Derby tickets ( merged )

neilnunb

12 minutes ago, bathgatejt said:

What about a free for all anybody with 40 + points could sell it as IF UR NO FAST ur LAST 

Now and again the club does do that for games.

Not Easter Road though. 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooperstar

• Phil Dunphy

• Mikey1874

• been here before

been here before
12 minutes ago, bathgatejt said:

What about a free for all anybody with 40 + points could sell it as IF UR NO FAST ur LAST 

Thats what it is just now but for those with 67+ points and you're getting all tears and snotters about it.

15 minutes ago, bathgatejt said:

Jeezo will you get over it?  You're not a good enough fan to get first dibs on a ticket to easter road.  There are thousands of people that go to more games than you and they quite rightly deserve a chance to get a ticket before you (and me!) 

Just accept it, its the fairest system.

Thought Police
18 minutes ago, bathgatejt said:

Grow up

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nothing wrong with the system, it gives points to those who go to all the games. I don’t have enough points either and been to all the games you have plus the semi final, why should I get one ahead of someone who’s been to more games this season and last for instance? Points are added AFTER the away game has been played to stop people abusing the system. I can’t get to many away games, that’s not the clubs fault so why should they make an exception for me or anyone else for that matter?

This is my view why should i easily get to pittodrie on a friday night but only have a chance to get a derby ticket because its the game everyone wants

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

They're not. If you buy online they are added overnight. If you buy in the TO they go on straight away. That's the facts regardless of what it says on the website.

Yep I was proved to be mistaken there and already apologised ?. I think it used to be different, I remember asking at the ticket office a wee while back about buying tickets for other away games and being told they go on after. I think I was trying to get someone else a ticket for ER if memory serves. TV for me this time I think.

32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yep I was proved to be mistaken there and already apologised ?. I think it used to be different, I remember asking at the ticket office a wee while back about buying tickets for other away games and being told they go on after. I think I was trying to get someone else a ticket for ER if memory serves. TV for me this time I think.

I wouldn't give up yet. Fairly sure the points have been dropped the last few Easter road visits. I think the TO just set the bar high early on so that they can stagger the sale a bit and not be drowning in a deluge of sales.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I wouldn't give up yet. Fairly sure the points have been dropped the last few Easter road visits. I think the TO just set the bar high early on so that they can stagger the sale a bit and not be drowning in a deluge of sales.

Not really sure if I want to go tbh, haven’t seen us win there for a while and the last time I didn’t go we won 3-1 when Rudi scored si maybe I shouldn’t ??

10 hours ago, bathgatejt said:

Jeez I wish I was as rich as u guys and do home away and cup games 

No way you’d have to go to anything like all the games to have 67 points. I’ve got 106 and I don’t go to all the away games, couldn’t do Dundee, St Johnstone, Livi or Aberdeen this season for a start. 

Seen quite a few begging posts on Facebook about getting a ticket for derby.I know people that buy tickets even tho they can't go but sell them on,that way they get the points anyway.

However it does irk me when there's a "pay at the gate" at away grounds,as u lose out on points & that's unfair.

been here before
35 minutes ago, rubyruby said:

However it does irk me when there's a "pay at the gate" at away grounds,as u lose out on points & that's unfair.

Not really. 

There's usually an option to buy tickets for a while before any cash gate is announced so you can still get points.

If theres no advance ticket sales and only a cash gate then no-one gets any points which keeps things equal all round.

14 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

I understand the personal frustration some will feel when LP threshold is announced as there can be work,family or financial reasons which prevent them from attending more matches and I do empathise with that

BUT the people who do attend on a more regular should not be punished and the LP system (although not perfect is the best system we have)

I don't understand how they can be frustrated though? The system is quite clear. Attend games and buy tickets from Hearts in advance and you will get tickets. The system rewards loyalty in terms of those who attend games. Personal circumstances are just that. Personal. 

I say that as a London based season ticket holder who always had enough tickets for every game I wanted up until 2 seasons ago. The reason i don't have enough for Easter road now? I have 2 young kids so don't really go to away games now for the sake of my marriage. (I still have 53 points).

Am I a loyal fan because i travel a long way for games? Yes. Am i more loyal than those who have been to away games this season? No. 

The system is absolutely fine. People only ever moan about it for Easter Road or a cup semi/final. There's a reason for that. 

3 hours ago, rubyruby said:

Seen quite a few begging posts on Facebook about getting a ticket for derby.I know people that buy tickets even tho they can't go but sell them on,that way they get the points anyway.

It’s not though. Most away games have an option to buy a ticket beforehand. 

It really never ever fails to amaze me that there are so many people who moan about not being able to get a ticket for these games, yet openly admit they never bother watching Hearts outside of the Edinburgh. 

Morgaro Gomis

I’m actually surprised that the threshold is as low as 67, maybe it’s due to the cull that happened earlier in the year but I always expect the Derby threshold to start at around 80/90 points.

