• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• It should have been ten

highlandjambo3

Not so sure here...... he does not need the dosh and, me thinks he won’t uproot his family or, wish to be that far away from them if they stay...... still think der hun might swipe him or he stays with us with a view to coaching.

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Evening News again reporting what another newspaper is saying. How does a newspaper get away with reporting second hand information.

The effectively just sell a paper version of retweets.

Think if he leaves us it will be for America.  Pretty sure he said playing abroad was something he would be interested in.  States give him no language issues for his family so i think this is a possibility

6 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not so sure here...... he does not need the dosh and, me thinks he won’t uproot his family or, wish to be that far away from them if they stay...... still think der hun might swipe him or he stays with us with a view to coaching.

I assume you've seen his bank account? Seen a few folk claim this. No one but Steven and his wife will know whether they need the dosh or not.

Don't really care how much money you do or do not have. If someone offers you multiple times what Hearts are offering you then you'll take it.

4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

He did talk recently about playing abroad being the one big thing he's not done in his career, and that he had to think about whether that's something he'd want to try while he still can. I don't think it would be about money, it would be about experiencing a different lifestyle (both for him and his family), different type of football, etc. 

11 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Quite a few players who go to the States get settled and don't come back. Best of luck to him whatever he does though...!

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Going to the US would be a good lifestyle experience for himself and for his family for the relatively short period they would most likely be over there. 

Ex colleagues of mine did this for short periods of time and loved it. 

I have said on here before that if he leaves us it will be to go to the US. 

My thoughts exactly.

Colorado, for example, is a wonderful part of the country.

Still hoping, however.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Think if he was going to stay he would have signed by now

Not necessarily.

Steven's entitled to wait as long as he desires for other offers, before weighing them up.

I suspect USA will appeal though, as it's a nice way to end your playing days and presumably a good standard of living for his family.

Would be difficult to blame him if he gets a move to the MLS.

Hope he stays for at least one more year though - he is THE leader on the pitch for us.

A_A wehatethehibs

I’m pretty certain he’ll be off next season, there was a time where I thought he would stay but now it just feels like he’ll go

Absolute Scenes

this type of article is one the pant-wetters should stay away from reading

Nothing in that article says he is leaving hearts. Its just carrying on from him saying he's not confirmed what he's doing yet, a few things are drawing him in (including signing with hearts) and as an intelligent footballer as he is, he's not rushing into anything.

I still think he'll sign with hearts

Allowayjambo1874
15 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I assume you've seen his bank account? Seen a few folk claim this. No one but Steven and his wife will know whether they need the dosh or not.

Don't really care how much money you do or do not have. If someone offers you multiple times what Hearts are offering you then you'll take it.

To be fair in the original article written he is quoted  ‘He said: "Later on in your career it is so much more about everything other than the most money and the highest level you can play at.’

Given the EEN is also quoting him on 50k a week at Norwich, his wife I believe is a dentist with own practice and there’s not a sniff of him as ever pissing his money away on gambling etc I think it’s a fair enough shout to say cash ain’t the number one motivator here.

Said for ages, and stand by it, the only reason he won’t sign for us is if he goes to America. He won’t go anywhere else, it’s with us or America. If he gets a decent offer then good luck to him. Would love for him to stay though and don’t believe it’s out the question. 

Just now, Allowayjambo1874 said:

To be fair in the original article written he is quoted  ‘He said: "Later on in your career it is so much more about everything other than the most money and the highest level you can play at.’

Given the EEN is also quoting him on 50k a week at Norwich, his wife I believe is a dentist with own practice and there’s not a sniff of him as ever pissing his money away on gambling etc I think it’s a fair enough shout to say cash ain’t the number one motivator here.

Before he signed in the summer he stated money wasn’t important to him at this stage in his career. 

Naismith is loved at Hearts and that will be a huge factor for him.  He's at home with us and I hope that is enough for him to stay beyond the end of the season.

5 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Before he signed in the summer he stated money wasn’t important to him at this stage in his career. 

It might not be the most important thing but if someone is offering you £5k a week and another offers you, say £15,000 - £20,000, I don't care how well off you are, you're taking it. No one would turn away half a million annually.

Not News.

The idea that a move late in his career to the US had not been considered by him is inconceivable. Who wouldn't want to have a couple of years in the States with a young family if he has one, even if it's just for the experience, never mind the money?

