Roy Keane on Craig Gordon

haveyouheard 22

It should have been ten
On 16/11/2018 at 18:38, kingantti1874 said:

Yep. Its not the factvthat he chose them before us, more the celticy attitude he adopted. The lack of respect.. Celtic fans / ex players have behaved much more respectfully on their return to Tynecastle. Craig has sold the jerseys..

This x 100. Boy’s a disrespectful prick, sad but true.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• DS98

• Ricardo Shillyshally

• Forever Hearts

It should have been ten
On 17/11/2018 at 01:39, siegementality said:

To anybody that thinks Gordon is the best goalkeeper to play for Hearts. Sadly you didn’t see Anti Niemi.

:spoton:

Gordon had potential to go all the way to the top. When he went to Sunderland I honestly thought that he would be playing for Man U or Liverpool in a few years. Cant believe he ended up at that lot.

1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Gordon had potential to go all the way to the top. When he went to Sunderland I honestly thought that he would be playing for Man U or Liverpool in a few years. Cant believe he ended up at that lot.

He was struggling form wise when he got his serious injury.

He was dropped and Mingolet took his place for a while.

Look who Liverpool signed.?

Turned out after his injury problems Celtic was a great move for him.

I wouldn't take Gordon over Zlamal ATM. The old Gordon without a doubt but the current Gordon isn't a shadow of his former self IMO. 

I ceased to have any interest in CG after he went down south. His antics at Celtic are pathetic to behold - not sure why he needs to ingratiate himself so much . Not as good as  Niemi and as said elsewhere, still hopeless on crosses for a keeper of his ability and age. Still a top, top keeper though (who should have gone on to better than Sunderland) who got great praise from Niall Quinn over his time at Sunderland. 

3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I ceased to have any interest in CG after he went down south. His antics at Celtic are pathetic to behold - not sure why he needs to ingratiate himself so much . Not as good as  Niemi and as said elsewhere, still hopeless on crosses for a keeper of his ability and age. Still a top, top keeper though (who should have gone on to better than Sunderland) who got great praise from Niall Quinn over his time at Sunderland. 

Can you list these pathetic antics?

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Didn’t think so

If you've got a point to make, make it. Otherwise I won't be wasting any more of my time . If you disagree, that's cool : carry on disagreeing. 

PS  I was being ironic but you're too busy looking for a fight. 

Bazzas right boot

Even, just from a football point of view, He won't be good enough for us when he's dumped by them. 

We'd be his wee pension top up. 

Also, being a Hearts fan, his behaviour, imo piss's me off more than the likes of Brown etc, you expect them to be wee ******s, but when one of your own turns, even a little - for some reason it's worse. 

Thanks for the previous, thanks for the cash, but No thanks. 

Can't be bothered with him. The only good thing was the 9 million quid we scored for him. Wouldn't even be in my top 5 goalies that I've watched at Tynie in over 35 years. Antti Niemi would be 1st followed by Henry Smith, 12/13 seasons as first choice isn't to be sniffed at. Then it would be Gilles Rousset next, Marian Kello and finally Jon McGlaughlin from last season. Gordon might make 6th.

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Can't be bothered with him. The only good thing was the 9 million quid we scored for him. Wouldn't even be in my top 5 goalies that I've watched at Tynie in over 35 years. Antti Niemi would be 1st followed by Henry Smith, 12/13 seasons as first choice isn't to be sniffed at. Then it would be Gilles Rousset next, Marian Kello and finally Jon McGlaughlin from last season. Gordon might make 6th.

Sorry, but that’s garbage.  Gordon was world class for us at times.  Some of they saves especially in derbies won and drew us games.  Niemi I’ll give you but Craig was much better than the others. 

As for his “antics” the boys a winner who loves winning games of football and his commitment professionally comes ahead of the club he supports.  We would want it exactly the same shoe on the other foot.  

22 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Sorry, but that’s garbage.  Gordon was world class for us at times.  Some of they saves especially in derbies won and drew us games.  Niemi I’ll give you but Craig was much better than the others. 

