• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Governor Tarkin

• redm

• William H. Bonney

William H. Bonney

Jesus, it's a ****ing football match, not a funeral. I'm sorry if we showed a lack of compassion but I'm there to support my team. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

No excuses 

the “fans” should be banned

i heard they were singing “he’s dead and you know he is”

utter scummy behaviour and hope they never attend a hearts game again 

Did you hear them or did you read about it online?

2 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

If true I hope they are banned 

So did you actually here this?  Or are you just lying?  

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Times to show respect for remeberence should be before the game and at no other time. Curious as to what would have happened had motherwell scored during the thunderclap. 

Should fans really want to show respect during the game then clapping would be fine, if this had been a hearts fan and we were playing at home would we expect the opposing fans to sing the hearts song with us out of respect. 

The thunderclap is not a fan action I would expect to show for remeberence or to honor someone and I am sure had the banners went up and a continuous clap started then it would have been replicated by the entire ground. 

36 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

No excuses 

Maybe they were hoping their factual chant would help the Motherwell fans come to terms with the reality of the situation....?

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I lost any respect for these bellends when Phil O Donnell sadly passed away. 

Showed them every possible respect to be met with nothing but vitriol in the replay.

Far too much of these things going on. Last game of the season should be the day to remember lost fans

I'm kind of the same, we showed them plenty respect only for them to make a banner mocking us going into administration.

Surely if you want to do that midgame you just clap in unison, expecting to conduct a 'thunderclap' with zero forewarning to the opposition that is what you want to do is just looking for the opposition to do something so you can moan about it..

If they wanted a minutes silence or a round of applause before the game the announcer could have made that clear and the entire ground could have participated which likely would have had the intended impact.

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

No excuses 

You heard the fans were singing that vile song? Never mind "you heard", have you any actual evidence? Because until I see something concrete on it then I'm calling bullshit on the easily offended, looking to be offended, point scoring over their own dead, forget how piss poor their own fans have been in the past Motherwell fans! 

Bit of animosity at a game and some kids overstepped the line. 

It happens. Always has and always will to some extent and very few people need to lose sleep over it. 

11 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

No excuses 

What nonsense. You “heard”. I was at the game and apart from their knobhead ultras pretending to try to get on the pitch didn’t see or hear any of this non incident.

Governor Tarkin
11 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

No excuses 

Another week, another Hibs_in_Hamilton witch hunt. I hope you managed to get some decent footage of the incident so you can get more Hearts fans into bother.

I bet you're the type of fud with Budgie's grass-line on speed dial.

10 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Maybe they were hoping their factual chant would help the Motherwell fans come to terms with the reality of the situation....?

:lol:

Harsh.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Not sure how anyone is supposed to know there’s is even such a thing as a “thunderclap tribute”. Not being funny, but is this a thing now, or was there some relevance to the guy and ‘thunderclaps’? Who was the deceased? A Motherwell supporter, I assume?

NB anyone who knows that they were paying tribute to a suicide victim, and shouted “he’s deid” is a moron. Obviously.

joondalupjambo
17 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Far too much of these things going on. Last game of the season should be the day to remember lost fans

This is kind of where I am.

Every week we have something and even when at home on some occasions I don't know what is a happening because it has only been on Twatter and Fatbook, both of which I have no interest in.

The Sala one at Celtic v Valencia for example.  What link was there for that?  His funeral was not until the Saturday, did he play for Valencia?  Fair enough if there us a reason but again I was in the dark.

Way things are going we will soon be having a minutes silence for a Hearts fan dug because they are part of the Jambo family.

17 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

No excuses 

Unless you actually witnessed it yourself then why say anything? Could be absolute shite and you've just lapped it up

As for the whole thing in general, how the **** are Hearts fans supposed to know about a 43rd minute Motherwell tribute?

