Less bragging Craig and get this sorted.

mitch41

3 hours ago, daveyhmfc said:

Long-term and perhaps even short term, I want rid of Levein, MacP,hee, Fox, the whole set up. Whilst this would be disruptive, Ifear that we are just going to stagger along with Levein at the helm. Solution; that I am not quite sure of. However, there are plenty of good young coaches like Gary Holt at Livingston, Steve Clarke at Killie etc. Levein for me, wields far too much power within the club and has done so, for a good number of years.

It’s a long time since Steve Clarke was young! Comments like that make your post not worth reading. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• wavydavy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Chek out the match thread, almost every poster said that was the team they would pick before kick off.

Short memory is a pre-requisite to be a PHM. You clearly forgot that. 

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

It's obvious that bitterness extends far further than just Craig Levein. I'd hate to have that level of bile inside me, 

:indeed:

4 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So when the media come calling he should (or the club should) adopt the hun stance with the BBC?

No, what he should do, is resign.

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Ok...That's the full MENSA debating team in. Let the conversation begin!

:lol:

7 hours ago, 80bob said:

One thing stuck out for me at halftime . Livi were out with a coach stretching and doing little drills . While our subs just kicked the ball between them like there was no interest 

Have noticed that at several games before. Quite embarrassing considering how many coaches we have. 

12 minutes ago, Ministry MK2 said:

Have noticed that at several games before. Quite embarrassing considering how many coaches we have. 

Watch out somebody on here will think you made it up to suit your argument that suits my argument.

10 hours ago, Ministry of Football said:

The whole lot of them need punted. This doesn't just stop at the dreadful manager. 

I personally have had enough of our team being  adjusted to nullify opponents. Play the best team we have in the positions they are best suited. 

9 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Do you expect players to develop an understanding after one game when obviously their thoughts were elsewhere.

CL fails to play the same team twice and doesn't know his best team and his continuous tinkering just makes matters worse.

One week we have Mulraney, then Amankwa makes an appearance, then Morrison, then Godhino and finally Smith have all played wide right and I haven't even mentioned the fact that he has even played central mids in wide positions.

Players need a settled line-up barring injuries, suspension of course to get an understanding of their team-mates style of play and be able to anticipate when players will run off the ball or move for a pass etc.

If you keep changing players about all the time it makes it so much more difficult for them.

8 hours ago, Top Corner said:

The constant tinkering suggests that our priority is what the other team is doing and not what we want to be doing.

I'm pretty sure that's one of McPhee's main jobs, studying the opposition before a game. 

We look to stop threats rather than cause them. 

These.

Sorry but no wonder this team don’t have a clue.  Garuccio has played near to f all in last 4/5 games, gets thrown in on an Astro pitch and wonder why he looked rusty?  

The Hughes sub was a disaster.  End of.  They had 2 x running strikers so we stick slowest defender on at club.  Clueless.

Morrison was nowhere near worst on pitch in 1st half and somehow gets hooked for Clare who was shocking when he came on.

Mitchell was up and down 1st half and then comes out 2nd half playing on right?  WTF?

mclean been shite since Dundee but everyone can see he needs a partner but we keep limping high balls to him.

As for Djoum.  He was a complete disgrace last night.  He is definitely marmite and splits the fans but for me he wouldn’t be in my team and we were better before he came back in September.

Finally, what has happened to the academy at hearts.  We overplay Cochrane and McDonald last year but decide to underplay then this year??? Who the hell was the young boy on the bench last night??? Try no Cochrane on McDonald?  

Levein is an experienced manager but his team selections are baffling and his football is eye bleeding at times.  Only thing positive is his relationship with Berra and Naismith as not sure what every other hearts fan is seeing here.

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, innerjambo said:

No, what he should do, is resign.

So before the game against Livi the media come calling to interview the Hearts manager (part of the TV deal I assume) and he should, in your opinion, offer his resignation to them instead of discussing the club. Ok gocha! :levein_interesting:

I have been saying for some time that the coaches are not up to scratch.  Levein needed to appoint an experienced second when he got rid of Cathro, who was his appointment in the first place.  I am not sure about what McPhee brings to the table.

13 hours ago, amadjambo said:

And the pair of them turned their shorts brown when faced with big physical players. What a pair of shitebags. But they’re all we’ve got thanks to our horrendous recruitment. One day I’m sure we will stumble on a competent left back and winger in the transfer market.

The very same recruitment that was ****ing ace 10 weeks ago.

nobber.

7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

nobber.