As for his “antics” the boys a winner who loves winning games of football and his commitment professionally comes ahead of the club he supports.  We would want it exactly the same shoe on the other foot.  

I get what you're saying, Gordon pulled of a few good saves in his time with us but I remember at the time I wasn't even bothered about him leaving. I also thought that Sunderland were crazy to be paying that much for him, not that I was complaining, there's loads of spare millions flying around England, we'll take what we get from their clubs. I remember the Motherwell save and a couple of crackers against Hibs, struggling after that if i'm being honest but definitely there were a few more, maybe in lesser games and is the reason I don't remember much else. Was still a good keeper but there were others I preferred more. It's all about personal choice. Roddy McKenzie, Janos Balloch, Jamie McDonald, Neil Alexander and even Craig Nelson pulled off a couple of decent saves but Gordon was obviously better than them.

As for his antics, I never mentioned them, couldn't care less. His time has come and gone, thank for the cash.

Edited by jambonian

10 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If you've got a point to make, make it. Otherwise I won't be wasting any more of my time . If you disagree, that's cool : carry on disagreeing. 

PS  I was being ironic but you're too busy looking for a fight. 

He asked a legitimate question. Several people have made comments about Gordon's Celtic minded behaviour but nobody has given any examples (except from him celebrating winning a trophy). I can't claim to have being paying much attention to what Craig Gordon had been saying over recent years so I would genuinely be interested in what has pissed folk off. It can't just be the signing for them as there have been others who have done the same and are still well regarded.

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

I get what you're saying, Gordon pulled of a few good saves in his time with us but I remember at the time I wasn't even bothered about him leaving. I also thought that Sunderland were crazy to be paying that much for him, not that I was complaining, there's loads of spare millions flying around England, we'll take what we get from their clubs. I remember the Motherwell save and a couple of crackers against Hibs, struggling after that if i'm being honest but definitely there were a few more, maybe in lesser games and is the reason I don't remember much else. Was still a good keeper but there were others I preferred more. It's all about personal choice. Roddy McKenzie, Janos Balloch, Jamie McDonald, Neil Alexander and even Craig Nelson pulled off a couple of decent saves but Gordon was obviously better than them.

As for his antics, I never mentioned them, couldn't care less. His time has come and gone, thank for the cash.

The triple save against Sparta Prague was the best thing ive ever seen a keeper do in the flesh. 

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

The triple save against Sparta Prague was the best thing ive ever seen a keeper do in the flesh. 

Naw

Henry giving the wee team fans the two fingered salute beats it.?

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

He asked a legitimate question. Several people have made comments about Gordon's Celtic minded behaviour but nobody has given any examples (except from him celebrating winning a trophy). I can't claim to have being paying much attention to what Craig Gordon had been saying over recent years so I would genuinely be interested in what has pissed folk off. It can't just be the signing for them as there have been others who have done the same and are still well regarded.

This is where I’m at. I’ve heard a few times about these ‘antics’ but no one can give any examples.

I remember Ozzy Sow missed a penalty and Gordon jumped up and did a wee celebratory fist pump to himself. But other than that I’m stuck. 

For all the guys done for us ( including ‘donating’ his £900k signing on fee back to us) I think we can forgive a wee fist pump.

maybe just me

On 16/11/2018 at 18:44, AlimOzturk said:

Incredible keeper in his pomp. One of the few genuine World class players we have had. If it wasnt for injuries he would have been at a Chelsea/liverpool by now. 

He was always good but never world class. Still flaps at crosses.

2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

He was always good but never world class. Still flaps at crosses.

Struggling with crosses at Sunderland at the time of his injury.

Hearts got his best seasons form wise and then 9 million for him.

I rated Jim and Anti better but don't understand the anti Craig comments on this thread.

Just now, benny said:

Struggling with crosses at Sunderland at the time of his injury.

Hearts got his best seasons form wise and then 9 million for him.

I rated Jim and Anti better but don't understand the anti Craig comments on this thread.

He always struggled with crosses. The rest of his game was fantastic and it was always a disappointment he never managed to sort that out. 

He filled Antti's gloves well at a time we thought we were stuffed for a decent keeper but he was never ever as good.