Liam McLeod

Shaggy2

24 minutes ago, Locky said:

I very seldom listen to commentary much on Hearts games, and recently, it's been more Laurie Dunsire I've listened to which is enjoyable.

That on Sunday was ****ing horrendous though. He was waffling some stats off that were just completely wrong and the love in for Celtic was incredible. Even the 3 pundits in the studio, former Celtic manager, ex-Hearts player who for some reason ****ing hates us and now works for Celtic TV and Shelley Kerr, who's got **** all to do with either side, but in fairness, she actually was worth listening to. Very complimentary about a brave Hearts performance.

Thank **** I don't pay my TV licence.

Shelley Kerr is a Jambo but tried to be neutral. The others didnt.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riccarton3

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• 4marsbars

Was it just me or did he not give a stat about how only three times in the last three decades of cup finals has a team lost after scoring the first goal. He then went onto list them and forgot about Hearts in last year’s cup final! 

what an idiot. 

3 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Was it just me or did he not give a stat about how only three times in the last three decades of cup finals has a team lost after scoring the first goal. He then went onto list them and forgot about Hearts in last year’s cup final! 

what an idiot. 

Yep, he forgot about it.

Nelly Terraces
Just now, hearts00 said:

I would also say in all the years of Billy Dodds being on radio or TV I can’t think of one moment of good analysis or insight. 

Absolutely spot on. Switched over to the Man U v Leeds game right after ours & the difference in both analysis & insight were night & day. 

Dodds is like listening to bloke down the boozer talking about a game on the TV. Offers zero expertise whatsoever. If people want to know why Scottish football is so utterly gash then the fact this slavering nonentity has actually been involved at coaching at clubs in top level will tell them all.

59 minutes ago, Locky said:

I very seldom listen to commentary much on Hearts games, and recently, it's been more Laurie Dunsire I've listened to which is enjoyable.

That on Sunday was ****ing horrendous though. He was waffling some stats off that were just completely wrong and the love in for Celtic was incredible. Even the 3 pundits in the studio, former Celtic manager, ex-Hearts player who for some reason ****ing hates us and now works for Celtic TV and Shelley Kerr, who's got **** all to do with either side, but in fairness, she actually was worth listening to. Very complimentary about a brave Hearts performance.

Thank **** I don't pay my TV licence.

I agree with everything you say but, as you don;t pay your license fee, your opinion is irrelevant 😜

2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

what an idiot. 

Funnily enough I said during the game that the wee fud hadn't mentioned if Celtic were the first top level team to ship 3 goals to a lower level team in a cup final.

Maybe next year. 

SectionDJambo
7 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I would also say in all the years of Billy Dodds being on radio or TV I can’t think of one moment of good analysis or insight. 

He did say that our expulsion was unjust.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep, he forgot about it.

Can't even get their pre match work correct, if he did any. Probably relies on others to feed him the information.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I agree with everything you say but, as you don;t pay your license fee, your opinion is irrelevant 😜

:lol:

In fairness, I watched the game at my Dads. Although he too, doesn't pay his licence fee. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Locky said:

:lol:

In fairness, I watched the game at my Dads. Although he too, doesn't pay his licence fee. :lol: 

Blimey, a family of crims!

Gordon Ramsay
26 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

He was possibly worse than McLeod. 

Thought he was bipolar. Never heard how a team that can be so, so bad but 10 mins later have turned into Barcelona. Thick, thick guy. 

4 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He was possibly worse than McLeod. 

Thought he was bipolar. Never heard how a team that can be so, so bad but 10 mins later have turned into Barcelona. Thick, thick guy. 

If I was Celtic minded I would have spent the last 20 minutes of the 90 blaming Edouard for Celtic not being comfortable.

He missed 3 good chances early second half and as often didn't look interested. 

It is what it is. Low expectations is a better approach. 

Maroon Sailor

"This is not the Celtic we know"

" There is something not right with them "

They were never behind in 120 plus minutes of football - why did he feel the need to keep repeating this ?

I can't think of a worse commentary for a cup final - truly was horrendous.

