Tonight

jock _turd

Were the team instructed to play in that fashion or are they just incapable following the manager's instructions and play decent football? There has to be some reason why we are incapable of scoring against a team who, as anybody could see did the square roote of zip allnight. And yet we at home were completely aimless in our approach to the game. How many times did we start out play out to our lefthand side and so close to the touchline that before we reached the halfway line we were already looking to pass the ball backwards.

Selkirkhmfc1874

2 points dropped that's for sure ! Pointless going to killie and winning then dropping 2 points to livvy at home, was woeful performance 

A lot of things wrong tonight but glaringly for me was lack of know-how.  

Even the lack of thrust and endeavour to get beyond the opposition was lacking when we needed to push.  

Some serious questions for Levein to answer. The style of football and general attacking play since the middle of October has been an utter disgrace. 

1 minute ago, savage said:

That was garbage and olly lee is garbage.  He sucks the tempo out the team

Should have been the first one subbed. Utterly pedestrian and zero urgency. Any half decent attack was spoiled when the ball made its way to him. 

The way the team was set up did not get the best of the players. Should never play a 3 at the back where you’re going to have most of the play. Particularly when Berra is  playing as he can’t play from the back. It’s also a waste of a man. 

Playing negatively against Livi at home ffs. Alarm bells should have been ringing tactically when they played only one up front against our 3 centre half’s and instead had an extra man in midfield. 

Absolute hoofball to Naisy in the first half up against 3 massive physical centre halves with nobody near him. How Olly Lee stayed on is beyond me, he sucks all the pace and tempo out of our game and still plays like he is down south when he can afford to walk about and have 4,5,6 touches on the ball. 

Too many players of it yet again, absolute bottle merchants the lot of them. We simply lack creativity to break down teams who have deep blocks, recent examples include tonight, Dundee, Killie (home) and then Livi in the cup and we scraped past Hamilton and Motherwell before the break. 

loveofthegame

Our inconsistency is beyond frustrating. Appalling v Dundee, play some great stuff v St Johnstone, brilliant win at Killie then go out and look like we could play for the next 10 hours v Livi and not score.

Our aimless punts up the park in the games v Dundee and Livi have done my head in.

Djoum was great tonight. Souttar was decent. The rest weren't up to it.

Stabbed myself in the throat.

Just can't understand why we allow others teams into our stadium to play against us.

It's criminal.

I love Levein as a person but he is an absolutely shite football manager. We will NEVER, and I mean NEVER be winners under him and supergran.

Lee was poor aside from his dead balls in. No fast football from him, wanted ages to make a decision. Some really poor passes too. And he never tries to win a header, just shites it.

Why Levein took off Bozanic was baffling! He has fight and plays quick passes at least.

Mitchell offered nothing that Mulraney wasn't already doing (and he was not doing much anyway). He should've taken Clare off for Vanecek.

Second half just got shitter and shitter, ball being lumped up in the air too much. OK Livi made things really difficult, but the second half we had no midfield because Lee was being a ballet dancer instead.

Djoum had a good game though.

No pace, no creativity, too pedestrian and zero creativity.

Thats not tonight I’m talking about but the last 4 months.

What does Cochrane have to do to get some minutes on the pitch. 

8 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Should have been the first one subbed. Utterly pedestrian and zero urgency. Any half decent attack was spoiled when the ball made its way to him. 

This. At least Bozniak showed a bit of urgency. Lee was dead slow and stop all night.

sidjamesbottle
15 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Were the team instructed to play in that fashion or are they just incapable following the manager's instructions and play decent football? There has to be some reason why we are incapable of scoring against a team who, as anybody could see did the square roote of zip allnight. And yet we at home were completely aimless in our approach to the game. How many times did we start out play out to our lefthand side and so close to the touchline that before we reached the halfway line we were already looking to pass the ball backwards.

we have too many players who need too many touches to get the ball under control, the way to beat a packed defence is to move the ball quickly we cant do that

Nelly Terraces
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I love Levein as a person but he is an absolutely shite football manager. We will NEVER, and I mean NEVER be winners under him and supergran.

Nailed it.

11 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

The way the team was set up did not get the best of the players. Should never play a 3 at the back where you’re going to have most of the play. Particularly when Berra is  playing as he can’t play from the back. It’s also a waste of a man. 

Yeah this is a real problem. Berra was terrible at Rugby Park as in a 3 gets a lot of the ball and it isn’t pretty. 

Problem is is we have not a single decent wide midfielder at the club which is really starting to hurt us. Therefore feels like three at the back would make sense. 

We can’t play three at the back with Berra. Levein has to have a look at himself. Trying to be too clever. He’s asked Naismith to stand in front of their keeper at every kick. Ball comes back, he’s offside. Clare, Lee and Mulraney. Shite. He takes off Bozanic. Staggering.  Brings on Morrison and takes off Shaugnassy. Straight swap with smith would’ve made more sense. 

Utter tripe tonight . 

Far to negative. .i can take dropping points if we are playing well and being a bit unlucky, but that along with the Dundee game was truly horrendous . 

CL needs to have a serious word with himself , the set up and performance was woeful 

Seymour M Hersh
18 minutes ago, savage said:

That was garbage and olly lee is garbage.  He sucks the tempo out the team

More than the captain?

Absolutely shocking tactics from Craig Levein tonight. We start with Mulraney and Morrison away to Kilmarnock then start with Lee at home to Livingston - what the actual ****!!!

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

More than the captain?

Nope. All Berra does is slow everything down then leather it aimlessly. 

Woeful. Great defender, woeful footballer.

