Naismith to MLS?

tartofmidlothian

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
24 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I think Naismith will go to the MLS. The only way he’ll stay at Hearts is if he thinks he is in with a good chance of winning a trophy with us. Sadly we are not good enough for that.

Aye, there's no way he's staying here.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• It should have been ten

41 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I think Naismith will go to the MLS. The only way he’ll stay at Hearts is if he thinks he is in with a good chance of winning a trophy with us. Sadly we are not good enough for that.

Unless he signs for Celtic he does not have a good chance of winning a trophy in Scotland. 

I'd imagine it will depend which MLS teams want him! He might be fussy about where they're based (geographically) and what their status is. 

Then weight that up against offers in the UK.

Here’s my musings on the replacing Naismith angle:

I think it would be virtually impossible to replace him like for like.

I think that if he does stay, then Clare and he will be the best supporting forwards in the Premiership next season.

I think that if Naismith does leave, Clare will be a massive part of our contingency plan for still being good without him.

I think we would have survived our injury horror story better if we had managed to retain Milinkovic.

Nelly Terraces

The bloke would be off his nut not to take an offer for the MLS. Once in a lifetime opportunity to play out there & experience the lifestyle it would offer.

The traveling aspect of the MLS is something hopefully Naismith is taking seriously, its pretty horrific. On and off planes every other week depending on the city, and it almost has the feel of British teams traveling for European games, the distance from teams even in the same league are challenge. Unless your in the northeast of the USA, no real local fixtures.

The MLS season starts here shortly, can we see Naismith jump straight into another season with no real break, uprooting family etc? It must be an offer from a top team for him to be considering it seriously. It can be a fantastic lifestyle depending on the team or city that is offering a contract.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, hmfc1874 said:

The traveling aspect of the MLS is something hopefully Naismith is taking seriously, its pretty horrific. On and off planes every other week depending on the city, and it almost has the feel of British teams traveling for European games, the distance from teams even in the same league are challenge. Unless your in the northeast of the USA, no real local fixtures.

The MLS season starts here shortly, can we see Naismith jump straight into another season with no real break, uprooting family etc? It must be an offer from a top team for him to be considering it seriously. It can be a fantastic lifestyle depending on the team or city that is offering a contract.

I think he will take all of this into account. Playing up frontwith Zlatan in LA though?

Turn that down.....tough

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Here’s my musings on the replacing Naismith angle:

I think it would be virtually impossible to replace him like for like.

I think that if he does stay, then Clare and he will be the best supporting forwards in the Premiership next season.

I think that if Naismith does leave, Clare will be a massive part of our contingency plan for still being good without him.

I think we would have survived our injury horror story better if we had managed to retain Milinkovic.

We have proved this season emphatically we can't replace him like for like. 

Different plan needed should he go.

I was 80 20 he would stay. 60 40 now.

If he has happiness why risk it unless the offer is too attractive to resist. 

15 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The bloke would be off his nut not to take an offer for the MLS. Once in a lifetime opportunity to play out there & experience the lifestyle it would offer.

Must be tempting, Nelly. Going by the way he has spoken about HMFC though, it doesn’t seem as much of a no brainier as you see it. He likes Hearts and is torn despite us not being able to offer the same money.

Its nice when a great player with no historical affiliation with our great tv club just loves being here. Often born and bred Hearts supporters are quicker to run the club down and sink in to depression about us.

HHGH

MLS isn't a great lifestyle choice for a family, wife and child stay at home and player fly's away for a few days, this isn't just Euro adventure, this is a week in week out scenario.

I sincerely hope he stays because it’s not just his intelligence and ability that we miss, it’s the influence he brings to the team. It’ll cost 1million plus to replace him either in the shape of a direct replacement or bringing in 2 or 3 which contribute the same amount as one Steven Naismith. To a lesser extent Djoum as well, he’ll cost a small fortune to replace. 

2 hours ago, siegementality said:

Let’s hope you eat your words by the end of the season. ?

Given his knee injuries over the years , are the pitches in MLS mainly grass or artificial ? Might also be a factor in making up his mind . 

8 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Given his knee injuries over the years , are the pitches in MLS mainly grass or artificial ? Might also be a factor in making up his mind . 

Made of gold apparently. 

Ronald Villiers

North American sports teams usually go 'on the road' for a couple of weeks then play at home for a couple.  This maybe won't suit his family life!  

