Us V ten men

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

There is allot of slavering and ott criticism as per, but we do need to work on our game v ten men

Having only Maclean, who is quite static and no other striking options doesn't help, but our performance if anything gets worse when the other team goes goes a man. 

We actually look lost. 

What's that all about and can it be fixed? 

Despite my initial optimism on Sunday that we should get right into them now we've got a man advantage I didn't notice any difference at all. When Hibs went a man down we dominated the game from there on, albeit we didn't manage to score, but against The Rangers nothing changed. I've no idea what the answer is unfortunately.

13 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

There is allot of slavering and ott criticism as per, but we do need to work on our game v ten men

Having only Maclean, who is quite static and no other striking options doesn't help, but our performance if anything gets worse when the other team goes goes a man. 

We actually look lost. 

There was little we could do on Sunday because Madden and his assistant just broke up all of our attacks by blowing for non-existent fouls and offsides and allowing Rangers to get away with everything they wanted. If we were defending a lead or trying to hold on to a draw then fair enough. Chasing the game, no chance. Madden did not allow it.

Rangers worked hard to make sure we couldn't push an extra man forward to make our numerical advantage count.

They kept things solid and broke at pace when they got possession back.

By keeping us worried about defence we were unable to focus on attack.

With a bit more confidence and another striker available perhaps we could have made it count but tactically rangers played it well and used the officials assistance to it's maximum.

Edited by Bauld

36 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

There was little we could do on Sunday because Madden and his assistant just broke up all of our attacks by blowing for non-existent fouls and offsides and allowing Rangers to get away with everything they wanted. If we were defending a lead or trying to hold on to a draw then fair enough. Chasing the game, no chance. Madden did not allow it.

The one against MacLean on the edge of the box summed that up to me.

The Future's Maroon
33 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Rangers worked hard to make sure we couldn't push an extra man forward to make our numerical advantage count.

They kept things solid and broke at pace when they got possession back.

By keeping us worried about defence we were unable to focus on attack.

With a bit more confidence and another striker available perhaps we could have made it count but tactically rangers played it well and used the officials assistance to it's maximum.

Pretty much my thoughts, I actually think The Rangers stepped up to the plate once down to ten....maybe they have worked on it a lot, not forgetting they have had seven or eigh games this season where they have Ben down to ten.

I guess credit has to go to the management and coaching staff of they bar stewards....not that I like giving them any credit.

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

This. 

Just said similar elsewhere. Earlier in the season we would of rubbed our hands together. Sunday after we scored composure went as though we panicked saying **** we are winning. It was the same against 10men earlier in the season even up to the Hibs game there was a confidence of this is ours we will bombard you now. 

Two things you need to do when a man up - keep the ball and play with width right up to the opposition goal line. Sadly, we did neither on Sunday. Morrison tried but wasn’t effective enough.

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

The one against MacLean on the edge of the box summed that up to me.

Frustrating as hell. The foul on Djoum straight after their goal was a shocker too. As I said, it’s all about breaking up momentum and Rangers and Madden were textbook. 

Big clevid came on and was Rangers best player for 30 minutes. I genuinely felt that hampered us. I like the big man, but I think it may be the worst 30 minutes I’ve ever seen by any player in a hearts jersey ?. ..

sidjamesbottle
28 minutes ago, Bighenry said:

Big clevid came on and was Rangers best player for 30 minutes. I genuinely felt that hampered us. I like the big man, but I think it may be the worst 30 minutes I’ve ever seen by any player in a hearts jersey ?. ..

You obviously never saw Andy Watson in a hearts top !

Just now, sidjamesbottle said:

Ha ha! No mate, but I was going to ask if anyone remembered a worse 30 minutes 

I just thought we lost composure and combination in midfield. 

Possibly highlighting our lack of cunning in that area. No one really took responsibility to maybe slow it down, get others closer and drag Rangers out.

We played it how they wanted. A bit rushed as we had no one high enough up the park when the ball went in the box. 

EastSideJambo
1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We actually look lost. 

Possibly utilise what width we have available and remove restrictions on midfield players from getting into the box. If their inability to get into the box isn't down to instruction, I'd be looking to move a couple on as they've not got what we need 

Try and refrain from using 4 central midfielders with alarming frequency 

Try and get a modicum of something out of Clare and Wighton given we've shelled out cash for the pair of them 

Edited by EastSideJambo

2 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

Possibly utilise what width we have available and remove restrictions on midfield players from getting into the box. If their inability to get into the box isn't down to instruction, I'd be looking to move a couple on as they've not got what we need 

Try and get a modicum of something out of Clare and Wighton given we've shelled out cash for the pair of them 

And do what?

Where are you moving them to if they are under contract and the window is closed?

You will replace them with who?  The window is closed .  Just play with 9 men?

I'm sure CL is not trying to get a modicum of something out of Clare and Wighton so if he's reading this he'll now know what to do.

Edited by JamboAl

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bighenry said:

Clearly been out at the jam House the night before. 

His diagnal "pass's" were like he was trying to hit the number 33 on Gorgie. 

Looks like he's put on weight as well. 

Allot of folk have used rangers as an example , but it was similar v hibs. 

We are often Tom kite v ten. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, EastSideJambo said:

Agree reference width. 

Maclean being the only striker does not run the channels, so this also makes us narrow. 

We can't just punt players, tho and some  imo deserve more of a chance. 

EastSideJambo
1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Agree reference width. 

Maclean being the only striker does not run the channels, so this also makes us narrow. 

We can't just punt players, tho and some  imo deserve more of a chance. 

Stevie MacLean shouldn't be asked to do what he is at his age. He wasn't doing that at St Johnstone and he wouldn't have been expecting to do so with us 

The Goalscoring Knee
3 hours ago, Bighenry said:
3 hours ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Ha ha! No mate, but I was going to ask if anyone remembered a worse 30 minutes 

If you gents don't mind me joining in, I'd like to offer up Klimek, a complete Polish pudding of a striker who wobbled about for us a couple of times when the Romanov roundabout was going full pelt. He was truly dreadful.

Levein needed to realise that MacLean was in need of a substitution.

But as our only striker he wouldn't take him off despite it being the correct choice.

We also went a bit too long too soon in our attacks.

Everyone seemed to bomb forward without thinking how the ball would get to them.

Clevid's passes were poor but Smith was at right wing expecting a pin point pass from a 5 minute sub- that's not going to happen.

A team winning with 10 men is a lot harder to break down than one losing. Easier to just sit in and defend and go on the counter, which they did.

We lack creativity and being direct, things our injured players provide. Shit to have to tolerate how we are in the meantime though.

5 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We actually look lost. 

It’s because our players are not raising their game when needed 

I am one for giving Clare a chance but he is not contributing enough  or putting in enough effort 

when Lee replaced him on Sunday apart from 1 shot he was not making himself available IMO   we got a throw in late in game on their 18 yard line Ollie was the obvious man to receive the ball but he wasn’t shouting for it looked to want others to step up when HE was the fresh legs. That ain’t good enough. As has been said on many other threads Levein is just replacing like for like 

We need to start running at defences as Demi did on a couple of occasions making them work harder 

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Stevie MacLean shouldn't be asked to do what he is at his age. He wasn't doing that at St Johnstone and he wouldn't have been expecting to do so with us 

Don't think that was the plan. 

He'll be a bit part player come January. 

But with ulche injured, Naismith injured and Lafferty begging to leave, we have no choice atm. 

But you must know this.