I'd love him to stay with us but if it was me I would be off.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Not News.

The idea that a move late in his career to the US had not been considered by him is inconceivable. Who wouldn't want to have a couple of years in the States with a young family if he has one, even if it's just for the experience, never mind the money?

I'd love him to stay with us but if it was me I would be off.

Just about to say exactly the same. We know all of this already. Lifestyle choice, one he will make with his family and rightly so.

The paper in question also had Niall McGinn as signing a pre-contract with us last winter

Edited by Sir Gio

brunoatemyhamster
45 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Every player says that. 

Arnautovic wants to win trophies. 

I don't blame them, but it's the standard response. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Evening News again reporting what another newspaper is saying. How does a newspaper get away with reporting second hand information.

It's a negative story about Hearts, they can't help themselves

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

He did talk recently about playing abroad being the one big thing he's not done in his career, and that he had to think about whether that's something he'd want to try while he still can. I don't think it would be about money, it would be about experiencing a different lifestyle (both for him and his family), different type of football, etc. 

What you talking about? He played in England....

:leveinproblem:

Fingers crossed he stays.  "Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be." 

I have said for months, the only move SN would consider is likely to be a MLS club or staying in Scotland. We have obviously had talks with him also.

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

I have said for months, the only move SN would consider is likely to be a MLS club or staying in Scotland. We have obviously had talks with him also.

Always had the feeling that we'd keep him unless either a decent MLS club came in or it was something like a new money startup like a hoffenheim/red bull type project. Doubt he'd go anywhere else in the UK.

1 hour ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Exactly. It’s not as though the poster he quoted just made it up. This is all common knowledge from Naismith himself. I’m with others in that I’d like him to stay, but it’s up to him. Hopefully he helps us lift silverware first.

25 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

This was mentioned as a possibility months ago.

Nice to balance out all the shambolic shite at hunbernian with a wee prod at Edinburgh’s big team. ?

I met Naisy’s wife at the POTY Awards last year. Lovely girl and very friendly.

she said they both loved the family atmosphere at the Club.

They had just moved into a new house near her family and they wanted to school their daughter in Scotland.

she said she had told Naisy she would give up her dentistry for his career down south for a period of time, but she was now back home to stay.

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I think he will go abroad,new adventure for him,last move.Would be shocked if he is still with us,next season.

13 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Exactly. It’s not as though the poster he quoted just made it up. This is all common knowledge from Naismith himself. I’m with others in that I’d like him to stay, but it’s up to him. Hopefully he helps us lift silverware first.

The poster in question says he doesn't need the dosh. Saying "it's not all about the money" doesn't mean Naismith doesn't want/need more money. We should maybe ask him to play for free given he doesn't need money?

If, for example Hearts offer him £5k and Birmingham offered him £7k then yes, he may not make a decision based on money. If someone came in at £15,000+ then he'd likely go where the money is. It's that simple.

He’ll leave at some point. Whether it’s this summer or two years or whatever. 

Hopefully he he makes a decision soon, so we can plan accordingly. 

26 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I met Naisy’s wife at the POTY Awards last year. Lovely girl and very friendly.

she said they both loved the family atmosphere at the Club.

They had just moved into a new house near her family and they wanted to school their daughter in Scotland.

she said she had told Naisy she would give up her dentistry for his career down south for a period of time, but she was now back home to stay.

Spot on good lass is Moya ?

Edited by Bongo 1874

This is the one I was worried about. MLS. You can imagine it being quite appealing to him and his family at this point in his career.

Just have to hope that they're actually pretty settled and not keen on the upheaval.

Huge decision for him. There's no doubt that America has obvious advantages over Hearts, especially when his kids are going to be a large part of that decision. There's no better place in the world to educate your children... allied to the lifestyle and climate, it's a tough package to beat. I would argue, though, that those opportunities are more aligned to high school age kids and thereafter the college system over there. Do we know how old his kids are? If they're still primary school age, he may stay a little longer(with us playing), then move them all when they're a bit older and look to continue his career over there coaching, while his kids are at high school.

We can speculate all we want...the answer will be no clearer until SN makes his decision.

alwaysthereinspirit

America would be a great move for him personally. The family thing is different though. He'll be training, playing and travelling while his wife will be home alone with the kids or taking them to a new school/nursery. With no real friends to lean on. Its a big decision. Tougher for them than him at the beginning. Hope its the Revolution if he does move.