The Auchinleck game

letsalldothebeattie

15 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

But it won't be Live on the TV

I get the feeling it will. The beeb are loving the Auchinleck 'story'.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• letsalldothebeattie

• Mikey1874

• Auchinleckian

• Thomaso

1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

With the game at Tynecasle I doubt it.

17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A good away support in Cup ties at Tynecastle is good. 

Livingston crowd yesterday was pretty disappointing. 

What was the actual Livi turnout.

I expected 800-1000

letsalldothebeattie
21 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

But it won't be Live on the TV

Think it could well be. The possibility of a massive shock at Tynie. TV will love it

portobellojambo1
56 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Put it up to £25 and fleece the Ayrshire inbred hoards.

I don't think Auchinleck will bother much if the prices are set at what you suggest. For the tie at Easter Road on Saturday it was Elgin City who were pushing for the actual prices of tickets sold, as Hibs wanted to reduce the prices to try and attract more to the game. Not sure if Elgin achieved what they were hoping for financially given there was just over 7,000 at the game.

Edited by portobellojambo1

52 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

Should be same as yesterday for those that were there, rest of the part timers can pay 30 quicd each or stay in the house

My dad must be a part timer then for not being able to go to the game yesterday... Despite going to games since the early 60's. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rangers and Celtic are givens for live TV.

Leaves a choice of matches that probably don't really catch the imagination. Our tie does. With 4 games out of the 8 shown , pretty sure it will be one of them with the "romance" allied to the Heart of Midlothian brand being attractive

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Leaves a choice of matches that probably don't really catch the imagination. Our tie does. With 4 games out of the 8 shown , pretty sure it will be one of them with the "romance" allied to the Heart of Midlothian brand being attractive

2 companies have the SC tv rights though so there will be 4 games on. Premier will probs go for the Killie vs Cowdengers game and I wouldn't be shocked if they went for Celtic St Johnstone either.

BBC will probably take the highland derby and one other game which could be us but I get the feeling it will be Aberdeen

Edited by Jeff

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

2 companies have the SC tv rights though so there will be 4 games on. Premier will probs go for the Killie vs Cowdengers game and I wouldn't be shocked if they went for Celtic St Johnstone either.

BBC will probably take the highland derby and one other game which could be us but I get the feeling it will be Aberdeen

I can see our game being televised. Agree with old firm games and Highlands derby as the others

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Run the risk of Stenhousemuir v QoS :lol:

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yeah

Ross County v Inverness could be the Friday game

10 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the BBC went for us again. Remember that they now have two matches to cover live each round compared to only one before so they have a bit more choice. The Auchinleck story is a good one. Premier will show Rangers/Celtic against anyone in each round.

On pricing at this equivalent round the League Cup minimum is set at £18, the Scottish Cup minimum is £8 with the emphasis for agreement put primarily on the two clubs. However, if they can't agree then the general ticket price for the stadium applies. So category B prices for us. I suspect it will be a repeat of the Livingston prices with perhaps some additional 'family' type offers.

As a side note this is the last round of the Scottish Cup that a match can avoid being on live TV. There will be no Saturday 3pm kick offs in the Q Finals.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Run the risk of Stenhousemuir v QoS :lol:

if it is then why not? Normally the games like those ones are the most exciting.

NAP 0-0

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

if it is then why not? Normally the games like those ones are the most exciting.

NAP 0-0

Niche audience I think Jeff! Cant imagine many rushing down the pub to see it. Advertisers are important, hence why it is always Rangers and Celtic, with their hoardes providing a larger audience.

6 minutes ago, Homme said:

Do folk really go to games to get more loyalty points?

Some mentals even buy tickets and don't go to games to get the loyalty points :lol: 

King Of The Cat Cafe

I have just had a look at flight times for Saturday 9th: because of the rugby game all morning fights from Dublin to Edinburgh are sold out.

Of course there is Belfast to Edinburgh: £387 on easyJet....

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ross County v Inverness could be the Friday game

Agreed, that would be my guess...

Highland Derby on the BBC on Friday night.

Premier go with a "super Saturday" label with Killie v Rangers at lunchtime and Celtic v St Johnstone in the Saturday evening slot.

Us on the BBC, Sunday afternoon again.

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Yep --I want to get back to my nice platinum seat in the Wheatfield .It was the equivalent of a ten-penny bus run to the second top seat in the main yesterday. Had to stop taking two steps at a time three quarters of the way up.??

As a St holder in row 29 of the main, I quite enjoyed my jaunt to row 10 of the Wheatfield yesterday... 

The Scotland game is a 2.15 KO so no reason why we couldn't ko at 3pm. 

I would keep the prices the same (£15 for adults, £10 over 65/kids) but offer season ticket holders a 5 day window to purchase their own seat. May encourage a rush on tickets. 

It sounds like auchinleck will bring around 2 thousand fans so reckon we're looking at about a 12-13k attendance, maybe more if not on TV, which is pretty decent.

28 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

With the game at Tynecasle I doubt it.

agree. If it was away then I'm pretty sure the game would be on telly but not at home. Premier will pick the two arse cheeks (assuming the rangers win their tie). My oither two would be St Mirren V Utd and Ross County V Inverness

20 minutes ago, Homme said:

no but some might go to this game if they know they are going to get a lot of points - to help them get tickets for bigger games in future

10 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

The Scotland game is a 2.15 KO so no reason why we couldn't ko at 3pm. 

I would keep the prices the same (£15 for adults, £10 over 65/kids) but offer season ticket holders a 5 day window to purchase their own seat. May encourage a rush on tickets. 

