Olly Bozanic

Absolute Scenes

Absolute Scenes

Surprised no ones made a thread about this guy.

really classy player and is keeping Olly Lee out of the team. Thought he did really well and for a smaller guy he’s pretty good in the air. Been impressed the more I’ve seen him play and yesterday thought him and djoum kept a good midfield battle going til the last quarter

Dr Ian Malcolm

I wouldn't say he say he's "keeping Lee out the team" - he's simply a better player and we're better with him starting.

Not a surprise either when you look at his pedigree. Experienced international who's played at a good level in different countries. Contributes in terms of goals and assists, is mobile and can get stuck in. I like him a lot.

Jean Louis Valois

Great attitude after not getting a sniff for the first few months of the season. Good cross for the goal yesterday too.

Very consistent. Never seems to have a bad game and his set pieces and delivery are always a threat

Liked him quite early into his time here. 

Was surprised he wasn’t in the team much earlier.  Always felt he deserved a few matches to get into a rhythm instead of being in and out the team. 

Like people are saying, his effort is noticeable, he’s tidy on the ball and always on the move. You need that in midfield.  

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thought he was superb in the first half. Faded a bit in the second but was still our best midfielder. Linked up well with Mitchell on the left side as well.

Really like him. Up to speed with the frantic nature of Scottish football now and is showing himself to be a good acquisition. Exactly the sort of midfielder Levein likes as well. Covers ground quickly and has the hustle and bustle to compete in the middle of the park.

54 minutes ago, communist said:

I like him. Lee is too much of a stroller at times, you can really see Bozanic putting in the effort. 

I purposely watched Lee after he came on and the guy seems to have serious fitness problems either that or he is just not interested in getting involved in play.

He is so one paced it's unreal at this level and I know he has some nice touches and has a decent shot but we need much more than what he offers which is why he is on the bench quite a lot now.

Peter Haring who is not blessed why great pace and is carrying a hernia problem puts him to shame with his workrate.

I am not convinced that Lee is the right player to bring on near the end of games when we really need someone that is going to get stuck in and compete.

After the ref blew the whistle Lee dropped his hands down on his knees and looked as if he had just competed for 90 minutes when in fact he had been on the park fr about 15 minutes.

Not sure if the guy has some sort of problem maybe carrying an injury or is he just a bit lazy? either way he does not merit a starting place at the moment as CL obviously realises that.

Probably another player who benefits from the workrate of Naismith. 

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Thought he was superb in the first half. Faded a bit in the second but was still our best midfielder. Linked up well with Mitchell on the left side as well.

Surprised at that choice, I thought Haring as ever was our best midfielder.

Brick Tamland

I really like him as a player. His vision is good, he’s tenacious and doesn’t shirk any challenges, some off his runs off the ball are excellent but he doesn’t get the passes that those runs deserve, he’s decent with his throw ins and he’s very good at dead ball situations, great work rate and a good engine in him too. 

33 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I purposely watched Lee after he came on and the guy seems to have serious fitness problems either that or he is just not interested in getting involved in play.

He is so one paced it's unreal at this level and I know he has some nice touches and has a decent shot but we need much more than what he offers which is why he is on the bench quite a lot now.

Peter Haring who is not blessed why great pace and is carrying a hernia problem puts him to shame with his workrate.

I am not convinced that Lee is the right player to bring on near the end of games when we really need someone that is going to get stuck in and compete.

After the ref blew the whistle Lee dropped his hands down on his knees and looked as if he had just competed for 90 minutes when in fact he had been on the park fr about 15 minutes.

Not sure if the guy has some sort of problem maybe carrying an injury or is he just a bit lazy? either way he does not merit a starting place at the moment as CL obviously realises that.

Got to agree with all that.

And all we keep hearing is how others players will look better once Naisy, Uche etc... are back!

I understand that good players compliment each other and can get more out of individuals but that shouldn’t prevent players still giving their own level of effort and quality.  

However, missing those key players above has possibly exposed one or two players lack of quality and tenacity in their absence. 

Uche and Naismith bring so much in the last third it simplifies other players input. 

Edited by Debut 4

45 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I’m not sure he’s good enough to play at this level. I’m sure he’ll get lots more chances to prove us wrong but he’s had like 1 above average game all season. 

54 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Surprised at that choice, I thought Haring as ever was our best midfielder.

I had bozanic as my man of the match.

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Surprised no ones made a thread about this guy.

really classy player and is keeping Olly Lee out of the team. Thought he did really well and for a smaller guy he’s pretty good in the air. Been impressed the more I’ve seen him play and yesterday thought him and djoum kept a good midfield battle going til the last quarter

A step up on Adao. I actually think after Haring he has been our best midfield signing in a while.

4 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Me too, his workrate is incredible

Correct, chased everything and got stuck in, can’t remember him wasting a pass and great delivery for the goal.

also won his fair share of headers and put himself about well for a smaller guy.

