The Auchinleck game

letsalldothebeattie

Auchinleckian
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

If Talbot bring 2,000+ fans then it's a bigger away support than most SPL teams.

I think we should manage 14k plus for this.

It'll be interesting to see how many fans we have this weekend for a last 16 Junior Cup clash with Rutherglen Glencairn. Thinks it's unlikely to be higher than 500. Would love to keep even a small percentage of those who attend the big matches only but it's not likely to be. Really do hope we have a bigger away following than last time, especially given the historical nature of the tie - it being the most teams (7) ever played by a non league team in the Scottish Cup, and the result from the previous game of course.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• letsalldothebeattie

• Mikey1874

• Auchinleckian

• Jambo 4 Ever

10 minutes ago, Auchinleckian said:

It'll be interesting to see how many fans we have this weekend for a last 16 Junior Cup clash with Rutherglen Glencairn. Thinks it's unlikely to be higher than 500. Would love to keep even a small percentage of those who attend the big matches only but it's not likely to be. Really do hope we have a bigger away following than last time, especially given the historical nature of the tie - it being the most teams (7) ever played by a non league team in the Scottish Cup, and the result from the previous game of course.

It will be an interesting fixture. I went to see Hibs play Bonnyrigg Rose ( my Junior team ) at Tynecastle in the cup a few years ago and the trick for the senior side is, as always, to get a goal as early as possible to dampen the Junior team's adrenaline levels. ?

linda.bisset100
19 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Could be I suppose but I got our 3 ST seats in the Wheatfield.

I got my ticket in main stand & grandsons ticket in wheatfield, both printed tickets. Someone asked if tickets were being added to season cards & was told no.

Anyone know how to buy tickets for other people in your network online,I found mine but can’t see how to buy others.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Auchinleckian
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It will be an interesting fixture. I went to see Hibs play Bonnyrigg Rose ( my Junior team ) at Tynecastle in the cup a few years ago and the trick for the senior side is, as always, to get a goal as early as possible to dampen the Junior team's adrenaline levels. ?

We are VERY obstinate in that respect. Scored 20 and conceded just 4 in our 7 Scottish Cup games so far (Cove went to a replay)

We're almost bound to go 4-5-1 as we did against Ayr - and yourselves in 2011-12. We were difficult to break down then as well.

Got some cracking young players to come on late on who are not afraid to run at defenders, and they caused havoc against Ayr. Can't wait for the bookmaker's odds to come out.

7 minutes ago, Auchinleckian said:

We are VERY obstinate in that respect. Scored 20 and conceded just 4 in our 7 Scottish Cup games so far (Cove went to a replay)

We're almost bound to go 4-5-1 as we did against Ayr - and yourselves in 2011-12. We were difficult to break down then as well.

Got some cracking young players to come on late on who are not afraid to run at defenders, and they caused havoc against Ayr. Can't wait for the bookmaker's odds to come out.

Bookmakers were certainly very generous against Ayr. Plumped a fiver on auchinleck at half time at 11/1.

18 minutes ago, obua said:

Anyone know how to buy tickets for other people in your network online,I found mine but can’t see how to buy others.

Mine just came up - bought them. Option to add to card. Seemed simples, but now I'm worried...

3 hours ago, linda.bisset100 said:

I got my ticket in main stand & grandsons ticket in wheatfield, both printed tickets. Someone asked if tickets were being added to season cards & was told no.

I emailed ticket office and they said game was added onto season ticket...

linda.bisset100
4 minutes ago, sinks said:

Maybe only printed tickets if you bought from ticket office rather than online. 

2 minutes ago, linda.bisset100 said:

Maybe only printed tickets if you bought from ticket office rather than online. 

Dunno,it was my son who went online and bought them and he was under the impression they were being posted out.Emailed club and they said added to season ticket...so god knows

34 minutes ago, sinks said:

It's only added to your season ticket card if it's your season ticket seat.

I'm having to collect my tickets because the 'print at home' option I selected failed to register.

