Naismith out for 8-10 weeks (updated)

Thomaso

Clerry Jambo
3 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

back for the final

Absolutely Ray, players need to step up and get the club to the final, giving Naisy a magnificent target to aim for

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Inch Hearts

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alwaysthereinspirit
Just now, Cade said:

Pinning all our hopes on a loan player approaching the end of his career and who has spent most of the season injured is madness.

I seriously doubt that was ever a plan. Not even plan Z.

3 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

back for the final

Aye. His knee won't trouble him at all when he's sitting on the sofa watching ICT take on Aberdeen/Celtic/Rangers. 

:)?

Inch Hearts
2 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I seriously doubt that was ever a plan. Not even plan Z.

Any idea what the plan is/was/going to be then?  To me it seemed exactly the plan. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

This is what logic tells us. ??‍♂️

_81300586_81300585.jpg

Dull as **** luck.

Thoughts:

Djoum in the Naismith role. Cochrane in in midfield.

Or - preferably - Keena or Vanecek up top with Uche.

Massive blow for club and player. For me now, it seems a long term signing is no longer viable in terms of cost and return. Sure our new manager will be looking elsewhere.

• redm changed the title to Naismith out for 8-10 weeks (updated)
5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Dull as **** luck.

Thoughts:

Get djoum in the attacking central role - was thinking about this earlier - it’s only really djoum and Clare that could play there or at least should create chances but I would Get harry some games as well if possible

Inch Hearts
18 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Honestly how bloody unlucky are we ?

I wouldn't say Naismiths' injuries are unlucky tbh.   He's been prone for the past 5 years otherwise he would still be playing in the EPL/Champ.

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, VALDOS said:

Even when Naismith came back he never played anywhere near as well as at the start of the season. 

As much as you're right, everything still went through him though and made others tick. 

gorgieheart
27 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Massive blow for club and player. For me now, it seems a long term signing is no longer viable in terms of cost and return. Sure our new manager will be looking elsewhere.

and who's that  ? 

Always look on the bright side. 

He isn’t going to America or anywhere for next season with a CV of two serious knee injuries this season and no demonstration of being fit again. 

We will offer him rehab and pre-season training in exchange for signing a new contract. 

US on hold for a couple of years and fingers crossed we get those two season out of him without further serious injury. 

Clare into the Naismith role and Wighton off the left. Deserves a second chance. Played some of his best football for Dundee coming off the left wing.

Sexton Hardcastle
6 minutes ago, Sid said:

Always look on the bright side. 

He isn’t going to America or anywhere for next season with a CV of two serious knee injuries this season and no demonstration of being fit again. 

We will offer him rehab and pre-season training in exchange for signing a new contract. 

US on hold for a couple of years and fingers crossed we get those two season out of him without further serious injury. 

Who in the states will take a punt on a 34/35 aged no knee Naismith?

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Pinning all our hopes on a loan player approaching the end of his career and who has spent most of the season injured is madness.

I honestly don't know what this means, should we not have played the best player at the club? Should we not have signed a player higher than the standard we normally can?

Which part is madness?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Who in the states will take a punt on a 34/35 aged no knee Naismith?

His best offer will be ours. Ironically could be one we live to regret, who would have believed that 2 weeks ago

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Dull as **** luck.

Thoughts:

I was at the reserve game on Monday and Cochrane is not the answer. He looks a shadow of the player we saw last season. I think the bad run of injuries has knocked him back a bit. Obviously he’s still a huge potential but he’s not ready for the first team right now! 

23 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Clare into the Naismith role and Wighton off the left. Deserves a second chance. Played some of his best football for Dundee coming off the left wing.

Wighton was our best striker in the reserve game on Monday. Keena has more of a moment of magic in him, but as an all round player Wighton seems much better. Vanacek looked absolutely hopeless against a bunch of kids. 

Inch Hearts
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I honestly don't know what this means, should we not have played the best player at the club? Should we not have signed a player higher than the standard we normally can?

Which part is madness?

I think it means it's not very good to build a team around an injury prone player on loan with no plan b. 

Rock ‘n’ Roll star.
3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I was at the reserve game on Monday and Cochrane is not the answer. He looks a shadow of the player we saw last season. I think the bad run of injuries has knocked him back a bit. Obviously he’s still a huge potential but he’s not ready for the first team right now! 

Wighton was our best striker in the reserve game on Monday. Keena has more of a moment of magic in him, but as an all round player Wighton seems much better. Vanacek looked absolutely hopeless against a bunch of kids. 

I also very much doubt Harry will see any game time before the seasons end.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
4 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I heard Cochrane strolled it.

Opinions eh ?

—————Zlamal—————

Godinhio Berra souttar garuccio

——————haring—————

morrison ——————-—Wighton/mulraney

——————djoum————-——

——————Clare——————

uche

OR 

—————Zlamal—————

Godinhio Berra souttar brandon

——————haring—————

morrison ——————-—garuccio

——————djoum————-——

——————Clare——————

uche

lets start playing players in their position. 

