Press running scared

grumpyespana

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

These are previous responses from you to me, when I expressed by displeasure about a related topic recently.

Really? Could you direct me to this post? 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

27 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Really? Could you direct me to this post? 

Was on a different thread on the same or similar topic. I was a snowflake and my reasons for being against this sort of trend was me “virtue signalling”. When I explained to you the real reason why this shit concerns me, you replied with a wideo comment about “looks like he’s a bit upset, eh folks” or somesuch pish. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Was on a different thread on the same or similar topic. I was a snowflake and my reasons for being against this sort of trend was me “virtue signalling”. When I explained to you the real reason why this shit concerns me, you replied with a wideo comment about “looks like he’s a bit upset, eh folks” or somesuch pish. 

Sure it was a similar subject? I'm not. But I can't remember it so unless you can point to the thread I'll not comment.

9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Sure it was a similar subject? I'm not. But I can't remember it so unless you can point to the thread I'll not comment.

Definitely. Somebody random on the internet accusing me of “virtue signalling” wouldn’t even get an acknowledgement from me, if it was over some daft topic which doesn’t directly affect me. Being smarmily accused of virtue signalling, when the reason I object to something is actually quite an important consideration in my life, (unsurprisingly) illicits a much stronger response.

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Definitely. Somebody random on the internet accusing me of “virtue signalling” wouldn’t even get an acknowledgement from me, if it was over some daft topic which doesn’t directly affect me. Being smarmily accused of virtue signalling, when the reason I object to something is actually quite an important consideration in my life, (unsurprisingly) illicits a much stronger response.

I'd have to see the posts referred to in context mothy and not just rely on your memories of the thread. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'd have to see the posts referred to in context mothy and not just rely on your memories of the thread. 

I’ll try and find them later.

8 hours ago, Larky_Jambo said:

Unless you were at the event then I’d hazard a guess that your guessing unless you were at the event? 

Why are those the only options? Perhaps there is a chance i know some of those who were at the fundraiser? Perhaps i've seen this photo before?

How about a new song.... 

God bless you please tommy Robinson...

Jambos love you more than you will know

Wo wo wo

God bless you please tommy robinson

Gorgie holds a place for those who pray.... Hey hey hey.... 

...a bit disco
8 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

How about a new song.... 

God bless you please tommy Robinson...

Jambos love you more than you will know

Wo wo wo

God bless you please tommy robinson

Gorgie holds a place for those who pray.... Hey hey hey.... 

I posted one already in the Tommy Robinson thread yesterday. More appropriate as well.

So here's to you Tommy Robinson,

Arseholes love you more than you will know,

Wo wo wo.

:thumbsup:

Spoiler

Full 

Full song

And here's to you, Tommy. Robinson
Jambos loves you more than you will know
Wo wo wo
God bless you, please, Mr. Robinson
Gorgie holds a place for those who pray 
Hey hey hey, hey hey hey

We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files
We'd like to help you learn to help yourself
Look around you all you see are sympathetic eyes
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home

And here's to you, Mr. Robinson,
Wo wo wo
God bless you, please, Mr Robinson
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

Hide it in the hiding place where no Tim ever goes
Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes
It's a little secret just the Robinson's affair
Most of all you've got to hide them from the kids

Koo-koo-ka-choo, Mr  Robinson,
Wo wo wo
Heaven holds a place for those who pray
Hey, hey, hey hey, hey, hey

Standing on a terrace on a Sunday afternoon
Going to the Tyecastle derby
Laugh about it, shout about it
When you've got to choose
Every way you look at this hibs lose

Where have you gone, Joe Tortolano
Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you
Wu wu wu
What's that you say, Mr. Robinson
Teresa May has left and gone away

17 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

I find it interesting that the Scottish press are having another go at our club with the latest Tommy Robinson nonsense it can only mean one thing they are running scared after our good annual report. What does this mean a blind man can see we will be challenging for years to come there favourite two Glasgow teams and upsetting the apple cart.

I think the issue has more to do with the right wing zoomers who have decided to attach themselves to our club than it is with the press.

Quicker they all get banned for life the better.  

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Full 

Full song

Wo wo wo
Hey hey hey, hey hey hey

Wo wo wo

Wo wo wo

Wu wu wu

Bits in bold pretty much sum up the song.