Shanks said no
17 hours ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

No excuses 

You really need to think before you post hearsay 

17 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Jesus, it's a ****ing football match, not a funeral. I'm sorry if we showed a lack of compassion but I'm there to support my team. 

I kind of agree with this in that it's entirely up to supporters how they choose to go about offering tributes but if they do it mid-match they have to accept there's going to be game going on at the same time therefore other fans will be focusing on that, and probably reacting accordingly. 

That said, there's absolutely no reason at all for anybody to go singing about people being "deid" or whatever else, that's just about as low as you can get. Desperate behaviour, it takes a special sort of arsehole to think suicide of young men is funny. I was the one who posted Angela's tweet about it on the match thread yesterday (because this subject came up) and it's amazing how many people instantly decide she's making it up or demand 'evidence'. Jesus. She was there, heard it with her own ears and there's zero reasons to think she would lie. Bending yourself out of shape to wriggle away from some unpleasant truth doesn't help anyone. Fortunately it does sound like it was a small group but even a small group is a group too many. 

On a separate note, Motherwell fans seem to get awfy serious and upset about Hearts and Hearts fans. I didn't realise they hated us that much. I'll go right back to not thinking of Motherwell at all when I hit 'send' on this post though. 

Captain America
1 hour ago, redm said:

I kind of agree with this in that it's entirely up to supporters how they choose to go about offering tributes but if they do it mid-match they have to accept there's going to be game going on at the same time therefore other fans will be focusing on that, and probably reacting accordingly. 

That said, there's absolutely no reason at all for anybody to go singing about people being "deid" or whatever else, that's just about as low as you can get. Desperate behaviour, it takes a special sort of arsehole to think suicide of young men is funny. I was the one who posted Angela's tweet about it on the match thread yesterday (because this subject came up) and it's amazing how many people instantly decide she's making it up or demand 'evidence'. Jesus. She was there, heard it with her own ears and there's zero reasons to think she would lie. Bending yourself out of shape to wriggle away from some unpleasant truth doesn't help anyone. Fortunately it does sound like it was a small group but even a small group is a group too many. 

On a separate note, Motherwell fans seem to get awfy serious and upset about Hearts and Hearts fans. I didn't realise they hated us that much. I'll go right back to not thinking of Motherwell at all when I hit 'send' on this post though. 

Does the hatred not go back to an incident in a Texaco cup game many moons ago...It was before my time but growing up in Lanarkshire, I have always been aware of how much hate a sizeable minority had a for us. When I have spoken to Motherwell fans they always seem to bring up the Texaco cup to justify dislike of us. 

Agree with having minutes of applause/silence for legends of the club/football that most of the crowd have 'known' down through the years.

Can't warm to this growing trend of having these minutes during the game for people hardly any of the crowd have even heard of. 

Life is for the living.

Serge Pizzorno

I’m not goin about throwing banning threats but there was definitely “hes deed” shouted across by a couple of people. 

Bang out but it was young lads, probably boozed up, acting like ******s. 

Hopefully theyll see their wrong doings, but it was around 5 at max, and just shouts, not chanting/singsong as suggested. 

Calebs Grandad
10 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

I’m not goin about throwing banning threats but there was definitely “hes deed” shouted across by a couple of people. 

Bang out but it was young lads, probably boozed up, acting like ******s. 

Hopefully theyll see their wrong doings, but it was around 5 at max, and just shouts, not chanting/singsong as suggested. 

There was no chanting from the Hearts support aimed at the Motherwell tribute towards their 2 departed friends. If 2 or 3 idiots shouted something disrespectful then hopefully karma makes them see the error of their ways. A Hearts supporter decides she will tweet that the Hearts support were chanting at the Motherwell support? Attention seeking drama queen springs to mind. 

9 hours ago, SpikeDudley said:

Unless you actually witnessed it yourself then why say anything? Could be absolute shite and you've just lapped it up

As for the whole thing in general, how the **** are Hearts fans supposed to know about a 43rd minute Motherwell tribute?