Haring is a DM

Clare is an attacking center mid

djoum is a center mid/attacking center mid 

garuccio is probably our best left sided player- at the back or on the wing

morisson and  Mulraney are our only out And out wingers- except for garuccio and Wighton who can play there. 

Uche needs support near him and not to wide strikers which ultimately

leaves 1 up top. 

Djoum In the left and Clare on the right is like playing two men down. 

4 minutes ago, Gavsy Van Gaverson said:

I heard Cochrane strolled it.

Opinions eh ?

Don’t think he hit his man with a pass once! He didn’t have that tenacity we saw in the first team either, and looked much slower than usual. Multiple players had a go at him, and he had a go at himself multiple times! I’m a massive fan of him, for what it’s worth. Irving was much better in the middle though. 

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I think it means it's not very good to build a team around an injury prone player on loan with no plan b. 

You think we shouldn't play round our best player's strengths where possible?

What plan b should there be exactly?

Bummer. Time for Vanacek, Wighton and Keena to step up. I hope I never see Maclean in a Hearts shirt again. 

38 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Which part is madness?

No, we should have signed another 6 or 7 players at the same standard as him.

:sarcasm:

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

Bummer. Time for Vanacek, Wighton and Keena to step up. I hope I never see Maclean in a Hearts shirt again. 

****, I actually forgot about Wighton.

Even more tears now

:sob:

OmiyaHearts
23 minutes ago, Zico said:

Agreed. I was wanting Levein to resign after the Partick game but, would have been happy if Maclean had hung up his boots instead.

Inch Hearts
31 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You think we shouldn't play round our best player's strengths where possible?

What plan b should there be exactly?

Of course we should - when he's available. 

Putting faith in an injury prone player and not having anything in place if a) he gets injured as he has done frequently over the last 5 years or b) he wasn't allowed to come back on loan is horrendous planning.

Naismith fit and available for us should be a complete bonus, it shouldn't be the be all and end all which it seems to have been the plan.  Considering all the players brought in over the summer and January it's actually shambolic. 

old school tie

Sadly, Levein has previous for signing injured/ injury prone players. I fully expect a five-year deal will be on the tabledefault_sob.png

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Dull as **** luck.

Thoughts:

I we are going to continue hoofing it long all the time we should just go Uche and Vanecek up top. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Thank feck we’ve got vanacek here at last!!!!!!!!

Maybe it's the wrong Vanacek Levein signed. 

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Another musemic situation?

hmmmmmm

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Putting faith in an injury prone player and not having anything in place if a) he gets injured as he has done frequently over the last 5 years or b) he wasn't allowed to come back on loan is horrendous planning.

Naismith fit and available for us should be a complete bonus, it shouldn't be the be all and end all which it seems to have been the plan.  Considering all the players brought in over the summer and January it's actually shambolic. 

What should we have in place exactly?

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What should we have in place exactly?

A team, shape and players to play minus Naismith perhaps?  Right now it looks a shambles.   Tap tap punt. 

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Don’t think he hit his man with a pass once! He didn’t have that tenacity we saw in the first team either, and looked much slower than usual. Multiple players had a go at him, and he had a go at himself multiple times! I’m a massive fan of him, for what it’s worth. Irving was much better in the middle though. 

Irving was excellent previous week against Aberdeen as well. Based on recent reserve matches if anyone is going to get promoted into first team midfield Irving is ahead of Harry. 

30 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Djoum, , Clare and potentially Wighton are  the Naismith back-ups. Problem we had last time he was out was that all our other strikers, except McLean, were out as well. This time round we have five strikers currently fit so shouldn’t be same impact. In fact could be better than recent weeks because clearly Naismith op in Nov  didn’t work. He hasn’t been anything like the player he was since he came back. This next op is to do the job properly this time ie shave more of the cartilage. 

alwaysthereinspirit
38 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He does have a sister. I don't know what position she likes to play though. :drummer:

22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Irving was excellent previous week against Aberdeen as well. Based on recent reserve matches if anyone is going to get promoted into first team midfield Irving is ahead of Harry. 

He was a star man for falkirk too, according to me season ticket holder at falkirk. He was very annoyed to lose him.

Levein is going to have to put a bit of trust in Keena and Vanacek.

Hopefully one of them plays at the weekend and scores!!

On 05/03/2019 at 09:09, portobellojambo1 said:

Someone mentioned this on our bus coming home and the source of the information. With a little bit further digging it turned out to be rubbish.

Well,? 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Why the **** did we sign Vanacek if he is that bad. Another CL cock up. 

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Why the **** did we sign Vanacek if he is that bad. Another CL cock up. 

It's only his opinion FFS :lol: