• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• Top Corner

• Lambo85

• Beast Boy

Not been the same since he came back, maybe the injury has left it's mark and he's doing the best he can, he just isn't nowhere near the same player as he was, and the worst is the opposition now know it and are targeting him by trying to expose him all the time.

He is not comfortable on left of a 3. I would not be playing him.  It leaves him exposed.  Opposition load up the other side so we give him the ball cause they know he will just shell it up the park giving them possession back. I wonder what our coaches are watching at times 

11 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Honest opinion.....If he didn't have the armband he wouldn't be playing. 

Sadly I have to agree

Very poor since coming back from injury.

Can't play in a back 3 either, needs to go back to being paired with soapy and 2 proper full backs.  Not sure if our injuries + suspension will let us play with full backs though.  Think at least mulraney will need to play at wing back again.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

1  1/2 defenders. 

Well he was. Unfortunately he's not any longer. 

Craig needs to adjust to this. 

Has to play in a back 4 or not at all. He breaks down the play and has zero ability to distribute quickly. Gives the ball away so often. He is a great defender. First half today very poor.

25 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Had a poor few weeks and absolutely at fault for the first goal. 

Shares the blame with Mulraney imo.

But aye, poor for a few weeks now.

4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Shares the blame with Mulraney imo.

But aye, poor for a few weeks now.

Hard to blame mulraney, on what planet is he ever going to compete physically with that Main guy?

I don't think mulraney should be playing wing back, but this sort of thing will happen when he is played there.  He's a wee tricky winger type, not someone who's going to be keeping possession against big target men when he needs to use his strength.

Berra was rushed back from his injury as we where going through a rough patch. Looks totally devoid of confidence and can barely get up to 3/4 pace when he’s running. 

Maybe needs taken out the team team to work on his fitness for a bit. 

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

He has been lucky in a few games recently not to get the Vanecek treatment.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Give the armband to naisy and drop berra. Something clearly amiss right now.

avhudtheteeshirt

Today I thought Berra needed a full back outside him as Motherwell were always trying to get him on 1 on 1 out on the right.

With the young boys pace Berra was never likely to keep up.

Losing Smith has stop our defense having decent cover with 3 at the back.

Think we need to revert to straight back 4.

58 minutes ago, savage said:

He is not comfortable on left of a 3. I would not be playing him.  It leaves him exposed.  Opposition load up the other side so we give him the ball cause they know he will just shell it up the park giving them possession back. I wonder what our coaches are watching at times 

Teams did the same when Rossi played esp noticeable v Aberdeen) - were happy to give him as much possession as he wanted.

I was screaming at the telly, "Stop backing off;" at that first goal.

He looked more comfortable when Garuccio came on (for a while).

His whole personality on the pitch has changed, it's nothing to do with his position or his injury.

He was dominating the defence last season, he was controlling everything in defence, he now looks lost and unfocused and is not in control.

Need him to pull the ****in finger out imo.

1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

His whole personality on the pitch has changed, it's nothing to do with his position or his injury.

He was dominating the defence last season, he was controlling everything in defence, he now looks lost and unfocused and is not in control.

Need him to pull the ****in finger out imo.

stage fright????

I've got two lines of thought on Berra, 1. he's been rushed back into action too quickly at his age after such a serious injury and 2. he should not be exposed way out in the left back position, his main strength is in the centre of defence with his ball winning ability in heading and his strength in the tackle, he aint no Fyssas, elegant he aint, distribution and speed out on the wing are just not his thing.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Levein is partly to blame here. Play to your players strength, not shoehorn them in to a position they're not comfortable with. Play him centrally, in a back 4 or not at all.

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

18 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

stage fright????

Maybe a fear of injuring himself again, subconsciously not going the extra mile. 

His attitude has changed. 

I’ve no worries over Berra. He’s been a bit shaky compared to his usual imperious self, but he’ll sort that out. To be writing him off as crocked and finished is sadly typical of modern day supporters unfortunately. Only thing that concerns me slightly, is the rapid rise of Souttar meaning he will be gone before he can pass on the knowledge to young Hamilton. 

Christophe is one of the best defenders in the league but looks to have lost a bit pace since his injury.

I like a back 3 but if we’re going to play it, keep Christophe the central of the 3 and stop hanging him out covering the left channel where he doesn’t have the pace. 

I’d be punting Shaughnessy and bringing in a quick left sided centerhalf in the summer which will hopefully give us better balance. 

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He never had pace imo.

He was lacking in that department but the injury has pushed him into Hughes territory .

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I’ve no worries over Berra. He’s been a bit shaky compared to his usual imperious self, but he’ll sort that out. To be writing him off as crocked and finished is sadly typical of modern day supporters unfortunately. Only thing that concerns me slightly, is the rapid rise of Souttar meaning he will be gone before he can pass on the knowledge to young Hamilton. 

No worries? He can't keep up with anyone with any sort of pace. That's nothing to worry about?

Jesus. 

Just now, Top Corner said:

No worries? He can't keep up with anyone with any sort of pace. That's nothing to worry about?

Jesus. 

Thought you had “no desire to converse with” me? Maybe stick to that and spend more time scrubbing your panties. ??

53 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Give the armband to naisy and drop berra. Something clearly amiss right now.

Absolutely agree with this. I’d rather have Dikamona than Berra right now. He also cost us  a goal at Killie. He can’t pass a ball unless it’s under 10 yards and it’s anybody guess where the ball lands from his headed clearances. I don’t think he even knows himself. His confidence has gone and he doesn’t command his area like he used to. You can’t even hear him shouting at players these days. He needs dropped ASAP. If it’s good enough for Vanacek then it’s good enough for Berra. Definitely needs to play in a back 4 as that’s his strongest position 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

He needs rested. He's been pish of late but I'm not going to jump the gun and write him off.

Had a shocker of an injury, he's 34 but could still have a few years left in him yet.

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Thought you had “no desire to converse with” me? Maybe stick to that and spend more time scrubbing your panties. ??

I don't. 

You're absolutely clueless. 

No offence. 

5 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

He was lacking in that department but the injury has pushed him into Hughes territory .

You’re an absolute arsehole. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

You’re welcome. 

Maybe not the best time to be winding folk up with your pish. 

I'm not winding folk up. 

He has no worries that Berra has become slower than turtle....

2 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

I'm not winding folk up. 

No offence, but you are utterly clueless. 

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

I'm not winding folk up. 

He isn't slow but he is out of form. He will come back. Just not in a three man defence.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

He isn't slow but he is out of form. He will come back. Just not in a three man defence.

The anchor in the middle of a 3 when he's fully fit.

Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

Ok. 

He's fast. 

I dunno why players keep running past him. 

Must just be my eyes.