Is Edinburgh Hearts or hibs?

redm

chester copperpot
5 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Just shows who the real cheats are in this city.

The clowns have actually Hibs'd it again. :lol: 

Voting feefs!?!??!!!!!!

queensferryjambo

It would have actually have been nice to have seen what the real split over the city was.

Ruined by some people who take things far too seriously. Shame.

All roads lead to Gorgie
11 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

It would have actually have been nice to have seen what the real split over the city was.

This. 

I have always noticed or known Hearts fans from Portobello and Musselburgh and Hibs fans around Corstorphine and Broomhouse. Leith too has a fair few Jambos. 

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

This. 

I have always noticed or known Hearts fans from Portobello and Musselburgh and Hibs fans around Corstorphine and Broomhouse. Leith too has a fair few Jambos. 

I grew up in Niddrie and definitely more Jambos than Hobbies growing up

22 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Ruined by some people who take things far too seriously. Shame

Hardly surprising though, it's just a clickbait thing anyway! We all know Jambos outnumber Hibees.

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I grew up in Niddrie and definitely more Jambos than Hobbies growing up

The communities close to the old mines were always strong Hearts areas. I believe the Midlothian in our name played a big part in that although the OF drew a few of the less gifted. 

I'm actually slightly surprised at the new levels of desperation reached by some Hibs supporters.

If only they were clever enough to make the result look somewhere approaching possible, daft *******s. :laugh2: 

4 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The communities close to the old mines were always strong Hearts areas. I believe the Midlothian in our name played a big part in that although the OF drew a few of the less gifted. 

Aye I do find it disappointing though that my current abode in Bathgate doesn't have a supporters club any more 

It should have been ten
8 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

This, sad lot. As if it was even up for debate :lol:

Edited by It should have been ten

It shows it comes down to luck who you work beside or get acquainted with.

Ive met more Hearts fans from Leith over the years but I wouldn't claim it to be a dominant maroon area.

Like people hinting Broomhouse (FFS :lol: ) may sway toward green because they've met a couple of vermin from there!

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

It shows it comes down to luck who you work beside or get acquainted with.

Ive met more Hearts fans from Leith over the years but I wouldn't claim it to be a dominant maroon area.

Like people hinting Broomhouse (FFS :lol: ) may sway toward green because they've met a couple of vermin from there!

I only mentioned Broomhouse because according to a mate from the area the defunct pub The Gauntlet, in his words, was a hangout for the hobbits in the area. 

I don't think any area is 100% either way although Broomhouse and sighthill are overwhelmingly maroon that is a given.

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, chico1874 said:

Voting going pretty much as I expected apart from eh27 eh28  which favour Hibs! Wasn’t expecting that.

I presume the Edinburgh live has removed all the dodgy votes now?

When it first started EH30 was roughly 70% Hearts which would be pretty accurate IMO - then the whole of Edinburgh swung to 90+% Hibs everywhere. Now EH30 at 56.6% Hearts (which is never the case it is much higher).

5 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I only mentioned Broomhouse because according to a mate from the area the defunct pub The Gauntlet, in his words, was a hangout for the hobbits in the area. 

I don't think any area is 100% either way although Broomhouse and sighthill are overwhelmingly maroon that is a given.

??  wasn't trying to come across as mocking mate.  There's always a bolt hole for the hobbits somewhere amongst the maroon legions. Lol

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

??  wasn't trying to come across as mocking mate.  There's always a bolt hole for the hobbits somewhere amongst the maroon legions. Lol

No worries I didn't think that. Just a fact of life that there will be a few misguided souls throughout the city but let's try and keep them in their place as always playing second fiddle to us. :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Bozi said:

Aye I do find it disappointing though that my current abode in Bathgate doesn't have a supporters club any more 

In its heyday it had two supporters clubs.

It still has one surviving supporters club (Bathgate & Armadale)

Though buses are few and far between these days.

The  20 min train service to Haymarket,killed the need for any bus travel to home games.

6 hours ago, Tott said:

In its heyday it had two supporters clubs.