:muggy: 

linda.bisset100
20 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

I'm having to collect my tickets because the 'print at home' option I selected failed to register.

Mine was my season ticket seat but still a printed ticket, same as everyone else who were in the ticket office this morning.

5 minutes ago, linda.bisset100 said:

Mine was my season ticket seat but still a printed ticket, same as everyone else who were in the ticket office this morning.

Must just be online purchases then...

'It is only adding to card if you purchased your season ticket seats.' was the line I got in reply to my email.

4 hours ago, obua said:

Under your network you need to be assigned as able to manage their tickets. I had to change this for my Dad’s account, as it was only in assign. Never had that before, but it worked and then just showed under reserved tickets.

Auchinleckian
3 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Thank god we're still Junior and not subjected to this 

2 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Under your network you need to be assigned as able to manage their tickets. I had to change this for my Dad’s account, as it was only in assign. Never had that before, but it worked and then just showed under reserved tickets.

Thanks that did the trick.

Happy to be returning to the capital to support my local team in the Scottish Cup.I enjoyed my visit in 2012 regardless of the result,no use dwelling on lost causes.This year we find ourselves in round 5 without punching above our weight.This game is different!

We shall travel through with no great expectations other than to give a good account of ourselves.I hope C.L. adopts his zero striker policy,that was a classic.    Mon the Bot.

22 hours ago, luckydug said:

What's wrong with the date and time ?

Why should a Sunday affect Talbot fans ?

If anything it could be a positive as some folk work Saturdays and we are avoiding the Rugby.

Commonsense being used for once.

This 

3 hours ago, happy said:

Happy to be returning to the capital to support my local team in the Scottish Cup.I enjoyed my visit in 2012 regardless of the result,no use dwelling on lost causes.This year we find ourselves in round 5 without punching above our weight.This game is different!

We shall travel through with no great expectations other than to give a good account of ourselves.I hope C.L. adopts his zero striker policy,that was a classic.    Mon the Bot.

Good stuff.

It's always good to get a big away support from regular clubs in the Scottish Cup.

And certainly not be the last time Auchinleck get to this round of the Cup.

3 hours ago, happy said:

have a great day . fair play to Talbot. 12 x Junior cups, 5th round and beating Ayr. You'll be able to gloat about that down Ayrshire way for ever

On 26/01/2019 at 12:04, maroonsgotop said:

have a great day . fair play to Talbot. 12 x Junior cups, 5th round and beating Ayr. You'll be able to gloat about that down Ayrshire way for ever

Oh,we will have a great day and yes,Ayr shall have that result rammed into them at every opportunity.

On 26/01/2019 at 11:58, Mikey1874 said:

Good stuff.

It's always good to get a big away support from regular clubs in the Scottish Cup.

And certainly not be the last time Auchinleck get to this round of the Cup.

Cheers for that.How are the ticket sales going? 

On 25/01/2019 at 18:12, Sarah O said:

To hell with sitting in my normal seat when Premium seats were available at only £15! 

Totally agree. I did the same.

Please tire them out, Jambos. And I'm not suggesting you induce, any injuries, etc, but as it happens we have Auchinleck the following Saturday on league duty and our record against them is not great.

Sir Walter Scott fans may wish to note that this means Auchinleck have consecutive games against Heart of Midlothian and Rob Roy...

Oh, and when they have big games, Auchinleck seem to just hire every bus for miles around so they'll have no problems getting to Embra. Just as well as Auchinleck has precisely two trains to Glasgow on a Sunday.

Nelly Terraces

Scampered down there on my lunchtime 8 miler?‍♂️ the other  day to get our squads tickets. Jobs a good ‘un.

Let’s put these fecking coal crunching gobshites to the sword, **** their big day out & ‘dream’ -I want them destroyed.

See ya there guys,?

been here before
4 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

Oh, and when they have big games, Auchinleck seem to just hire every bus for miles around so they'll have no problems getting to Embra. Just as well as Auchinleck has precisely two trains to Glasgow on a Sunday.

