Pubs open early in glesga

Romanov Stole My Pension

Romanov Stole My Pension

Sorry for another glasgow pub thread. I'm going through tomorrow early for a graduation although I need to wait til family get out around midday so I was hoping to spend a couple of hours in a pub. Does anyone have any idea where would be open through there around 9/10am (preferably west end somewhere, I know Glasgow have stricter liscensing hours).

Ta

chester copperpot
Sorry for another glasgow pub thread. I'm going through tomorrow early for a graduation although I need to wait til family get out around midday so I was hoping to spend a couple of hours in a pub. Does anyone have any idea where would be open through there around 9/10am (preferably west end somewhere, I know Glasgow have stricter liscensing hours).

Ta

All pubs open early in Glasgow. Cheers.

I can't think of many to be honest.

There's one called the Lee which is beside Glasgow Royal Infirmary. Apart from that i can't think of any others.

They did it before I moved through, honest. ;)

Not what I meant.;)

I was implying there may be an alky issue in Glesga.

chester copperpot
Not what I meant.;)

I was implying there may be an alky issue in Glesga.

And you were probably right in your first post. ;)

chester copperpot
Struggling to get an early beer in Glasgow.

Majority of pubs are 11.00am.

Is that not early naw?

:booze::booze::booze::booze:

Dix Handley

Ta

Surely you can do as much drinking as you like on your gap year, whats

the rush? Or is the megabucks job already in the bag?....students!:th_Rage2:;)

conn artist

i'm sure there is one just off the saltmarket under the railway arches. passed the other saturday morning at about half 8 and it seemed like it was open. plus you want to try find out about the UNIT parties in tradeston if you want to go to a club after a club.

The People's Chimp

aye heard good things about the unit, though i thought they'd shut or moved?

DJ'd at unit parties a few times and they are a mixed bag.

Been at a few that have been great. Most however get busted by the coppers or are full of neds and stabbers. Some really unsavoury characters as you can probably imagine. They are on at irregular intervals and seem to be a on a few weekends in a row until the coppers find out and then come down hard on whoever is running the place. I would advise caution due to the police and neds.

conn artist
DJ'd at unit parties a few times and they are a mixed bag.

Been at a few that have been great. Most however get busted by the coppers or are full of neds and stabbers. Some really unsavoury characters as you can probably imagine. They are on at irregular intervals and seem to be a on a few weekends in a row until the coppers find out and then come down hard on whoever is running the place. I would advise caution due to the police and neds.

the time i went it was quite a decent crowd but i can see what you mean about it being a bit schemie. it was a bit of a last minute to go after being at modesolektor. anyone heard anything about this thing on saturday BINNIN? up in the campsies if the weather is good i heard

conn artist
The Iron Horse on West Nile Street opens about 8 (I think)

the iron lung to give its name before the smoking ban. easily the most smokie pub i have ever been in. and i think they make you buy a roll and sausage so that they are serving food to get round the licensing!!

the time i went it was quite a decent crowd but i can see what you mean about it being a bit schemie. it was a bit of a last minute to go after being at modesolektor. anyone heard anything about this thing on saturday BINNIN? up in the campsies if the weather is good i heard

You're right, the unit being good or not wholly depends on what was on before it. If it's an art school crowd or sub club crowd it's usually ok, it it's the arches or a hardcore night, it's usually ned central.

Archived