59 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

a goal and an assist in the last two games shows he is doing well.

Really hoping to see one of his freekicks in a match, He has been lethal with them in the reserves.

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, communist said:

I like him. Lee is too much of a stroller at times, you can really see Bozanic putting in the effort. 

Wasn't the sort of game for Lee, fair play to Levein. That was a good move

Ye Bozanic is class, fantastic signing. With his CV I thought he was the signing of the summer, and he may turn out to be

We are a much better team with him  it and I dont think it's any coincidence we are seeing a better Djoum with him in the midfield. 

Pushed himself up the pecking order to an automatic starter . 

EastSideJambo
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Olly Lee will be making a fairly rapid return south of the border. Just simply hasn't got it 

So one paced it's frightening. Struggles to get involved and as good as a man short in bigger games 

Bozanic looks a far better option. Looks to receive the ball and his a bit of dig in him 

rudi must stay
22 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Olly Lee will be making a fairly rapid return south of the border. Just simply hasn't got it 

So one paced it's frightening. Struggles to get involved and as good as a man short in bigger games 

Bozanic looks a far better option. Looks to receive the ball and his a bit of dig in him 

If he does it will be for cash. I rate him, and I think Levein does too, infact his sub yesterday suggests Levein thinks he's our best player to me given its timing. With the ball at his feet he is technically our best player, if we released him it would be one of our worst decisions in recent years. As for one paced, he is a consistent, and a hard working player. 

11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

If he does it will be for cash. I rate him, and I think Levein does too, infact his sub yesterday suggests Levein thinks he's our best player to me given its timing. With the ball at his feet he is technically our best player, if we released him it would be one of our worst decisions in recent years. As for one paced, he is a consistent, and a hard working player. 

Got to agree. No one was questioning him when Berra, Souttar, Naismith and Uche were in the team. Understandably after losing our key players his performances have floundered. Berra being back is a good start and should give our midfield confidence to go forward but there still isn't the quality there that was at the start of the season. Its not an excuse as he has been poor, but it does give context to why he has been much less effective.

I'm really glad Boz has forced his way into the team. His work ethic is immense and is absolutely offering what I want to see from every player (100% commitment from the word go). Says a lot he didn't spit the dummy when he couldn't get in the team.

EastSideJambo
40 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I'm fairly sure Levein doesn't think Olly Leeis our best player 

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Liked him quite early into his time here. 

Was surprised he wasn’t in the team much earlier.  Always felt he deserved a few matches to get into a rhythm instead of being in and out the team. 

Like people are saying, his effort is noticeable, he’s tidy on the ball and always on the move. You need that in midfield.  

He was really good away to Partick at Cowdenbeath pre season. Think he has been unfortunate not to play.

kingantti1874
59 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

I'm fairly sure Levein doesn't think Olly Leeis our best player 

olly lee was superb earlier in the season when we wete on the front foot, with plenty of movement and space in front of him he could pick a pass or play in the gaps.. Right now, theres a lack of movement, and as such a lack of space to go into and a lack of penetrating passes to be found. Right now bozanic is a better option.. But olly lee is a good player and will continue to be a big player for us

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I noticed that and wondered why he was so knackered after 15 minutes.

3 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

The team played its best football of the season with Lee in midfield.

I have to admit when I first seen him at Dunfermline in the cup I thought he was pretty poor but I’m glad to say I’m wrong & he looks a very classy player.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

The team played its best football of the season with Lee in midfield.

How dare you........

Some folk on here are trying to rewrite history and you’re really not helping.

The wee mans work rate was outstanding 

if clare lives up to expectations we will become a force to be reckoned with in new year HHGH 

I like the cut of his jib.

And I loved the badge kissing routine after scoring against St. J, the boy wants to do well here and is settling in nicely.

It's nice to see we have such quality depth in midfield, especially with Djoum getting back to his best.

Lee, Bozanic, Haring, Djoum all fighting for places.

Despite a pretty unimpressive start, Clare will come good with time.

Cochrane also yet to hit real form.

8 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

Heading back in January I suspect. For quite a bit of cash as well. Probably a factor in him bench-warming last few games. Don’t want him to pick up a knock 

Bozanic Haring and Djoum is a really good midfield 3 bit of everything in it

Bozanic - gets stuck in and has good quality on the ball

Haring - great ball winner and also very good passer of the ball

Djoum - bit of flair and very good all round 

And then Cochrane and Lee on the bench. We have gone from having a very poor central midfield to a strong one this season.

Edited by Robbo51

EastSideJambo
47 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Heading back in January I suspect. For quite a bit of cash as well. Probably a factor in him bench-warming last few games. Don’t want him to pick up a knock 

That would be extremely surprising imo. Very welcome were it to happen as he looks a one paced one dimensional midfielder to me 

John mcCartney
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

hehe