Jump to content
*JKB Christmas Cracker 2018 is underway!* 12 days of prizes. Don't forget to renew your subs if you want to take part... PM admin if you need help. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Bongo 1874

Youth

Recommended Posts

Bongo 1874

Hearts are in Scottish FA Youth Cup action this evening when they host Hibs.

The fourth-round clash between the clubs' U18 sides takes place on the indoor pitch at Oriam, with a 7.15pm kick off.

Entry to the match is free but those attending will be issued with a ticket at the door, and entry is on a first come, first served basis.

Supporters should note that the seating deck will not be accessible until 7pm.

Parking at Heriot Watt University is extremely limited therefore supporters are encouraged to make use of public transport where possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Aberdeen have beaten Motherwell 1-0

 

 

IMG_20181207_181644.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Other games on too! (Maybe)

 

Play Dundee United 

Edited by Mikey1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

IMG_20181207_183651.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lfhearts

Gaz junior lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zaba

Hope Mackenzie Ramos makes it with us - what a name! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambo89

Mackenzie Ramos!!

 

what a name! He’s going to turn out amazing! Basing that dokey on his name.

 

Edit - beaten to it by Zaba!!

Edited by jambo89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
haveyouheard 22

Hearts will play there full team the night its the only way we will beat Hibs youth well thats according to sisterfisters site 

 

Mon the famous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier
17 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Hearts will play there full team the night its the only way we will beat Hibs youth well thats according to sisterfisters site 

 

Mon the famous

 

The thickest group of supporters in Europe. A combined IQ of wibble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambo19

Is that Josh Grigor on the bench that signed a pro deal with us in the summer?

 

Heard he left hearts after a fall out with Rankin but didn't know he went to hibs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
haveyouheard 22

I pop on now and then for a giggle it never fails

 

Yesterday there was one deluded gonk saying Lenny has Hibs playing the best football in decades, says a lot that bold statement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio

Calum Wilson only makes the youth team bench for Hibs.

Quite a drop that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier

Is that Mackie laddie injured or just not getting picked? Guy we wanted a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
been here before

Ach I forgot this was on or Id have slid along.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zaba
5 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Is that Mackie laddie injured or just not getting picked? Guy we wanted a few years ago.

He’s too old for this level.

 

Was on the bench for their first team at the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier
Just now, Zaba said:

He’s too old for this level.

 

Was on the bench for their first team at the weekend.

 

Ta. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank

1-0 Hibs at halftime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
haveyouheard 22

Shit, mon the Hearts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

Come on Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicTs

Down 2-0 now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

Grim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicTs

Back in it. 1-2.

 

Dean Ritchie from the spot. Into the last 20 minutes.

Edited by magicTs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicTs

Dean Ritchie misses his and our 2nd penalty (3rd penalty of the game) and the chance to level it. Into the last 7 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicTs

Out 1-2.

 

Like the first team can't score goals when required. Better side but guilty of poor finishing. Looks like we are going to wait a bit longer for Robbo's heir.

Edited by magicTs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Gio
12 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Out 1-2.

 

Like the first team can't score goals when required. Better side but guilty of poor finishing. Looks like we are going to wait a bit longer for Robbo's heir.

Pathetic chat to be honest. 

 

Pretty young 18s team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicTs
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Pathetic chat to be honest. 

 

Pretty young 18s team 

 

 

Lol some overreaction that. A game that should have been won but for dire finishing and a missed penalty. And still no signs of a player coming out of our youth system who can score goals at SPL level. Not sure why such offence would be taken to such a view, its been the reality for over 25 years now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indianajones
2 minutes ago, magicTs said:

 

 

Lol some overreaction that. A game that should have been won but for dire finishing and a missed penalty. And still no signs of a player coming out of our youth system who can score goals at SPL level. Not sure why such offence would be taken to such a view, its been the reality for over 25 years now. 

 

Its a good point to be honest.

 

For such a great youth set up, what great players have we actually produced? There aint many. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst

It was two poor teams on show. Neither side was able to retain possession at any point. It was only after Hearts got their goal were they able to put pressure on the Hibs defence. I've seen Hearts play much better at that level but there were too many players wanting an extra touch before making a pass or (not) having a shot.

Edited by Footballfirst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicTs
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

 

Its a good point to be honest.

 

For such a great youth set up, what great players have we actually produced? There aint many. 

 

 

We have brought through quite a number of defensive players who have had successful professional careers (Naismith, Ritchie, Wallace, Berra, Paterson off the top of my head) and of course Gordon in the sticks but we have definitely struggled over the last couple of decades to bring through many attacking players that have done anything of note. Allan Johnston? He made his debut in 1990! Before him Scott Crabbe? (debut 1986!). I mean really after those two who would we be talking about; the likes of Kevin Thomas, Andy Kirk, Callum Elliott, scraping the barrel to say the least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874

Thought Leeroy Makovora was really good tonight hearts were by far the better team could've been an easy win if we took our chances I think it's jay number 18 looks promising too can deliver a great ball cammy logan is a steady right back also Hamilton didn't have his best game tonight but never gave up and kept trying the future is maaron Gorgie rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
6 hours ago, magicTs said:

Out 1-2.