It still has one surviving supporters club (Bathgate & Armadale)

Though buses are few and far between these days.

The  20 min train service to Haymarket,killed the need for any bus travel to home games.

Not even so much a bus (as a kid the Craigmillar Hearts bus took me all over the country) but a club, a location for all us Jambos in Bathgate to congregate... And moan our erses off

avhudtheteeshirt

If your main song is "Sunshine on Leith" then I would say Edinburgh belongs to the great "Heart of Midlothian"!

If you ask them they always say Hibs are Leithers!

So I say build a wall and keep them in there!!!!

On 17/12/2018 at 22:17, Yoda said:

EH26 is Hearts.

That's Penicuik for you toonies.

Always has been. Could count the number of vermin at school on one hand when I was growing up!

In Musselburgh now, seems a bit more of a split, but I'd say it's more us than them - which is good considering it's close proximity to the vermin strongholds. 

The map I have just see shows significant Hibs dominance . This would tie in with their cup parade turn out and attendance for the comparable Barcelona friendly, let's bin this tat as it's clearly rubbish , suspect majority of hearts people won't bother or even know about this nonsense. Complete Bollocks. 

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:laugh: that guy that got his votes removed - imagine putting in all that effort and Hearts still won, what a waste of life!

Most Hearts fans probably couldn’t be arsed with this and we still beat them. :smugger:

Not convinced the Kirknewton vote truly reflects the split out that way. There’s less vermin the more you get West in and away from Edinburgh.  

I know I claimed this was childish in an earlier post but pleasing that my vote(s) for EH35 where the wee team tarining centre is, made it maroon. :pleasing: 

Also, since when was Dalkeith in EH18?

Edited by graygo

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Most Hearts fans probably couldn’t be arsed with this and we still beat them. :smugger:

Not convinced the Kirknewton vote truly reflects the split out that way. There’s less vermin the more you get West in and away from Edinburgh.  

Went to Balerno High School, and there were a few Hibees from Kirknewton. Predominantly mhanks at the time though, to the best of my memory. 

Found this wee poll really interesting. Found a lot of it stuff we probably knew. I’m in Eh12 and knew it would be close, lots of Hibs here. Quite a few surprises though. Gullane is top Hibs area with 87.5% that is a massive surprise to me! Only local Jambos will know if that’s a true score! 

20 minutes ago, chico1874 said:

Found this wee poll really interesting. Found a lot of it stuff we probably knew. I’m in Eh12 and knew it would be close, lots of Hibs here. Quite a few surprises though. Gullane is top Hibs area with 87.5% that is a massive surprise to me! Only local Jambos will know if that’s a true score! 

The Gullane one surprised me.  Even though it’s the East side of Edinburgh I always felt East Lothian was more Hearts.

Im sure an old Hibs chairman said his club were always up against it as , in his view, there was always 3 Jam Tarts to 1 Hibs fan.  This was reference to East Lothian as well as Edinburgh collectively.

Pretty much as you would expect. Considering they probably had a few of their Celtic chums helping out I think a 60%:40% splitt in the Lothians is probably reflective of the overall support.

There are some surprises.

- Areas like Gullane probably had very few votes - so a bit of a skewed result there I suspect.

- I'm surprised that EH17 is only 51%:49% to them as I  always though Inch/Gilmerton was their strongest area of support outside Easter Road.

- Another pleasant surprise was the Newtown and Southside being maroon given we are always told that the warrior poets dominate these areas.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
39 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Pretty much as you would expect. Considering they probably had a few of their Celtic chums helping out I think a 60%:40% splitt in the Lothians is probably reflective of the overall support.

There are some surprises.

- Areas like Gullane probably had very few votes - so a bit of a skewed result there I suspect.

- I'm surprised that EH17 is only 51%:49% to them as I  always though Inch/Gilmerton was their strongest area of support outside Easter Road.

- Another pleasant surprise was the Newtown and Southside being maroon given we are always told that the warrior poets dominate these areas.

Gullane.....a rotten borough 

:wow: