HMFC Share Register

Footballfirst

1 hour ago, clanmac said:

Ok so next stupid question, I don’t seem to have been allocated those shares, who would I contact.

I have the same question and would appreciate an answer that is more helpful than "Read the OP".

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• davemclaren

• Bull's-eye

• Pheasant Plucker

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, clanmac said:

Ok so next stupid question, I don’t seem to have been allocated those shares, who would I contact.

5 minutes ago, Boof said:

I have the same question and would appreciate an answer that is more helpful than "Read the OP".

I would try the Registrars first (contact details in the OP). If they have no record of you having any shares, then you will have to go to the club and see if they have a record of your purchase.

If you have proof of having subscribed to the 2012 share offer, then it should be easier to resolve.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I would try the Registrars first (contact details in the OP). If they have no record of you having any shares, then you will have to go to the club and see if they have a record of your purchase.

If you have proof of having subscribed to the 2012 share offer, then it should be easier to resolve.

My understanding id that when the Romanov’s ‘left’ the club  a lot of shares subscription forms were left sitting in boxes and the new regime tried their best to process them. Wouldn't surprise me if some went missing. Proving you subscribed might be tricky though. 

On 21/12/2018 at 15:04, Footballfirst said:

There are a few notable entries. 

The Heart of Midlothian Supporters Trust still owns 70,403, presumably still on behalf of a number of small shareholders.

Lord Foulkes is listed next in the register to the Foundation of Hearts.

Ann Budge's interest is held under two entities, Bidco (1874) Limited and Heart of Midlothian 2005 Limited.

Looking back to the bad old days of Chris Robinson, Murrayfield and the Save out Hearts campaign, most of the prominent figures of the time have either sold out completely or just retained a token holding. For example, some of the older posters may remember "Badger", who I think held around 3% of the club's shares at the time, he now owns just 77 shares.

I have been trying for years now to have the HOMST shares held on my behalf transferred to my name without success.

Equiniti have told me it cannot be done as the shares were not properly transferred from one of Leslie Deans businesses to HOMST.

I have chased this up with Derek Watson previously with HOMST but again with no success.

Any advice?

Edited by ollie2004
Typo

On 22/12/2018 at 10:28, Footballfirst said:

I converted the PDF file into a more searchable format and picked out anyone with 10,000 or more shares. (I may have missed a few). I found 132 such holdings, including 71 with exactly 10,000 and 61 holding more than that. Some of the names I recognise from JKB and elsewhere, so I won't list any individuals, although anyone can search what is a public document. There are around 8,000 individual shareholdings. Here is a list of those with more than 50,000 shares.

BIDCO (1874) LIMITED    138,136,302    88.278%
HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN 2005 LIMITED    6,541,662    4.181%
Private Individual     500,000    0.320%
FOUNDATION OF HEARTS LIMITED    351,864    0.225%
Private Individual    300,000    0.192%
PENTLAND SECURITIES /HOLDINGS/ LIMITED     250,000    0.160%
Private Individual    100,000    0.064%
Private Individual     100,000    0.064%
HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN SUPPORTERS TRUST     70,403    0.045%
WINTERFLOOD SECURITIES LIMITED     67,656    0.043%
Private Individual     66,636    0.043%
ROWANMOOR TRUSTEES LIMITED     56,200    0.036%
Private Individual    50,000    0.032%

I suspect the Pentland Securities Holdings Ltd is the 250,000 shares bought by HOMST on behalf of a number of subscribers like me who have never received those shares.

As per my earlier post these shares were not properly transferred but it appears that if that was the case did Leslie Deans receive payment for them circa £85k or is the money held elsewhere.

Perhaps Derek Watson could clarify this!

Footballfirst
56 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

I have been trying for years now to have the HOMST shares held on my behalf transferred to my name without success.

Equiniti have told me it cannot be done as the shares were not properly transferred from one of Leslie Deans businesses to HOMST.

I have chased this up with Derek Watson previously with HOMST but again with no success.

Any advice?

I didn't get involved with HOMST and I'm glad that I didn't, going by the problems that some people have had trying to get their shares out of it.

Derek Watson's name has come up several times. I was aware of his involvement with Save Our Hearts back in 2004, where he appeared to be approachable and responsive. I don't know why HOMST should have failed its members.

I can see why the club wouldn't be either aware or responsible for what was done in their name (or at least the name on the shares). Equiniti will only reflect the information that they have been provided through their transfer processes or supplied to them following a share issue, whether that is by the club, HOMST, a stockbroker, or any individual.