Why the abuse? Says a lot about you. Anyway, “nobber” is a word I’ve not heard before, so thanks for enhancing my education. ?

7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

That’s exact the issue with so many people. They change their minds like the wind and go from one extreme to the other so quickly. No perspective, understanding or patience.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

That’s exact the issue with so many people. They change their minds like the wind and go from one extreme to the other so quickly. No perspective, understanding or patience.

Yup. Once we have a full squad back fit and are fighting for second again all will be forgiven and forgotten.

It's a funny old game.

30 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Yup. Once we have a full squad back fit and are fighting for second again all will be forgiven and forgotten.

It's a funny old game.

By most. The diehards who have a personal hatred of Levein will just stop posting again though.

pettigrewsstylist
20 hours ago, NB GIN said:

That’s why we will never win anything look at the Motherwell cup game last year 

Beginning to think Levein should go 

Levein is steady hand and will get you into Europe more seasons than not. Needed after Cathro.

Have to accept trophies cannot happen under him tho if OF are in your path.

pettigrewsstylist
15 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Do Cochrane and McDonald know why they're no longer in the picture?

My thoughts also. 

14 hours ago, Smith&Weston said:

Sorry but no wonder this team don’t have a clue.  Garuccio has played near to f all in last 4/5 games, gets thrown in on an Astro pitch and wonder why he looked rusty?  

The Hughes sub was a disaster.  End of.  They had 2 x running strikers so we stick slowest defender on at club.  Clueless.

Morrison was nowhere near worst on pitch in 1st half and somehow gets hooked for Clare who was shocking when he came on.

Mitchell was up and down 1st half and then comes out 2nd half playing on right?  WTF?

mclean been shite since Dundee but everyone can see he needs a partner but we keep limping high balls to him.

As for Djoum.  He was a complete disgrace last night.  He is definitely marmite and splits the fans but for me he wouldn’t be in my team and we were better before he came back in September.

Finally, what has happened to the academy at hearts.  We overplay Cochrane and McDonald last year but decide to underplay then this year??? Who the hell was the young boy on the bench last night??? Try no Cochrane on McDonald?  

Levein is an experienced manager but his team selections are baffling and his football is eye bleeding at times.  Only thing positive is his relationship with Berra and Naismith as not sure what every other hearts fan is seeing here.

Aaron Hickey was the young lad on the bench and his is only 16 and a midfield player apparantly.

2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Levein is steady hand and will get you into Europe more seasons than not. Needed after Cathro.

Have to accept trophies cannot happen under him tho if OF are in your path.

Listen with the way we are going into freefall we will be doing well to be in the top six never mind getting into Europe.

EastSideJambo
2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

By most. The diehards who have a personal hatred of Levein will just stop posting again though.

Who has a "hatred" of Levein? Thinking he's the wrong man for the job is automatically seen as hatred on here. 

It's very strange the way views get distorted on here in order to categorise 

Ministry of Football
3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

I very much doubt anyone has a personal hatred of Levein.  

I'm sorry to add a dose of reality on this, but criticism of Levein actually boils down to what we have done on the park under his tenure as DOF and manager. 

Some are content with what we have seen over the last three seasons, others like myself feel we can do better.

The more this gets debated on here, the more the positions get entrenched and to some it might feel like hatred. It isn't. 

We all ultimately want the same thing. 

Edited by Ministry of Football

1 hour ago, EastSideJambo said:

Who has a "hatred" of Levein? Thinking he's the wrong man for the job is automatically seen as hatred on here. 

43 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

I very much doubt anyone has a personal hatred of Levein.  

I'm sorry to add a dose of reality on this, but criticism of Levein actually boils down to what we have done on the park under his tenure as DOF and manager. 

Some are content with what we have seen over the last three seasons, others like myself feel we can do better.

The more this gets debated on here, the more the positions get entrenched and to some it might feel like hatred. It isn't. 

We all ultimately want the same thing. 

I’d say those who look for any excuse to be negative, were posted missing while we were winning and who personally abuse our manager (and club legend) have a hatred for him ??

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I’d say those who look for any excuse to be negative, were posted missing while we were winning and who personally abuse our manager (and club legend) have a hatred for him ??

?

EastSideJambo
4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

OK.  I completely disagree 

This "posted missing while we were winning" chat is utterly chronic imo 

The re has to be a change of mentality at the club. Teams know we are a soft as shite and if they can get the first goal we rarely have the ability to strike back. I like CL as a manager BUT there is something wrong with the way we are motivating our players just now. It could of course be something to do with, in the recent past, being constantly fined for having a bad disciplinary record ... but if referees are at it every weekend making sure that do have  a healthy number of bookings  it is very difficult for the management team to get the team really up for it.

