The latest in a long line of embarrassing Hibs shite.

...a bit disco

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Rudolf

• Marvin

• Beast Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...a bit disco
53 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Official Gaping Partner ?

Nicely done mate.

Making a good fist of it.

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Me too. There's plenty going on with us that they can use to take the piss. Vaping is no big deal imho. 

True, they're well ahead of us in the league, are unbeaten in the derby, have a settled management team and dressing room, have resigned some of their best players on long contracts, and have a good chance of reaching their 2nd cup semi final of the season. Wait, that's us!

1 hour ago, millano77 said:

Sorry how is Vaping as bad as smoking?

Sorry, should have added potentially. 

Used as a substitute for smoking by smokers and involves inhaling vapour into your lungs. 

Insurance companies are classifying people that vape in the same category as smokers until the long term consequences  of vaping are known and understood. 

In the meantime I’ll continue to avoid the clouds of vapour that seem to engulf the users. 

Russian roulette with your health?

No thanks. 

Edited by Rudolf

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Homme said:

Rangers have an official vape partner too. Think vaping is permitted at ibrox concourses now on the back of it (this may not be true) 

A bit close to paping is it not? And who ever thought they'd allow that at ibrox? :laugh:

4 hours ago, Rudolf said:

What would that be then?

Vaping is as bad as smoking.

It's a bit like the advertising for cigarettes in the 60's when people though smoking was good for you.

Plus the nick of the vape guy:laugh:

Bollocks.

4 hours ago, gjcc said:

Vaping is a gateway to actually smoking. Not sure it should be promoted in stadiums with kids around. 

:lol: 

More bollocks.

A few vape shop owners (poisoners) full of rage.

We should take another opportunity to celebrate that we have "Save the Children" on our tops. 

Genuinely surprised Hibs have went with this - could argue betting and drinking sponsors are as bad but to me this has went in a new slightly uncomfortable direction 

The Future's Maroon
6 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Sister flavour!

Really shouldn’t have, but really chuckled at that ??

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Used as a substitute for smoking by smokers and involves inhaling vapour into your lungs. 

Insurance companies are classifying people that vape in the same category as smokers until the long term consequences  of vaping are known and understood. 

In the meantime I’ll continue to avoid the clouds of vapour that seem to engulf the users. 

No thanks. 

So does every single breath you take

I didn't realise that heroin was now available as a vapour.  It'll put an end to all those unsightly needle marks I suppose.

9 hours ago, jambogemz said:

This.

its just a sponsorship deal for FFS.

I know one or two other clubs have vaping sponsors.

Sure the Hamilton stadium is sponsored by a medicinal Canabis company to.

Hibs and Hamilton lead the way in Scotland right enough.....

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

the clouds of vapour that seem to engulf the users. 

Don't they just. And a clownish committee of MPs suggested allowing vaping on buses. That happens, that's when I finally get a driving licence.

9 hours ago, Marvin said:

Me too. There's plenty going on with us that they can use to take the piss. Vaping is no big deal imho. 

NINE HOURS and you have still not come up with something that they can take the piss about ☺

Scoring seven goals against us 46 years ago doesn't cut it anymore.?

5 hours ago, Smack said:

A few vape shop owners (poisoners) full of rage.

We should take another opportunity to celebrate that we have "Save the Children" on our tops. 

Tbf Save the Children is not as wholesome as popular opinion would have you believe.

Plenty of videos and articles online to back this up.

queensferryjambo
15 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

They will be devastated this isn't on their great list of firsts for them. Rates right up there with floodlights, scoreboard etc. in their long line of achievements.

Oh and I know smokers / ex-smokers / vapers can be very militant and mega defensive but I get the OP - vaping is very trampy IMO ;) 

Not even going to get involved in the health and morality issue any deeper than to say; I see school kids vaping, and they are not using it to overcome a long smoking addiction.

It’s the total embarrassment of having an “official vaping partner” that makes me chuckle. What does that even mean in real terms? ?

11 hours ago, Rudolf said:

No thanks. 

On the research already done the NHS have now classed it as suitable non harmful alternative to smoking. It only contains 3 ingredients. 

I have vaped for about 8 years now and my health has vastly improved. Most notably my lungs. 

If these were as harmful the NHS wouldn’t be promoting them. 