Who are the trustees of HOMST? They have a legal responsibility to the members/beneficiaries of the trust.  If the trustees have all resigned, then I don't know how the situation can be resolved without legal assistance, possibly involving a petition to the Court of Session. That could cost money, perhaps more than the value of the shares.

FOH had HOMST representation (Jane Lewis) on their Board for a time. They might be able to help with contacts.

Given that this has gone on so long and the fact that there are probably tens if not hundreds of people affected, why don't a few of you get together and make an official complaint to the police.

I don't know how the crime would be described, but could possibly range from a complaint about the trustees failing to execute their responsibilities, their unlawful retention / misappropriation of shares or, in a worst case scenario, something as serious as fraud.

Edited by Footballfirst

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I didn't get involved with HOMST and I'm glad that I didn't, going by the problems that some people have had trying to get their shares out of it.

Derek Watson's name has come up several times. I was aware of his involvement with Save Our Hearts back in 2004, where he appeared to be approachable and responsive. I don't know why HOMST should have failed its members.

I can see why the club wouldn't be either aware or responsible for what was done in their name (or at least the name on the shares). Equiniti will only reflect the information that they have been provided through their transfer processes or supplied to them following a share issue, whether that is by the club, HOMST, a stockbroker, or any individual.

Who are the trustees of HOMST? They have a legal responsibility to the members/beneficiaries of the trust.  If the trustees have all resigned, then I don't know how the situation can be resolved without legal assistance, possibly involving a petition to the Court of Session. That could cost money, perhaps more than the value of the shares.

FOH had HOMST representation (Jane Lewis) on their Board for a time. They might be able to help with contacts.

Given that this has gone on so long and the fact that there are probably tens if not hundreds of people affected, why don't a few of you get together and make an official complaint to the police.

I don't know how the crime would be described, but could possibly range from a complaint about the trustees failing to execute their responsibilities, their unlawful retention / misappropriation of shares or, in a worst case scenario, something as serious as fraud.

Cheers for your input mate!

I was in conversation with Stevie1874 last November about the Save Our Hearts campsign. He was also concerned about not having his shares transferred to his name.

I have raised this issue with the club who say I need to raise this with Equiniti which I have but with no success.

The major issue being that Pentland Securities Holdings Ltd are dissolved but if that is the case how can they still have assets such as shares?

It really is a mess and I think the club should try and get it resolved as there are 250,000 shares out there with apparently no owner as the listed company does not exist.

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

Cheers for your input mate!

I was in conversation with Stevie1874 last November about the Save Our Hearts campsign. He was also concerned about not having his shares transferred to his name.

I have raised this issue with the club who say I need to raise this with Equiniti which I have but with no success.

The major issue being that Pentland Securities Holdings Ltd are dissolved but if that is the case how can they still have assets such as shares?

It really is a mess and I think the club should try and get it resolved as there are 250,000 shares out there with apparently no owner as the listed company does not exist.

I think the 250k Pentland shares may well still be in the names of CPR/LD.

HOMST has 70,403 in its own name.  If that holding was made up of fans holdings, then even if each fan contributed 500 shares, you would be talking about 140 fans affected.

When companies are dissolved in Scotland, any remaining assets, such as land, buildings or, in this case, shares, fall under the control of the office of the Queen's and Lord Treasurer's Rembrancer as the Crown's representative in Scotland. Such assets are described as being "bona vacantia" (property that has no owner).  That is what happened with the HOM 2005 Ltd shares, where Ann Budge had to petition the Court of Session before she could claim ownership rights.  If HOMST is in a similar position then it might be a route that could be followed.

The QLTR is at liberty either to dispose of the assets for the benefit of the Scottish Government, or "disclaim" ownership. It might be worth contacting their office for advice if nothing else.

http://www.qltr.gov.uk/

22 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Pentland Securites (Holdings) Limited appeared in the Edinburgh Gazette on 31 August 2007. It was scheduled to be formally dissolved 3 months from the date of the notice.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/E-26311-2609-234

Hence the problem.

Their shares were not ptoperly transferred to HOMST snd are in limbo.

If your calculations are correct then the 4th largest shareholding cannot vote on matters.