11 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Not really. There’s quite a few posters who were very prevalent with their moaning in May/June/July who then disappeared during August/September/October only to return in November/December.

You disagree that people using words like arsehole to describe a club legend suggests they have a personal hatred of him? ?

EastSideJambo
8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Not really. There’s quite a few posters who were very prevalent with their moaning in May/June/July who then disappeared during August/September/October only to return in November/December.

You disagree that people using words like arsehole to describe a club legend suggests they have a personal hatred of him? ?

I've never called him an arsehole. Club legend or not, he's being judged as club manager and it's really not going well 

I'm struggling, like many others, to see what he's trying to deliver. There is no real identity about his side.  It's so slow and lethargic 

34 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Its also grown arms and legs as if we were on some sort of invincible quest, winning game after game for a sustained period of time!!!  In realty we've won 9 games from 18 and have a negative goal difference. 4 of those wins were by 1-0 score lines and certainly the 2 1-0's v against Motherwell and the 1-0 v 10 man Kilmarnock were anything but convincing and pretty. This notion that we were some splendid side at the start of the season for a few weeks is complete tosh when in reality we've been gash in way more games than we have been good. We played well as a unit in the 1-0 over Celtic, some nice stuff in the first half v Aberdeen and had easy wins against the bottom feeders in Hamilton and Dundee but save me the hyperbole about us being good to watch even when we strung a few wins together. We are a middle of the table team and that's where we are headed, once again failing to utilise the massive advantages we have over numerous clubs. 

Edited by magicTs

EastSideJambo
4 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Its also grown arms and legs as if we were on some sort of invincible quest, winning game after game for a sustained period of time!!!  In realty we've won 9 games from 18 and have a negative goal difference. 4 of those wins were by 1-0 score lines and certainly the 2 against Motherwell and 10 man Kilmarnock game were anything but convincing and pretty. This notion that we were some splendid side at the start of the season for a few weeks is complete tosh when in reality we've been gash in way more games than we have been good. We played well as a unit in the 1-0 over Celtic, some nice stuff in the first half v Aberdeen and had easy wins against the bottom feeders in Hamilton and Dundee but save me the hyperbole about us being good to watch even when we strung a few wins together. We are a middle of the table team and that's where we are headed, once again failing to utilise the massive advantages we have over numerous clubs. 

We look a very much middle of the road side.  We might improve when Naismith returns, but any club in the country would look better if you introduce a player that's being funded from a third party source! 

The utilisation of club resources in creating the squad he's assembled, barring a few exceptions, is frankly a disgrace 

52 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

I've never called him an arsehole. Club legend or not, he's being judged as club manager and it's really not going well 

I'm struggling, like many others, to see what he's trying to deliver. There is no real identity about his side.  It's so slow and lethargic 

I know you haven’t called him an arsehole, others like tragicTs have and seem to think that level of personal abuse of a club legend is acceptable

46 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

We look a very much middle of the road side.  We might improve when Naismith returns, but any club in the country would look better if you introduce a player that's being funded from a third party source! 

The utilisation of club resources in creating the squad he's assembled, barring a few exceptions, is frankly a disgrace 

“disgrace” 

There’s the ridiculous hyperbole I was referring to :rofl:

1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

I know you haven’t called him an arsehole, others like tragicTs have and seem to think that level of personal abuse of a club legend is acceptable

Precisely.  There are some childish morons posting on here that need to give themselves a good shake.

Toxteth O'Grady

We won't win anything while Craig Levein is manager -  he is too focussed on the threat of the opposition but he isn't even getting  that right.

His signings have been more poor than good and he has signed some absolute dross and given them long contracts - how much money has he wasted?

I don't think he wanted the managers job as it leaves him exposed without anyone else to blame - for me his time is up.

A clear out of his cronies is needed and let an autonomous manager start to rebuild in January. 

8 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

You don't half trot that shite out a lot, are Motherwell better with Sammon? St Mirren better with Edwards?

Nelly Terraces
4 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

We won't win anything while Craig Levein is manager -  he is too focussed on the threat of the opposition but he isn't even getting  that right.

His signings have been more poor than good and he has signed some absolute dross and given them long contracts - how much money has he wasted?

I don't think he wanted the managers job as it leaves him exposed without anyone else to blame - for me his time is up.