Gordon Ramsay
11 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

"This is not the Celtic we know"

" There is something not right with them "

They were never behind in 120 plus minutes of football - why did he feel the need to keep repeating this ?

I can't think of a worse commentary for a cup final - truly was horrendous.

It was honestly just weird.

Everyone knows Celtic are pish this season and underperfoming. The need to repeat it 2000 times provide absolutely no insight whatsoever. 

Dodds is just dumb but McLeod is a wee arse licker. You can tell he's sucked up his whole life to get into that position. 

he's the same any time he commentates on games involving the Mhanky Mhob, regardless of who they are playing. His laundry bill must be huge as the front of his boxers must be a right sticky mess every time they score!!

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Shelley Kerr is a Jambo but tried to be neutral. The others didnt.

Wtf was going on with her hair btw?

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Wtf was going on with her hair btw?

Now we're really getting to the crux of the matter!

As an aside, I have family down south who rarely watch the games but their feedback was as people have said on here. Biased beyond belief. 

You're talking shite,  BBC.

3 hours ago, hearts00 said:

what an idiot. 

Yup: think the other half was a bit surprised at the rant I had about him forgetting what happened in the previous final. Not to worry she eventually got so used to my ranting she was joining in soon after!

Gordon Ramsay
3 minutes ago, smiler said:

Here’s my complaint and here’s their reply. What a load of pish, not my complaint, I thought that was alright.

57EFF9A6-2398-4E2B-9990-069F8DFF3C1C.jpeg

E2B3798A-663E-4A9D-B930-0F781BD0866C.jpeg

I just got the exact same. 

Gorgie Boot boy

Here’s my complaint and here’s their reply. What a load of pish, not my complaint, I thought that was alright.

Why did you continue to listen to the vile ***** ?

I muted it before it started.

10 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Why did you continue to listen to the vile ***** ?

I muted it before it started.

Tbf I didn’t watch / listen to all of it, as I had no choice but to go for a dump midway through the 2nd half.

16 minutes ago, smiler said:

Even that reply is bias. Worst Iv heard on Sunday

alwaysthereinspirit

I agree.  I can taste the condescending attitude seeping through.

1. Your comments were not discussed.

2. They don’t care about a diverse audience. Only the Celtic numbers.

3. A two team event were one or the other was on top or under pressure. Wow, just wow.

4. Impartiality? My @$$.

5. Hearts? Bidding to win.

6. Celtic? Seeking to secure.

7. Thanks for wasting our time.

8. Kind regards. 🤢🤮

9. Complaint team. Phil from the mailroom.

17 minutes ago, smiler said:

Your complaint was measured and concise, their response was a load of lies and their last line about the ‘historic quadruple treble’ tells you all you need to know.

I had issues with the commentary on Sunday but I am a Liam McLeod apologist generally. He at least tries to follow the Martin Tyler model of creating a deeper narrative to the game than often exists. His mistake on Saturday was failing to capitalise on the equally interesting take of Hearts refusing to lie down to the club who benefitted most from their expulsion last year. Celtic's collapse and Lennon's future was compelling and added to the drama watching at home, but he was far too repetitive.  

As a tv commentator, his job is to try and tell a story which he did. Surely none of us need someone to tell us that Kingsley has passed the ball to White when we've seen it with our own eyes. I personally never felt he was biased at any point. Actually Hearts winning would have given his commentary more weight.

Billy Dodds added nothing as usual but I think, in the age of long form football writing and podcasts, this sort of on-the-spot analysis is rarely done well. He is particularly useless and in the 'he crossed it and then he headed it' school of insight.

Gordon Ramsay
3 minutes ago, plastic_bas said:

I had issues with the commentary on Sunday but I am a Liam McLeod apologist generally. He at least tries to follow the Martin Tyler model of creating a deeper narrative to the game than often exists. His mistake on Saturday was failing to capitalise on the equally interesting take of Hearts refusing to lie down to the club who benefitted most from their expulsion last year. Celtic's collapse and Lennon's future was compelling and added to the drama watching at home, but he was far too repetitive.  

