Biden - Presidential transition begins

trex

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Cade said:

So, the ballot counting machines weren't designed by Hugo Chavez and the software algorithm wasn't changing Trump votes to Biden ones and the company operating them doesn't have links to George Soros, the Clintons, BLM and Antifa and the entire Biden victory wasn't some sort of global communist conspiracy?

Well colour me surprised.

I'm shocked, I tells ya.

SHOCKED!

:gok:

Has all that been proved, though??

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maple Leaf

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Justin Z

• JFK-1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Has all that been proved, though??

It was interesting to see the new approach mentioned yesterday - it's not on the lawyers to prove that significant fraud occurred, it's on the authorities to prove it didn't. :D

Edited by redjambo
The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It was interesting to see the new approach mentioned yesterday - it's not on the lawyers to prove that significant fraud occurred, it's on the authorities to prove it didn't. :D

:rofl:

I P Knightley
23 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I love that the judges in these cases are going, "c'mon guys, give us something to work with" before telling the Reps to eff off.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

They should try this guy next...

giphy.gif

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Cade said:

Biden set to name Alejandro Mayorkas as head of homeland security.

Mayorkas is a Cuban immigrant.

:jjyay:

:lol:

Kalamazoo Jambo
19 minutes ago, Barack said:

Michigan certifies election for Biden.

3 for & 1 abstention. This one's done too!

:greggy:

:verysmug:

Never in doubt. Biden won by about 154,000 in Michigan. Gary Peters won his Senate seat by about 84,000. Honestly, it's ridiculous that there was even an abstention but that's Republicans trying to subvert democracy for you. The board literally just had to count up the results of each County's results and declare a statewide winner, and one (Republican) person couldn't even do that. And let's be clear, as with other states, it's because he and others don't like black people's votes being counted.

36 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

And let's be clear, as with other states, it's because he and others don't like black people's votes being counted.

:spoton:

Remember that the USA only stopped being a slave nation in 1863 and from then on was still officially an apartheid state until 1965 when black women were finally allowed the vote........and even now you still see how hard the Republicans work to disenfranchise BAME peoples (if you think what black people have to go through to vote is bad, check out the situation of the Native Americans!).

I mean, the Supreme court ruled that states could openly gerrymander the voting process to exclude ethnicities in 2013......
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelby_County_v._Holder

Edited by Cade
Kalamazoo Jambo

GSA’s Emily Murphy claiming she reached her decision independently (which is her job) and Trump claiming he gave her direction. One of them is lying.

Anyway, in keeping with everything Trump, Emily Murphy’s letter is whiny, self-pitying and full of BS.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Biden - Presidential transition begins
Lone Striker
24 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

GSA’s Emily Murphy claiming she reached her decision independently (which is her job) and Trump claiming he gave her direction. One of them is lying.

Anyway, in keeping with everything Trump, Emily Murphy’s letter is whiny, self-pitying and full of BS.

Must be Emily then, surely ?   :whistling:😜

Kalamazoo Jambo
28 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Must be Emily then, surely ?   :whistling:😜

Most likely it’s Trump trying to save face of course, but I’d be amazed if the Trump admin hadn’t put pressure on Murphy either. So they’re probably both lying :thumbsup:

A Boy Named Crow

I suppose now the drama is really over now,  aye? He'll lose his remaining court challenges (if they even happen), launch his TV channel and bore the world to death over the next few years - the rantings of a buffoon aren't nearly as interesting if said buffoon isn't running a country!

12 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I suppose now the drama is really over now,  aye? He'll lose his remaining court challenges (if they even happen), launch his TV channel and bore the world to death over the next few years - the rantings of a buffoon aren't nearly as interesting if said buffoon isn't running a country!

In his case, having some raving lunatic preaching his many lies and stupid observations, by a media outlet accessible to so many hard of thinking, gullible morons can’t be a good thing. 
Imagine if Oswald Mosley had had similar media access in the 1930s. 
What’s the betting, that if he does start up a tv channel, Farage becomes a regular contributor on it. He, and others of his ilk, must be very concerned that, the land of milk and honey, Brexit which Donald Trump would have continued to support, or take advantage of, isn’t very likely now without a proper deal with the EU.

It's not 100% in the bag until the Electors cast their votes.

They're SUPPOSED to give all their college votes to whoever won the popular vote in their state, but they're not LEGALLY obliged to.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

In his case, having some raving lunatic preaching his many lies and stupid observations, by a media outlet accessible to so many hard of thinking, gullible morons can’t be a good thing. 
Imagine if Oswald Mosley had had similar media access in the 1930s. 
What’s the betting, that if he does start up a tv channel, Farage becomes a regular contributor on it. He, and others of his ilk, must be very concerned that, the land of milk and honey, Brexit which Donald Trump would have continued to support, or take advantage of, isn’t very likely now without a proper deal with the EU.

I have my doubts about Trump running pontificating on any TV channel. Contemporary crazies like Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh etc. are broadcasting for 3 to 4 hours a day. Trump doesn't have the patience for that nor the talent to speak for so long on a frequent basis.