A clear out of his cronies is needed and let an autonomous manager start to rebuild in January. 

Absolutely agree with every word of this & would say 80% of the guys I know who are Hearts fans would also.

11 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Absolutely agree with every word of this & would say 80% of the guys I know who are Hearts fans would also.

I totally agree but the problem lies with the current owner and we all know what she has done on matters non football related and every Hearts fan appreciates that.

She is convinced that CL is the man to take the club forward and I just don't see her changing her mind anytime soon unless we were to totally capitulate and in a relegation battle. 

On 15/12/2018 at 13:05, Seymour M Hersh said:

So when the media come calling he should (or the club should) adopt the hun stance with the BBC?

Just agree that 1 win in 9 isn't where we should be. All is not well with players dropping like flies onto the injured list, players are not playing to a decent standard, players who don't deserve a place in the team like Clare, Hughes, Wighton ect ect. I want a full time manager not a 2 day's a week part timer who leaves the players to his coaching staff. 

The Apprentice
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Just agree that 1 win in 9 isn't where we should be. All is not well with players dropping like flies onto the injured list, players are not playing to a decent standard, players who don't deserve a place in the team like Clare, Hughes, Wighton ect ect. I want a full time manager not a 2 day's a week part timer who leaves the players to his coaching staff. 

Just because CL is open about how he runs things from a coaching perspective doesn’t mean that it’s much different from any other club. There was a piece on Sportsound last week about how management has changed and it’s quite common for a ‘Manager’ to leave the training to his coaching staff, after all that’s why you have coaches. Even at the very top level I doubt you’ll find a ‘Manager’ that’s on the training pitch 5 times a week. 

Apparently it’s a setup that goes all the way back to Brian Clough as it becomes more of a statement when the Manager is on the training field with the players. I assume after the performance on Friday you’d see a lot more of CL on the training pitch this week that’s for sure!

On 15/12/2018 at 15:17, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Livingstons players are neither big nor that physical. Both were quiet but weren't doing much wrong. Were you raising these recruitment concerns when we signed Demetri Mitchell? 

Not that big or physical....did you not see the guy playing right back ....he was the biggest guy on the park by a mile....every chance they had he was in the box for free kicks corners and long throws....from where I was sitting I didn't see any of our players get a sniff of the ball he won every thing thrown into the box...as for physical...every time ball was in the air Hearts players were either nudged or held off by opposing player...not overly physical but more of a presence than our players...they played an aggressive pressing game which our team couldnt cope with....and throw in someone with no pace like Hughes who couldn't get near an opposing player you've got no chance...

On 16/12/2018 at 11:37, EastSideJambo said:

Agreed, some posters views are so perverted but their distorted opinions get exposed in the fullness of time.  I've even seen posters changing their user names to try and distance themselves from said distorted views.  

Bazzas right boot
On 15/12/2018 at 20:37, Smith&Weston said:

Morrison was nowhere near worst on pitch in 1st half and somehow gets hooked for Clare who was shocking when he came on

He wasn't thrown in, it was set up like nearly every fan wanted. Mitchell further forward and Garrucio at lb. 

Hughes was the only option. Dunne, Souttar and Dikamona were injured. 

Morrison was shite, run in a  straight line a few times. 

Clare or Wighton was our only other option up top. Naismith and ulche are injured. DV isn't here yet. 

Mitchell out right - yes, not for me but we changed formation with Clare up top with Maclean. 

Djoum, well you seen what happened in 15 minutes after he went off, make of that what you want. Probably indicates he was doing at least a decent job, tho. 

Lack of agility and pace was the concern in midfield, Cochrane for all his qualities is very slow. 

He could get a game but not playing him or another young player isn't why we got beat 5-0.

His football was ok for the first 15 games, maybe some fans like me are looking at the whole season and not just results since our injuries hit. 

That's what they see? 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, EH11 said:

Agreed, some posters views are so perverted but their distorted opinions get exposed in the fullness of time.  I've even seen posters changing their user names to try and distance themselves from said distorted views.  

?

Change accounts even as well. 

23 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

This all day long. The longer he stays, the more damage he will leave behind, and we will be right back at square one. Meanwhile the money being spent on the squad is largely wasted, and the turnover of players is on such a huge scale as to be embarrassing. His football and his ideas are at best out dated, and at worst eyebleeding and depressing to watch.

Seymour M Hersh
18 minutes ago, EH11 said:

:rofl:

14 hours ago, EH11 said:

:greatpost:

Seymour M Hersh
20 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You're all over the shop with you ramblings.