Vanecek......again....!

Section Q

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/czech-break-gives-hearts-bound-david-vanecek-early-chance-to-settle-1-4830621

Article says Czech football finishes for winter break on Dec 14 so can't understand why he couldn't be a free agent and play for us in December. Our winter break doesn't start until Dec 31.

Just now, brux said:

Because he isn't a free agent until 31 December 

And even if he was, he wasn’t when the last transfer window was open, so we can’t register him until 1st January.  

Would need permission from Teplice to train with us common sense would suggest not a problem but they've been dicks before when we tried to get gim in early so i expect the same.. 

Would be beneficial to get him here 2 weeks early so he can hit the ground running come January 1st 

24 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Would need permission from Teplice to train with us common sense would suggest not a problem but they've been dicks before when we tried to get gim in early so i expect the same.. 

Would be beneficial to get him here 2 weeks early so he can hit the ground running come January 1st 

I think that was because they needed him to play, i’d imagine they will be fine when they have no games.

John mcCartney

hel be over for checking out the derby xmas hols,i wouldnt be surprised if hes in our end that night

vanacek watch has started,hopefully the geezer will hit the ground running.....please let it be

Get him in the Dunbar end for the derby and up the town for Hogmanay, a real feel for what he’s coming to. Then, bust his balls in training.

Edited by TypoonJambo

fabienleclerq

How bad is the evening news site to view, it's worse than the clickbait shite on Facebook. Pop ups and crashes constantly.

1 hour ago, Section Q said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/czech-break-gives-hearts-bound-david-vanecek-early-chance-to-settle-1-4830621

Article says Czech football finishes for winter break on Dec 14 so can't understand why he couldn't be a free agent and play for us in December. Our winter break doesn't start until Dec 31.

Firstly, his contract probably runs to 31st December, and secondly, you have to be a free agent when a transfer window closes to register for a club before their next transfer window opens.

letsalldothebeattie

Hopefully he’s across here to train with the team before the winter break begins. Would be good for him to get to know the team for a couple weeks and keep fitness levels up

We_are_the_Hearts
6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

get him beasted up the gullane dunes to keep up his fitness

And then get injured a few months later

Can’t see Teplice allowing him to train with us. What happens if he suffered a serious injury during those 2 weeks? 

Who would be responsible for his medical bills/care? 

Edited by Swanny17

4 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Can’t see Teplice allowing him to train with us. What happens if he suffered a serious injury during those 2 weeks? 

He's out of contract at the end of December so wouldn't really be their problem.

3 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Hardly being dicks all they done was look after themselves

40 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Not really, they said if got got a replacement in he could go for an agreeed fee. They got a replacement, then said he couldn’t go 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

To be honest, Jan 1st and the winter break offers us 3 weeks to get him in with the bricks. Give MacLean a break, and keep opposition guessing, whilst giving Wighton vital time to get comfortable with his new level of expectation. Uche and Naisy back, things look very different again

3 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Hopefully he’s across here to train with the team before the winter break begins. Would be good for him to get to know the team for a couple weeks and keep fitness levels up

Even if he doesn't actually start training till the beginning of January, just getting moved over to Edinburgh, settled into his accommodation, and generally getting his bearings in his new city will surely only help him to hit the ground running when the squad resumes full training after their brief winter break.

1 hour ago, waterboy11 said:

Not really, they said if got got a replacement in he could go for an agreeed fee. They got a replacement, then said he couldn’t go 

We didn't reach the agreed fee though.  It was clear they had a price they wanted and we had a limit to what we'd pay.  They looked after their own interests which is entirely fair.  And it' proven to be a good move for them as he's scored quite a few goals.

38 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Even if he doesn't actually start training till the beginning of January, just getting moved over to Edinburgh, settled into his accommodation, and generally getting his bearings in his new city will surely only help him to hit the ground running when the squad resumes full training after their brief winter break.

add to this even just getting to know the rest of the squad in a social sense should help him integrate and feel part of the team

Some common sense is required here.

He will have just finished playing a full season on 14 December.

Give him a couple of weeks break first to let him move to Edinburgh and to settle in before he is registered on 1st January.

Then let him join the rest of the players as they return from their very short winter break.

12 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

Some common sense is required here.

He will have just finished playing a full season on 14 December.

Give him a couple of weeks break first to let him move to Edinburgh and to settle in before he is registered on 1st January.

Then let him join the rest of the players as they return from their very short winter break.

Makes sense but still a great time to be in town and a great opportunity to “get” the derby .

Didn't even make the subs bench tonight(maybe being kept for the important league games) in the 3-1 away Czech Cup win over Dukla Prague. Jindracek scored a hat trick.Watched a wee bit on a stream and saw a couple of Jindraceks goals and he looked pretty useful too.

Ricardo Quaresma
9 hours ago, jambocub said:

8 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

We didn't reach the agreed fee though.  It was clear they had a price they wanted and we had a limit to what we'd pay.  They looked after their own interests which is entirely fair.  And it' proven to be a good move for them as he's scored quite a few goals.

:bolt:

18 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

It would just be our luck. I guess we just have to hope.

High Hopes for Dave i know we've had our fair share of duff players over the past few years but this boys different he'll tear this league up he has everything.

9 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

High Hopes for Dave i know we've had our fair share of duff players over the past few years but this boys different he'll tear this league up he has everything.

I am very purposely not watching any video footage of him. Made that mistake before.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

I am very purposely not watching any video footage of him. Made that mistake before.

Understandable with the Duds we've been fed to be fair but dave Will break the mould 

• 2 months later...

On 16/11/2018 at 15:16, i8hibsh said:

It would just be our luck. I guess we just have to hope.

Sadly you might be right