Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury

Armageddon

Does anybody have an eye on this?

The transformation in Fury is unreal - I used to dislike Fury but I'm warming to him now, hoping he pumps the boy.

Image result for tyson fury transformation

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• moogsy

• AlimOzturk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope Fury wins this but I can’t see it.  I backed him to beat Klitsko (sp) but this has come to early for him I reckon and he will lose on points. 

Wilder seems a bit of a dick. Hopefully fury beats him. 

Surely AJ will the the next opponent of the winner. 

Read it could be a 5am (UK time) ring walk. Not sure I'll catch the fight or not. 

Seymour M Hersh

Boxing is shite. Paying money (either by attending in person or Pay Per View) to watch two knuckle draggers attempt to beat the other into a coma! In this day and age (and with the criticism of head contact in football, rugby and US football) it beggars belief it's still allowed.

jack D and coke

Hard to call. Fury is the best boxer in the heavyweight division skill wise, but added to the fact he has little power to KO Wilder, he’s been out the ring a while and his two comeback fights have been with men I could probably last a round or two with. Absolute bums. 

Wilder has no boxing skills whatsoever but he can dig. 

Im interested to see what happens. 

AJ next for the winner surely too. 

Edited by jack D and coke

29 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Hard to call. Fury is the best boxer in the heavyweight division skill wise, but added to the fact he has little power to KO Wilder, he’s been out the ring a while and his two comeback fights have been with men I could probably last a round or two with. Absolute bums. 

Wilder has no boxing skills whatsoever but he can dig. 

Im interested to see what happens. 

AJ next for the winner surely too. 

Proper heavyweight slog out (I hope).

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Proper heavyweight slog out (I hope).

Be good to see them both go for it but can’t see Fury risking that. He’ll have to punch and move and if he can keep that up for the whole distance of the fight I can’t see Wilder beating him. He tires a bit and Wilder lands however....

Looking forward to it the heavyweight division is decent at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Boxing is shite. Paying money (either by attending in person or Pay Per View) to watch two knuckle draggers attempt to beat the other into a coma! In this day and age (and with the criticism of head contact in football, rugby and US football) it beggars belief it's still allowed.

Ever seen the backgrounds some of these boxers come from? Joshua was running around in gangs as was Wilder, Fury would have been fighting in the underground bare Knuckle fights like his dad.  Dylan Whyte was stabbed due to drug violence and boxing was his get out. 

Boxing serves a great purpose in communities that need it. 

As for your Knuckle dragger comment...these guys train 7 days a offer from young and are probably one of the fittest athletes around. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

AJ is a shitebag. He won't go near either of them, win or lose.

It is inevitable he will fight them both. As for shite bag..he has fought Klitschko, Parker, Whyte, Takem, Povetkin. Better fighters than fury and Wilder have fought. 

People who know nothing about boxing should stop commenting as it is embarrassing.

Edited by AlimOzturk

jack D and coke
25 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Absolute nonsense :lol: 

Aussieh you’re like a mate of mine who just hates AJ. He’s a lot of things, a racist etc. A shitebag he defo ain’t.

Personally I really enjoy his fights for what they are ,I don’t care whether he wins or loses but his fights are generally entertaining affairs. 

Already looks like Fury is in his head, can see the basketball player coming out windmilling and tiring himself out by the 5th/6th. Assuming Fury is anywhere near his ‘best’, Wilder won’t even lay a glove on him.

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Absolute nonsense :lol: 

Aussieh you’re like a mate of mine who just hates AJ. He’s a lot of things, a racist etc. A shitebag he defo ain’t.

Personally I really enjoy his fights for what they are ,I don’t care whether he wins or loses but his fights are generally entertaining affairs. 

Shiiiiiiiitebaaaaaaaggggg! Who turned down £50m to fight DW.  Big bodybuilding Shhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiter!  ?

Edited by ri Alban

i think wilder will come out and box early at distance, hes giving away weight height and reach. the middle rounds will be the test for Fury. if he gets through them I can see him nicking it on a close points verdict. the way Fury moves his feet and switches in and out of southpaw should in theory give Wilder big problems. what happens when or if Wilder lands flush is going to be key also. 

SuperstarSteve

Fury wins by UD. 

Hearn won’t put AJ in with either, what he offered wilder for an undisputed unification was less than what mandatory’s get for a title challenge, anyone engaging their brain knows who’s the reason the fights haven’t happened. Hearn is protecting his business asset and with good reason.

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Be good to see them both go for it but can’t see Fury risking that. He’ll have to punch and move and if he can keep that up for the whole distance of the fight I can’t see Wilder beating him. He tires a bit and Wilder lands however....

Looking forward to it the heavyweight division is decent at the moment. 

Aye should be good. I fear I will be pished & asleep by the time it comes on though. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Ever seen the backgrounds some of these boxers come from? Joshua was running around in gangs as was Wilder, Fury would have been fighting in the underground bare Knuckle fights like his dad.  Dylan Whyte was stabbed due to drug violence and boxing was his get out. 

Boxing serves a great purpose in communities that need it. 

As for your Knuckle dragger comment...these guys train 7 days a offer from young and are probably one of the fittest athletes around. 