I have been heavily involved in clinical trials due to being a long term user and will continue with these trials for years to come. These involve getting a full health check, bloods taken and numerous scans. 

11 hours ago, Rudolf said:

In the meantime I’ll continue to avoid the clouds of vapour that seem to engulf the users.  

No thanks. 

On cold days I've seen people disappear completely. 

Why any football or athletic club would want to be in any way associated with a product that is not only addictive BUT proven to be bad for your health in general is beyond me. Vaping may be a better way of getting a nicotine hit as the tar content is removed it is however still very bad for your health. Next thing they will be signing up to a supplier of top quality heroin ... it is going to be better than the usual quality which is badly contaminated with impurities... 

On the research already done the NHS have now classed it as suitable non harmful alternative to smoking. It only contains 3 ingredients. 

I have vaped for about 8 years now and my health has vastly improved. Most notably my lungs. 

If these were as harmful the NHS wouldn’t be promoting them. 

I have been heavily involved in clinical trials due to being a long term user and will continue with these trials for years to come. These involve getting a full health check, bloods taken and numerous scans. 

Peope used to tell you smoking was cool as well.

The reason you’re in a trial is because no one knows the affect, the NHS will say its better than smoking but wont say its harmless.

Im going to go out on a limb and say inhaling smoke of any kind into your lungs wont be great, it MIGHT be better than smoking but still.

Like I would believe anything the NHS publish. Nicotine is a highly addictive substance that has many effects on the human physiology it also has many effects on the development of the human brain... not that this will be noticeable in the average  hibs supporter  ?

We could think about doing something similar with a company that sells dehumidifiers? Be essential kit for the flock of pant wetters that decend on JKB after every wee bump in the road!

https://www.wayfair.co.uk/diy-plumbing/hd0/mini-dehumidifier-l846-k~orgp1005.html?refid=GX200082347665-ORGP1005&device=m&ptid=600455881372&targetid=pla-600455881372&network=g&ireid=64960735&gclid=Cj0KCQiA2L7jBRCBARIsAPeAsaMwg2uRgLRDdT_QqPXYocXsv0w0PYO3Ul_wcPSzA1AKvSr414rdGPoaAv8CEALw_wcB

24 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Like I would believe anything the NHS publish. Nicotine is a highly addictive substance that has many effects on the human physiology it also has many effects on the development of the human brain... not that this will be noticeable in the average  hibs supporter  ?

Doctors eh !

What do they know ?

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Doctors eh !

What do they know ?

Nothing at all to do with doctor... actually what do they know... yes you are right next to nothing. Studying the effects of anything ingested into the human body is not something you take a guess at. It is a scientific process requiring long term study and a huge population to test in a double blind test, then a team of top class statisticians analyse the data to try to understand the result ... but then again what the f would I know as an ex pharma researcher. Here is a fact even the very best remedial pharma prescription drugs are bad for you to some extent, there are no drugs I know of that do not have some knock on undesirable side effects for someone! It is all a matter of balancing the equation ... but if it is a drug that there is no need to ingest in the first instance FFS.

2 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Peope used to tell you smoking was cool as well.

The reason you’re in a trial is because no one knows the affect, the NHS will say its better than smoking but wont say its harmless.

Im going to go out on a limb and say inhaling smoke of any kind into your lungs wont be great, it MIGHT be better than smoking but still.

You do not inhale smoke. 

11 minutes ago, millano77 said:

You do not inhale smoke. 

Unless the vaping pipe explodes !!  Bit like the old joke exploding cigar ?

Edited by jock _turd

4 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Not even going to get involved in the health and morality issue any deeper than to say; I see school kids vaping, and they are not using it to overcome a long smoking addiction.

It’s the total embarrassment of having an “official vaping partner” that makes me chuckle. What does that even mean in real terms? ?

This is what i don't get, straight to vaping is a weird choice.

Bloody soft kids can't even smoke properly these days :lol: 

11 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Unless the vaping pipe explodes !!  Bit like the old joke exploding cigar ?

