Albert Finney

chubby1973

One of the great British actors. His Hercules Poirot in " Murder on the orient express" was the finest no matter what others claims. A working class hero who played some great working class characters. Unlucky to never win an Oscar. He didn't suck up to the elitist British honours system as he declined any " honours". RIP

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

One of the great British actors. His Hercules Poirot in " Murder on the orient express" was the finest no matter what others claims. A working class hero who played some great working class characters. Unlucky to never win an Oscar. He didn't suck up to the elitist British honours system as he declined any " honours". RIP

Hercules Poirot, strong performance.

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hercules Poirot, strong performance.

As a teenager I read all the Christie books and I remember the excitement when the film premiered on the telly in 1980....( yeah im that old) and He was Poirot in every way. The film is outstanding in every way, music is brilliant and amazing acting turns from an all star cast especially Ingrid Bergman * she won an Oscar for it , Wendy Hiller and John Gielgud amongst many others. 

I used to work tables in a British restaurant on Sunset Blvd. It was opposite the famous Chateau Marmont, so any British celebs in town for a few days would stop by our place. I had the pleasure of waiting on Albert Finney a couple of times. He was easily one of the nicest men that ever walked the planet. I recall one night he came back to our prep station for a blether. So one of the other waiters, surprised by this, remarked to him " You're so down to earth, you've obviously never forgotten where you came from, who you were". Albert replied " Actually I've never forgotten who I am and where I come from. Very humble man. 

Edited by Boston Jambo

23 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

As a teenager I read all the Christie books and I remember the excitement when the film premiered on the telly in 1980....( yeah im that old) and He was Poirot in every way. The film is outstanding in every way, music is brilliant and amazing acting turns from an all star cast especially Ingrid Bergman * she won an Oscar for it , Wendy Hiller and John Gielgud amongst many others. 

It's Hercule, not Hercules. :D But I do agree. ?

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It's Hercule, not Hercules. :D But I do agree. ?

Yeah I know but it was predictive text and i couldn't be arsed changing it and didnt think anyone would notice ! or be that picky !

He was also incredible in Dennis Potters last two tv shows..."  Karaoke " and " Cold Lazarus" 

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

I will watch one of my favourite pictures Saturday Night Sunday Morning tonight in tribute. RIP. 

“Don’t let the *******s grind you down”.  Fitting words in the catastro**** we find ourselves in today.

1 hour ago, Glottis said:

He absolutely steals the show in the fantastic Big Fish.

Probably Tim Burton's last good film and Finney is a major part of this.

Bingo, he was fantastic in a so many roles but he was outstanding in this, an oft overlooked film for shame 

5 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

“Don’t let the *******s grind you down”.  Fitting words in the catastro**** we find ourselves in today.

I'm watching it now, great film for laughing at old style battleaxes