I get what you're saying about communities and getting kids away from gangs but it's a brutal spectacle that I won't watch. 

Like most Wilder fights, I think he will be thoroughly outboxed for a few rounds before landing the right hand and sparking Fury out.There's no way Wilder will shite it like Klitchsko did. Fury's body may look in good condition but you can't put yourself through what he has and come back to anywhere near the level you were at previously, especially with the level of opponent he's faced in his come back fights. If he somehow manages to pull it off credit where credit is due, would be a massive achievement.

14 minutes ago, moogsy said:

Like most Wilder fights, I think he will be thoroughly outboxed for a few rounds before landing the right hand and sparking Fury out.There's no way Wilder will shite it like Klitchsko did. Fury's body may look in good condition but you can't put yourself through what he has and come back to anywhere near the level you were at previously, especially with the level of opponent he's faced in his come back fights. If he somehow manages to pull it off credit where credit is due, would be a massive achievement.

Charlie Zee beat him.

?

Edited by ri Alban

18 minutes ago, moogsy said:

George foreman did it. 

Not comparing boxers and I suppose foreman didn't take drugs and drink the way Fury has. But he ballooned in weight and didn't fight for ten years and then came back and won a world title at much older age than Fury. 

The body has an amazing way of protecting itself from harm and because he was an athlete probably helped protect himself from permanent damage. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Samuel Camazzola
54 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I get what you're saying about communities and getting kids away from gangs but it's a brutal spectacle that I won't watch. 

One of the first live boxing events I attended was Alex Arthur v Michael Gomez (Meadowbank, 2003) and to this day it's up there with 2014 Ryder Cup and 1998 Cup final as one of the best sporting spectacles I've attended. 

Amazing atmosphere and performances (even if Alex let the occasion become bigger than his talent). Sky have shown the fight numerous times as on of their classics but it will easily be located on YouTube. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

George foreman did it. 

Not comparing boxers and I suppose foreman didn't take drugs and drink the fury for. But he ballooned in weight years and came back and won a world title. 

This is fairly crucial. Foreman as far as I'm aware in his years off as a preacher wasn't living in the pub and doing mountains of charlie :lol:

He also had about 20 fights after his comeback before fighting at world level, Fury is trying to do it after 2. If he pulls it off it will be unprecedented in the world of boxing and as such he would deserve all the respect in the world.

Wilder wont be gun shy like Wlad was , Fury will have a barrage coming at him every round ,by the law of averages some will reach the target . When they do Fury will be on the canvas.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, moogsy said:

This is fairly crucial. Foreman as far as I'm aware in his years off as a preacher wasn't living in the pub and doing mountains of charlie :lol:

He also had about 20 fights after his comeback before fighting at world level, Fury is trying to do it after 2. If he pulls it off it will be unprecedented in the world of boxing and as such he would deserve all the respect in the world.

Yep I’ve just got a nagging doubt he’s done this a bit too soon. Wilder has no skills, he’s actually shockingly bad skill wise, as a boxer,  but if he lands....

Its an interesting match up, looking forward to it. 

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Shiiiiiiiitebaaaaaaaggggg! Who turned down £50m to fight DW.  Big bodybuilding Shhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiter!  ?

Wilder hasnt fought anyone in 40 fights. AJ has fought absolutely everyone of note apart from wilder.. By the age of 28. Its usually a good idea to stay clear of topics you clearly know nothing about

rudi must stay
10 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Does anybody have an eye on this?

The transformation in Fury is unreal - I used to dislike Fury but I'm warming to him now, hoping he pumps the boy.

Image result for tyson fury transformation

Glad there's a thread on this fight. I'm no boxing fan, but it could be brilliant, the hatred there, and I'd say hatred, is real. From what I've seen of Tyson Fury he takes punches and sticks in but Wilder will stop at nothing in my opinion. Fascinating fight

rudi must stay
8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Interesting he'd predict Fury to lose. I wonder if those two will fight next, seems like with all the mind games that's likely

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Wilder hasnt fought anyone in 40 fights. AJ has fought absolutely everyone of note apart from wilder.. By the age of 28. Its usually a good idea to stay clear of topics you clearly know nothing about

Absolutely  Kingantii .......how do such half witts actually get on here ??

I like Fury - I think he’s a much better fighter than the average punter realises.

His year long journey has been well documented and there’s lots of free videos on the BT Sport website/BT Sport Facebook page if anyone is looking for some of the build up interviews etc.

William H. Bonney
2 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

The one that gets shot at

Robert kelbie? Did he not throw a chicken at wilder in nandos? 

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Fury is a lot better than Parker. You know that right?

Nobody KNOWS that, its all about opinions m8.

12 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Sorry Petal.

8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I've forgotten more about boxing than you'll ever know. 

16 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Got £30 on fury to beat wilder at 6/5 returns £67. Hope he does the job ?

Is that all he is. 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Is that all he is. 

Aii. Best odds I could find 

Bet 365 had him at 4/1 but as soon as I tried to put the bet on it changed ton evens. 

It is impossible to call this fight even for the bookies it would seem. 

Edited by AlimOzturk