It sounds like auchinleck will bring around 2 thousand fans so reckon we're looking at about a 12-13k attendance, maybe more if not on TV, which is pretty decent.

some might rather watch the rugby though

best to change it to Sunday

Agree with the ticket arrangement suggestion though

Edited by Jambo_in_Hamilton

4 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

no but some might go to this game if they know they are going to get a lot of points - to help them get tickets for bigger games in future

So they do then.

Just now, Homme said:

So they do then.

well it would reward those of us who do go to the game with a better chance of getting tickets for bigger ones in the future

38 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Four out of eight ties to be televised live? The authorities surely know how to kill the excitement of the Cup. 'Colleagues, let's empty our stadiums.' What a great idea.

Hope they don't televise us anyway.

42 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Think it could well be. The possibility of a massive shock at Tynie. TV will love it

Can't see it personally. We've just had a Live match.

Killie v Rangers is an almost certainty.

I'd think Ross County v Inverness could well be the other.

42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Celtic do not like their home games covered by live TV

letsalldothebeattie
3 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Can't see it personally. We've just had a Live match.

Killie v Rangers is an almost certainty.

I'd think Ross County v Inverness could well be the other.

Was to be 4 games live this weekend can see same next round. Killie v Rangers, Celtic v St Johnstone, Ross County v Inverness & Hearts v Auchinleck 

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Celtic were on tv on Saturday evening against Airdrie

46 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't think Auchinleck will bother much if the prices are set at what you suggest. For the tie at Easter Road on Saturday it was Elgin City who were pushing for the actual prices of tickets sold, as Hibs wanted to reduce the prices to try and attract more to the game. Not sure if Elgin achieved what they were hoping for financially given there was just over 7,000 at the game.

I know that was the excuse Hibs were using but even their own fans didn't believe them.

Most Hibs fans find it odd that it's always the opposition that are supposed to be the ones stopping cheaper tickets. 

FWIW  I don't think AT will demand high prices as they won't want to be seen to be fleecing their own fans imo.

1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Was to be 4 games live this weekend can see same next round. Killie v Rangers, Celtic v St Johnstone, Ross County v Inverness & Hearts v Auchinleck 

Didn't appreciate it was 4 games.

Admittedly puts a different perspective on it.

52 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

But the reality is it’s more likely to be a 5-0 thumping like the Cowdenbeath game earlier in the season, which I imagine was dull from a neutral perspective.

5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Perhaps, but they don't have a choice if the broadcasters select them.

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, JCR said:

But the reality is it’s more likely to be a 5-0 thumping like the Cowdenbeath game earlier in the season, which I imagine was dull from a neutral perspective.

In reality it should be a one sided game with us cruising it but the TV companies will see it as a possibility of the shock. If TV thought like that would we get any Celtic or Rangers games on the box? 

I thought it was quite a poor crowd yesterday. First game back after the break and a winnable first game in the Scottish Cup, well priced too. Do people seriously not go because they can't sit on their season ticket seat? Odd behaviour. 

Can't imagine the price will be different for the next round. Discounted hospitality might be a good shout. 

Just now, tokyowalnut said:

I thought it was quite a poor crowd yesterday. First game back after the break and a winnable first game in the Scottish Cup, well priced too. Do people seriously not go because they can't sit on their season ticket seat? Odd behaviour. 

Can't imagine the price will be different for the next round. Discounted hospitality might be a good shout. 

Just make sure plenty of loyalty points are given the next game

Just now, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Just make sure plenty of loyalty points are given the next game

I don't think that makes much of a difference. I don't know how many I got yesterday, if any.

Worth noting that Auchinleck priced the Ayr match at £15 (£10 concessions) for a match that they knew would easily sell out so I don't imagine for a minute they will be looking to have anyone pay inflated prices for Tynecastle.

8 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Comparing it to league attendances it was poor.

Comparing it to other cup ties it was a very good crowd as it was live on TV.

Aberdeen and Hibs both had poorer crowds for matches played on the Saturday at 3.00pm with no TV as competition.

Hate Sunday football so hopefully we're playing at some point on the Saturday.

Saturday night would actually be pretty cool.

3 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Given the rugby, perhaps unlikely, but that Aberdeen cup game we played at 5.00 a few years ago (Paterson 1-0) was a cracker.

letsalldothebeattie
5 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Agree. The Aberdeen game a couple year ago was good at 5:30 I think and the game at ER before the winter break. I quite like the later kick offs 

SectionDJambo

Hopefully a kick off time to suit us and the Auchinleck people, to maximise the crowd. Football is nothing without fans.

It would be better if all the stands were open too. Far better experience for players and fans.

Rightly or wrongly, there were hundreds of fans wandering about trying to find seats in an unfamiliar stand yesterday. Must have been about 15 minutes in to the match before it settled down.

Price it properly and people will come to see an unusual pairing. Auchinleck will bring many more fans than Livingston did as well.

2 hours ago, Jocam2325 said:

Should be same as yesterday for those that were there, rest of the part timers can pay 30 quicd each or stay in the house

cornette.png

Captain America

I think we will be on the TV as a BBC pick, the other BBC pick being the highland derby. 

Premier will pick up Old firm games.

Aberdeen/Dundee if they both get through is run of mill league game. 

Ours has the romance of the cup for both sides, Junior side v big club in country and fans talking of an omen in reference to 20212 cup run and win. 

Build up writes itself. 

1 hour ago, Homme said:

Sometimes yes, I sat through the Livi away abomination to get the 2 extra points I needed for a ticket to the game at ER.

I was at the game in 2012, but can't recall what we charged for it at the time. Although given it was at the height of the players not getting paid etc, it may well have been full whack.