Even if he did what would he say? He only really has a few lines which wont suffice to spout from a TV channel 3 to 4 hours daily. You could run through his repertoire in ten minutes flat on day one. Then what? Repeat it for 4 hours every day?

8 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I have my doubts about Trump running pontificating on any TV channel. Contemporary crazies like Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh etc. are broadcasting for 3 to 4 hours a day. Trump doesn't have the patience for that nor the talent to speak for so long on a frequent basis.

Even if he did what would he say? He only really has a few lines which wont suffice to spout from a TV channel 3 to 4 hours daily. You could run through his repertoire in ten minutes flat on day one. Then what? Repeat it for 4 hours every day?

A few hours of shouting 3 word slogans, which seems to his limit before rambling, like "stop the steal", "drain the swamp", "lock her up", "4 more years", etc..

You're probably correct, he couldn't fill an hour a day without introducing some of his mates to fill in the blank spaces.

John Gentleman
1 hour ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I'm waiting for the conga line of organisations, at or around the end of January, queueing up to whack him with a baseball bat. First up, I'm predicting the IRS will wrap up their (long outstanding) audit of his tax affairs. Anybody guess who'll come next? Maybe Melania?? His Deutsche Bank personally guaranteed loans don't fall due until 2023, but the word is they'd like to flog the loans to someone else. Problem is, they can't find anyone willing.

This should be fun....

11 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

'zackley!

The correct, professional, letter would have said, 'Congratualations on winning the presidency. We're ready to get going with your transition to power. Here's what you've got and what we can do.'

The rest of the shite is in response to the radio silence over the last two weeks; two weeks during which she and her department could quite easily have issued a press release explaining that they were biding their time because recounts and legal challenges meant the outcome was uncertain. She could have reassured all parties that they were on standby to manage the process of getting the president up and running by 20th January.

Instead of that, we get two long whiny-assed paragraphs of Oh, Pity Me!

36 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I just Google Imaged Emily Murphy.

She looks like Liza Tarbuck and I bet the 'pet' she had threatened is a cat.

I've always had a thing for Liza Tarbuck, not bad looking, great chebs, intelligent, funny and looks like she could hold her drink!!

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 hours ago, Cade said:

It's not 100% in the bag until the Electors cast their votes.

They're SUPPOSED to give all their college votes to whoever won the popular vote in their state, but they're not LEGALLY obliged to.

Whether they’re legally obliged to depends on the state. So, for example, Michigan has some safeguards in that regard.

Useful summary here...

https://www.fairvote.org/faithless_elector_state_laws

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Whatever he does in the coming years - if he's not in jail -  it will surely include dozens of "plants" in the audience, to whoop and holler at every sentence regardless of what the maniac is talking about.   He craves applause, adulation, crowds chanting his slogans etc.    Some (probably most) of these rally speeches he did in the last year or so were absurd - just re-running his version of the 2016 campaign and the election results, state by state. With all the whooping and hollering, he made those last several hours.

What do you think  Pence must be thinking right now ?  The "straight man" to Trump's out-of-control egotistic buffoon.  Is he quietly playing out the final days, leaving  Trump to rage against the electoral process, and just biding his time to have a go in 2024 in the hope that he'll attract votes from nutjob  Trumpets as well as moderate Rep voters  ?   Or does he actually believe that the election was "stolen" ? 

48 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:pleasing:

306 - 232 Electoral College win for Biden, and beating Trump by over 6 million in the popular vote. :buttkick:

That is a landslide win by Biden.  Trump's own words have come back to haunt him.  No wonder he's squealing like a trapped rat.

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

306 - 232 Electoral College win for Biden, and beating Trump by over 6 million in the popular vote. :buttkick:

That is a landslide win by Biden.  Trump's own words have come back to haunt him.  No wonder he's squealing like a trapped rat.

Brilliant.

6 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

A very interesting dive into the craziness of last three weeks in Michigan...

Thanks for that. A depressing insight into an utter shit show. Makes me want to watch the second half of the Alloa game just to cheer up 😞

Governor Tarkin
23 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I've always had a thing for Liza Tarbuck, not bad looking, great chebs, intelligent, funny and looks like she could hold her drink!!

Agreed. 

35 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Thanks for that. A depressing insight into an utter shit show. Makes me want to watch the second half of the Alloa game just to cheer up 😞

:biggrin:

Kalamazoo Jambo
4 hours ago, RobboM said:

:laugh:

As someone who has lived in Michigan for 19 years, this has extra resonance for me. It's honestly really weird that one guy just doing his legal duty has to be held up as a hero for doing the right thing, but in the circumstances, I guess that's where we are.

On 24/11/2020 at 17:21, Cade said:

Biden hits 80 million votes.

Just imagine the absolute horsing Trump would have taken if the Dems had fielded a younger and charismatic candidate.

9 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Just imagine the absolute horsing Trump would have taken if the Dems had fielded a younger and charismatic candidate.

Trump was getting his votes no matter who he was up against. Biden will have to detox the place with good cross party politics.