Westminster

Roxy Hearts

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

a kid on democracy? I think it is. It just does what it likes without any harmony. Pity Guy Fawkes failed! 

Didn't like the Scottish much. A bit like Wm of today. He'd fit right in.

It is getting more difficult to take that clown show seriously.

However,I am not endeared by Holyrood.

We need less government, less politicians and more of the population minding their own business.

You suit yourself and I will suit myself.

For many in the Tories, it's an extension of their Oxbridge debating societies. They are rarely directly impacted by their own decisions - as long as the investment account remains healthy, all is ok. 

I used to enjoy Pmqs, Fmqs and Question time. I still watch, but it's just shite. TM and JC are the worst government and shadow Government ever assembled. 

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I used to enjoy Pmqs, Fmqs and Question time. I still watch, but it's just shite. TM and JC are the worst government and shadow Government ever assembled. 

I can't watch pmqs etc. Hypocrites and liars and get away with it with impunity. Old Boys club in an archaic system. British society has grave problems and something needs to give. Independence, federalise etc. 

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Was thinking this the other day - the calibre of MP across all parties seems to be at such a low point. May only got the job because there nobody else and has only kept it because there's no one else. Corbyn is only there because there wasn't anyone else and the party have been taking over by the hard-left. 

Full of career politicians and intellectual pygmies.  Pretty sure I could name you more cabinet ministers from the 70’s - when I was a child - than I could now.

5 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Full of career politicians and intellectual pygmies.  Pretty sure I could name you more cabinet ministers from the 70’s - when I was a child - than I could now.

You only learn their names these days when they resign. 

Genuinely didn't know Boris had a brother until he resigned...

jack D and coke
On 19/01/2019 at 12:34, Roxy Hearts said:

I can't watch pmqs etc. Hypocrites and liars and get away with it with impunity. Old Boys club in an archaic system. British society has grave problems and something needs to give. Independence, federalise etc. 

In a nutshell. . 

Trapper John McIntyre

As opposed to the haven of common sense and decency that is Holyrood where the First Minister is under investigation by five separate committees including the police over possible interference/covering up in the investigation of alleged sexual offences against her predecessor and mentor.

10 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

As opposed to the haven of common sense and decency that is Holyrood where the First Minister is under investigation by five separate committees including the police over possible interference/covering up in the investigation of alleged sexual offences against her predecessor and mentor.

As opposed to yewtree and Saville. But hey that unionists.

'Thatcher Knew!'

Edited by ri Alban

13 hours ago, Trapper John McIntyre said:

I'm talking about Westminster. The FM has reported herself. What's your thoughts on WM? 

On 20/01/2019 at 18:33, Trapper John McIntyre said:

This is factually incorrect. 

Nicola Sturgeon is under no investigation by the police.

There is not five separate investigations looking at inference. 

The 5 separate investigations soundbite you're quoting is the number of investigations total that have concluded and are ongoing into Alex Salmond case and the subsequent mishandling by the civil servants of one of those cases. 

Edited by Toggie88

On 20/01/2019 at 18:33, Trapper John McIntyre said:

Yip it's shocking, what's the latest on Dr David Kelly and the stuff he was 'covering up'?