51lRH6cp3RL._SY450_.jpg.e51388e8484b562ec7b526bccf9b99a9.jpg

7 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

Please tire them out, Jambos. And I'm not suggesting you induce, any injuries, etc, but as it happens we have Auchinleck the following Saturday on league duty and our record against them is not great.

Sir Walter Scott fans may wish to note that this means Auchinleck have consecutive games against Heart of Midlothian and Rob Roy...

And it still won't be great on the following Saturday night robroyboy.

Auchinleckian

Levein at Petershill yesterday having a look at Talbot. Don't know what he'll have gathered from the game as we certainly won't be playing that formation at Tynecastle, and it was on plastic. We won 7-0, and Craig McCracken the goalscorer vs Ayr was at it again with two more headed goals.

Governor Tarkin
On 02/02/2019 at 15:06, Nelly Terraces said:

Let’s put these fecking coal crunching gobshites to the sword, **** their big day out & ‘dream’ - I want them destroyed.

:glorious:

1 hour ago, Auchinleckian said:

Levein at Petershill yesterday having a look at Talbot. Don't know what he'll have gathered from the game as we certainly won't be playing that formation at Tynecastle, and it was on plastic. We won 7-0, and Craig McCracken the goalscorer vs Ayr was at it again with two more headed goals.

Showing respect to a top junior side.  We will certainly not be taking Talbot for granted.

21 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

Stop worrying me.  Who do you think you are?

I have a very delicate constitution.

scott herbertson
21 hours ago, Auchinleckian said:

He's not a law student at Edinburgh is he? We have history on that

August Landmesser

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/william-hill-scottish-cup-fifth-round-fixture-information-2018-19/?rid=2107

Heart of Midlothian v Auchinleck Talbot
Sunday, 10 February                                    Tynecastle Park, 3pm
P: Tuesday, 12 February                               Tynecastle Park,7.45pm
R: Wednesday, 20 February                           Beechwood Park, 2pm

Hopefully no replay needed, don't fancy having to take an afternoon off work to shlep down to Auchinleck.

Also, if teams want to enter the Scottish Cup, surely their grounds should at least have floodlights... 

Went to watch Lochee United v Talbot in last seasons junior cup, finished 2-0 Talbot but both teams were rotten. And when I say rotten I mean Lochee strung about 4 passes together the whole game, and Talbots only idea was swing crosses in from the left hand side, 2 of which were headed in. 

We really should be putting 5 or 6 past them, and that is with respect to Talbot. We put 4 past Hamilton and St Mirren earlier in the season, and regardless of how brilliant the result was against Ayr both teams were again, shocking.

1 hour ago, cocobeab said:

Craig Levein was at Petershill v Talbot game over the weekend. 

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Ultimate profesionalism 

Sends the right message to them too.

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/william-hill-scottish-cup-fifth-round-fixture-information-2018-19/?rid=2107

Heart of Midlothian v Auchinleck Talbot
Sunday, 10 February                                    Tynecastle Park, 3pm
P: Tuesday, 12 February                               Tynecastle Park,7.45pm
R: Wednesday, 20 February                           Beechwood Park, 2pm

Hopefully no replay needed, don't fancy having to take an afternoon off work to shlep down to Auchinleck.

Also, if teams want to enter the Scottish Cup, surely their grounds should at least have floodlights... 

A replay would be at 2pm on a Wednesday?

That's mental and shows absolutely zero thoughts for the supporters.

I'm not surprised.

...a bit disco
16 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm not surprised.

Can't be right, surely? 

Is that a holiday  period or summat?

19 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm not surprised.

Please do not tempt providence be even remotely considering there might be a replay.?

3 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Please do not tempt providence be even remotely considering there might be a replay.?

You're right, there will definitely not be a replay at 2pm on wednesday 20th February. 

?

11 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Can't be right, surely? 

Not sure about the rest of the world but East Lothian schools go back on Tuesday 19th.

39 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Can't be right, surely? 

Could it be that they don’t have lights?