I was right behind the goals to the right and sat not too far from the young team yesterday.

I heard most of the singing all game and didn’t once hear anyone shout or sing “he’s deid’ during their tribute. What I did hear was hearts fans singing and trying to drum out their noise during their second thunderclap by singing over them. It was more than just the young team singing though as quite a few fans joined in. The young team seem to be to easily and readily blamed these days by certain posters and by many posters who don’t attend away games. 

Stupid tribute anyway. If Motherwell fc had sanctioned this then I’m sure they would’ve asked for a minutes respect before or during the game with a minutes silence or applause and not the woeful attempt at the thunderclap they attempted. 

As for the certain poster JIH who utters the biggest drivel I’ve heard to date, then maybe he should attend some games and witness events first hand before chipping in his tuppenceworth! To think a ‘loyal’ Jambo in Hamilton couldn’t even make it 5 mins down the road to Motherwell and then post ‘I heard fans sang this’ then I think I’ll take his comments with a  pinch of proverbial salt! 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

9 hours ago, redm said:

Her tweet was not remotely representative of the respectful reaction of the Hearts support. There was a very obvious moment of realisation from the young team at the front what the first banner was. At that chants of “wtf is that” quickly changed to applause. It was well received by the Motherwell fans in that corner. Majority of fans around me applauded as well. She made no mention of that, and instead fuelled the social media vilification of the Hearts support. Perhaps in hindsight she feels that it might have been more appropriate to explicitly state that this was a very small number (presumably, as I didn’t hear it). Instead she began rambling about them being 12 years old which leads me to question why you’d even highlight the behaviour of children as if judging them by the same moral code as adults.

Seemed to me someone who was pretty pissed of with their afternoon and wanted a moan about something Hearts related. 

As already said, you can’t feasibly expect that there would be an away support content to just to sit on their hands for a second time during a game when their team is chasing a result. Imagine if some Hearts supporters had unofficially requested that the support sang the Hearts song at Tynecastle and expected the away fans to either sit there quietly while they don’t offer their side support, or even more far-fetched join in?

Edited by Juanjo

17 hours ago, Captain America said:

Does the hatred not go back to an incident in a Texaco cup game many moons ago...It was before my time but growing up in Lanarkshire, I have always been aware of how much hate a sizeable minority had a for us. When I have spoken to Motherwell fans they always seem to bring up the Texaco cup to justify dislike of us. 

Texaco cup, half the motherwell fans wont have been born when that was on, 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

From watching it on BT the Motherwell fans seemed to get annoyed that our fans had the audacity to sing the Hearts song whilst we were on the ascendency and they were having their second thunderclap tribute. The thunderclap is something they do anyway, how are Hearts fans supposed to know when it is for a tribute and when it is just them supporting their team. Besides, as others have said, choose something like a normal clap, not something which clearly lifts your team and atmosphere, if you choose the latter route you cant expect away fans to sit on their hands and not respond. According to the guys on BT theres a real issue in Motherwell/Lanarkshire... so if they did a thunderclap every 5-10 minutes throughout the game for others that have sadly taken their lives, are Hearts fans not allowed to sing at all or only at approved intervals? What if we have a corner, free kick, penalty or even a goal??

If any fans have shouted "he's deid" that's bang out of order although from the tweet posted on the match thread it was suggested a couple of them shouted, not loads in unison or that it was being sung so I doubt Motherwell fans heard it at the time and what they got their knickers in a twist about was Hearts fans daring to sing their own song during play at a football game. Reminds me of a few years ago Man U fans got it tight for daring to sing during You'll never Walk Alone at Anfield on a Hillsborough anniversary weekend, they weren't singing derogatory songs just normal Man U songs, would be a bit like expecting us to sit tight in silence during Sunshine on Leith

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

10 hours ago, Juanjo said:

Her tweet was not remotely representative of the respectful reaction of the Hearts support. There was a very obvious moment of realisation from the young team at the front what the first banner was. At that chants of “wtf is that” quickly changed to applause. It was well received by the Motherwell fans in that corner. Majority of fans around me applauded as well. She made no mention of that, and instead fuelled the social media vilification of the Hearts support. Perhaps in hindsight she feels that it might have been more appropriate to explicitly state that this was a very small number (presumably, as I didn’t hear it). Instead she began rambling about them being 12 years old which leads me to question why you’d even highlight the behaviour of children as if judging them by the same moral code as adults.