Below is the certificate I was sent by HOMST when it was still active. I have lot derek phone number and not seen him to talk to this season. I contacted supporters direct to ee if they had any influence in the matter but got nowhere with them either. As both HOMST and Pentland securities no longer exist  perhaps QLTR is the road to go down. Happy to join in and contribute if needed.

No automatic alt text available.

Worthing Jambo
15 minutes ago, brownkg said:

Below is the certificate I was sent by HOMST when it was still active. I have lot derek phone number and not seen him to talk to this season. I contacted supporters direct to ee if they had any influence in the matter but got nowhere with them either. As both HOMST and Pentland securities no longer exist  perhaps QLTR is the road to go down. Happy to join in and contribute if needed.

As I would too.

If a visit to Equiniti is needed, they are about 500 yards away from me.

Surely it is just the trust shares that are of interest?

3 hours ago, brownkg said:

Similar certificate mate.

Got 10 loyalty points per season then from the club yet they do not acknowledge that now.

We need an answer and I have copy emails between Derek Watson, Leslie Deans and Equiniti in respect of this issue.

Happy to share so PM me if you want details..

Edited by ollie2004

3 hours ago, Worthing Jambo said:

As I would too.

If a visit to Equiniti is needed, they are about 500 yards away from me.

Surely it is just the trust shares that are of interest?

PM me mate. See my response to brownkg.

Perhaps a joint approach to the club might help to try and get them on board.

I suspect any legal action by victims of this debacle (sorry) might cost more than the combined shares are worth.

Edited by ollie2004
Typo

53 minutes ago, ollie2004 said:

PM me mate. See my response to brownkg.

Perhaps a joint approach to the club might help to try and get them on board.

I suspect any legal action by victims of this debacle (sorry) might cost more than the combined shares are worth.

The shares are only worth a token amount so I would think any legal fees would, unfortunately, make any action difficult to justify, in a financial sense at least. 

On 21/12/2018 at 13:29, Footballfirst said:

The club has just lodged a full list of shareholders with Companies House in its Confirmation Statement (CS01).  For anyone who is unsure how many shares you hold then you can check the listing.

The CS01 only provides shareholder names and the number of shares held, so if you have a query about consolidating holdings or your address then you would have to contact the Registrars directly. Equiniti can be contacted by phone on 0371 382 2492, or in writing to Equiniti, Aspect House, Spencer Road, Lancing, West Sussex, BN99 6DA.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005863/filing-history

Note that the PDF document is 483 pages long and just under 5mb in size.

Francis Albert

It would be invidious to name names but skimming through the first half of the register it was surprising to discover that many well kent Hearts names (some currently or previously closely connected to the club) did not contribute to saving the club through the Fedotovas share offer (or did so at most in a very token fashion). I know some would by that stage reject anything to do with Vlad but fortunately 4000 of us were not so discriminating, maybe held our noses a bit, but succeeded in enabling the club to stagger on, fulfil our fixtures that season, and avoid liquidation. They deserve to share some of the credit for saving the club.

Also from FF's analysis the great bulk of the astonishing £1m plus raised in barely a month must have come from relatively small contributions.

Pwoud to see my name listed there. £110 for a life time of disappointment with one or two rare magnificent highs.

Worth every penny.

39 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It would be invidious to name names but skimming through the first half of the register it was surprising to discover that many well kent Hearts names (some currently or previously closely connected to the club) did not contribute to saving the club through the Fedotovas share offer (or did so at most in a very token fashion). I know some would by that stage reject anything to do with Vlad but fortunately 4000 of us were not so discriminating, maybe held our noses a bit, but succeeded in enabling the club to stagger on, fulfil our fixtures that season, and avoid liquidation. They deserve to share some of the credit for saving the club.

Also from FF's analysis the great bulk of the astonishing £1m plus raised in barely a month must have come from relatively small contributions.

There are a few names I am surprised to see missing, unless they have bought under a pseudonym, or via a SIPP (unlikely, since we are not listed).  

No no matter I bought, and had shares beforehand so proud to see name on the list.  

Regardless,  no matter who bought shares, or how, we did.   We saved our club, unlike a significant other.  

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
54 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

well put "stagger on" - I think Bryan Jackson acknowledged that share issue (dodgy as it may have been) as important in buying the necessary stagger time on the timeline to survival and recovery

mostly forgotten about now 

On 21/12/2018 at 16:04, Footballfirst said:

There are a few notable entries. 

The Heart of Midlothian Supporters Trust still owns 70,403, presumably still on behalf of a number of small shareholders.

