is from the clip on YouTube - Murray having a seat on the ball. Not the clearest of pics though

IMG_3478.JPG.9589e5c9b0677d63ade5777a3af2fabb.JPG

Video a bit clearer

A sensation

Forrrrd the scorer

Not sure why Arthur Montford says Brown's cross was low and hard

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Салатные палочки
15 hours ago, jamborod said:

Those lovely people at 'When Saturday Comes' would like to do a wee feature on our iconic strip from 1972-73 but can't get their hands on a colour photo of a player in action to go along with it. Can anyone help?

They're ideally after a colour photo where you can see the full shirt and shorts so head and shoulder/portrait shots won't work. They say a scan from a programme would be okay. I've had a look through my programmes from that era but everything's in black and white. Someone on here might have a colour action shot from the time or know of a more recent programme that looks back to that time and has a colour shot of the strip being worn.

If so, email the editorial team at [email protected] who will be delighted to hear from you.

Are you writing the feature? 

The worst looking top in our history IMO. Really don't see the fascination with it.

25 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

The worst looking top in our history IMO. Really don't see the fascination with it.

Not the worst but there have been a few designs in the last 30 years that have been ghastly.

28 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Too much white for me.

davemclaren
37 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

You had to be there to ‘get it’. There wasn’t much else to get excited over then. ?

Harry Potter
42 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

No its not, 

Jerah Jambo
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

You had to be there to ‘get it’. There wasn’t much else to get excited over then. ?

I've seen that strip getting a bit of abuse over the years but I've always looked on it with affection, couldn't really understand why but I think you've just summed it up for me Dave ?

jambo east anglia

I thought the shirt was fine, it was the badge or crest that spoilt it - looked like it was designed by a 5 year old.

Tommy Brown
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

We looked like Ajax but played like Ajax toilet cleaner at the time?

your the same age as me John.

We were excites as feck about it as 10 years old, wearing an Hearts strip based on Ajax, one of Europe's top teams.

It was major, ended miserably though.

Thanks all for the responses - much appreciated. Hopefully the team shot might do the trick.

It’ll be a short feature in the ‘Shirt Stories’ feature but I think they need a decent colour photo for it to run. 

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, jamborod said:

Thanks all for the responses - much appreciated. Hopefully the team shot might do the trick.

It’ll be a short feature in the ‘Shirt Stories’ feature but I think they need a decent colour photo for it to run. 

They could take a snapshot from the YouTube videos. Decent images in the Celtic ones. They have to mention taking a seat on the ball at Ibrox

3 hours ago, jamborod said:

You wanting a scan of the team group ?

queensferryjambo
On 06/03/2019 at 16:03, jamborod said:

I have one of the players shirts from that season.

If they need colour pictures - 

43257421_10217521049885193_8165814087712

43364700_10217521046045097_3740795559947

• 9 months later...