Just now, Artful Dodger said:

Stabbed myself in the throat.

Just can't understand why we allow others teams into our stadium to play against us.

It's criminal.

So if I am interpreting you correctly you think Livi made things difficult for us? Sorry I just don't see it that way... I think we made it difficult for ourselves tonight. From the get go we wre just negative, one short arsed forward getting the ball lumped up the park to him. To open up a team like Livi you have to have palyers go at them and get past the first man then you have room to play. We passed the ball to men who were already well marked instead of the player trying to get passed a man and upset their game plan. The number of times we just gave them the ball back by thumping it up the park was criminal. CL has had to watch us toil against that shower four times now and still is really no further forward in how to beat their game plan... one up against that lot at home what a f@n disgrace.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

Not in a 3. Looks very uncomfortable without a left back outside him. If the manager wants to continue with the 3 at the back he may want to consider Berra in the middle of the 3.

Dave McCreery's knee

Had his strongest bench in a whike and took ages to change it. Lee, Mulraney were obviously poor and we didnt need 3 at the back. Should have made at least 1 change at half time. 

2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

So if I am interpreting you correctly you think Livi made things difficult for us? Sorry I just don't see it that way... I think we made it difficult for ourselves tonight. From the get go we wre just negative, one short arsed forward getting the ball lumped up the park to him. To open up a team like Livi you have to have palyers go at them and get past the first man then you have room to play. We passed the ball to men who were already well marked instead of the player trying to get passed a man and upset their game plan. The number of times we just gave them the ball back by thumping it up the park was criminal. CL has had to watch us toil against that shower four times now and still is really no further forward in how to beat their game plan... one up against that lot at home what a f@n disgrace.

I enjoyed the game and thought we where the better team by a mile. Only team attacking for 90% of it. 

Toil :rofl:

what a crock of Shit post. 

6 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

That’s enough for me. A woeful footballer? Bed time

AlphonseCapone
21 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Our inconsistency is beyond frustrating. Appalling v Dundee, play some great stuff v St Johnstone, brilliant win at Killie then go out and look like we could play for the next 10 hours v Livi and not score.

Our aimless punts up the park in the games v Dundee and Livi have done my head in.

Djoum was great tonight. Souttar was decent. The rest weren't up to it.

Thought he was OK tonight, not great. Olly Lee is a pain in the arse. 

17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ffs...... :rofl:

Edited by Artful Dodger

Just now, Artful Dodger said:

I enjoyed the game and thought we where the better team by a mile. Only team attacking for 90% of it. 

Toil :rofl:

what a crock of Shit post. 

You are F'n at it if you could in any way say you enjoyed watching that exhibition tonight. That game was beyond painful to watch  . 

Funny how we go from the best team ever and love Levein. To he won’t win anything and we are garbage. Kickback at its finest ????????

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bit misogynistic, mate? No matter. 

Notice there's going to be emojis for periods, & gender non-specific couples, coming out soon for mobile's.

Look forward to your thread, on that fine day, big boy. :thumbsup:

How does referring to Ann Budge as 'Supergran''  mean I despise all women?

There are 4 billion women on this planet and I speak of one, who I don't 'despise' I may add.

We changed the shape too late. The three at the back against one striker needed changing sooner. Essentially they were happy to let Berra have to ball and we know that's not his strength.

We needed to stretch the game last half hour but far too pedestrian. Started well enough passed it well but at times we are not proactive enough in forcing a game. We just petered out. And we let their spoiling time wasting tactics play out. 

Predictable

Is the word I'd use to sum that up. Not so much the result but the play.

We kept repeating the same passes over and over.

Bazzas right boot

I think we should go into administration again. 

Start from scratch. 

We are 3 points from 3rd, it's just not good enough. 

We should be winning  league and Cups every season like we have done all throughout our history 

The new stand is pish. 

The grass is too green. 

Go Into admin, sack everyone, it's the only reasonable solution.

Supergran and the loser can gtf. 

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I think we should go into administration again. 

Start from scratch. 

We are 3 points from 3rd, it's just not good enough. 

We should be winning  league and Cups every season like we have done all throughout our history 

The new stand is pish. 

The grass is too green. 

Go Into admin, sack everyone, it's the only reasonable solution.

Supergran and the loser can gtf. 

And let’s forget about beating Hibs 5-1 seven years ago, too. 

23 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

This. As good a defender as he may be has absolutely no technical ability whatsoever. Can't pass and puts the fear of God into me whenever he has the ball at his feet, tenfold when he has a man on

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

360 mins and 1 goal v Livi 

We aren't winning the trophy for most goals v livi then. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Fozzyonthefence
44 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

3 at the back worked fine against Saints when we had nearly all the ball.  Not sure it matters much what formation we play when our midfield is so pedestration and lacking pace and creativity.

At least Uche is back which gives us more options.

Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

We aren't winning the trophy for most goals v livi then. 

Since they horsed us 5 zip they have only scored 2 goals and shipped 11 which includes the one goal we have managed against them this season in our games played.

Konrad von Carstein
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

You've called her a Grade-A *****, before. 

Remember when you were a member of another Hearts forum?

Anyway, misogyny, can cover a litany of synonyms. Not just despise. Weird you'd use that one.

Anyway, PM me if you'd like to discuss further, mate. Best not drag off-topic.

:thumbsup:

Shots fired...popcorn etc...

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Since they horsed us 5 zip they have only scored 2 goals and shipped 11 which includes the one goal we have managed against them this season in our games played.

Yip, as the said we ain't winning the award for best performance or most goals v Livingston.