JKB fc update...

Meadows

For those interested we played our 3rd league game tonight in the Summer League.

result JKB 6 Murrayfield Thistle 1

played at Edinburgh Academy with the obligatory downpour 5 minutes from kick off, we started really well,passing the ball excellently and having the majority of the early chances and possession.

The inevitable goal game in 18 minutes from a passing move involving about 7 players with Andy A finishing well,amazingly this was our first time in 4 games we have scored first. Murrayfield are obviously a useful team and tried hard to press but our desire to keep the ball and get it back if we lost it was evident. The goals then flew in with Man of the Match Jambojim getting a brace.,as did Andy A with Vinny getting the other..Half time JKB 5 MTFC 0

The second half was predictable with JKB taking the foot off the pedal a little and Murrayfield determined not to get hammered, again our possesion play was great to watch with the highlight being Jambojim completing his 'hat-trick' with a thunderbolt shot that struck the bar,bounced on the line and bounced back inside the bar to complete our scoring.

Final score JKB 6 MTFC 1

(previous results.. JKB 8 Brewer Dolphin 3

JKB 6 John Lewis 2 )

Good result boys - gutted I missed it due to the broken toe but will hopefully be back sooner than the six weeks the old nurse told me at the hospital on Sunday !!!

Bri

Still stand by my comment of, some of the best football we've played in the first half. We did enough in the second half especially with a few of their players losing the plot. Well done lads. Special mention goes to Jim, Oli and Mikey, I thought they all played very well individually, but as a team I tought we all worked well for each other. Considering we were missing a lot of our normal squad through either injury or work commitments and finishing the game with a keeper playing up front, we did very well.

Hi Bri...It was a great first half performance with a new 3 5 2 formation due to a trampoline;)

Leigh McDonald was striker and Oli a left winger who lost about half a stone in sweat!! C4airns was immense and Jim Murray should be drug tested (he WAS that good:rolleyes:)

portobellojambo1

Do you do anything on Saturdays, from around 15:00 until 16:50 roughly Meadows. If not there is a potential opening for you possibly, part of the package is an 8 day all inclusive holiday on the outskirts of a Lithuanian town.

Beats standing in the pub all day I suppose. ;)

Do you do anything on Saturdays, from around 15:00 until 16:50 roughly Meadows. If not there is a potential opening for you possibly, part of the package is an 8 day all inclusive holiday on the outskirts of a Lithuanian town.

Beats standing in the pub all day I suppose. ;)

Ian...Nothing beats standing in a pub all day:cool:

portobellojambo1

Tea total myself for my sins, I am a bit of a health freak. :wacko:

You've got serious form for not standing in the pub all day:p;)

You've got serious form for not standing in the pub all day:p;)

granted Tys BUT i dont sleep in doorways either;)

fancy a game Tys? your only one vowel away from being VERY FIT:rofl:

Nucky Thompson
You would be better going for CMs old job as PR for Vlad mate, it would beat being Kenny Richeys PR man;)

Maroon Mayhem
is jim murray about 34 years old, quite tall and used to play for Civil Service Strollers

He did play EoS was with Peebles though I think.

Fits the other descriptions though..................... If I said overly-aggressive with a drink you'd probably know him right away. ;)

granted Tys BUT i dont sleep in doorways either;)

Don't worry mate, I'm fit enough to kick you up and down the park.

Don't worry mate, I'm fit enough to kick you up and down the park.

Did you really fall asleep in a doorway? If so, for how long? :eek:

Robbos Right Peg

Can't believe you still think this 'joke' is hilarious :wacko: Just as well you seem to be a better fitba manager than a comedian.

Can't believe you still think this 'joke' is hilarious :wacko: Just as well you seem to be a better fitba manager than a comedian.

Oh, so now the rejects from Scottish Slimmers are ganging up on me:sad:

lost to any one legged golfers lately?;)

Half time JKB 5 MTFC 0

The second half was predictable with JKB taking the foot off the pedal a little and Murrayfield determined not to get hammered, again our possesion play was great to watch with the highlight being Jambojim completing his 'hat-trick' with a thunderbolt shot that struck the bar,bounced on the line and bounced back inside the bar to complete our scoring.

Final score JKB 6 MTFC 1

(previous results.. JKB 8 Brewer Dolphin 3

JKB 6 John Lewis 2 )

Had to laugh at that part...5-0/6-1 isn't a hammering? Hehe. :)

Sounds like you lot are doing well. So what happens when the summer league comes to an end? What's your next move? (And don't say 'the winter league').....

Murrayfield were a useful team Redm, however we are scoring well (20 in 3) but the pleasing thing is we are playing for each other.We can mix it when the aggresive stuff starts..(ask basher;)) and knock it about well when we keep possession.

The lads are mostly from the charity team that played in march,we dont get an opportunity to train and only meet up pre-match. The bigger picture is preparation for next years game versus hibs.

basher the jambo
Had to laugh at that part...5-0/6-1 isn't a hammering? Hehe. :)

Sounds like you lot are doing well. So what happens when the summer league comes to an end? What's your next move? (And don't say 'the winter league').....

TBH in the first half some of the passing movement was good watch and be involed in. 5-0 at half time it could had been alot more and we dropped the pace in the second half. We started to try things instead of just playing football like we had been doing.

We are just keeping ourself ticking over untill the trails come up for the next charity game and hope we give a better account of ourselfs this time if we get picked to play.

basher the jambo
.We can mix it when the aggresive stuff starts.(ask basher;)) .

Whats that meant to mean :P I thought of myself as a silky midfielder....

Basher & Meadows

All sounds good...I hadn't realised this was just 'extreme' training for you lot but jings, that's what you call devotion to the cause....definitely a 'big team' way to approach it too.

But with all this teamwork going on, you might have to consider changing your name or something. Most unJKB-like.... ;)

Keep going with the reports though, they make much more enjoyable reading than most stuff posted here at the moment!

Did you really fall asleep in a doorway? If so, for how long? :eek:

A couple of hours down in London after the Charlton game:wacko:

Whats that meant to mean :P I thought of myself as a silky midfielder....

basher...you make Vinny Jones look like graeme norton!!

basher the jambo
basher...you make Vinny Jones look like graeme norton!!

Its not my fault be buzzes about guys bums......

you just keep plugging away the way you are going basher. ive never seen you aggressive or get angry once ha ha. Again boys well done. good start was required and hopefully we can keep it going

Archived