Things can only get better?

Dr. Bapswent

Dr. Bapswent

KB and the club seem to be at their lowest ebb.

An interesting notion, seeing as Im sure many of us over the last few months have thought at various times, things couldn't get much worse!

But with the rumours about Frail being ousted (supposedly), and CM leaving, the Scottish connections with the club are dwindling, if not all but extinguished.

However, over the last few weeks, many thread have been posted about the dislike of CM and the failure of Frail. Indeed many have called for his head over an over.

And now he has gone, yet the overall feeling is over despair.

Did people not get what they wanted?

So what happens next. Who knows!

Who has even known?

But the logical approach is that Vlad is preparing to replace these positions with someone else. So the questions needs to be asked? Is that a bad thing?

I mean, can we actually replace these people with worse?

(I actually thought CM was decent and at least you knew where you stood with him, he was approachable etc)

And yes, I am aware of the spectre of Malofeev. But if we can avoid that ghost, surely whoever the replacement is bound to be is going to be a step up? at least theoretically.

Of course this all hangs in the balance of who it might be, if anyone, and we don't have any answers there yet. But it certainly is odd that the feeling is that things have got a bit worse, yet many people have just got what they wanted.

As D:Ream sang in 95, 'Things can only get better'.......cant they?

An interesting notion, seeing as Im sure many of us over the last few months have thought at various times, things couldn't get much worse!

But with the rumours about Frail being ousted (supposedly), and CM leaving, the Scottish connections with the club are dwindling, if not all but extinguished.

However, over the last few weeks, many thread have been posted about the dislike of CM and the failure of Frail. Indeed many have called for his head over an over.

Who has even known?

But the logical approach is that Vlad is preparing to replace these positions with someone else. So the questions needs to be asked? Is that a bad thing?

(I actually thought CM was decent and at least you knew where you stood with him, he was approachable etc)

And yes, I am aware of the spectre of Malofeev. But if we can avoid that ghost, surely whoever the replacement is bound to be is going to be a step up? at least theoretically.

Of course this all hangs in the balance of who it might be, if anyone, and we don't have any answers there yet. But it certainly is odd that the feeling is that things have got a bit worse, yet many people have just got what they wanted.

I dont think anyone is gutted they are gone...they are gutted about CM because of the reasons behind him leaving and what they could signal for our future. I do not think anyone is gutted about losing CM for the work he did. As for Frail nobody is despairing at his departure either...im glad he is gone...he was weak, meek and unable to to perform the role he was afforded.

I agree things can only get better. Pish song tho:)

Drylaw Hearts

If you had asked this on Monday I would have answered probably yes.

But sacking(?) Frail on the first day of Pre-Season Training and leaving us with no Head Coach leaves us in a worse position than we were with Frail.

Dr. Bapswent
If you had asked this on Monday I would have answered probably yes.

But sacking(?) Frail on the first day of Pre-Season Training and leaving us with no Head Coach leaves us in a worse position than we were with Frail.

Yes, but surely thats for a reason. (Im speculating here obviously)

Surely its because they have or are lining up a replacement.

Even if it is the next Kaunas ex manager, surely its no worse that Frail?

My point is, things haven't got much worse have they? and actually seem to be in preparation for changes, which is surely better?

Stewart MacD
Replacements are likely to be more weak, meek and unable to to perform the role afforded

So no change then?

slashishere
So no change then?

apart from the few players that did have a bit of repsect possibly losing that as well:sad:

Chad Sexington

My point is, things haven't got much worse have they? and actually seem to be in preparation for changes, which is surely better?

I hope you're right.

The brutality of Shaggy's exit is either good news- in that we are about to be wowed by a dynamic new management team.

Or very ominous- in that Vlad is throwing another hissy fit after hearing of Frail's downcast demeanor lately. Leaving us criminally unprepared for pre-season.

Either way, I'm watching through the cracks in my fingers.

If we have some new Messiah coming in, why didn't we just let Frail continue til then, and let the new guy give the "I'm bringing in my own people" speech. Instead we create another situation to be exploited by the press and undermine the start of pre-season training.

After all the **** Frail has eaten for them (yeah, he got paid for it) and they treat him like that.

W4nkers.

Darth Sidious

Santini will be appointed and be given a transfer warchest. Offers will go in for Ross McCormack, Mark Reynolds and Barry Nicholson to build a Scottish backbone in the team. All Liths apart from Cesny and Miko will be sent home.

2 Current Russian Internationals will be signed.

Yes I am d:reaming....

The Old Tolbooth

Step forward Ziggy :confused:

Dr. Bapswent
Step forward Ziggy :confused:

But that wouldnt be a step back would it?

Just a sidestep.

So we wouldnt really have lost anything.

In fact, he is an unknown and may actually have a decent effect, its uknown.

The point being, things wouldnt be getting much worse would they.

Drylaw Hearts

Don't kid yourself.

Things have got worse by sacking Frail and appointing another Pyramid Manager will only further anger the fans.

The Old Tolbooth
But that wouldnt be a step back would it?

Just a sidestep.

So we wouldnt really have lost anything.

In fact, he is an unknown and may actually have a decent effect, its uknown.

The point being, things wouldnt be getting much worse would they.

After all that's happened in the last 2 and a half years, after all the bull we've been fed, after all the lies we've been told (cue the nob heads coming on asking to prove what lies he's told), you cant really blame me for thinking the club is in free fall and nothing will get done about it?

The only steps whilst running Hearts FC Vlad seems to be able to make are backward ones, and my confidence in him is zero.

jack D and coke
If we have some new Messiah coming in, why didn't we just let Frail continue til then, and let the new guy give the "I'm bringing in my own people" speech. Instead we create another situation to be exploited by the press and undermine the start of pre-season training.

After all the **** Frail has eaten for them (yeah, he got paid for it) and they treat him like that.

W4nkers.

Frail took the flak for that pair of tossers AK and chervenkov or whatever his feckin name was then had his hands tied by romaknob for the remainder of the season. His defending of clum done me in but the way he's been treated is scandalous. I'm dreading what gimp's strings he's intending to pull this season.

Dr. Bapswent
Don't kid yourself.

Things have got worse by sacking Frail and appointing another Pyramid Manager will only further anger the fans.

I wasnt aware that was possible!

PresidentRomanov
Don't kid yourself.

So we want Frail now?

And how do you know who he's going to appoint as manager?

Drylaw Hearts
So we want Frail now?

I'd rather have Frail than Korabochka - which is what we are left with.

And how do you know who he's going to appoint as manager?

Go back to the start and read all the posts again.

Slowly.

Who has even known?

As D:Ream sang in 95, 'Things can only get better'.......cant they?[/QUOTE]

My mate from school (Big Al McKenzie) co wrote the song and was the brains behind the band (his words not mine). Good Jambo.

Sniffed the profits up his nose. :)

Harry Kinnear

About to head off on holiday, I will try to avoid internet cafes, but I am sure that Vlad's representatives have been scouring Euro 2008, picking up quality players, in cahoots with the soon to be named Messiah, Messiah at his first day at Riccarton will give an inspirational Getysburg type address reducing the seasoned Hearts professionals to tears, even those who don't speak Rusian, inspiring hope, dispelling cynicism and despair, the sun will shaft through the gentle west Edinburgh drizzle on a group of highly motivated, skilled individuals who now believe and know that they will take maximum points from the Old Firm next season.

PresidentRomanov
I'd rather have Frail than Korabochka - which is what we are left with.

Go back to the start and read all the posts again.

Slowly.

Has the post naming our new manager been removed?

Just read them all again, and couldn't see it?

Guest JamboRobbo

Excellent. I'm gonna sit back and confidently await the SPL title. Champions League here we come.

Cut The Crap

I actually thought it would be impossible to beat the last two pre-seasons in terms of sheer ineptitude, but VR looks like he's really going to push the boat out this time. :sad:

Guest JamboRobbo
I actually thought it would be impossible to beat the last two pre-seasons in terms of sheer ineptitude, but VR looks like he's really going to push the boat out this time. :sad:

Pre season training is over-rated anyway. Our latest revolutionary techniques will show their benefits in 221 years time. We may look a bit jaded now and again until then, but once we get over that initial tough spell, there will be no stopping us from playing a brand of football the likes of which the world has never seen....

Guest GhostHunter
Pre season training is over-rated anyway. Our latest revolutionary techniques will show their benefits in 221 years time. We may look a bit jaded now and again until then, but once we get over that initial tough spell, there will be no stopping us from playing a brand of football the likes of which the world has never seen....

Yup - I hear the fella's in the picture have all been signed up on 18 year deals.

Just a pity not all of them will make it.

sperm.jpg

Drylaw Hearts
Has the post naming our new manager been removed?

Just read them all again, and couldn't see it?

Read Post #6 and my reply Post #16.

Guest JamboRobbo
Yup - I hear the fella's in the picture have all been signed up on 18 year deals.

Just a pity not all of them will make it.

sperm.jpg

Is it just me, or do they all look a bit like Miko and Pinilla?

Guest JamboRobbo

Still, surely someone else is lined up now? Surely someone who was so good at spotting and quickly exorcising those who were killing the club on a daily basis can see we need stability and credibility along with a few decent players, surely?

You'd think so eh. I expect most of those who've been killing our club must be just about gotten rid of by now. Once they've all been weeded out, I'm sure the genius of those still left will inevitable show itself and lead us to glory. :P

PresidentRomanov
Read Post #6 and my reply Post #16.

If it's all the same to you, I'll wait and see for myself :)

I don't think they are any where near as bad as they could be unfortunately.

Yeah, there's far lower that ***** Romanov can take us. :sad:

Drylaw Hearts
If it's all the same to you, I'll wait and see for myself :)

I would expect nothing less.

KingRibSupper
Don't kid yourself.

Agree with that.

I could understand booting Frail IF we had a decent manager coming in.

Who knows , maybe we have :sad:

Guest gorgie kev

Who has even known?

Damn mis read the thread title.Thought it read things can only get bitter.

Well exactly. We're sh*te now and so long as Vlad keeps us just as sh*te as we are right now it's a good news day :rolleyes:

Ziggy is a step down from Frail, and that's saying one hell of a lot.

Archived