He carries us week in week out and yet all he will hear will is the Olly Lee song consistently even when he isn’t playing. 

Need to get this man a song ASAP and get behind the team in general.  He said himself that he feels the fans get on the back far too fast. 

59 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

We need to get a banner made basically begging him to stay and have it on show at every game until he signs ??

Might work. ?

4 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Must be tempting, Nelly. Going by the way he has spoken about HMFC though, it doesn’t seem as much of a no brainier as you see it. He likes Hearts and is torn despite us not being able to offer the same money.

Its nice when a great player with no historical affiliation with our great tv club just loves being here. Often born and bred Hearts supporters are quicker to run the club down and sink in to depression about us.

HHGH

No idea what autocorrect and the lagging nature of my phone on this website is trying to do to me here... “tv club”??

Gary Locke said on bt sport that Naisy has just finished doing his house up. This and a new business doesn’t sound like someone moving to the other side of the world

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I think he will take all of this into account. Playing up frontwith Zlatan in LA though?

Turn that down.....tough

Zlatan couldnae lace Steven MacLean’s boots :whistling:

Edited by It should have been ten

portobellojambo1
Just now, Newton51 said:

Gary Locke said on bt sport that Naisy has just finished doing his house up. This and a new business doesn’t sound like someone moving to the other side of the world

I knew he was building down in Ayrshire, cost was in excess of £1 million, but had no idea if it was finished yet or not. It is also in that same area that he has a lot of investment in property, very like Christophe Berra does. These are players who at their stage in their careers don't have to go running here and there to make more money, they've already done that with wise investments.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

:lol:

"Guess where we're moving too...? Cincinnati!"

:what:

Well, good luck with the weather. I’m assuming you won’t be playing soccer in the summer months? Certainly too hot for a 32-34 year-old looking to maximise his playing career. At least Naisy can come back to the warmth  of Scotland in the winter and play for the jam tarts. 

Where are you living just now? 

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

:lol:

Eh? I'm agreeing with you. It's not even the nicest city in Ohio.

I'm not in Cincinnati, by the way. Or Scotland, as it goes.

Sorry, thought you were being serious. Some unlucky folk do have to move there. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
40 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Or Perry Kitchens???????

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

He carries us week in week out and yet all he will hear will is the Olly Lee song consistently even when he isn’t playing. 

Need to get this man a song ASAP and get behind the team in general.  He said himself that he feels the fans get on the back far too fast. 

This!

16 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

He said himself that he feels the fans get on the back far too fast. 

No he didn't. 

A fans journalist piece said he felt the fans got on his back to quickly. 

Money or acclaim? He's still got something to offer Scotland as well as Hearts. My view is that if he thinks he's got a sniff of further caps he'll stay. He certainly merits being in the Scottish squad.

47 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

No he didn't. 

A fans journalist piece said he felt the fans got on his back to quickly. 

Gave the calm down sign to the fans 3 times in the first half against Dundee. 

Anyway there is no chance he'll go to the MLS, cos it's the LMS according to Yogi (Gid honest Scoatish buoys) Hughes on Sportsound last night. 

17 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Where has he said that?

21 minutes ago, Prof said:

Money or acclaim? He's still got something to offer Scotland as well as Hearts. My view is that if he thinks he's got a sniff of further caps he'll stay. He certainly merits being in the Scottish squad.

Johnny Russell is in the squad all the time and plays over there. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Gave the calm down sign to the fans 3 times in the first half against Dundee. 

Livingston. Suspended against Dundee 

20 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I think the complete opposite, I think he would be off his nut to move to that soleless football league.

20 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The money he has he could retire there, go for a year and tour or whatever, go for three months a year......anytime he likes in future

1 hour ago, hoof.hearted said:

Anyway there is no chance he'll go to the MLS, cos it's the LMS according to Yogi (Gid honest Scoatish buoys) Hughes on Sportsound last night. 

Haha I heard that on the podcast this morning. I thought it had been renamed and I had missed that news. No wonder he can't get a job over there.

Naismith is still a young guy, with a young family, why would he not want to maximise his earning potential over the next 2-3 years?! Money might not be his main driver, but there will be a figure that he probably can't turn away from. I hope he stays, but I've gone from confident to hopeful! 

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Maclean has Velcro boots to save his bad back ?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, hoof.hearted said:

I’m always reminded of this Scottish Cup winning manager when people talk about how Intelligent you have to be to do that particular job.