Are these the shares that became Bona Vacantia when the company was dissolved in 2013 or so, and consequently were not part of the sale from the Lithianians to Bidco?

I think the Crown then officially resigned their claim to the shares (in 2016) but why would they still be held by a company that has been dissloved?

I would have thought they then reverted to ownership of the company itself (i.e. HOM plc) rather than Bidco?

Thoughts?

EDIT - sorry I see now that you have already commented on this in another post above FF.

Edited by oddball

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2018 at 11:18, davemclaren said:

My understanding id that when the Romanov’s ‘left’ the club  a lot of shares subscription forms were left sitting in boxes and the new regime tried their best to process them. Wouldn't surprise me if some went missing. Proving you subscribed might be tricky though. 

Can anyone recall when these share shenanigans happened?

I'd like to check my bank to see if there's an unexplained large (for me) withdrawal around the relevant time.

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, Boof said:

I'd like to check my bank to see if there's an unexplained large (for me) withdrawal around the relevant time.

November/December 2012.

"Shenanigans"? Not really. A process that contributed hugely to saving the club. A bit messy but in the desperate circumstances that is hardly surprising. The idea that the money went to Lithuania is one of the great anti-Vlad, anti-Lith myths.

46 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

November/December 2012.

"Shenanigans"? Not really. A process that contributed hugely to saving the club. A bit messy but in the desperate circumstances that is hardly surprising. The idea that the money went to Lithuania is one of the great anti-Vlad, anti-Lith myths.

Yeah, my apologies. I just looked for something alliterative with share :lol:

Just glad we didn't stand idly by and let our club die.

3 hours ago, Boof said:

??‍♂️

On 24/12/2018 at 16:50, Paolo said:

There are a few names I am surprised to see missing, unless they have bought under a pseudonym, or via a SIPP (unlikely, since we are not listed).  

No no matter I bought, and had shares beforehand so proud to see name on the list.  

Regardless,  no matter who bought shares, or how, we did.   We saved our club, unlike a significant other.  

I was proud to have done my bit by contributing to that share issue. Friends and family told   me I was daft falling for a scam etc. If we had all taken the cynical view there would have been no club left to save.

It was a fantastic effort from the fans as was the subsequent fund raising efforts. Young fans handing over their piggy bank savings etc. It was was an emotional time but look at us now.

sandylejambo

us Thomsons are as common as muck. there's more of us shareholders than most clubs in Scotland get as a crowd, even my wee wife is in there and she can be arsed with football.

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

I was proud to have done my bit by contributing to that share issue. Friends and family told   me I was daft falling for a scam etc. If we had all taken the cynical view there would have been no club left to save.

It was a fantastic effort from the fans as was the subsequent fund raising efforts. Young fans handing over their piggy bank savings etc. It was was an emotional time but look at us now.

This in spades.

Makes me proud as punch to see my name there.

Footballfirst

I've now created an excel spreadsheet from the CS01 document.  

There are 8016 shareholdings listed and as you would expect the amount of shares held by most individuals is low, with most holding "round" figures (100, 200, 400, 1,000, 2,500, 5,000 and 10,000). I was struck however by the number of individuals with a single share (563), but more so by the number holding exactly 1,000 shares (2,767).

I guess that many of the "1,000" shareholders acquired their shares in the 2012 offer, when you would have got your 1,000 shares for £110.

image.png.b498f13ed7b03772932b2ea05ca66c33.png

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Fun Boaby said:

There are shares held by a ltd company who appear to have went out of business recently.

whats likely to happen to these shares? 

If the company is in administration or liquidation, then the administrators/liquidators would normally seek to realise the asset value of the shares for the benefit of the creditors.

In Hearts case, if the holding is a small one, then the value of the shares might be less than the cost of selling them, so might be left in the company's name when it is dissolved.

If the shares are held by a dissolved company, then they become the property of the Queen's and Lord Treasurer's Remembrancer (i.e. the Crown). Such shares can still be subject to a claim, such as that made by Ann Budge for the HOM 2005 Ltd shares, but could be sold off with the money going to the Scottish Government.  The QLTR often doesn't know about the existence of such shareholdings until someone makes a legal claim or enquiry.

Harry Potter

Will keep paying 10 a month, season ticket holder and pay my sons tickets to game, pretty

normal stuff since ive followed Hearts since 1971, and 20 pounds a month to

Orwell Hearts supporters club, 

8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If the company is in administration or liquidation, then the administrators/liquidators would normally seek to realise the asset value of the shares for the benefit of the creditors.

