Steven Pressley

hmfc4life1991

41 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I'll now be supporting any club who Carlisle are against for the foreseeable. Going to enjoy watching him crumble. I feel sorry for the players, he seems like a horrible ***** to work for.

Yep , seems   , but until you do its a bit unfair to comment

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• reaths17

• The Treasurer

• Absolute Scenes

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

love Pressley

Here's a question: did Hartley or Pressley ever miss a penalty for us??

Hartley missed one for us in a Tic shirt

Best captain in over 50 years of watching Hearts, though if we'd had Berra for more of his career I'd be prepared to revise that. 

I might write my usual post in defence of Pressley but that would be a waste of effort. We who saw him play will not forget what he gave for the cause (everything). I don't care what he did when wearing a different colour. No doubt the usual easily-offended types will be getting upset about him trying too hard against us or something. Boo hoo.

1 hour ago, Paul Shark said:

Targeting the Championship , bigger than Hearts, huge potential, better training facilities, only thing that would tempt him away is a job in the EPL. Sacked 15 minutes after the last game of the season. 

:spoton:

Absolute Scenes
14 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Best captain in over 50 years of watching Hearts, though if we'd had Berra for more of his career I'd be prepared to revise that. 

I might write my usual post in defence of Pressley but that would be a waste of effort. We who saw him play will not forget what he gave for the cause (everything). I don't care what he did when wearing a different colour. No doubt the usual easily-offended types will be getting upset about him trying too hard against us or something. Boo hoo.

completely agree

Proper Hearts legend

Bridge of Djoum

Legend.

Did more for Hearts than any single person here, and then some.

Folk calling him a snake are ****** embarrassing themselves. 

4 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Hard to argue with that. Chased out the door by a lunatic owner.

Seems he's not up to much as a manager though!

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Legend.

Did more for Hearts than any single person here, and then some.

Folk calling him a snake are ****** embarrassing themselves. 

Any single person “here”?  As in us punters on a fans forum?

hardly a glowing endorsement TBH. ?

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

Pressley best captain?

Image result for Doubt meme

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for zaliukas cup

Bombscare a better captain than Pressley? You’re off yer bonce man.

5 hours ago, Eric Shin said:

Yep , seems   , but until you do its a bit unfair to comment

So no one is allowed to make a comment about Steven Pressley as a football manager unless they've played under him?

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Any single person “here”?  As in us punters on a fans forum?

hardly a glowing endorsement TBH. ?

Ha! Fair point.

8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Good luck Elvis. Cup winning captain and Hearts legend 

Absolutely 100% correct.  I have no time for his OF connections but if it hadn't been for the mad guy he would never have left.

There’s no denying he’s no very good at management! Would never want him at Hearts and that’s 100% based on his record as a manager, I’d also say the same about Paul Hartley and few other ex players!

I sort of get why people hate him, but time heals and I remember the things he did while wearing the jersey, so I wish him all he best, I just don't think he's a good manager 

rudi must stay

good luck to him, gave us years of loyalty (not looking for debate or arguments saying that btw) as for him being manager I would say it is inevitable and I wouldn't mind seeing it actually, he does have leadership skills

maroonnicky63
On 16/01/2019 at 11:41, reaths17 said:

the whingers will love this, once they've finished with mikey stewart. I blame the winter shut down.

well done and good luck to our best captain since john cumming

and the most disloyal of course , fans don't forget no matter how good a captain he was

when was he disloyal, he played his part as captain all the time he was at hearts and got shafted by mad vlad for it. after he left for someone else his loyalty was then with them as it were when he was at other clubs before us.

Being a great leader on the park doesn't always translate into what's required to be a great manager. He was certainly the former and he'll always have my thanks and respect for that - no-matter what the armchair critics say to the contrary. 

I wish him luck in his ongoing managerial career but I have to admit to having nagging doubts about his abilities in this arena.

Club legend.

Good manager with Falkirk.  Shite the rest.   Good luck to him though, he always seems to end up at basket cases. 

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, Gambo said:

Decent player but one of the most over rated players of the JKB era imo.

Poor manager.

Good Luck to him in his new job.

Spot on.

