Itunes/Ipod advice required

Goldstone Wonder

Goldstone Wonder

I downloaded some tunes the other night to the Itunes on my wife's laptop. Because my iPod is registered to the family PC my understanding is that if i hook it up to my wife's laptop, and upload these tunes on to my ipod, this will simultaneously erase all the tunes I have on my own ipod because an ipod can only be synched to one PC at a time. Is that correct?

To avoid this I tried to burn the tunes onto a disc with a view to downloading the tunes on the disc on to the other PC, but for whatever reason (and it may be that the discs I've got are not working or there is a problem with the laptop) I've tried it twice and the tunes would not upload properly onto the disc so I cannot upload them onto the family PC.

Has anyone got any ideas/solutions for me? Could I transfer these tunes by using a memory stick for instance? Or am I wrong about my assumption in my first paragraph ?

Cheers

I don't think it will erase the original songs on your Ipod, I have put songs on my Ipod from several different computers with no ill effect.

Goldstone Wonder
I don't think it will erase the original songs on your Ipod, I have put songs on my Ipod from several different computers with no ill effect.

ok many thanks. I must have dreamt this!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Old versions of itunes used to do that but since then they've revised the DRM Licence stuff

Also when you used to download stuff from the itunes music store you couldn't use it on more than one ipod

Goldstone Wonder
Old versions of itunes used to do that but since then they've revised the DRM Licence stuff

Also when you used to download stuff from the itunes music store you couldn't use it on more than one ipod

Ah I see. Hopefully I've upgraded ok.

While we are on the subject can I have more than one Itunes library on the same computer? I am using a different e-mail address to my son but the tunes end up in his library and we are both having difficulty erasing the songs we dont want.

I don't use iTunes... simply don't like it!

I use a Windows Explorer add-in call Anapod by Red Chair Software it does everything iTunes does but also quite a few extras including copying music back of the iPod.

Recommended!

While we are on the subject can I have more than one Itunes library on the same computer? I am using a different e-mail address to my son but the tunes end up in his library and we are both having difficulty erasing the songs we dont want.

You can but you need to set up different user accounts for windows as the Itunes Library is stored in the My Documents folder of the currently logged in user.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
You can but you need to set up different user accounts for windows as the Itunes Library is stored in the My Documents folder of the currently logged in user.

I concur

I used to do the same with my ex on my mac

Archived