As a tv commentator, his job is to try and tell a story which he did. Surely none of us need someone to tell us that Kingsley has passed the ball to White when we've seen it with our own eyes. I personally never felt he was biased at any point. Actually Hearts winning would have given his commentary more weight.

Billy Dodds added nothing as usual but I think, in the age of long form football writing and podcasts, this sort of on-the-spot analysis is rarely done well. He is particularly useless and in the 'he crossed it and then he headed it' school of insight.

If you never thought he was biased at any point you watched a different game from me. 

I could practically smell Lennons last jobbie on his lips through my TV. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

7 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

If you never thought he was biased at any point you watched a different game from me. 

He was obsessed with the Celtic situation but not in the sense that he was desperate for them to win. He seemed to be reveling in the drama of their inevitable collapse. It was good TV from his point of view but he definitely over egged the pudding and it grated a fair bit.

Edited by plastic_bas

Gorgie Boot boy
13 minutes ago, smiler said:

Tbf I didn’t watch / listen to all of it, as I had no choice but to go for a dump midway through the 2nd half.

Spirit.

I've just been fobbed off with this from the BBC.

Thanks for contacting us regarding Sportscene: Scottish Cup Final on 20 December. Your comments have been discussed with BBC Sport Scotland editors.

We understand that the range of tastes and opinions held by our audience is so diverse that it's inevitable some viewers will dislike or disapprove of certain presenters, commentators or other contributors to our coverage from time to time.

We’re satisfied that the coverage, from our experienced team, of this dramatic final – probably one of the most see-saw finals ever with one or other of the teams on top or under pressure, depending on when you tuned in and where your allegiances lie – was delivered with due impartiality and fairness throughout and appropriately reflected the dramatic swings and changing nature of the game as well as the context of the occasion, Championship leaders Hearts bidding to win their 9th Scottish Cup and holders Celtic seeking to secure a historic quadruple treble.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards,

I've answered of course, but I won't be holding my breath.

If you want any further evidence of BBC Celtic bias just pop on to “BBC Scottish Football” page - Celtic, Celtic, Celtic with barely a mention of Hearts! 😏

24 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I've just been fobbed off with this from the BBC.

Thanks for contacting us regarding Sportscene: Scottish Cup Final on 20 December. Your comments have been discussed with BBC Sport Scotland editors.

We understand that the range of tastes and opinions held by our audience is so diverse that it's inevitable some viewers will dislike or disapprove of certain presenters, commentators or other contributors to our coverage from time to time.

We’re satisfied that the coverage, from our experienced team, of this dramatic final – probably one of the most see-saw finals ever with one or other of the teams on top or under pressure, depending on when you tuned in and where your allegiances lie – was delivered with due impartiality and fairness throughout and appropriately reflected the dramatic swings and changing nature of the game as well as the context of the occasion, Championship leaders Hearts bidding to win their 9th Scottish Cup and holders Celtic seeking to secure a historic quadruple treble.

Kind regards,

I've answered of course, but I won't be holding my breath.

Pile of shite probably written by Chick Young! I don’t remember MacLeod mention we were going for 9 cup wins!

He did say at the start of the game that Gordon had won the cup twice with Celtic - didn’t bother mentioning he had also won it with Hearts!!

Edited by Thomaso

50 minutes ago, plastic_bas said:

"Bias is a disproportionate weight in favor of or against an idea or thing, usually in a way that is closed-minded,"

I've rarely ever listened to the guy previously (thankfully) but I thought his attitude towards all things Celtic on Sunday more than fits the criteria for "bias". 

He lacks maturity & balance , he's too excitable and he spoils the show with his schoolboy screaming. He's actually totally unlike Tyler (who I consider a total bore), who I used to like but now think is well past his use-by date - but it's all about opinions. 

I completely agree re Dodds - get him in the bin. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
17 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The bbc is a shit show. 

Football bias is the least of it's concerns. 

Dodds was worse, no insight, Celtic cheerleader and generally dull as ****. 

Not going to mention O'Neil, don't think he was biased, just went on like an auld drunk when asked a question to the point he forgot what question he was answering. ****ing idiot. 