Pathetic that some our fans are so filled with hate they jump on the band wagon of a man with absolutely 0 affiliation with our club whilst desecrating the memory of the soldiers who fought for this country regardless of colour or religion.

Bridge of Djoum
10 hours ago, Larky_Jambo said:

Unless you were at the event then I’d hazard a guess that your guessing unless you were at the event? 

No, he's absolutely correct. 

McCrae’s Battalion Trust wishes to emphasise in the strongest possible terms that we, McCrae’s Battalion Trust, have no association whatsoever with any and all groups with a political agenda; McCrae’s Battalion Trust has no political affiliation or agenda.

Since the inauguration of the memorial cairn in the Somme village of Contalmaison in 2004, thousands of people have made the pilgrimage to commemorate the sacrifice of all who served. McCrae’s was Scotland’s sporting battalion. They represented their mother country with courage and pride, and it is our opinion that everyone should return that pride and resist at every opportunity any attempt to politicise or desecrate their memory.

The battalion was a broad church, embracing all religions, numerous nationalities and the widest possible variety of occupations. They were all pals together and that is not the least of their enduring legacies.

On behalf of the Trustees
McCrae’s Battalion Trust

Sad that they have to release a statement, sadder that the arseholes who posed in front of the McCrae's banner don't realise that it was these guys who fought for the freedom they now have to promote their bile.

Morons!

18 minutes ago, primrose said:

Sad that they have to release a statement, sadder that the arseholes who posed in front of the McCrae's banner don't realise that it was these guys who fought for the freedom they now have to promote their bile.

Morons!

The idiots involved will now split in to two groups. The first group will be sitting there jaws agape unable to comprehend that MBT think they are an unwanted smelly infestation. The second group will be grunting about MBT no longer observing the 'traditional values' of the UK.

Simpletons.

6 hours ago, Paolo said:

It means, on the park, we are doing something right.  

You, the OP and that bongo guy are off you’re ****ing nuts if you think the press are running scared and publishing stories. What actual planet are you living on?  For **** sake mate. 

19 hours ago, Pistol1874 said:

I don’t think this has anything to do with running scared. It has everything to do with a perfectly understandable revulsion to Mr Yaxley-Lennon, his acolytes and what they stand for.

Personally, I don’t want him or them anywhere near the club, so if the media can help with that I’ll gratefully accept it.

Absolutely bang on this post!

The Real Maroonblood
14 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Why are folk always having a go at Tommy Robinson anyway?  Fair enough, Time Team was a load of shite but he was ****ing brilliant in Blackadder.

Was Time Team to sophisticated for you?

People thinking editors of national newspapers are sitting at conference saying "see Hearts had a good annual report today, let's get our star reporter on finding a bad news story about them".

:lol:

Absolute nutcases.

3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Why are those the only options? Perhaps there is a chance i know some of those who were at the fundraiser? Perhaps i've seen this photo before?

Perhaps you do perhaps you have 

like wise I’ve seen more than the picture or the videos,  

Any fundraiser I’ve been to theres many types of people who attend at the end of the day TR acknowledged Hearts Lads not any other Club let’s not add more to the mix than is already out there. 

Hopefully this all blows over soon. 

10 hours ago, fila said:

Take it, you have just started to follow Hearts 

This season seems worse than usual, perhaps it’s the success on the field?

south morroccan
2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

The idiots involved will now split in to two groups. The first group will be sitting there jaws agape unable to comprehend that MBT think they are an unwanted smelly infestation. The second group will be grunting about MBT no longer observing the 'traditional values' of the UK.

Simpletons.

You give them too much credit. The vast majority will think it doesn't refer to them cos they've got pride in their country. it's no political to be against child abuse and they're aw pals the gither. 

why are some Hearts fans trying to downgrade or deflect this story away by blaming the press? Hearts have a problem with far right groups. The Edinburgh Song is not new and is still heard. The sad fact is that these groups have links with Loyalist groups who have links with SDL. The sad fact is that many more Hearts fans than some would want to admit, don’t have a problem as they are all linked in some way. 

ming the merciless
On 16/11/2018 at 10:52, Smoked-Glass said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Full 

Full song

Wo wo wo
Hey hey hey, hey hey hey

Wo wo wo

Wo wo wo

Wu wu wu

Is this a joke? Presumably not. Please keep this abhorrent bollocks as far away from Tynecastle as is humanly possible. And to those who think this is funny / cool, read a ******* book. What an embarrassment. 

