Roy Keane on Craig Gordon

haveyouheard 22

haveyouheard 22

Was passed  the RK  book the other day at work, bit dated now 

Said Craigs first day at training ,he was applauded by his team mates as they hadny seen that type of performance before  and how good he was 

I know he's at the mob , love him back at Tynie some time in the future 

Edited by haveyouheard 22

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• DS98

• Ricardo Shillyshally

• Forever Hearts

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Jenks said:

Sell out ? Eh?

Yep. Its not the factvthat he chose them before us, more the celticy attitude he adopted. The lack of respect.. Celtic fans / ex players have behaved much more respectfully on their return to Tynecastle. Craig has sold the jerseys..

One of his biggest fans but think he has embraced the whole celtic mindset a bit too much.

That and injuries have left him a shadow of his former self.

Tremendous player for us though, one of the best ever.

5 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Sell out ? Eh?

Some people like to believe the myth that he had a choice between us and Celtic. Which is absolute fabrication.

Even if he did have a choice (which he didn’t) they’d still be able to offer him 5x what we could do who would blame him?

Incredible keeper in his pomp. One of the few genuine World class players we have had. If it wasnt for injuries he would have been at a Chelsea/liverpool by now. 

3 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Some people like to believe the myth that he had a choice between us and Celtic. Which is absolute fabrication.

Even if he did have a choice (which he didn’t) they’d still be able to offer him 5x what we could do who would blame him?

Wasn’t he training and almost signing for Rangers?  Craig’s not a sellout he’s a pro footballer that made us a lot, lot of money 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Its more how he has "integrated". He seems to have taken to the club whos fans were so quick to spit on him, and hasbt been shy to celebrate against his so called boyhood club.. No real hearts man would ld celebrate against us wearing that shirt.. No matter hiw muxh money i was being paid

30 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Said Craigs first day at training ,he was applauded by his team mates as they hadny seen that type of performance before  and how good he was 

His time to come back was four years ago. Sod taking him back when he’s past it and there are better options available. Nothing against the lad, but I’d rather have the best players available.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Its more how he has "integrated". He seems to have taken to the club whos fans were so quick to spit on him, and hasbt been shy to celebrate against his so called boyhood club.. No real hearts man would ld celebrate against us wearing that shirt.. No matter hiw muxh money i was being paid

Hugely disappointed with his attitude recently. No one would have turned down the money celtic were offering at his age. However, it is as if he has turned into one of them!

To listen to him referring to Referee's being biased, he lost all credibility with me. He is too tainted to ever come back now!

He's not what you might describe as a huge loss to think tanks around the globe so I don't mind his departure from what is right and pure.    

chester copperpot

He was a far better keeper for us.

Celtic have a decent keeper past his prime but still a good keeper. We had a genuine world class keeper in his prime.

I would love to have seen him go on if he had steered clear of injuries. Genuinely would have been world class

Never gonna happen. He was an amazing keeper for us, one of if not the best of all time, but that was 10+ years ago now and injuries haven't been kind to him in taking away much of his prime years. We could do better and already have.

What a keeper in his day though, his save v Bolton is genuinely as close to impossible as you're likely to see.

39 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Never ever, still probably a nice guy, but on the dark side now.

kingantti1874
23 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Hugely disappointed with his attitude recently. No one would have turned down the money celtic were offering at his age. However, it is as if he has turned into one of them!

To listen to him referring to Referee's being biased, he lost all credibility with me. He is too tainted to ever come back now!

Yep. Wed all have signed for them.. But hes become one of them.. He can go **** himself 

Sell out ? we got £9m for him, he had a bad almost career ending injury, was in the Hearts end on 19 May 2012, after finally getting over his injury he was offered a deal way beyond anything we could have offered, we didn't approach him to sign anyway and that makes him a sell out. Unbelievable 

1 minute ago, Macros said:

Sell out ? we got £9m for him, he had a bad almost career ending injury, was in the Hearts end on 19 May 2012, after finally getting over his injury he was offered a deal way beyond anything we could have offered, we didn't approach him to sign anyway and that makes him a sell out. Unbelievable 

Indeed. Made us more money than any player ever has or ever will again and is given shit by simpletons. Astonishing. Every chance he will be back at Tynecastle in some capacity in a few years time. 

11 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Good that we used the 9 milly so wisely  ?‍♂️

Drop in the ocean compared to the money moving in the other direction, so, y’know. Money that helped us win two cups and absolutely humiliate the shite. B)

We got £9 mill because he signed a new contract with us which he didn’t have to do , he could of gone for nothing if he hadn’t - so fair do to CG.

i wouldn’t want him back now though, but have no gripes with him. He’s had a great career and made a shitload of money I’d imagine.

Once any of ours choose Hibs, Celtic or rangers they are history to me.

Craig who?

And dont get me started on loudmouth Keane.

Forever Hearts

Couldn't care less about him. Sold his soul the day he signed for that rancid club and I hope he never represents HMFC in any capacity ever again. 

I agree that he has "integrated" into Celtic to an extent that is unredeemable.

That said, huge credit to him for making the comeback in the last few years.

I'm glad to see him still playing at all. 

He is no where near as good as he was and nearly done.

Still got a lot of time for Gordon though, was fantastic for us and left for what is probably going to be our highest transfer fee for a long long time, just a shame that the cash injection of that magnitude is not with the set up we have now.

Ricardo Shillyshally

The picture of him on his knees at Hampden celebrating a celtic cup win is what I picture when I hear his name.

Allowayjambo1874
2 hours ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

If you want to read how to make an impression on your new teammates on your first day of training with them read Dave MacKay’s autobiography. 

Edited by Allowayjambo1874

2 hours ago, graygo said:

Quite ironic that both Celtic's goalkeepers are Hearts supporters.

One of them denied he was a Hearts supporter to appease the supporters of our neighbours when he signed on loan for them , so he can **** right off , prick that he is . 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

One of them denied he was a Hearts supporter to appease the supporters of our neighbours when he signed on loan for them , so he can **** right off , prick that he is . 

Bain? Did he really.. What a ****

Clark Griswold
54 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Celtic love in

If you're gonna play for Celtic, or any other club for that matter, surely you're gonna get the team's fans on side? If he stated he still loved the famous, he'd be kicked out of Celtic faster than the Caley Thistle fans pulling players down in the box.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

If you're gonna play for Celtic, or any other club for that matter, surely you're gonna get the team's fans on side? If he stated he still loved the famous, he'd be kicked out of Celtic faster than the Caley Thistle fans pulling players down in the box.

Renounce your love for the club? No chance.. Players like Paul Hartley and JC were celrix through and through.. Far more respect for Paul hartley than sell out gordon and if thats true about bain.. What a ****ing cretin 

47 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

The picture of him on his knees at Hampden celebrating a celtic cup win is what I picture when I hear his name.

Sickening.

Screenshot_20181116-220231_Google.jpg

Placid Casual
1 hour ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Don’t get that at all. You think of their Cup win and not the prominent role he played in ours?

And that save against Motherwell in 2005...

If he was decent dealing with crosses, he may have been regarded as world class.

rudi must stay
56 minutes ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

Wonderful keeper,.. Nice guy... Poor career choices 

To be fair he's made very good career choices. Sat on the sofa for 2 years, turned down everything including us and waited, he played a blinder getting them, much as I dispise them as a club..