Cairnryan Ferry Carnage

Erik

Last time I was on a ferry from Belfast to Cairnryan, the water was quite rough - bad enough that it was impossible to walk in a straight line on any of the decks, and a lot of people were falling over all over the place with the vertical motion of the ferry ( :lol: ).

The noise coming from the vehicles on the deck below was mental.  There were obviously loads in lorries that weren't secured properly, and stuff was getting battered about all over the place making one hell of a noise with every wave.  I was so worried my car was going to resemble a small metallic pancake by the time we got across the water!  Fortuntely the noise must have been coming from things rolling about in containers and lorries, and not from things sliding about on deck.

I'm not surprised that finally lorries on one of these services have fallen over and moved around on the deck, as it never really seems that secure to me especially for rough weather.  Everything is packed in without much room, and the surface of the floor on the vehicle decks aren't grooved or anything, and instead are incredibly smooth - and not the grippiest things:

spacious-vehicle-deck.jpg