3 hours ago, ming the merciless said:

Is this a joke? Presumably not. Please keep this abhorrent bollocks as far away from Tynecastle as is humanly possible. And to those who think this is funny / cool, read a ******* book. What an embarrassment. 

It's a joke m8.  

17 hours ago, Inchgarvie said:

why are some Hearts fans trying to downgrade or deflect this story away by blaming the press? Hearts have a problem with far right groups. The Edinburgh Song is not new and is still heard. The sad fact is that these groups have links with Loyalist groups who have links with SDL. The sad fact is that many more Hearts fans than some would want to admit, don’t have a problem as they are all linked in some way. 

Hearts and Hibs both have a problem with the abhorrent Edinburgh song. Well, a small minority at both clubs do anyway.

Doctor FinnBarr
On 15/11/2018 at 19:09, sum31uk said:

There is a running theme. Idiots like this, Union Jacks at Tynecastle, Hello hello being sung regularly, morons shouting about fenians at the last derby, that Lee Rigby flag. 

It is becoming embarassing to be a hearts fan!

You'll be fine then mate

Doctor FinnBarr
23 hours ago, Inchgarvie said:

You tripping mate?

Doctor FinnBarr
On 16/11/2018 at 22:36, Inchgarvie said:

On 16/11/2018 at 15:39, sum31uk said:

This season seems worse than usual, perhaps it’s the success on the field?

Mods, I'm not one to stir trouble but these pair of fandans need looking at

On 16/11/2018 at 22:36, Inchgarvie said:

The sad fact is that these groups have links with Loyalist groups who have links with SDL.

Just to clarify only a very minimal amount of Loyalist Supporters would support or be linked to any of the EDL / SDL Groups.

Loyalist Groups fundamental principles are that of honouring the war dead of those soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice of the Great War. 

10 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

Mods, I'm not one to stir trouble but these pair of fandans need looking at

Wow, trying to suppress facts that some Hearts fans have links with far right groups. The fans who bring shame to the club should be 'looked at'

10 hours ago, Larky_Jambo said:

Just to clarify only a very minimal amount of Loyalist Supporters would support or be linked to any of the EDL / SDL Groups.

Loyalist Groups fundamental principles are that of honouring the war dead of those soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice of the Great War. 

So there are no links then and so it's ok? ?

On 15/11/2018 at 19:37, Lfhearts said:

Well I can't see for the masks, but couple of guys I see with no masks on are good lads and long time Hearts fans.

In the context of supporting Hearts their behaviour is not making them look like 'good lads' .

Support Tommy wotsisface all you want . Keep it well away from our club

• 2 weeks later...
The Shed Floodlight

Maybe Tommy is just going to have a visit to Edinburgh, and take in a game, and knows Hearts are best club, plus see an ex Luton player,  more money for Hearts if he pays for his ticket , I cannot remember the clamour when Alex Salmond went to some matches... nobody was having kittens then like a lot of you are now.    

SectionDJambo

Unless anyone has done something to warrant a ban from attending a football match, I would reckon that there is nothing Hearts, or any other club, could do to stop them. If a public disorder results from someone, like Robinson, being in, or outside, the ground, then the Police would have to do their job, and Hearts, or any other club, would have grounds for preventing any future attendance.

This is, I would think, another situation Hearts would rather not have threatening the name of our club. The press are always trying to stir up trouble to sell news, and will keep this going as long as they can. Robinson is more likely to be appreciative of the Union Jack bunch from Govan anyway.

You wonder what the reaction would be if we had a Hearts fan as notorious as Bin Laden, who was an Arsenal fan whilst he lived in London.

54 minutes ago, The Shed Floodlight said:

Maybe Tommy is just going to have a visit to Edinburgh, and take in a game, and knows Hearts are best club, plus see an ex Luton player,  more money for Hearts if he pays for his ticket , I cannot remember the clamour when Alex Salmond went to some matches... nobody was having kittens then like a lot of you are now.    

Lifelong Jambo and not a massive racist. Might have something to do with it