Central Midfield

rick witter

HamishMcGonagall
1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Nah, I disagree, if that defensive holding midfielder wins the ball and drives forward then that role is then misplaced on the field, the Haring role is to win the ball and make a key pass.

I agree you need a Haring type player in there, but with him covering it should give someone centrally freedom to burst forward. It just doesn't seem to happen. Goes sideways n works it way to the wingers but if that doesn't work then the game becomes a struggle. A bit like today. 

Sjould say my comments are meant more in general rather than todays game specifically. Just happy to have won the game n gotten another game closer to winning the cup!

HamishMcGonagall
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Probably about £10M I’d guess. 

Aye cause the likes of Hartley, Cameron, Fulton and dare I say it, McGinn when Hibs signed him from St.Mirren cost anywhere near £10million....

15 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Aye cause the likes of Hartley, Cameron, Fulton and dare I say it, McGinn when Hibs signed him from St.Mirren cost anywhere near £10million....

Who do you recommend we sign? They’re ten-a-penny so I assume you’ve spotted at least several options

12 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Rudi and Jamie Walker were the last good attacking midfielders we had. McGinn and Rogic are the best from other teams in recent years.

I think Clare was brought in to do exactly that but he’s still young. Hopefully more to come from him. I think Djoum has it in his locker to drive forward for us too. It’s all about picking the right combinations in midfield though.

3 hours ago, Smack said:

Can only agree with this. Djoum found a man with every pass and was one of the few looking to play football. Every time we got the ball down and played around them we looked dangerous. 

How many passes was that?

3 hours ago, rick witter said:

Superb result today without playing well at all but the thing for me is central midfield. We are so poor in midfield it makes it so hard to start attacks. Djoum and Lee were terrible today and I can’t wait to see Haring back. 

Mad.

4 minutes ago, clark963 said:

Just don't get your anti Djoum agenda. Find it mad.

Correct, Djoum was probably our best player today overall and has been in the top 3 or 4 for most games since back to full fitness, and we get folk slating  him time and time again......no wonder he wants away.....

Djoum was one of our better players, why do people have such an agenda against him? Obviously was a bit of an arsehole after the whole him thinking he could move down south after winning AFCON, but this season he has definitely been one of our better players and so many people don’t want to give him praise.

Lee was dreadful though. Haring and either one of Cochrane, Bozanic and Djoum should be the starting pivot. Could probably do Haring + Bozanic together with Djoum further up.

1 minute ago, Double Top said:

Correct, Djoum was probably our best player today overall and has been in the top 3 or 4 for most games since back to full fitness, and we get folk slating  him time and time again......no wonder he wants away.....

I actually think its mental, what does he have to do in a game to garner support from certain sections of the support. He was composed, industrious and only lost the ball once. 

35 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Care to elaborate? 

You said it was hard to start attacks from midfield but our goal was started and ended by midfielders from midfield.

23 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Djoum was one of our better players, why do people have such an agenda against him? Obviously was a bit of an arsehole after the whole him thinking he could move down south after winning AFCON, but this season he has definitely been one of our better players and so many people don’t want to give him praise.

Lee was dreadful though. Haring and either one of Cochrane, Bozanic and Djoum should be the starting pivot. Could probably do Haring + Bozanic together with Djoum further up.

Bozanic looked really lively when he came on.

HamishMcGonagall
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Who do you recommend we sign? They’re ten-a-penny so I assume you’ve spotted at least several options

You're comment is aimed at ridiculing me yet it's only made yourself look ridiculous.  Where have I said they're ten-a-penny??  

Between you and the poster replying that such a player would cost £10million, it would seem that some folk on here are just desperate for arguments.

4 hours ago, rick witter said:

Superb result today without playing well at all but the thing for me is central midfield. We are so poor in midfield it makes it so hard to start attacks. Djoum and Lee were terrible today and I can’t wait to see Haring back. 

Each time you post it cements my view you know nothing whatsoever about football or you are a massive attention seeker

It's odd. I'm a Djoum fan and I thought he was pretty anonymous today. I'd quite like to see a TV re run to see what he actually did today. 

6 hours ago, rick witter said:

Four of our last five goals have been scored by Lee, Djoum, Haring & Clare. Comment denominator: all play in midfield. We’ve won the last three games without conceding a goal. We've scored two great goals in the last two games. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Four of our last five goals have been scored by Lee, Djoum, Haring & Clare. Comment denominator: all play in midfield. We’ve won the last three games without conceding a goal. We've scored two great goals in the last two games. 

You and your fancy facts......

Rick he's made you look a right....

31 minutes ago, davieholt said:

It's odd. I'm a Djoum fan and I thought he was pretty anonymous today. I'd quite like to see a TV re run to see what he actually did today. 

Pretty disciplined defensive mid performance in Haring's absence.

Pasquale for King

Djoum had a decent game today, not much movement ahead of him though. Wasted playing as a DM but not sure who else we have to play there, maybe Shaughnessy will when Souttar comes back as Haring won’t be back til late February.

Captain America
11 hours ago, davieholt said:

This.

I am big Djoum fan but in the first half in particular I felt he was off the pace, seemed to be late to every challenge but I will watch again on Iplayer. 

I don't think anyone had a particularly great game but they done enough which is all I ask for in the cup. 

17 hours ago, Jim Weir said:

Midfield was poor though. OP has a point. 

Lack of gears in Lee is frightening 

I thought Lee was totally anonymous today.

13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bozanic looked really lively when he came on.

A must starter against Dundee please.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We won the scrap. All that matters, different game on Wednesday. Not many games involving Livingston flow, for any side. As much as I dislike Dick McInnes, he nailed it in their recent meeting. You don't have to play well against Livingston, just be better than them at what they like to do, hands dirty.

23 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I thought Lee was totally anonymous today.

Goes missing badly. Don't get criticism of Djoum though. I thought he was very good. Particularly in absence of Haring and Lee being ineffective

Biggest problem was the ball bypassing midfield most of the time. Thought boz made a bit of a difference when he came on though. Was looking for the ball and trying to dictate things.

9 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

Goes missing badly. Don't get criticism of Djoum though. I thought he was very good. Particularly in absence of Haring and Lee being ineffective

Totally agree. Djoume is far more effective playing further forward, however I can appreciate somebody had to fill in for Haring.

16 hours ago, rick witter said:

I’m a clown but you gave a 6 and a 7 out of 10 for both players I mentioned. Against Livingston at home I’m expecting at least an 8 out of 10 dominating performance. 

Thanks for the personal insult though mods you watching this??

Yes the mods are watching but their minds are filled with images of Djoum's terrible performance and so they will be unable to react to any personal insults of any kind today.

The mods will be lucky if they can keep food down today as they are still suffering the stomach pangs from Lee's performance.

Yours Sincerely

Thick Shitter