Seemed to me someone who was pretty pissed of with their afternoon and wanted a moan about something Hearts related. 

As already said, you can’t feasibly expect that there would be an away support content to just to sit on their hands for a second time during a game when their team is chasing a result. Imagine if some Hearts supporters had unofficially requested that the support sang the Hearts song at Tynecastle and expected the away fans to either sit there quietly while they don’t offer their side support, or even more far-fetched join in?

Why would her tweet need to be representative? Why would anyone tweet about people behaving with exactly the basic standard of decency that you'd expect? This idea that we should be congratulating people for behaving like totally normal members of civilised society seems nuts to me.  Doesn't matter how old they are, or how many of them there were. If they're old enough to understand that someone has died, they're old enough to understand that you shouldn't be using death as some ridiculous point-scoring exercise. That needs to be called out. 

I don't think anyone's arguing that Hearts supporters should sit on their hands, far from it, but it's absolutely fair to expect them not to yell about folk being "deid", regardless of circumstance.

10 hours ago, Juanjo said:

I agree. I really don’t see the point in someone posting it on social media. Whilst not exactly trivial, it doesn’t paint the full picture and doesn’t  do anything other than undermine the support. Every game around the country something offensive will be shouted. Guess it’s the age of social media where everything is documented and scrutinised.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, redm said:

Why would her tweet need to be representative?

Spot on. Lets further indulge this current trend for focusing on the negative.

I'm especially enamoured with the public shaming of each and every misdemenaour committed by anyone, anywhere.

I'm so offended. 

No need for balance. Hang them all.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

Guess it’s the age of social media where everything is documented and scrutinised.

Social media has turned real-life into a low budget parody of Eastenders.

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm especially enamoured with the public shaming of each and every misdemenaour committed by anyone, anywhere.

I'm so offended. 

Correct, GT.

You would think lessons were learned after the last public shaming....which went pear-shaped !

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm so offended. 

It's what the media has been built on for generations, it isn't new. 

Governor Tarkin

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It's what the media has been built on for generations, it isn't new. 

Of course it has. The difference now is that every Tom, Dick, and Harriet with a phone smarter than they are can get in on the act.

5 hours ago, redm said:

Why would her tweet need to be representative? Why would anyone tweet about people behaving with exactly the basic standard of decency that you'd expect? This idea that we should be congratulating people for behaving like totally normal members of civilised society seems nuts to me.  Doesn't matter how old they are, or how many of them there were. If they're old enough to understand that someone has died, they're old enough to understand that you shouldn't be using death as some ridiculous point-scoring exercise. That needs to be called out. 

I don't think anyone's arguing that Hearts supporters should sit on their hands, far from it, but it's absolutely fair to expect them not to yell about folk being "deid", regardless of circumstance.

I didn’t suggest that anyone should be congratulated. 

No issue with calling stuff out. It takes a special sort of vulgarity to think that is ok. I’ll presume you’re not suggesting I’m condoning it. 

I have an issue with the tweet not making it clear that this was a tiny minority, which goes viral and once again vilifies the Hearts support. Cue the reaction on Twitter: “Hearts fans should be ashamed of themselves” etc. 

Edited by Juanjo

3 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'm so offended. 