This is another thing that folk get wrong. The kits only explode if you don’t use the correct charger that comes with it or buy one of the cheap ones. I always buy my kits and liquid from the same reputable shop. They make their own juice so I know that there is no hidden ingredients 

It's an interesting partnership, but I'm not sure where I stand on advertising vaping within sports.  I wouldn't agree that it is entirely ethical and it does pair vaping with the healthy lifestyle of professional footballers, who are inevitably role models to a younger audience.  Then again, football fan culture doesn't exactly follow such a lifestyle and the demographic fits the vaporized brand.  Alcohol, for example, causes a significant amount of harm to public health and expense to the NHS each year, but this is now ingrained in football culture and widely accepted as a product to enjoy responsibly, incognizant to those who abuse.

Adverting restrictions around vaping are unusual.  You can't advertise on TV or through the usual digital channels, but you can advertise in cinemas and outdoors (billboards, football shirts, boardings etc).  This plays into the hands of Big Tobacco vaping brands such as Vype, Logic and Blu, who have the budgets for such media.  I work as the marketing manager for JAC Vapour (we design e-cig devices) and it is hard due to the restrictions and the constant battle against the common misconceptions around vaping.  Vaping is absolutely not smoking, there is no combustion or smoke produced.  Nicotine is constantly misunderstood as the cause of smoking-related illnesses.  Over 7 million people worldwide die each year as a result of smoking-related illnesses, but people with little or no knowledge on the subject want to suppress a safer alternative (which Public Health England state is 95% safer than smoking).

part_time_jambo
22 hours ago, Homme said:

Rangers have an official vape partner too. Think vaping is permitted at ibrox concourses now on the back of it (this may not be true) 

So it may or may not be allowed. I think smoking may or may not be allowed too.

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Why the **** does a football club need an official vaping partner. :rofl:

I thought I was going mental. I’m glad I’m not the only one! What the **** is an “official vaping partner”? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I thought I was going mental. I’m glad I’m not the only one! What the **** is an “official vaping partner”? :lol:

I mean, strictly speaking you can't even vape inside a football stadium so where is the mutual interest. :lol:

Just now, Locky said:

I mean, strictly speaking you can't even vape inside a football stadium so where is the mutual interest. :lol:

Armitage Shanks are my official taking a big greasy shit partner. Nothing worse than getting caught short somewhere and they have a different brand of porcelain jobby-collector installed. I’m always worried the AS guys will find out. ?

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Armitage Shanks are my official taking a big greasy shit partner. Nothing worse than getting caught short somewhere and they have a different brand of porcelain jobby-collector installed. I’m always worried the AS guys will find out. ?

Porcelain jobby collecter. :rofl: 

11 hours ago, luckydug said:

NINE HOURS and you have still not come up with something that they can take the piss about ☺

Scoring seven goals against us 46 years ago doesn't cut it anymore.?

Who mentioned that dated result. Certainly not me. Since you're hinting that I'm a hobo imposter jf you look at my profile you will see I am anything but that. I apologise for a poorly thought post. And regariding my response time, some of us work and don't have the time to spend on the forum calling out

aleged hobos. Thank you and good day. On a side note if I was an imposter why would I donate as much as I have to JKB causes and FOH.

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Who mentioned that dated result. Certainly not me. Since you're hinting that I'm a hobo imposter jf you look at my profile you will see I am anything but that. I apologise for a poorly thought post. And regariding my response time, some of us work and don't have the time to spend on the forum calling out

aleged hobos. Thank you and good day. On a side note if I was an imposter why would I donate as much as I have to JKB causes and FOH.

Fair do’s but it was an odd comment to make, obviously people would jump on your post. 

We’re all guilty of saying daft things though ??

1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Fair do’s but it was an odd comment to make, obviously people would jump on your post. 

We’re all guilty of saying daft things though ??

point accepted however  I will proof read my post before I submit reply.

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

point accepted however  I will proof read my post before I submit reply.

No capital p at the start of your sentence.

Bad start to the proof reading.:laugh:

2 hours ago, Rudolf said:

No capital p at the start of your sentence.

Bad start to the proof reading.:laugh:

Awww no you as well :laugh2:

Edited by Marvin
adding capital 'A'

Captain Price
8 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Why any football or athletic club would want to be in any way associated with a product that is not only addictive BUT proven to be bad for your health in general is beyond me. Vaping may be a better way of getting a nicotine hit as the tar content is removed it is however still very bad for your health. Next thing they will be signing up to a supplier of top quality heroin ... it is going to be better than the usual quality which is badly contaminated with impurities... 

Can you back this up?