SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko

WorldChampions1902

2 minutes ago, Australis...... said:

Wonder what wonderful official they will give us for the Partick game.

Madden, just remember you heard it here first.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GorgieRules22

• been here before

• Boab

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Really enjoyed Ross 2-2 ICT (much better than that Boca/River crap before Christmas). 

Happy with the draw. 

Do(t)nut in lockdown.

:robboyas:

2 derbies that have never been compared before! 

All 4 games will be live on tv.

From SFA website;

Supporters will be able to watch four live matches in Rounds 4 to 6, with both broadcasters each screening two live games per round on an exclusive basis. In the later stages of the tournament, Premier Sports will broadcast one semi-final exclusively while the other semi-final and the final will be shown across both channels.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-announce-scottish-cup-broadcasting-deals/

Absolutely delighted with the draw - although I'm sure Partick won't be too devastated either. A great draw all round for the non OF teams.

Would love if we get the whole of the Jackie Husband stand but 1/2 of that and the usual one would do lovely. Think I remember the Motherwell QF caused a ticket scramble the last time when that was on TV so should sell out whatever we're given.

Huge chance here, don't **** it up Hearts.

13 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Don't like it. 

Yes on paper it looks good but these are the cup games I fear most.

Aye cause Celtic would have been much better.....you must be the only one who doesn’t like it.....:notsure:

Don't like it. 

Aye cause Celtic would have been much better.....you must be the only one who doesn’t like it.....:notsure:

Don't like it. 

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Madden, just remember you heard it here first.

It will be Beaton, Dallas will get the sheep v huns game and cardinal collum will get? 

Yes yiu guessed it. 

1 minute ago, goldie83 said:

Sorry guys and girls......phone problems ?

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

2 derbies that have never been compared before! 

:lol:

Had low expectations about the game tonight, even thought about swerving it and watching Corrie with her indoors. 

Glad I didn't. 

Off to see the Twilight Sad at the Barras on the 2nd so an afternoon tie at Firhill could make this a tremendous day through West.

Stick on the tie is moved now...

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

they seem to have picked up and are undefeated in 2019

Yeah heard them say that after I posted, still rooted to the bottom though. Reminded me of the old joke about Gary ****ing Caldwell being the first doubled barrelled Scotland international not Craig Mackeill-Smith.

17 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

TF for that late Ross equaliser otherwise it was a trip to Kilmarnock or Ibrox

Can you explain that one? Something to do with the numbers?

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Off to see the Twilight Sad at the Barras on the 2nd so an afternoon tie at Firhill could make this a tremendous day through West.

Stick on the tie is moved now...

Supposed to be going to that gig too but I'm now going to a 40th in London. A bit gutted to be missing the gig and probably the tie too.

Auldreidy1874

Great draw, shouldn't underestimate the Jags but I'm sure we can get passed them. Then one more game before correcting the wrongs of 5 - 1 in the final and routing the Hobos in the final. Simples.

4 minutes ago, h-e-a-r-t-s said:

Can you explain that one? Something to do with the numbers?

The numbers related to the teams in alphabeticl order, Inverness winning would have changed the positions.

3 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Supposed to be going to that gig too but I'm now going to a 40th in London. A bit gutted to be missing the gig and probably the tie too.

So you’re saying you have a ticket for the gig going...??

3 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

That's a sore one.

I hope this 40th has a free bar!

1 minute ago, graygo said:

The numbers related to the teams in alphabeticl order, Inverness winning would have changed the positions.

Though Billy Dodds head would have been all the place with a Ross County defeat so he would have picked different balls. 

ToadKiller Dog

Going to be a Hearts v Hibs final, they will do the dirty work for us knocking out the Ugly sisters. 

We then destroy them and the delusions they will have in the final. 

8 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Absolutely serious. Our away form isn't reliable. If we had Partick at home I would be delighted. Away from home I predict we will start slow, look unorganised and probably make things as difficult we can for ourselves. 

I wish it was different but that seems to be the way of things for us. All we need is for them to be on a horrendous run of form and have a striker who hasn't scored in about 3 months and we will be in real trouble.

Prince Buaben
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You want Rangers  to win games.

A Stevie Gerrard fanboy maybe. 

Don't think i said that.. 

I said the BBC want Rangers to win

:facepalm:

Until TV decides there's no real idea if it will be early or late afternoon …..or even if course an evening tie

It will almost certainly be on one of the TV channels

Lowest ranked side left in the competition (though of course away) but there will be a good allocation available

Just now, Bauld said:

Absolutely serious. Our away form isn't reliable. If we had Partick at home I would be delighted. Away from home I predict we will start slow, look unorganised and probably make things as difficult we can for ourselves. 

I wish it was different but that seems to be the way of things for us. All we need is for them to be on a horrendous run of form and have a striker who hasn't scored in about 3 months and we will be in real trouble.

I take your point but to have been drawn against the  lowest ranked team in the competition either home or away is definitely a good thing considering what it could have been. 

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Not sure if I could handle another all Edinburgh final. 

The build up is just too much.

Not going to happen. Even if we get through there’s no chance the wee team are beating Celtic. Hopefully Killie will do that for us in the semi as we pump Dundee Utd. 

1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

Not going to happen. Even if we get through there’s no chance the wee team are beating Celtic. Hopefully Killie will do that for us in the semi as we pump Dundee Utd. 

the dream scenario.

Prince Buaben
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

.net on lockdown. Wonder what they are raging about. ??

Probably arranging a wee surprise party for Celtic when they come to town. Don't want to spoil it.

9 minutes ago, Bauld said:

We’ve won at Motherwell, Hibs, Killie (twice), Dundee, Dunfermline and Hamilton this season. Away form not bad at all. 

I think we will simply have too much for Thistle.  

Edited by MattyK82

9 minutes ago, Bauld said:

A win on Saturday and we will have the second best away form in the league this season as long as st Johnstone dontget more than a draw at ibrox 

Can't remember us drawing the lowest ranked team 2 rounds in a row in the Scottish Cup. Great opportunity, we just need to win and see what unfolds around us. 

Prince Buaben
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

You want sevco to get through. Very good yourself. Strange and bizarre 

No i dont... I said the BBC do as it gets them more viewers.

yep thats strange. 

Nelly Terraces
19 minutes ago, Ski Nae said:

You'll not get to wear your Raybans though ?

Heh heh, never know, might keep the goggles on as a lucky charm for the cup run.?:D

The obvious thing for the pundits (including Michael Stewart) to say was that Hearts would be happy to avoid the Old Firm and possibly Aberdeen. Not a bit of it - it was all about Partick''s chances.

My earlier prediction is still almost on.  I predicted us at home against Partick, I'll take an away tie there though.  Also predicted United versus the winners of the highland clash, with us to get the winners of that tie in the semi final.

Just hope Hibs can beat Celtic then either Aberdeen or Rangers in the semi final, so we can pump them for a third time in a Scottish Cup final.

One thing's for sure, if we were to find ourselves 4-1 up against a 10 man Hibs side after 5 minutes played in the second half, with Levein as manager, there would be no letting up.

• redm changed the title to SC Draw - Partick Thistle Away for QFs - Monday 4th March 19:05 ko