It's Twitter, it's limited characters, so few people start off any tweet with introductions, background or caveats. "I know Hearts fans are generally pretty decent people with a very long history of gentleman and gentlewomanly behaviour and right now I'm actually surrounded by a few  hundred/thousand of entirely civilised and normal folk but..... " 

People doing unremarkable stuff isn't the sort of thing that motivates folk to pull out their phone and send a tweet. It's not a sign of anything more than someone noticing something that pissed them off and deciding to have a wee rant about it. Kind of like posting on here, but different. I suppose. It's not a Hearts supporter thing, it's an internet and social media thing.

On 17/02/2019 at 18:58, sadj said:

I don’t either. Rather get my spice from cayenne on my millet or cinammon on my oats than a pagger

Moutheye-watering

:oohmatron:

23 minutes ago, redm said:

It's Twitter, it's limited characters, so few people start off any tweet with introductions, background or caveats. "I know Hearts fans are generally pretty decent people with a very long history of gentleman and gentlewomanly behaviour and right now I'm actually surrounded by a few  hundred/thousand of entirely civilised and normal folk but..... " 

People doing unremarkable stuff isn't the sort of thing that motivates folk to pull out their phone and send a tweet. It's not a sign of anything more than someone noticing something that pissed them off and deciding to have a wee rant about it. Kind of like posting on here, but different. I suppose. It's not a Hearts supporter thing, it's an internet and social media thing.

You seem to have misunderstood. Nobody is suggesting you’d tweet congratulations for acting respectfully. I think you know that. 

The tweet misrepresented the majority of the Hearts support and feeds into the narrative that Hearts fans are somehow worse than any other set of fans. 

If you want to challenge and change behaviour then instead of being a passive bystander and typing something on a screen which 1) will have no impact on the offending behaviour,  and 2) will simply feed misinformed social media perceptions then confront it at the time. Anything you walk past you condone. 

Edited by Juanjo

Governor Tarkin

21 minutes ago, redm said:

It's Twitter, it's limited characters, so few people start off any tweet with introductions, background or caveats. 

Which is why it is dangerous.

23 minutes ago, redm said:

Kind of like posting on here, but different. I suppose. 

I don't think it's anything like on here, but then, twitter is a medium I refuse to fully engage with until it inevitably makes it's way on to here.

9 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Texaco cup, half the motherwell fans wont have been born when that was on, 

There was carnage. Thats all I will say!

On 17/02/2019 at 18:29, jake said:

I'm just over 50.

Still like a wee pagger myself .

Admittedly I am slightly tragic with a twist of cool.

?

This made me laugh! ??

20 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Which is why it is dangerous.

I don't think it's anything like on here, but then, twitter is a medium I refuse to fully engage with until it inevitably makes it's way on to here.

It's not dangerous, you just use judgement in same way you do with any other source of info. 

Twitter is good in that it's almost entirely what you make it. Short of some random folk ending up being tweeted onto your timeline (and Twitter showing you stuff it thinks you might like), you choose your own list of folks to read. Anyway, that's a whole other discussion.

Social media is here to stay so we might as well work with, at least until such time that the government cracks up and switches it off cos the people are getting too uppity. ;) 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, redm said:

It's not dangerous, you just use judgement in same way you do with any other source of info. 

In an ideal world. The reality is that relative anonymity and physical dislocation begets a far more confrontational type of debate and normalises polarisation of opinion. It's also an echo chamber for zoomers.

1 minute ago, redm said:

Twitter is good in that it's almost entirely what you make it.

Especially if you're a Russian bot.

1 minute ago, redm said:

Social media is here to stay so we might as well work with, at least until such time that the government cracks up and switches it off cos the people are getting too uppity. ;) 

Or until Skynet wipes us out.

Extreme censorship is the only option. Any jobs going? ;)?

8 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Why is jih still allowed to troll on this board 

The MODS on here know he's a complete simpleton so just allow him to troll this board from time to time.  He's just here for everyone else's amusement these days.