Pasquale for King
14 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

good luck to him, gave us years of loyalty (not looking for debate or arguments saying that btw) as for him being manager I would say it is inevitable and I wouldn't mind seeing it actually, he does have leadership skills

His managerial record is poor though, leadership skills are only a small part of a managers job these days. Does he have good spies for instance ?.

I don't go down he snakey road, I wish him to do well.

He must have been dangerously close to being our Head Coach, though.

Would love to have heard the conversations between CL & AB.

CL had openly said when taking on Cathro that he had no desire to get back in the hot seat.

The Treasurer
22 hours ago, reaths17 said:

when was he disloyal, he played his part as captain all the time he was at hearts and got shafted by mad vlad for it. after he left for someone else his loyalty was then with them as it were when he was at other clubs before us.

Can't argue that he played his part when at our club and I agree that his loyalty should be with whatever club was paying his wages.

However that loyalty doesn't extend to being disrespectful to the club that previously was very good to you.

33 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Can't argue that he played his part when at our club and I agree that his loyalty should be with whatever club was paying his wages.

However that loyalty doesn't extend to being disrespectful to the club that previously was very good to you.

your stretching it a bit if you think he was aiming at the club.......the fans who think it was at them individually and took it personally,  all sane and none insecure people know exactly who it was directed at, no breaking of loyalties and respect as far as I could see.

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

your stretching it a bit if you think he was aiming at the club.......the fans who think it was at them individually and took it personally,  all sane and none insecure people know exactly who it was directed at, no breaking of loyalties and respect as far as I could see.

Perfectly sane and not the least bit insecure thanks.

Whether it was directed at one person or the entire club is irrelevant IMO.

Chest thumping and running the length of the pitch to celebrate a goal is not my idea of showing respect.

It was unnecessary and ill advised and has soured his time at our club in the eyes of a sizeable majority of our support

8 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Chest thumping and running the length of the pitch to celebrate a goal is not my idea of showing respect.

It was unnecessary and ill advised and has soured his time at our club in the eyes of a sizeable majority of our support

most of who would be doing a lap of honour around our previous ***** of an employer if we had moved on to a bigger job than the job you had to put up with them for.

that I no way could be deemed as aimed at your previous work colleagues who probably feel the same about the ersole boss

Geoff the Mince
28 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

most of who would be doing a lap of honour around our previous ***** of an employer if we had moved on to a bigger job than the job you had to put up with them for.

that I no way could be deemed as aimed at your previous work colleagues who probably feel the same about the ersole boss

What a pile of shite . 

Last interview I seen with him was him stating how he would now consider managing in the Scottish Premiership as it was now at a level he considered suitable - as if he was Jose Mourinho or Arsene Wenger.

Regardless of peoples view on him re Hearts, he comes across as a total walloper nowadays. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, reaths17 said:

I was going to reply but Geoff the mince put it much better than I could

On 17/01/2019 at 13:16, Gambo said:

Decent player but one of the most over rated players of the JKB era imo.

Poor manager.

Good Luck to him in his new job.

This is just a stupid post.

Pressley was the best CH and captain many of the JKB era had seen.

Played 271 games for us, cup winning captain and our most capped player (caps won whilst at the club).

He was not over rated.

On 16/01/2019 at 15:14, It should have been ten said:

Spot on! Wish him nothing but the best, a great Hearts captain and legend.

Agree 100%, great player and captain for us, hope he does well

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Carlisle 2-0 up, instant impact from the new manager!

Full time score

Well done SP, Carlisle in 4th place and 3 points off automatic promotion from D2

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Cupar Jambo said:

Agree 100%, great player and captain for us, hope he does well

Agree totally.

On 18/01/2019 at 12:03, The Treasurer said:

Absolutely spot on!!

Samuel Camazzola
On 18/01/2019 at 14:26, old school tie said:

He's a snake, a grass, and a crap manager too.

I get a few folks opinions on the other points you've made but what's the back story to him being labelled a grass? 

Hope it goes well for him although he was a helluva better player than he was manager

held the dressing room together for us at one point and always gave his all when he played in a hearts jersey 

On 18/01/2019 at 12:03, The Treasurer said:

Correct. Nice that you can’t have an opposite opinion on here without sanity, insecurity or intelligence being questioned. 

I think when he left and signed for Celtic, majority of Hearts fans understood and to an extent wished him well. His actions that day and in several interviews since have shown what an egotistical disrespectful, self serving man he is.