• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• cb1874

• The Gorgie

• Bongo 1874

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s going to be lots of similar threads this month, me, I’ll just be patient and see what comes around, pretty confident we’ll come out of the window stronger, especially with all our injured stars back. If we make a couple of signings as well, great. Can’t wait to see our new centre forward in action as well. Soutar will be away but hopefully not for a year or two.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Not keen to see him go but it's a lot of money.     The club would certainly consider that as a bid.

Lot of money really? Personally if true and for that price we've robbed ourselves.

Just now, TheStig said:

Lot of money really? Personally if true and for that price we've robbed ourselves.

Exactly. 

Look how much the sheep want for that huddie McKenna?

£5M at least and a huge sell on fee.

The boy will captain Scotland one day.

Edited by Lovecraft

Apparently they are taking him with the injury. As said not in the know but its one way to put a damper on your new year.

Edited by TheStig

He's going to have to leave sooner or later.

He's destined for bigger things just like Paterson.

It would be nice to keep these guys but that's not the world we live in any more. 

2 minutes ago, Bauld said:

It would be nice to keep these guys but that's not the world we live in any more. 

Very true, but we are not in the same financial state we were in before.

I'm sure he still has 1.5 years left on his contract too.

Edited by Lovecraft

Don't think clubs will take a chance on him until he is over his latest injury.

Having said that I suppose gambling 3 million or so is pocket money to teams in EPL or Championship.

4 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

That’s why we should sell sooner rather than later.  We need to start getting decent fees for these players, including sell on. 

1.5 years isn’t a long time and if he didn’t sign a new contract we can lose him for free next season. 

Be very surprised if a club would spend money on a player currently coming back from a second long term injury in fairly quick succession. 

No doubt he will move on but think the summer at the earliest. 

17 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

£5M at least and a huge sell on fee.

The boy will captain Scotland one day.

This.

Just now, jim747 said:

This.

Preferably a new contract and another year learning from Berra and Levein, then we can double that.

portobellojambo1
37 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Not in the know but heard from a mate soutter going to leeds for £2.5m this month? Hope its shite

I think your hope is the correct answer. He has no desire to leave HMFC at the moment as he knows in himself he isn't the finished article and still has a lot of learning to do. And the figure of £2.5 million mentioned in this thread is surely someone trying to create a joke. When Souttar does eventually leave us it will be for a hell of a lot more than £2.5 million. In the meantime he will continue to develop at Tynecastle.

Edited by portobellojambo1

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

It's not about our financial state. 

It's the whole football climate. 

He is going to be capable of playing in the EPL, even if it is only a bottom 6 club. Which puts him much higher than the SPFL.

Then there is the money side of things. 

He could be earning as much as 50k a week or more by heading South. Which he should absolutely chase. 

3-5k a week here? images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNcWCrLYJRXyIsMv45GAq

17 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Absolutely.

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think your hope is the correct answer. He has no desire to leave HMFC at the moment as he knows in himself he isn't the finished article and still has a lot of learning to do. And the figure of £2.5 million mentioned in this thread is surely someone trying to create a joke. When Souttar deoes eventually leave us it will be for a hell of a lot more than 2.5 million. In the meantime he will continue to develop at Tynecastle.

I hope your right but for us to get more money I think he'll need to sign another deal and stay a bit longer

Bazzas right boot

Anything over £3.5m with a sell on and I'd be OK with it. 

Anything under £3m and although still good, be a bit underwhelmed. 

I'd want £4.5m but can't see it. 

The club and fans (who can imagine all kinds of notional figures) live in different worlds.     It's easy to say "£5m minimum",   but how many such transfers occur out of the SPFL?     Not many.

If we get a huge fee then the chances of a sell-on diminish.    If we insist on a sell-on then the up front fee diminishes.    It's a trade off.     

7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The club and fans (who can imagine all kinds of notional figures) live in different worlds.     It's easy to say "£5m minimum",   but how many such transfers occur out of the SPFL?     Not many.

If we get a huge fee then the chances of a sell-on diminish.    If we insist on a sell-on then the up front fee diminishes.    It's a trade off.     

Not at all.

We now have a genuine business leader in charge.

Say what you want about our Vlad, but he got the going rate for Craig Gordon.

Besides, the rest of the teams outside Celtic are skint.

What was the final fee for McGinn?

How much are Motherwell selling their striker for?

Edit:  Never realised he was out of contract in the summer.  But still.  Most other clubs in the SPL would take low fees for their players due to lack of money in Scotland.

Edited by Lovecraft

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, sadj said:

18 months

There's the difference between McKenna. He is in the first year of a 6 year contract. 

2.5 is not to be dismissed. A few interested parties would help. His injury history won't 

Every time we have a thread about transfer fees, we always over estimate what a player is worth, all fans do it. 

The reality is, who knows what was told to get the player to sign a contract. We all believe he is worth a lot more, but I think anywhere near £3m and I think the club would sell

7 minutes ago, daftie said:

Every time we have a thread about transfer fees, we always over estimate what a player is worth, all fans do it. 

The reality is, who knows what was told to get the player to sign a contract. We all believe he is worth a lot more, but I think anywhere near £3m and I think the club would sell

And that's exactly why Scottish football will never be taken seriously. Our best players from all club are worth money. Yet the slight sign of a coin we buckle. **** them time to hold our own in the transfer market

Edited by TheStig

I'd take the £2.5million. Risky to hedge our bets with only 18 months left on his contract. Invest it in new players and wages. 

8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

£2.5m and the Shuagnessy lad is a deal I’d take tbh.

On the one hand, I'd be reluctant to deal at £2.5m while on the other I would not want us to lose out through injury as we did with Paterson.  With Shaughnessy in the deal that is a bit more attractive but I would still want add-ons like for say 100 appearances, 10 or more international appearances and a percentage of any future transfer fee.  Asking a bit much maybe but shy bairns get nae milk.

joondalupjambo

To me it seems that these days any sell on clause and a decent percentage is key to an overall good deal.  If we got 2.5m and 10% sell on to a team like Leeds then he excels and gets punted to a top 6 club in the EPL for daft money we could end up with another 2.5m or so.  I trust Hearts to do the right thing in relation to Souttar.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Not keen to see him go but it's a lot of money.     The club would certainly consider that as a bid.

No danger that’s a pittance. £5m or :bolt: 

19 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Could buy Dunne for that kind of money.

No chance. Dunne will have a far better career than Souttar.

That’s pittance.  Look at John mcginn as an example. Villa fans are pissing themselves because they got him so cheap. 

Id like to think £5m at the very least. And a sell on. The lad is destined for great things 

The Goalscoring Knee
20 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Oh goody, a whole month of comedy threads to while away the boring days.

Was just thinking that - halfway through January 1...