In Hearts case, if the holding is a small one, then the value of the shares might be less than the cost of selling them, so might be left in the company's name when it is dissolved.

If the shares are held by a dissolved company, then they become the property of the Queen's and Lord Treasurer's Remembrancer (i.e. the Crown). Such shares can still be subject to a claim, such as that made by Ann Budge for the HOM 2005 Ltd shares, but could be sold off with the money going to the Scottish Government.  The QLTR often doesn't know about the existence of such shareholdings until someone makes a legal claim or enquiry.

Thanks.

i might try and contact them

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:13, Footballfirst said:

I've made an offer of 10p a share

Edited by Fun Boaby

I wonder why no one has approached Deans about this. He has been paid and should sort this out.

It’s also a bit strange that Trust paid for these shares without them being available to settle. That should never happen. Normal settlement wouldn’t allow this to happen.

Has anyone checked to confirm that Deans has been paid?

8 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I wonder why no one has approached Deans about this. He has been paid and should sort this out.

It’s also a bit strange that Trust paid for these shares without them being available to settle. That should never happen. Normal settlement wouldn’t allow this to happen.

Has anyone checked to confirm that Deans has been paid?

If they are registered in the Trust's name then surely they must be settled?

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Would like to see some sort of resolution to this. Could Deans sort this out?

He should do...he has been paid and hasn’t delivered what he has been paid for.

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

He should do...he has been paid and hasn’t delivered what he has been paid for.

If that’s the case, then the guy should be hounded.

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If they are registered in the Trust's name then surely they must be settled?

If they are in the trusts name they can and should have been allocated. No reason for that not to happen. 

Reading this thread  my understanding is the excuse given for not allocating the shares is that the Trust didn’t get them.

The reason given for not allocating shares doesn’t add up.

Edited by McCrae

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

If they are in the trusts name they can and should have been allocated. No reason for that not to happen. 

Reading this thread  my understanding is the excuse given for not allocating the shares is that the Trust didn’t get them.

The reason given for not allocating shares does add up.

This is a scandal waiting to be exposed

Maybe one of the snooping journos on here might think about taking it up. Public pressure may be the answer.

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

If that’s the case, then the guy should be hounded.

Maybe he hasn’t been paid? After the Brothwick scandal when monies involved you can’t assume anymore that everything is above board.   Am not suggesting anyone has done anything wrong...but lessons for the past suggest problems can happen.

3 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Maybe he hasn’t been paid? After the Brothwick scandal when monies involved you can’t assume anymore that everything is above board.   Am not suggesting anyone has done anything wrong...but lessons for the past suggest problems can happen.

Genuinely pissed off if what you are suggesting has actually happened. I cannot abide thieves, but using your football club as an opportunity to steal from fellow fans?

:yucky:

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

5 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Genuinely pissed off if what you are suggesting has actually happened. I cannot abide thieves, but using your football club as an opportunity to steal from fellow fans?

:yucky:

It’s not clear to me what has or hasn’t actually happened. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s not clear to me what has or hasn’t actually happened. 

Hopefully and probably nothing..  After this time I would be asking for proof that the Trust paid Deans. If they have and I assume they  have then Deans should be the person asked to resolve this.

if not... then questions need to be asked about what has happened to the money.

It is very unusual for shares to be paid for if the shares are not available for delivery at the same time.  No decent broker would allow this to happen. 

If a broker was involved they can be asked to resolve this. If they don’t the regulator can be complained to and will sort it out. If a broker was not  involved...why not?

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Hopefully and probably nothing..  After this time I would be asking for proof that the Trust paid Deans. If they have and I assume they  have then Deans should be the person asked to resolve this.

if not... then questions need to be asked about what has happened to the money.

It is very unusual for shares to be paid for if the shares are not available for delivery at the same time.  No decent broker would allow this to happen. 

If a broker was involved they can be asked to resolve this. If they don’t the regulator can be complained to and will sort it out. If a broker was not  involved...why not?

Indeed. But if the shares are registeted in the name if the Trust ( as they seem to be ) then how have they not been ‘delivered’?

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Indeed. But if the shares are registeted in the name if the Trust ( as they seem to be ) then how have they not been ‘delivered’?

If they are in the name of the Trust... it just down to poor admin from the Trust.