Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• tartofmidlothian

• The Internet

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No idea about Shankland. I assume managers have doubts too and that's why no-one has snapped him up yet. Could be his age. He'll be 24 at the start of next season and is getting beyond the prospect stage.

Don't know what his goal tally for each of the last 2 seasons stands at, but I think they are such that he has elevated his status to more than just being a prospect.

I agree though, there must be something there that has shortened the expected queue of suitors at Somerset for his signature.

I'd personally take the chance though, but I suspect he's now out of the price range of all Scottish clubs salary wise bar the erse cheeks.

Edited by Busby8

9 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I think Lennon is just getting rid of all the players he falls out with and then replacing them with new ones.

.... to fall out with ?

It's the nature of the beast.

14 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Am I the only one finding the Stewart move a weird one for both player and club. He is going back to a club whose manager used him poorly and did not play as well as he could. 

Aye McInnes has now seen what a good coach can get out of him and probably hopes to do the same. It will be interesting to see how this half of the season works for him.

Joe Shaughnessy (older brother of Conor) is close to signing a pre contract with Aberdeen. Was impressed with him away at St Johnstone earlier in the season. Someone like him or Halkett in on a pre contract would be good business.

tartofmidlothian

Ashley Cole is joining Lampard's Derby until the end of the season for 15 grand a week. Didn't even know he was still playing. He's 38. :cornette:

Marko Arnautovic can GTF!!! If I phoned me work this morning saying I didn't fancy it cos I might get a better paying job they'd have give me the Ruud Gullitt. Ponce.

Sorry chaps, had to vent.

rudi must stay

The (insert your own nickname) on the other side of the city have signed Stephane Omeanga on loan from Genoa. Box to box midifelder, on paper a good signing

Edited by rudi must stay

Brighton are signing an Argentinian called Alexis Mac Allister. More importantly, he has a brother called Kevin Mac Allister. 

The Dandies going back to Tic with the begging bowl for Lewis Morgan...have some respect and dont develop those cretins players!!!! 

Have we ever loaned a player from Sevco or Tic ? canny think of any....?

Hibs have enquired about a loan deal for Lewis Morgan until the end of the season. Aberdeen are in talks with both Cadden and Turnbull from Motherwell. Killie set to sign Alex Bruce.

Edited by Gorillajam

GorgieRules22

We’ll be waiting to take another punt on someone that’s possibly coming back from injury or hasn’t kicked a ball since 2017.

26 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Aberdeen will no doubt get Cadden. They play the Scottish market very well.

Meanwhile in Edinburgh....

They are close to getting Shaughnessy in as well. We should be getting these types of players in, instead of gambling everytime 

The Apprentice
15 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

They are close to getting Shaughnessy in as well. We should be getting these types of players in, instead of gambling everytime 

If that's the Shaughnessy from St Johnstone then I'm glad we are staying clear. 

The Apprentice

Jordan Roberts, who were heavily linked to in the summer, has gone on loan to Lincoln from Ipswich as has Mark O'Hara who is at Peterborough (was with Dundee last season).

The Apprentice

Had to laugh at this from Sevco's new signing (from the mighty Barrow), who worked with Gerrard at Liverpool...

"To join a club which is definitely just as big as Liverpool, more successful and to be in and around the first team is a massive thing for me."

:wtf:

Sevco PR machine at its best!

4 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

Hibs have enquired about a loan deal for Lewis Morgan until the end of the season. Aberdeen are in talks with both Cadden and Turnbull from Motherwell. Killie set to sign Alex Bruce.

Sunderland also in for Morgan on loan

2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

We've got his brother here who is playing at a higher level (Leeds)

12 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

We've got his brother here who is playing at a higher level (Leeds)

Yeah I know. He is known to make a lot of mistakes according to a guy who follows Leeds youth. 

Can’t remember if it was summer or last winter but “rumoured” target Cian bolger of fleetwood has signed for (at some point in this window) and scored yesterday for Lincoln 

On 25/01/2019 at 11:59, Gorillajam said:

Turnbull I believe is a diehard jambo so I would hope that we are too

On 27/01/2019 at 11:01, tcjambo said:

Turnbull I believe is a diehard jambo so I would hope that we are too

I know a few of his family and he’s definitely a Motherwell fan.

On 18/01/2019 at 23:04, neilr61 said:
On 18/01/2019 at 22:25, gorgie rools said:

Source is usually quite good. Not this time it seems. 

Think Barker had signed for preston

Barker returned to man city earlier this month. Lennon talked him into coming back to the wee team. All fallen through now though for obvious reasons. 

39 minutes ago, gorgie rools said:

Barker returned to man city earlier this month. Lennon talked him into coming back to the wee team. All fallen through now though for obvious reasons. 

Barker was certainly one of Lennon's favourite players. 

Kept Danny Swanson out of the side too which was another plus point. 

Arthur Morgan
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Barker was certainly one of Lennon's favourite players. 

Kept Danny Swanson out of the side too which was another plus point. 

Wouldn't mind us taking him on loan tbh, good player.

Thought from the games I saw that barker has the heart of a mouse. Undoubtedly a good player but Souttar ruined him with his (brilliant) tackle 

15 hours ago, Chaps said:

I know a few of his family and he’s definitely a Motherwell fan.

Strange so does my son and that's not what he says

1 hour ago, BM1874 said:

Thought from the games I saw that barker has the heart of a mouse. Undoubtedly a good player but Souttar ruined him with his (brilliant) tackle 

Barker?

All pace and no end product and don’t see him as any better than Morrison tbh

18 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Rangers at it with a derisory 50k offer to Dundee for Kamara early 

Some things never change.

According to the EEN, Hibs are trying to sign Marc McNulty from Reading, and trying to get a deal done to sign Scott Allan early.

All without a manager. 

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Rangers at it with a derisory 50k offer to Dundee for Kamara early 

Correct me if I am wrong, but if they wait til the summer, do Dundee not get anything?

if that’s the case, then I don’t see what’s wrong with Rangers’ bid. We would have done the exact same thing if we were in their position.

6 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

According to the EEN, Hibs are trying to sign Marc McNulty from Reading, and trying to get a deal done to sign Scott Allan early.

All without a manager. 

I would be gobsmacked if they managed to get McNulty.

think there’d be a few other English teams who’d take him first and he’s on a decent wage down there.

9 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but if they wait til the summer, do Dundee not get anything?

if that’s the case, then I don’t see what’s wrong with Rangers’ bid. We would have done the exact same thing if we were in their position.

And they do have other midfield players just now.