Alex in River City..

jambovambo

I used to work with Alex from River City (aka Jordan Young) back in the glory days of Sports Division/JJB in the Gyle shopping centre. He's a die hard bluenose, but actually one of the semi reasonable ones that can see things objectively (although was and presumably still is in complete denial about the death of Rangers). Actually a really nice bloke, does a fair bit for charity and always likes a laugh. Still speak now and again via Twitter and the likes. 

• 2 years later...
Maroon Sailor

See Grant Stott has joined River City

Must write his own script as it didn't take him long to get 2016 in.

39 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

See Grant Stott has joined River City

Must write his own script as it didn't take him long to get 2016 in.

Didn't mind him actually as he's sort of ripping the mick out of himself with the character he plays. River city- guilty mon night pleasure lol. Worth it just for wee Nicole 😃

Maroon Sailor
27 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Didn't mind him actually as he's sort of ripping the mick out of himself with the character he plays. River city- guilty mon night pleasure lol. Worth it just for wee Nicole 😃

True

One Question - Yes or No

Are you a Hearts fan ?

No I'm not

Yesssss - I don't know if I could have loved you if you were a Jambo !🤣

He has to have written some of his lines

Grant Stott is brilliant in panto and rips both teams equally. Looking forward to it this year if we are still top but the big guy will take it on the chin as always. Loved tuning into his show on a Monday after another Derby gubbing for them. Top bantz

south morocco
3 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Grant Stott is brilliant in panto and rips both teams equally. Looking forward to it this year if we are still top but the big guy will take it on the chin as always. Loved tuning into his show on a Monday after another Derby gubbing for them. Top bantz

Oh no it isn’t 

5 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

I'm meant to be going to panto too but would be stunned if it goes ahead - all these clowns wanting lockdowns will have us locked up again by December 

Maroon Sailor
5 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

I suppose there are worse Hibs fans

Like his brother

Never minded Grant tbh - not his fault he's been brought up to support that shite 

Edited by Maroon Sailor

will-i-am-a-jambo
On 21/10/2021 at 18:00, Ex member of the SaS said:

Does anyone who is not brain dead actually watch these progs?

What happens if you are brain dead and don't watch these progs? Asking for err a friend!

gogsfaepenrith
On 20/12/2018 at 19:26, Pheasant Plucker said:

Its "set" in Oz but filmed in NZ. Check the end credits.

Nah its no, it's  filmed in Palm beach in Sydney 

On 21/10/2021 at 18:00, Ex member of the SaS said:

Does anyone who is not brain dead actually watch these progs?

Mnmmmm --- Without fear or favour I consider myself a sagacious old codger so considering I don't mind River City presumably I buck the trend

• 3 weeks later...
Maroon Sailor

Irvine Welsh's Crime starts on Britbox.

Dougray Scott is the lead and Irvine has made his character a Jambo which kind of pissed Dougray off !

Edited by Maroon Sailor

On 18/11/2021 at 18:20, Maroon Sailor said:

Dougray Scott is the lead and Irvine has made his character a Jambo which kind of pissed Dougray off !

I will make a wild guess the main character is a deeply flawed human being and probably a bad guy. 
Because Welsh is a child that tries to impress his fellow simpletons. 

Edited by Tazio

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I will make a wild guess the main character is a deeply flawed human being and probably a bad guy. 
Because Welsh is a child that tries to impress his fellow simpletons. 

I haven't got Britbox but suspect he didn't make him a Jambo because he's a good guy

On 22/10/2021 at 21:35, manaliveits105 said:

Worst programme on television 

and complete waste of BBC Scotland’s budget 

Can't be worse than Sportscene. Can it?:lol:

There, is a far bigger budget waste. Cronyism its worst.

Maroon Sailor

Dougray on Sunday Brunch talking about Crime. Had to get Easter Road in which he described as the Theate of Dreams

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Dougray on Sunday Brunch talking about Crime. Had to get Easter Road in which he described as the Theate of Dreams

Aye and in an even worse state than the other theatre of dreams.

3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Clearly he eats cheese before going to bed. 

On 18/11/2021 at 18:20, Maroon Sailor said:

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Watched this, 6 episodes back to back, excellent viewing, the lead character is a Jambo police officer, a flawed addictive personality, drugs and drink - plenty Hearts references not surprisingly for Welsh, Dens 86 gets a mention, Ernie Winchester, Dennis Wyness and Davie Bowman are also referenced 

Defintely worth a watch, you know what you are going to get with Irvine Welsh, I’m sure he is actually a Jambo, he references us way more than Hibs in a lot of his stuff, say what you like, but he can tell a good story, however and dark and grimy it may appear to be.

l