O'neill seemed gagging for a fight with Michael Stewart haha. Also made a pointed remark about basement dwelling ex pros which was blatantly about Stewart. 

Tbf to Stewart he was quite measured as o Neill was winding him up. O Neill is just a bitter queen.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Premier Sports was ok. I'm glad I chose that option.

By the way Michael Stewart doesn't work for Celtic TV.

Doesn't he? Ah well. I seen he was meant to go work for them.

1 hour ago, plastic_bas said:

He was ecstatic with Celtic two ahead. Lost the plot when he realised it was game on. That is it . In a nutshell. As a neutral commentator, unacceptable. So much is said with tone of voice which that BBC knows well and good. We all heard his tone when things began to unravel and to finish by wondering what Hearts players would do with their medals after recovering from 2 nil and 2-3? ****ing extraordinary.

Bazzas right boot
56 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

O'neill seemed gagging for a fight with Michael Stewart haha. Also made a pointed remark about basement dwelling ex pros which was blatantly about Stewart. 

Tbf to Stewart he was quite measured as o Neill was winding him up. O Neill is just a bitter queen.

O'Neill was 100% spot on in regards to Stewart tho. 

He rips folk to bits but was very average as a player and has never managed. 

If Stewart could rein himself in he'd be OK but he's exactly what O'Neill said imo. 

Alex MacDonald

Good afternoon.
Yesterday afternoon I watched the Scottish Cup Final on BBC Scotland's Sportscene.
The whole programme was spoiled by the unnacceptable bias shown to Celtic by commentator Liam McLeod, and his co-commentator Billy Dodds.  A cup final should be a level playing field, with both teams receiving equal coverage, irrespective of their status and geographical location, but this was an embarrassment. For the whole commentary, McLeod focussed on Celtic, with Dodds following suit. It was like Hearts were a foreign team in a European tie, with Celtic being urged on to win the cup. There was scant reference to the differences in budget between the 2 sides, the fight that Hearts were showing in coming back twice,  and little evidence of any research being carried out on the Hearts playing squad. It was a completely Glasgow-centric commentary. Was that deliberate, was that what McLeod was encouraged to do by the production team or was that his own approach? Thousands of Hearts supporters will have muted the commentary, or watched the Premier Sports coverage.  The anger concerning the commentary is tangible, and you've further alienated a large number of football fans in the east. Bias towards Rangers and Celtic has always been present, but yesterday was obscene. Zero impartiality or respect, and for so many, it spoilt what was an incredible game to watch.  It won't do anything to encourage many folk to pay their licence fee. BBC Scotland's football coverage has not given clubs outwith Glasgow fair representation for as long as I can remember. Midweek Sportsound and Saturday Sportsound are unlistenable, with pundits/presenters who are not fit for purpose. It's an old boys network that needs to go if you want to be respected and taken seriously again. Is Liam McLeod and Billy Dodds the best you can do for our top games, is that our elite commentary team? If so, you really have a problem.

Dear Mr MacDonald 

Kind regards,

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Looks like we were all sent the same pathetic reply. We know they don't give a damn, and based 2 miles from Parkhead and half a mile from Ibrox, the last thing they'll do is anything to remotely upset a group of obsessed fans, who have history of threatening journalists. The sports department at BBC Scotland is staffed and run by OF fans, so any football output will have Scotland's shame as their main focus, irrespective of the strength of any other story. It's a tabloid set-up, and they'll do all they can to maintain it. 

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

He works for Sunset and Vine who produce BT Sport and Celtic TV are contracted to them.

So he commentates Celtic games shown on Celtic TV. 

Or he doesn't?

