West Ham

neilnunb

Wasnt that long ago, the english claimed is was the oldest and greatest football tournament in the world.

Now relegated to a reserve team tournament.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Tott said:

Wasnt that long ago, the english claimed is was the oldest and greatest football tournament in the world.

I don’t understand the teams that are mid table in EPL with no chance of relegation and no chance of Europe putting out reserve teams to save their full strength team for a meaningless league game next week.  It’s their only chance of winning anything and only chance of getting into Europe.  And I’m sure their top players would love a crack at winning the FA Cup.

12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t understand the teams that are mid table in EPL with no chance of relegation and no chance of Europe putting out reserve teams to save their full strength team for a meaningless league game next week.  It’s their only chance of winning anything and only chance of getting into Europe.  And I’m sure their top players would love a crack at winning the FA Cup.

Players that fussed these days?

easy life..fantastic money with little outlay.

50 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I agree. It must drive fans mad, I'd hate if we did this. Everton will never win the league, a cup should be priority. 

rudi must stay

1 hour ago, Tott said:

Disagree totally. The FA Cup is alive and well. The big teams are now playing stronger teams (look at Everton) and still losing. There's some good managers in the lower leagues that can get their game plan right and have built teams with good team spirits, and that's why shocks happen

3 hours ago, tokyowalnut said:

I agree. It must drive fans mad, I'd hate if we did this. Everton will never win the league, a cup should be priority. 

I thought they played their first team yesterday.

9 hours ago, Tott said:

Who had their reserve team out yesterday? 

7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Disagree totally. The FA Cup is alive and well. The big teams are now playing stronger teams (look at Everton) and still losing. There's some good managers in the lower leagues that can get their game plan right and have built teams with good team spirits, and that's why shocks happen

Kind of agree, but Wimbledon are bottom of League 1 and their manager can get them 'up for it' to try to beat teams like Peterborough.

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, sandyk said:

Kind of agree, but Wimbledon are bottom of League 1 and their manager can get them 'up for it' to try to beat teams like Peterborough.

it's an opportunity for a lower league boss to put in that bit more effort. and I think that happens

Shanks said no
4 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Who had their reserve team out yesterday? 

Newcastle v Watford

Newcastle made 7 changes from last PL game

Watford changed the whole starting 11 from their last game