67 is a reasonably easy target to hit, you don’t even need to attend many of the away games to get there due to the 2 year rolling system. People who moan about it only have themselves to blame, in my opinion.

Skippy Doodle
2 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I don't understand how they can be frustrated though? The system is quite clear. Attend games and buy tickets from Hearts in advance and you will get tickets. The system rewards loyalty in terms of those who attend games. Personal circumstances are just that. Personal. 

I say that as a London based season ticket holder who always had enough tickets for every game I wanted up until 2 seasons ago. The reason i don't have enough for Easter road now? I have 2 young kids so don't really go to away games now for the sake of my marriage. (I still have 53 points).

Am I a loyal fan because i travel a long way for games? Yes. Am i more loyal than those who have been to away games this season? No. 

The system is absolutely fine. People only ever moan about it for Easter Road or a cup semi/final. There's a reason for that. 

I am only meaning frustration as they maybe would like to attend more games - as I state in the comment later on it is the best system you can run for high demand matches

59 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

I am only meaning frustration as they maybe would like to attend more games - as I state in the comment later on it is the best system you can run for high demand matches

That’s fine. But people shouldn’t moan at the club for that. And these threads are always full of people doing that. 

Skippy Doodle
14 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

That’s fine. But people shouldn’t moan at the club for that. And these threads are always full of people doing that. 

Think we are on the same wavelength here mate. The argument always resurfaces two or three times a year and although it’s a shame some cannot follow club home and away for varied reasons , the ones that do cannot he punished by changing the current ticketing policy

23 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Think we are on the same wavelength here mate. The argument always resurfaces two or three times a year and although it’s a shame some cannot follow club home and away for varied reasons , the ones that do cannot he punished by changing the current ticketing policy

We definitely are.

My other point was frustration at those who unfairly try and turn it into a stick to beat the club with and suggest an alternative that would benefit them but is completely illogical. Which is nonsense.

Skippy Doodle
10 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

We definitely are.

My other point was frustration at those who unfairly try and turn it into a stick to beat the club with and suggest an alternative that would benefit them but is completely illogical. Which is nonsense.

agree 100%

20 hours ago, bathgatejt said:

Jeez I wish I was as rich as u guys and do home away and cup games 

well you are rich enough to want to pay the money to get a ticket for Easter Road aren't you?? And you have said you never go to away league games but expect to get a ticket for this away league  game??

Edited by XB52

1 hour ago, UcheGang said:

Only got about 20 LPs and managed to bag me and 7 pals briefs. 

Its who you know ?

How did you get Lennons phone number ?☺

haveyouheard 22
3 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

For all the moon howlers out there who tell us the LP system is somehow unfair, absolutely none of them provide an alternative. 

:cornette:

Correct

Go to games home and away reguarly ...aint an issue

The Treasurer
19 hours ago, UcheGang said:

Its who you know ?

Two things you can guarantee on a derby ticket thread

1 - loads of people claiming to be one or two Lp's short and begging for tickets

2 - some blow-hard telling everyone how, despite not having any Lp's, still manages to get as many tickets as he wants

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:48, Longshanks said:

Jeezo will you get over it?  You're not a good enough fan to get first dibs on a ticket to easter road.  There are thousands of people that go to more games than you and they quite rightly deserve a chance to get a ticket before you (and me!) 

Just accept it, its the fairest system.

I agree it's the fairest system. 

The only flaw in the system is folk allowing other folk to use their account for games they can't make.  They get loyalty points they don't deserve and some chancer gets to a game he really should not qualify for.  No idea how you could stop that unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Nobreath said:

I agree it's the fairest system. 

The only flaw in the system is folk allowing other folk to use their account for games they can't make.  They get loyalty points they don't deserve and some chancer gets to a game he really should not qualify for.  No idea how you could stop that unfortunately.

You can’t. 

been here before
44 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You can’t. 

Could start by removing the 'Ive not enough points so can someone give me their number' posts.

The LP system aint perfect by any stretch but it is the fairest system you could put in place. Why should someone who never goes to away games get a ticket before someone who follows the team all over the country?
My personal circumstances mean that, as much as I'd like to, I can't get to every game. However they're my personal circumstances and hearts fans who do get to every game 100% deserve priority over me for the big games.

Jambo, Goodbye
On 11/12/2018 at 22:05, UcheGang said:

Its who you know ?

I've only got 1 loyalty point but that didn't stop me getting a ticket. It's who you know indeed ?

The Treasurer
20 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I wonder how many people who’re crying about not having enough points, will be at Livingston tonight or Aberdeen next Saturday. 

Quite a few I expect.

Shanks said no

Went to ticket office, no queue, 3 behind me when I bought them Two safely procured 

2 bundles of tickets behind counter, upper had post it with 452 written on it, lower bundle smaller 

Edited by The Frenchman Returns