6 minutes ago, Alex MacDonald said:

Good afternoon.
Yesterday afternoon I watched the Scottish Cup Final on BBC Scotland's Sportscene.
The whole programme was spoiled by the unnacceptable bias shown to Celtic by commentator Liam McLeod, and his co-commentator Billy Dodds.  A cup final should be a level playing field, with both teams receiving equal coverage, irrespective of their status and geographical location, but this was an embarrassment. For the whole commentary, McLeod focussed on Celtic, with Dodds following suit. It was like Hearts were a foreign team in a European tie, with Celtic being urged on to win the cup. There was scant reference to the differences in budget between the 2 sides, the fight that Hearts were showing in coming back twice,  and little evidence of any research being carried out on the Hearts playing squad. It was a completely Glasgow-centric commentary. Was that deliberate, was that what McLeod was encouraged to do by the production team or was that his own approach? Thousands of Hearts supporters will have muted the commentary, or watched the Premier Sports coverage.  The anger concerning the commentary is tangible, and you've further alienated a large number of football fans in the east. Bias towards Rangers and Celtic has always been present, but yesterday was obscene. Zero impartiality or respect, and for so many, it spoilt what was an incredible game to watch.  It won't do anything to encourage many folk to pay their licence fee. BBC Scotland's football coverage has not given clubs outwith Glasgow fair representation for as long as I can remember. Midweek Sportsound and Saturday Sportsound are unlistenable, with pundits/presenters who are not fit for purpose. It's an old boys network that needs to go if you want to be respected and taken seriously again. Is Liam McLeod and Billy Dodds the best you can do for our top games, is that our elite commentary team? If so, you really have a problem.

Dear Mr MacDonald 

Kind regards,

BBC Complaints Team

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Looks like we were all sent the same pathetic reply. We know they don't give a damn, and based 2 miles from Parkhead and half a mile from Ibrox, the last thing they'll do is anything to remotely upset a group of obsessed fans, who have history of threatening journalists. The sports department at BBC Scotland is staffed and run by OF fans, so any football output will have Scotland's shame as their main focus, irrespective of the strength of any other story. It's a tabloid set-up, and they'll do all they can to maintain it. 

Your email was well  produced and thought out  and deserved more than the template response. And there we have the standards the BBC sets for its customers. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

So the BBC are saying no bias was shown. That must be the most ridiculous answer ever to be issued by a public service broadcaster there to serve the football watching fraternity as a whole.

90% of the talk was about Celtic and how good they were but the tone was completely different when we were on top, even those with no attachment to Hearts surely could see that. Incredible!

It was summed up with Whites sublime piece of skill leading to our first goal, flick on pirouette thing leaving the Celtic defender for dead. "Good play from White" was the comment, I can only imagine the high pitched gushing had that been Christie.  

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've no idea. What I do know is that Michael doesn't work for Celtic TV. They don't pay him. Sunset & Vine are his employers.

Pedantic but factual.

A lot of people use the term 'works for'. Works for the Government the most common when often its like you saying Michael Stewart works for someone else.

Actually Gary Linekar mostly doesn't work for the BBC when he's on the BBC. Or when he's on Bein Sports. 

Michael Stewart is working for Celtic TV. He might be paid by someone else on a 3rd party contract. 

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've no idea. What I do know is that Michael doesn't work for Celtic TV. They don't pay him. Sunset & Vine are his employers.

Pedantic but factual.

quite admiring of how much this gloriously obtuse point sounds just like something Michael Stewart would say

*settles in for 6 pages of argument about who generates Michael Stewart's P60*

Just now, EH11 2NL said:

It was summed up with Whites sublime piece of skill leading to our first goal, flick on pirouette thing leaving the Celtic defender for dead. "Good play from White" was the comment, I can only imagine the high pitched gushing had that been Christie.  

I accept there wasn't time for everything. But compared to other shite they and the studio pundits mentioned, nothing about us having 2 players who had basically had their careers ended by injury. 

But who both fought back to play in the biggest club game in Scotland. 

1 minute ago, strophic said:

quite admiring of how much this gloriously obtuse point sounds just like something Michael Stewart would say

*settles in for 6 pages of argument about who generates Michael Stewart's P60*

Dominic Cummings technically didn't work for the Government.

Michael Stewart works for Celtic tv. 

5 hours ago, smiler said:

Yup, i just got the exact same response.

It's a pretty laughable situation when the complaint is dealt with by the producers of the very show you are complaining about. 

What a load of bollocks.