 

Like the first team can't score goals when required. Better side but guilty of poor finishing. Looks like we are going to wait a bit longer for Robbo's heir.

 

Have a night off ffs :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

It was two poor teams on show. Neither side was able to retain possession at any point. It was only after Hearts got their goal were they able to put pressure on the Hibs defence. I've seen Hearts play much better at that level but there were too many players wanting an extra touch before making a pass or (not) having a shot.

Disappointing.  A real test and they didnt stand up to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicTs
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

 

Have a night off ffs :rofl:

 

Something else factual rattled your jimmies Franco. Lovely. Just lovely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glib and Shameless Crier
4 hours ago, magicTs said:

 

Something else factual rattled your jimmies Franco. Lovely. Just lovely. 

 

Admits trolling!

 

:wow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
5 hours ago, magicTs said:

 

Something else factual rattled your jimmies Franco. Lovely. Just lovely. 

 

Well done for managing to refrain from mocking the disabled in your reply this time 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech

Do we even try to scout strikers at age groups?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzbomb
40 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Do we even try to scout strikers at age groups?

We had Olly Shaw who has played a reasonable amount at hibs and we had Jamie Gullan, who is also starting to breakthrough at hibs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
Just now, buzzbomb said:

We had Olly Shaw who has played a reasonable amount at hibs and we had Jamie Gullan, who is also starting to breakthrough at hibs.

yep and we had "Cumdog" too...Why can't we hold onto strikers? Is there something wrong with the way we play at youth level? Lone striker perhaps ?which if we'd done so 34 years ago would've stifled Robbo's development?

 

I know Gullan left Hearts because he didn't enjoy the setup, and found Hibs setup more to his liking, but it was also at the time when we were a bit of a mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
4 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

We had Olly Shaw who has played a reasonable amount at hibs and we had Jamie Gullan, who is also starting to breakthrough at hibs.

 

Shaw has gone backwards 

 

Be at Dunfermiline soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jamboinglasgow
47 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Do we even try to scout strikers at age groups?

 

Reminds me of a discussion I was having with a friend when he asked me to name a prolific striker that has come out of a youth set up of Premiership or premier league club in recent years. We were both finding it really hard. So suggests the issue with youth strikers is wider than just Hearts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzbomb
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

yep and we had "Cumdog" too...Why can't we hold onto strikers? Is there something wrong with the way we play at youth level? Lone striker perhaps ?which if we'd done so 34 years ago would've stifled Robbo's development?

 

I know Gullan left Hearts because he didn't enjoy the setup, and found Hibs setup more to his liking, but it was also at the time when we were a bit of a mess.

Jamie left Hearts because Hearts didn't fancy him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

Jamie left Hearts because Hearts didn't fancy him.

That's not what his sister, Laura, told me.

Edited by Spellczech

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzbomb
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

Shaw has gone backwards 

 

Be at Dunfermiline soon

That may or not be the case, but you could say at least he's got near the first team. Think Callum Elliott was probably our last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzbomb
Just now, Spellczech said:

That's not what his sister told me.

Jamie would've been at hearts if they'd wanted him. He wouldn't have been able to just leave and go and sample hibs. There would have been a development fee etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

That may or not be the case, but you could say at least he's got near the first team. Think Callum Elliott was probably our last.

 

I think you have to sign young players not just rely on an academy. We have Keena as our main current prospect. 

 

Messi has a lot to answer for perhaps in what youngsters aspire to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzbomb
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

 

I think you have to sign young players not just rely on an academy. We have Keena as our main current prospect. 

 

Messi has a lot to answer for perhaps in what youngsters aspire to.

No disagreement on that, but not convinced we've been that successful at that either. Keena, time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874
1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

No disagreement on that, but not convinced we've been that successful at that either. Keena, time will tell.

 

Yes agree.

 

We need to attract/ sign better young players.

 

Just Kenna and Bobby Burns just now I think plus Silva the keeper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
4 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Jamie would've been at hearts if they'd wanted him. He wouldn't have been able to just leave and go and sample hibs. There would have been a development fee etc.

True people seldom say they lost a job, preferring to say they quit, but the way she said he was desperately unhappy at Hearts even though he was a Hearts fan sounded genuine enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzbomb
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

True people seldom say they lost a job, preferring to say they quit, but the way she said he was desperately unhappy at Hearts even though he was a Hearts fan sounded genuine enough.

Yeah, he probably was. At the stage where you're basically being rejected. He's done well since tho. Came back and scored a hat-trick vs Hearts at 17s level the season after, albeit a young hearts team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech
7 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Yeah, he probably was. At the stage where you're basically being rejected. He's done well since tho. Came back and scored a hat-trick vs Hearts at 17s level the season after, albeit a young hearts team.

I actually find it more troubling, the idea that Hearts are continually letting talent slip through their fingers, than failing to find it in the first place...That implies that the scouts are doing great and so are the junior coaches but the senior youth coaches are crap!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×